thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert
trishlyn wrote:Two of the three guys on "The Totally Rad Show" were wearing Woot shirts on their podcast released yesterday (Dan was wearing Duck Hunt and Jeff was wearing Legend)

Totally Rad Show

Looks like they are a couple of addicts as it's becoming a "what woot shirt will they wear this week" thing.

Cool link.

annabellee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annabellee

My First Sighting!!
I saw a guy at Wal-Mart in Virginia wearing "Spring-ATRON." I was wearing "Now LEt Me Get This Straight."

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

*does the shirt sighting dance*
I just spotted "Live Wire" on Georgetown University campus. Looked grate on a guy. Was running late for work, so I didn't stop and talk to him (also, maybe I was being a little shy...). Woo hoo, my first sighting!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

Seems like the sightings are on the rise. Now that the warmer weather is here, I'm hoping to spot my first shirt.woot on a stranger. Hasn't happened yet.

I'm taking a few of my shirt.woot designs to family in Spain. I think they'll enjoy having something unique to wear.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

The kids are back from college and there are two woot shirts playing video games in the basement.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz

so flying to arizona out of detroit last week, my wife saw 3rd of July when i was off getting beverages for us...and then upon our return my daughter saw Duck Hunt while i was in the bathroom llo

I have yet to personally see one in the wild

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

brizz wrote:so flying to arizona out of detroit last week, my wife saw 3rd of July when i was off getting beverages for us...and then upon our return my daughter saw Duck Hunt while i was in the bathroom llo

I have yet to personally see one in the wild

Would you have said anything? Did they?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Nokarot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nokarot

First post on these forums.. New to Woot, bought Treacherous Waters last week..

Annyway.

I saw some guy wearing Mr. Toast on the metro (DC) this morning.
http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=5245

eburgian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eburgian

This weekend, at the Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium, a fellow Wooter, fredges, spotted me in my Cat Carrier shirt. It turns out he was wearing Angry Day. So, we decided to take a photo and share it with you folks.

I was surprised to have someone recognize my shirt, but that he was wearing one too really blew me away. But the biggest surprise had to be that neither shirt was asphalt...

If you've ever been curious about how red compares to cranberry, here you go.

fishphotoguy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages fishphotoguy
eburgian wrote:This weekend, at the Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium, a fellow Wooter, fredges, spotted me in my Cat Carrier shirt. It turns out he was wearing Angry Day. So, we decided to take a photo and share it with you folks.

That's a nice zoo, do they still offer elephant rides?

Great post thanks.

On Monday evening I spotted
We Wish You an Ugly Christmas at the Double Daves pizza in NW Austin.

Failed to make contact or get a picture. It was not too hideous on a slim young guy. but pretty ugly. I have a pair I'm planning to gift my sis and bro-in-law with this Xmas. She considers it a victory to get him to sit down to holiday dinners in a T without holes or paint.

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating
eburgian wrote:This weekend, at the Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium, a fellow Wooter, fredges, spotted me in my Cat Carrier shirt. It turns out he was wearing Angry Day. So, we decided to take a photo and share it with you folks.

I was surprised to have someone recognize my shirt, but that he was wearing one too really blew me away. But the biggest surprise had to be that neither shirt was asphalt...

Nice spotting!

thatrobert

Cool. Nice to see my shirt being worn by someone besides me!

And thank you for referring to it correctly as "Cat Carrier" and not "You sunk my cat-tleship"...

theghotiman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theghotiman

This past weekend I was in the Boise, Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Cincinnati, St. Louis, and Phoenix airports. The only woot shirts I saw were the ones I was wearing (though the TSA guy in SLC liked my "Cartons of Death"). I even spent quite a bit of time out in St. Louis and didn't see a one. It was disappointing.

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420

I actually saw a Woot shirt in little ol' Laramie, WY yesterday. The guy was wearing that Who Says Global Warming is Bad shirt and it actually looked really good. The design was HUGE! I was crossing the street one way and he was crossing the other. As we passed I said "Woot" like I was an owl and he stopped dead in his tracks and said "Yeah, woot." Then we moved on. I think he thought I was a little crazy.

Carpe shirtem!

omgniki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omgniki

I saw a ridiculously attractive fella at the Catonsville, MD Panera on 40 today wearing Счастливый Пятидесятый День рождения! He had no idea what I was talking about when I asked him if he had gotten his shirt from woot, and I found myself wishing I had instead asked him for his number.

If that was you, I'm sorry if I creeped you out and you just said you didn't know what I was talking about to get rid of me. =]

Amach06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Amach06
omgniki wrote:I saw a ridiculously attractive fella at the Catonsville, MD Panera on 40 today wearing Счастливый Пятидесятый День рождения! He had no idea what I was talking about when I asked him if he had gotten his shirt from woot, and I found myself wishing I had instead asked him for his number.

