bluejester

quality posts: 556 Private Messages bluejester

Saw a guy wearing "The Cheese is a Liederkranz" the other day at my workplace.

aliebowi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aliebowi

Walked past a couple at the Ann Arbor farmer's market today who were both wearing woot shirts by patrickspens...the dude was wearing "Straw, Sticks, & Bricks BBQ" and the lady was wearing "No one left to play with".

I was (and still am) wearing "Fresh Cake"

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad

Salt Lake has free concerts every week in the summer. This week it was Bright Eyes, and I saw at least half a dozen woot shirts in the crowd, including Pandemonium and Meme Parade.

velasa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages velasa

I was at a free concert at the Piazza in Philly and saw a Thesaurus. Lots of cool t-shirts there but not a lot of woots I recognised.

geeq

quality posts: 2 Private Messages geeq

I now wear nothing but woot! shirts. Well... I added a pair of jeans after the little misunderstanding with the cops at the pre-school that one time.

But yea, all woot! shirts should almost have 10 or so business cards sent with them, that take you to the website, maybe with a referral code/first time buyer discount.

I get asked about my shirts constantly, and I love to spread the woot. So much so that I've started updating my facebook profile pic daily to reflect the shirt I wore that day.

cat thing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cat thing

I saw more woot shirts on Saturday! I was up in Vermont and at the farmers' market in Waitsfield, I saw someone wearing Release the Cuddlin. I also saw someone wearing a shirt that I was sure is a woot shirt but I couldn't find it on shirt.what. It is an asphalt shirt with a yellow triangle (like a warning sign) with a yellow bomb dropping and cracking the bottom of the sign. Anyone know that shirt?

And that night I saw another shirt at American Flatbread (awesome pizza place, also in Waitsfield) but it was a Threadless shirt. That one with the astronaut holding the boombox and the whole picture has a multicolored motion-shadow

Lots of sightings in one day!

cat thing

cat thing wrote:I also saw someone wearing a shirt that I was sure is a woot shirt but I couldn't find it on shirt.what. It is an asphalt shirt with a yellow triangle (like a warning sign) with a yellow bomb dropping and cracking the bottom of the sign. Anyone know that shirt?

A ha! I figured out what the shirt is. It is Uranium: 92 Protons of Boom. And I was slightly wrong about which parts of the shirt were yellow and which parts were not.

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

Saw Nature's Harmony about 1pm this afternoon, near St. Marks + 1st Ave.

Imho, it's one of those generic 'could-get-this-at-target' designs people always moan about, and I did have to wait until the guy walked +right+ past me to confirm what I was looking at.

endangeredomega

2 sightings yesterday here in NYC.

Guy in Victorian Velociraptor just before 6pm, south end of Union Square.

Woman wearing Gardening at Night about 15 minutes later, on the corner of 31st and 6th ave.

ffpicasso

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ffpicasso

First sighting (and first post) ever for me just now, walking back to the office in the Financial District in NYC:

Someone was sitting on the plaza by my building, wearing The Three Classical States of Matter. Made me do a double-take.

endangeredomega

Another NYC sighting - 7th ave, between 22nd and 23d, noted a guy wearing "When Lovers Meat" at about half-six this evening. I had on "Forbidden Future" beneath my jacket, but made no comment, as per usual.

holly2978

quality posts: 1 Private Messages holly2978

I actually got "spotted" today! I was wearing Aquired Taste and my son was wearing you cant catch me. We were at a peace frogs store and he said, "I like your Woot shirt" and his dad said "Geeks hu?" LOL which launched into a woot themed conversation...

jrs1980

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jrs1980
ffpicasso wrote:First sighting (and first post) ever for me just now, walking back to the office in the Financial District in NYC:

Someone was sitting on the plaza by my building, wearing The Three Classical States of Matter. Made me do a double-take.

Oh, I forgot, I saw that one in Minneapolis at a CSTS event last weekend. There was also, appropriately, a Dr. Adorable Love Potion. (The Minnesota Browncoats do a Dr. Horrible screening, too.)

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

cat thing

I've been seeing so many woot shirts lately! I saw a guy wearing Just a Little Paint at the Burlington mall on saturday

CarnivalNights

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CarnivalNights

Three times.

One was an old shirt that survived the reckoning for a few weeks.

The other was the ninja turtles origin shirt that also survived for a few weeks.

The most recent one was on my birthday that passed on June 30. It was the Portal shirt with the lab mice taking the cheese.

