ansharp


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

I'm always keeping an eye out for woot shirts, but so far I haven't seen any, which is surprising because I live in DC and work at a university. I wear a woot shirt at least once a week, so I'm sure I've been spotted by someone out there.

tomaew


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomaew

I just made a flickr group for shirt.woot in the wild sightings. Here it is.

inecather


quality posts: 0 Private Messages inecather

I was spotted wearing a Woot shirt at
ROFLCON this past weekend by NPR's The Bryant Park Project:

Slide #15

Maxatrillion


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Maxatrillion

Some one noticed my Do The Math t-shirt

nickgwyn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickgwyn

the Totally Rad Show guys wear them all the time

totallyradshow.com

nardobolo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nardobolo

So I was out at a club last weekend, and saw a guy wearing Rad Rod. The embarassing thing was that I was wearing the EXACT same shirt! I don't think he noticed me...

Oh, and his friend was waring Fire Swallow which I own as well...

noisyheartbeats


quality posts: 0 Private Messages noisyheartbeats

i'm at the university of illinois and some kid in my jazz band has worn the "uh oh" shirt, and the angry day one, and the one where the furry forest animals are boxing. i would point it out and be excited but i always feel like a creeper.

ianthemighty


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ianthemighty

I saw the Sputnik shirt on a kid at a music venue in Springfield, Missouri. Also, someone gave a coworker "I'm from the streets."

I've seen plenty of other woot shirts on another coworker, three friends, and my little brother and sister!

choffman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages choffman

I had on "Eating Healthy" the other day and someone said "That's one of those woot shirts, right? But why a blob?"

Had to explain it a number of people, as soon as you say "It's called Eating Healthy, he's eating marathon runners!" every single person has laughed. =)

TurboGraphx16


quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16
nickgwyn wrote:the Totally Rad Show guys wear them all the time

totallyradshow.com



Interesting way to insert a cheap plug for your website on the forums.

Anyways, seeing people like these folks wearing Woot shirts makes me reconsider ever wanting to buy one ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zekewilliams/2368072095/in/pool-719101@N20/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zekewilliams/2340663762/in/pool-719101@N20/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zekewilliams/2339830815/in/pool-719101@N20/

I never want to get lumped in with those fellows.

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
nickgwyn wrote:the Totally Rad Show guys wear them all the time

totallyradshow.com



Episode 58: Jeff is wearing the 3-D Lion
Episode 57: Dan is wearing Carpal tunnel
Episode 56: Dan is wearing Complex Simplicity
Episode 54: Dan is wearing Herd? What Herd?
(I couldn't find one in the previous 20 from there)

tomaew


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomaew
TurboGraphx16 wrote:Interesting way to insert a cheap plug for your website on the forums.

Anyways, seeing people like these folks wearing Woot shirts makes me reconsider ever wanting to buy one ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zekewilliams/2368072095/in/pool-719101@N20/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zekewilliams/2340663762/in/pool-719101@N20/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zekewilliams/2339830815/in/pool-719101@N20/

I never want to get lumped in with those fellows.



While those people may all be nerds or dweebs or whatnot and I think they would possibly self identify as such, they were all out at rock shows having a good time on a Friday night which is more than I can say for most people, much less the subset of individuals who post to internet forums.
Not exactly sure who you want to be lumped in with turbogaphx16 (vintage video game fans?) but those geek-rockers are pretty cool peeps in my world view. -T

TurboGraphx16


quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16
tomaew wrote:While those people may all be nerds or dweebs or whatnot and I think they would possibly self identify as such, they were all out at rock shows having a good time on a Friday night which is more than I can say for most people, much less the subset of individuals who post to internet forums.
Not exactly sure who you want to be lumped in with turbogaphx16 (vintage video game fans?) but those geek-rockers are pretty cool peeps in my world view. -T



Says the guy on the Woot Staff who obviously would like to keep everyone happy so they keep buying shirts ... ;-)

Shiba Ogami


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shiba Ogami
TurboGraphx16 wrote:Says the guy on the Woot Staff who obviously would like to keep everyone happy so they keep buying shirts ... ;-)



No, you're just a closed minded beautiful tulip.

jknunnery


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jknunnery

I saw "Now Let Me Get This Straight" in La Jolla near UCSD campus

kahluanole


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kahluanole

Does anyone watch Ace of Cakes on the Food Network???? Mary Alice was sporting the Arrrrrrrrrrgyle shirt in last weeks episode while looking at the Manatee cake!!! It was tre exciting, and my sister and I just wigged out since we are huge fans of both AOC and shirt.woot!

eyeslikesugar


quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
kahluanole wrote:Does anyone watch Ace of Cakes on the Food Network???? Mary Alice was sporting the Arrrrrrrrrrgyle shirt in last weeks episode while looking at the Manatee cake!!! It was tre exciting, and my sister and I just wigged out since we are huge fans of both AOC and shirt.woot!