If that was you, I'm sorry if I creeped you out and you just said you didn't know what I was talking about to get rid of me. =]

thats quite funny.

Well there is always next year....

Zeusandhera

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Zeusandhera

waffol posted this over in the "Now Let Me Get This Straight" thread:

waffol wrote:So I was watching the news this afternoon and amazingly I spotted this guy!

The video can be watched here: http://www.keyetv.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=18928@keye.dayport.com&navCatId=5 I think he shows up at about 32 seconds into it.

Sorry the screenshots are so bad. It's hard to time it just right. Isn't that neat though?

Woo-hoo!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Zeusandhera wrote:waffol posted this over in the "Now Let Me Get This Straight" thread:

Woo-hoo!

Good sightings this week!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

amcatanzaro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amcatanzaro
theghotiman wrote:This past weekend I was in the Boise, Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Cincinnati, St. Louis, and Phoenix airports. The only woot shirts I saw were the ones I was wearing (though the TSA guy in SLC liked my "Cartons of Death"). I even spent quite a bit of time out in St. Louis and didn't see a one. It was disappointing.

So, you're not the one in the video?

I wore Touring with the Big G when I flew a couple of weeks ago. Nothing.

But the security guard at Target loves my Angry Day shirt.

I will be on the road to Ohio soon. I'll be wearing a Woot shirt, look for me at Rest Stops all across this fine nation!

I wasn't going to stay up. Drat! Foiled again!

Travel in style! Travel in a Woot shirt!

klawrence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages klawrence
amcatanzaro wrote:So, you're not the one in the video?

I wore Touring with the Big G when I flew a couple of weeks ago. Nothing.

But the security guard at Target loves my Angry Day shirt.

I will be on the road to Ohio soon. I'll be wearing a Woot shirt, look for me at Rest Stops all across this fine nation!

*giggles* I actually want people to spot me too. I think it has to do with the fact that everyone I know gives me a hard time about my woot obsession (even though I buy them shirts) & I want a real live person to share my enthusiasm. Everytime I go out of town I take woot shirts with me. =P
I want to spot one just as bad . I'm convinced no one in Houston is a wooter.

Geckotek

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Geckotek

I was sighted by a Woot employee at a coffee shop in Carrollton wearing Dragonly Love. But said employee was not wearing a Woot shirt! **gasp!!** He said he was still trying to pick one out. Hmmmmmmm =P

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Another coffee shop sighting!
Zombie Garden shirt
I was at Starbucks and the girl who worked there said..."threadless?'
I said , No. woot.
She said, Oh yeah, my friend has that shirt, he loves woot!
I said, yeah, I got this for my son, but I really liked it. I couldn't decide if I could wear it (I'm a 54 year old mom of 2 kids in their 20"s)
She said , well if you are a cool mom you can.
(she was not being sarcastic either!)

My 21 year old has told his friends, he now only wears woot or threadless shirts now.

I do have plenty of shirt sightings, but they are all kids I turned onto the site. That doesn't count.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

thatrobert

Finally saw my first Woot for myself on someone I'm not related to. I saw "Urban Meltdown" at Lowe's in Hillsboro, OR. I said, "hey, that's a Woot shirt". He looked down and said, "uh, I guess it is". Another customer scared off by a weird rabid fan!

jmd161616

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmd161616
klawrence wrote:*giggles* I actually want people to spot me too. I think it has to do with the fact that everyone I know gives me a hard time about my woot obsession (even though I buy them shirts) & I want a real live person to share my enthusiasm. Everytime I go out of town I take woot shirts with me. =P

I wear a woot just about every day and I'm in the Houston area too. Never run across a woot either. Hopefully, we'll spot each other and lots of other wooters, too. Kind of expected to see one at the art car parade this month but no luck.

amcatanzaro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amcatanzaro
klawrence wrote:*giggles* I actually want people to spot me too. I think it has to do with the fact that everyone I know gives me a hard time about my woot obsession (even though I buy them shirts) & I want a real live person to share my enthusiasm. Everytime I go out of town I take woot shirts with me. =P

Ok, then I have a 50/50 chance of someone being creeped out when I scream, "Woot shirt!" from across the room.
Awesome, it's just not me. Thousands of dollars of psychotherapy saved.

I wasn't going to stay up. Drat! Foiled again!

Travel in style! Travel in a Woot shirt!

middlefinger9573

quality posts: 0 Private Messages middlefinger9573

Weird, a lot of coffee shop sightings recently.

I work at a coffee shop in the French Quarter in New Orleans and I had a customer come in today wearing Where Are My Toys? I immediately said "WOOT!" and had a short conversation about my collection of shirts and the overall addicting nature of the shirt.woot universe. Always great to meet a fellow wooter.

smsw8891

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smsw8891

Spring-ATRON R.E.S.U.B.