Obviously I wouldn't notice anyone wearing anything that was never in the reckoning for more than 5-10 weeks. All of the woot shirts I've bought never made it past week 1, which is just how I like it so I can remain somewhat unique.

endangeredomega

Technically yesterday I suppose. About 10 of 7, 7th ave + 33rd (near Madison Square/Penn Station) - saw a woman wearing A Simple Question of Weight Ratios.

lunadust12

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunadust12

saw morning powerup in neshaminy mall yesterday

golionsgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages golionsgirl

My son and I saw "The Binge" at the Toledo Zoo on Saturday....

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Far too many to count at PAX.

I'm just hanging out, really.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Saw Villainous Victorian Velociraptor and Some Motivation Required while walking around Seattle.

tthor71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tthor71

This past week I was watching some videos from improveverywhere.com on YouTube and saw this shirt in the background in one of their videos. I was like, there is my shirt!

It's this video:
http://youtu.be/RwEYYI-AGWs

at about the 1:38 mark

Markw00t

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Markw00t

Spotted http://shirt.woot.com/shirts/test-tube-baby on the guild Season 5 Episode 6 at the 8:15 mark.

http://video.msn.com?vid=bfd009b3-2db3-4825-ba1b-3cc546a7044a&mkt=en-us&src=FLPl:shareBar:permalink:uuids

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad

I saw Acquired Taste tonight at the Gangrene Film Festival. I also saw a cover band made up of guys dressed like Sasquatch, but that's another thing entirely.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

Just saw Ramyb's "Morning Powerup" down the road at my super close Chipotle.

juliaL719

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juliaL719

Saw Mandala Season today at the Smorgasburg in Williamsburg, Brooklyn

I was wearing Argyle Kites, one of my favorites

endangeredomega

A few sightings around NYC this week:

Weds evening near Times Square - "Lament of the Kiwi" (was w/ the BF at the time, who was wearing "Portrait of the Walrus as a Young Man."

Fri Afternoon @ Crif Dogs in the East Village - "Death Served Till Noon". Was wearing "Forbidden Future".

Sat Morning in Times Sq again, in the rush line for Spider-Man - "Sunny Tune". BF was wearing "Gettysburg Address."

endangeredomega

2 more Woots spotted today in the lottery rush line for Book of Mormon. "Meh" and "Morning Powerup".

Aathos

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Aathos

I saw 'The Doppler Effect' today in downtown Indianapolis while wearing 'Some BBQ' on my way to Rib America Indy.

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64

I haven't been around for very long but tonight I had my first woot shirt sighting. It was Straw, Sticks, & Bricks BBQ by patrickspens. It looked really nice!

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli

Near DC today, on 29 (I think it's 29 at that point) just west of the Key Bridge, I was stopped at the light and one of the people who walked across the street in front of me was wearing Acquired Taste.

sogwennn

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sogwennn

Several weeks ago a guy came through the drive-thru at my job wearing Reflections on Pi. :D

harmony harmony oh love

wepnar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wepnar

Just when I was beginning to think I was the only Woot fan on the Upper West Side I finally spotted my first Woot in the wild. It was a guy wearing The Binge today at about 2 p.m. on Broadway at 85th Street in NYC. I was wearing Gingers!

endangeredomega

Saw "Say No to Scurvy" at about 11pm last Thursday night; 15th + 7th ave here in NYC. Was wearing Krampus, and the BF was sporting Gettysburg Address at the time.

ljpurren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ljpurren

Someone called me out last night for wearing a woot shirt. Its the pink floyd one from early this summer. Was happy to get recognized wearing woot!

goneferal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages goneferal

Saw a guy on the DC Metro wearing Apathy Coalition on 9-11.

endangeredomega

About half-nine this morning, south end of Union Square Park, spotted another guy wearing "It Came Out of Nowhere".

novastarj

quality posts: 30 Private Messages novastarj
endangeredomega wrote:2 more Woots spotted today in the lottery rush line for Book of Mormon. "Meh" and "Morning Powerup".

This past Saturday I was at the Book of Mormon matinee rush wearing "Unstealthiest Ninja."

Sadly didn't get tickets OR see any other Woot shirts

endangeredomega

novastarj wrote:This past Saturday I was at the Book of Mormon matinee rush wearing "Unstealthiest Ninja."

Sadly didn't get tickets OR see any other Woot shirts

Didn't win that day either, unfortunately, but did finally score tickets last Thursday evening whilst wearing Boots' Whale Seamen. It's now officially my lucky shirt! (Had been trying for rush seats since February ... the show was brilliant + def worth the wait.)

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Oddly enough I just spotted one of my own shirts in a short film on Vimeo called Nudity Probable (it's currently at #3 on Reddit in case you're wondering how I stumbled onto such a title, while at work no less). The shirt is 1985 B.C. and it's spotted at the 5:20 mark.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Back on August 22, my wife and daughter were approached at the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History while wearing Donut Panic. The shirt design wasn't recognized so much as the fact that it appeared "woot like".

move along