Yeah.. Ace of Cakes people apparently love Woot -- I've never seen the show. =)

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

ripforeverjoey


quality posts: 3 Private Messages ripforeverjoey

A guy in my math class at the University of New Orleans was wearing Arrgyle today, but he was sitting across the room from me and I lost him upon exit, so alas, I was not able to call him out.

This was my first shirt.woot sighting, and it was so darn exciting I hope is isn't my last.

MiracleMax


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MiracleMax
kahluanole wrote:Does anyone watch Ace of Cakes on the Food Network???? Mary Alice was sporting the Arrrrrrrrrrgyle shirt in last weeks episode while looking at the Manatee cake!!! It was tre exciting, and my sister and I just wigged out since we are huge fans of both AOC and shirt.woot!



I saw that episode but didn't even notice the shirt. I'm ashamed of myself now.

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed

i've been called out once wearing the launch shirt by someone i didn't know wooted... he thought i'd been quick on the draw, so i explained the friend link to him. reading through some of this inspired me to wear that again today...

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

sailstud25


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25

I saw a guy wearing the Duck Hunt shirt at Marquette University in Milwaukee the other day... I'm pretty sure we've met before, but he was busy and I was just passing through. I wasn't wearing any of mine that day, but wearing Breakfast Topo today! (thanks for the trade eyeslikesugar -- guess I ought to post to that good trades forum :-D )

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

piccnikk


quality posts: 0 Private Messages piccnikk

I'm working on my PhD at the University of Illinois, and as I was cutting through the Med Sciences building on the way to class, I saw someone wearing Say No to Scurvy. I ran by with "I have that shirt!"

My fiance is at Colorado State, and he was wearing Human Genome Project and spotted someone wearing Duck Hunt the other day. Apparently they had both just gotten them in the mail.

First shirt woot sightings for both of us!

Jack31081


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jack31081
personnemaime wrote:A guy was wearing Close Encounters of the 2D Kind yesterday in one of my classes (at James Madison University).



Awesome

thewronggrape


quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape

I saw Mr. Toast this past Saturday (4/26) at the California Science Center in Los Angeles. We were both waiting in line for the Body Worlds exhibit. I wanted to say something, but got too shy. It's a very cool looking shirt.

warrenhj


quality posts: 0 Private Messages warrenhj

So -- I am laughing, I just went jogging in the 'Snowmen in Heat' shirt.

My favorite woot shirt moment was when I wore 'Duct Tape Man' to Ashland, KY and stood outside of the liquor store where the Duct Tape Bandit was apprehended. (I live in DE)

As for shirts as gifts -- if you see a 60 year old man wearing 'Now Let me Get this Straight' along with his 55 year old wife in 'I've Heard of the 70s'.... I did that. I'm fairly sure mom was high that entire decade....

It's all because your momma don't dance and your daddy don't rock n roll.

Seiren1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Seiren1

I was spotted by the cashier of a movie theater about a 2 months ago. I was wearing my "Candy Corn Cannibalism". I was about 15 minutes late for the movie so I wasn't able to chat with her but, it was very exciting non the less.

goldnndrkness


quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldnndrkness

a guy came into my job wearing The Legend was born. i said "nice shirt"
and he said:
"you mean you know what this is?

llo

looks pretty awesome in person

Have these shirts in WS and are willing to sell? PM please!

Cassette Taps
Best thing since
Alice Paining Caterpillar

Zeusandhera


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Zeusandhera
jknunnery wrote:I saw "Now Let Me Get This Straight" in La Jolla near UCSD campus



Nice!

warrenhj wrote:
As for shirts as gifts -- if you see a 60 year old man wearing 'Now Let me Get this Straight' along with his 55 year old wife in 'I've Heard of the 70s'.... I did that. I'm fairly sure mom was high that entire decade....



Thanks! I would love to see a 60 year old man wearing my shirt.

Wait, that sounded wrong... Oh well-- It's true.

tgentry


quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Not exactly a sighting, but I passed along Finding Technicolor (which looks great in person by the way) to Cartoon Brew, a very popular cartoon blog. Animation historian Jerry Beck loved it and posted it on the blog.

shan24


quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
tgentry wrote:Not exactly a sighting, but I passed along Finding Technicolor (which looks great in person by the way) to Cartoon Brew, a very popular cartoon blog. Animation historian Jerry Beck loved it and posted it on the blog.


Linky?

eyeslikesugar


quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
shan24 wrote:Linky?



Linky!