Surprisingly on a friends girlfriend today. Homewood, IL. First one i have seen on someone.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

I saw Backyard Brawl at a festival yesterday. I didn't say anything, though. As you might expect, I am not about to risk being punched in the face by starting to talk woot with a stranger.

GCSkater

quality posts: 1 Private Messages GCSkater

Totally saw "Mister Bobo, Masonic Dyna-Monkey" at my work today. My cashier was talking to the person for way to long for me to butt in and say anything to the guy, but it was a very cool feeling none the less.

KidCam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KidCam

i saw someone wearing fast food at the source mall (in long island, new york) a while back
but the dude was with his girlfriend, and i didnt want to look weird, so no strange story =P

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire

My second ever shirt.woot sighting!

Today was Guitar Center's HUGE memorial sale day. The HUGEST part about it was that I was stuck there for 13 hours. In any case, this dude came through our front door wearing "Watch It Grow", and I was all like, "WOOT!", and pointed at his shirt. He kinda waved me off, said "yeah", and stared at the ground.

On a related note, I saw a Natalie Dee shirt later in the day. I had to do a double take as I totally walked into a ladder. "Is that a Natalie Dee shirt?" ...and she was all like "HELL YEAH" and we high fived.

kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226

I saw a guy at the Washington Nationals game on Sunday wearing a "I heard of the 70's" shirt.

I hollared out BOSS SHIRT, BOSS, but didn't get the I KNOW response.

It was sort of depressing because I was wearing Mr. Toast at the time. Maybe he was embarrassed that we both chose to wear our brown woot shirts...

klawrence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages klawrence
jmd161616 wrote:I wear a woot just about every day and I'm in the Houston area too. Never run across a woot either. Hopefully, we'll spot each other and lots of other wooters, too. Kind of expected to see one at the art car parade this month but no luck.

There's hope for Houston yet!

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

Last Friday I saw Anatomy Test on a guy biking through the Georgetown University Medical campus. I was wearing RTFO, but he just zoomed by at a distance.

I was, however, spotted at a Wiyos concert in Derwood, MD that same night. During intermission, a guy I had met earlier said, "Shirt woot?" I was, like, "Yeah!" Then he said he also had RTFO, at which point I got shy and walked away. I wanted to talk to him more about woot after the concert, but I didn't get the opportunity. If you read this, sorry for seeming rude! My bf was also there wearing Civ Duty Dance, but I don't think he got spotted.

It was quite a day for shirt.woot in the DC area!

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy

I spotted a Zelda shirt on Saturday May 24 in Mesquite, TX, at an arcade game auction.

parkermc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages parkermc

I saw a Decomposition shirt at my high school. I didn't know the guy and the halls were too crowded to catch up to him but it was definitely Decomposition.

After I got the Communist Party shirt from Threadless I've seen two at school. We all got them in the same sale. llo Good thing since they're sold out now. I haven't seen any other woot or Threadless shirts tho.

I've got a Physics exam in 50 minutes. Nooooooooooooooooo! rofl I guess I've delayed studying long enough, yeah? llo

sparklzk27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparklzk27
Geckotek wrote:I was sighted by a Woot employee at a coffee shop in Carrollton wearing Dragonly Love. But said employee was not wearing a Woot shirt! **gasp!!** He said he was still trying to pick one out. Hmmmmmmm =P

yay! I was hoping dragonly love would show up in the sightings! it's crazy to think that over 2,000 shirts with my design are out there somewhere

TurboGraphx16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16

I think this is a sighting, but I'm not sure.

I've been visiting the website Tuccioholic regularly, and in the "WHO?" section of the site, I think Ken Tuccio is wearing the Lady In The Water shirt.

I might be wrong, cause you can only see 25% of the shirt, but I could swear I saw that shirt on here before.

On a side note, the site's really funny if you've never checked it out.

MiracleMax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MiracleMax
TurboGraphx16 wrote:I think this is a sighting, but I'm not sure.

I've been visiting the website Tuccioholic regularly, and in the "WHO?" section of the site, I think Ken Tuccio is wearing the Lady In The Water shirt.

I might be wrong, cause you can only see 25% of the shirt, but I could swear I saw that shirt on here before.

On a side note, the site's really funny if you've never checked it out.

Sure looks like it's Lady in the Water to me! Good catch.

omgniki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omgniki
kenney9226 wrote:I saw a guy at the Washington Nationals game on Sunday wearing a "I heard of the 70's" shirt.

I hollared out BOSS SHIRT, BOSS, but didn't get the I KNOW response.

It was sort of depressing because I was wearing Mr. Toast at the time. Maybe he was embarrassed that we both chose to wear our brown woot shirts...

I was at that game, and I saw him, too! =]
He gave me a strange look when I said "woot?" and walked away.