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

blondeprogrammer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blondeprogrammer

Ok, my first sighting of someone i did not turn on to woot.

I was at Scarborough Faire (Waxahachie, Texas) - http://www.scarboroughrenfest.com/ - in all my leather & suede wenchy-ness and what do I see? A gentleman eating the royal fare while sporting "The Cake is a Liar".

While not the usual outfit for such occasions, I was throughly impressed and tried to say a good morrow to said young sir, but alas! Hoop Skirts are a pain to move fast in.

AttilaTheMom


quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
blondeprogrammer wrote:Ok, my first sighting of someone i did not turn on to woot.

I was at Scarborough Faire (Waxahachie, Texas) - http://www.scarboroughrenfest.com/ - in all my leather & suede wenchy-ness and what do I see? A gentleman eating the royal fare while sporting "The Cake is a Liar".

While not the usual outfit for such occasions, I was throughly impressed and tried to say a good morrow to said young sir, but alas! Hoop Skirts are a pain to move fast in.



since when do leather wearin wenches also don the hoops?
I can do the 50 yrd dash in my hoops. Of course, I can also dance an energetic 3 min polka in my hoops. Same diff.

I have yet to see a woot shirt on a body that's not related to me. However, I am taking my camera to gencon this year, and I fully expect to fill a couple pages on that flicker site.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

amcatanzaro


quality posts: 8 Private Messages amcatanzaro
eyeslikesugar wrote:Yeah.. Ace of Cakes people apparently love Woot -- I've never seen the show. =)



Also, this one

I bought All is Calm for my grandmother, if anyone in Ohio sees her, let me know. I hear she wears it all the time.

I wasn't going to stay up. Drat! Foiled again!

Travel in style! Travel in a Woot shirt!

AttilaTheMom


quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
amcatanzaro wrote:Also, this one

I bought All is Calm for my grandmother, if anyone in Ohio sees her, let me know. I hear she wears it all the time.



llo I bought the same shirt for my mom (who is a grandma too), who is also in ohio. Unfortunately I forgot to warn her about the shrinkage so it apparently fits really tight now. XD

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

garyjedi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages garyjedi

I've gathered quite a few woot shirts in the past year. I'm sure I've got more pics of em, but here are a couple in action:



Love,

Gary

eyeslikesugar


quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
garyjedi wrote:I've gathered quite a few woot shirts in the past year. I'm sure I've got more pics of em, but here are a couple in action:



Dear Gary,

Perhaps this sort of post would be better suited for the Post Pictures of Your Woot Shirt thread

Take care!

Love,

Becky

P.S. (Pist?! l ol! w tf? =D I must have been tiiiiired last night... if you don't understand, don't worry)

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

ansharp


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
eyeslikesugar wrote:Dear Gary,

Perhaps this sort of post would be better suited for the Pist Pictures of Your Woot Shirt thread

Take care!

Love,

Becky



Is your name really Becky? I would have never guessed... (not that I have any basis or reason to do so...)

On topic: My boyfriend was sighted yesterday wearing the Lincoln-Gettysburg address shirt. A guy in one of his law school classes came up to him and said, "So, you shop woot?" He replied, "Yeah, sometimes." That was all apparently. Men... hilarious.

trishlyn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages trishlyn

Two of the three guys on "The Totally Rad Show" were wearing Woot shirts on their podcast released yesterday (Dan was wearing Duck Hunt and Jeff was wearing Legend)

Totally Rad Show

Looks like they are a couple of addicts as it's becoming a "what woot shirt will they wear this week" thing.

eyeslikesugar


quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
ansharp wrote:Is your name really Becky? I would have never guessed... (not that I have any basis or reason to do so...)

On topic: My boyfriend was sighted yesterday wearing the Lincoln-Gettysburg address shirt. A guy in one of his law school classes came up to him and said, "So, you shop woot?" He replied, "Yeah, sometimes." That was all apparently. Men... hilarious.



What's in a name?

Yepyep.. my name is Rebecca to the government and official serious business; Becky to everyone else =D I kinda wished I'd been born a Veronica or a Katy or something exotic like a goddess... Eostre, Kali, etc. =D Sometimes when I don't want to talk to people, my name is Esmeralda. Although, my name obsession lately is Penn Jillette's daughter's name: Moxie Crimefighter -- best name evar! Although, I someday hope to have a daughter and name her Tallulah.. not too unusual, but not common either. =)

But yes, my name is Becky =D

I ordered the Lincoln shirt with my sister for my step-mom (her mom, duh) for Mother's Day (it was a go-in together gift) on April 25... it's a few days until mother's day and the shirt is still in Texas! D= Thanks for ruining Mothers Day, Woot.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009