aprilfool321

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aprilfool321

The catepiller looks like Cat in the hat

vishneda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vishneda

I always hate to speak out against a James Cho design because I think a lot of people hate his stuff out of jealousy rather than true consumer opinion. Plus, I like his work on the whole. For this piece, I feel like if a guy is going to take on the likes of Escher, Tenniel, and Carroll, the work he does needs to really speak to people. This design doesn't really speak to me at all. It feels forced. I know it's not forced... I'm not claiming this is a design that was jammed into the derby or any other such nonsense... but the ideas don't melt together for me. The whole "she's in the picture and painting it" motif doesn't flow naturally for me. I guess I am just weird on this.

I think it was said before many times that Alice looks too tramped up in this as well. I'd agree with that. Just seemed like an unneeded detail that detracts from the effort.

slayer81

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slayer81

If Alice was closer people might think....

jtoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jtoc

is that a wootka?

I don't care what you think.

mordicat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mordicat

in for one

great idea, excellent execution!

Urban Painter, Random Shirt (x3), Stop Motion, Me-Too Birds Flee A Pander Tree, Plan B, Say No To Scurvy, Pockets of Spring, Why Can’t I Fly, Friend?, Swim, Little Nessie!, Lady out of water, Survival Tracking Guide, Do The Math, Anatomy Test, Cartons Of Death, Alice Painting Caterpillar, Full of Ink

melloMaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melloMaster

excellent concept and design....very well done.

Gotta love w00t's additional humour in the write-up

mellian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mellian

Don't go there...

This was supposed to be a reply to Slayer's:

If Alice was closer people might think....

Internet Exploder barfed on me and the link was lost to the original reply..

1xoowl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1xoowl

Congrats to both 1st & 2nd place shirts - really creative!
No offense, but I really had my heart set on Neverland - any chance we might see that one tomorrow? (or elsewhere?)

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
outlawmoogle wrote:I'm not a kid or a girl so, no thanks.

Do you people think before you type, or do your fingers flash across the keyboard before you're able to form a thought?

Ether88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ether88

best woot shirt ive seen in a while, got mine

larsonyo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages larsonyo

In for one... waaaaaaaaaay too many woot shirts...

koinosuke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koinosuke

I'm really glad this was in the top three. In for one, despite the fact that I've found a new woot shirt in my mailbox every day for four days. Maybe I should slow down...

fablefire

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fablefire

L.o.l @ the woot commentary. Lowest common denominator...

Grats Cho.

kihou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kihou

I had to break down and buy this one.
Very well done, I love her cute dress and pretty legs. Oh yeah, and the rest of the picture. ^_~

parkermc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages parkermc
blahmcblah wrote:Great design, but I really wanted both Neverland and Graffeeti

The real irony is that Alice's Adventures were all a dream. Had this design (which is drawn very well, but is not graffiti, IMO) been entered in **this** week's derby, not only would it have matched the "Dream" theme perfectly, but it may well have swept the voting and ended up in first, rather than second, place.

Yes, woot really does have a wicked sense of humor. Either that or wacky timing with derby themes.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
snarkygal wrote:I don't like white shirts. I'm broke. But I have to have this shirt. In for 1.

I know exactly how you feel - but I love the intricacy and the design. Good thing I wear a lot of t's.

clsours

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clsours

bump the shirt, i want alice

black08atlast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages black08atlast

Call me crazy, but I absolutely love the shirt as a complete work: I think the design is very intricate, looks great, and that the white shirt was the perfect canvas for it. This will be a great shirt for hookah night! In for 1!

DavidRox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidRox

Another lame shirt.

ygbsm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ygbsm

"Alice Painting Caterpillar?" ...more like Alice drawing from the hookah while painting the cat...

Jarreb

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jarreb

No smokin' on my shirts...

No one cares how much you know, until they know how much you care.

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
fablefire wrote:L.o.l @ the woot commentary. Lowest common denominator...

Grats Cho.

i caught that too

smilyred

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smilyred

not into drugs im out

23 woots (5 sellout)(4 woot) (14 shirts)
money glady blown $byebyemoney
and yes i own a brown refurbed zune and love it

heartluce

WonderWooter

quality posts: 6 Private Messages WonderWooter
heartluce wrote:test

the test was a success. You may rest easy

Don't be sexist. Broads hate that.

heartluce

WonderWooter wrote:the test was a success. You may rest easy

L*O*L, thank you. Now I can sleep in peace.

ngsm13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ngsm13

n'okay!

mrfujidoesacid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrfujidoesacid

first woot ever! amazing design... i will proudly rock this shirt all over brooklyn.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom

wow I have waaaay to many friggin shirts. but always room for another if they are this awesome. in for one. and congrats james, on another very fine design.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

andeewells

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andeewells

i discovered shirt.woot this week and i've already purchased two shirts. this is my second purchase. im lovin' it.

dangsthurt

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dangsthurt

in for three!

scuzzmaster11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scuzzmaster11

mmmmm . . . alice . . . long legs . . . . naughty thoughs involving 'shrooms from high school days 25 years ago . . . (sigh) . . . where've all the years gone? bought it even tho white sucks, ha!

BETTYTWV

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BETTYTWV
KryseeMac wrote:I LOVE THIS SHIRT!! James..good job. I almost wish I was back in THOSE days as I am now a Grandma and that just won't work anymore. But dang./.wish I could get one.

I was thinking the same thing!
And for those hating on the white t....bet it would look great tye-dyed!

The Lord is my Shepherd

martiedawn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages martiedawn
vishneda wrote:I always hate to speak out against a James Cho design because I think a lot of people hate his stuff out of jealousy rather than true consumer opinion. Plus, I like his work on the whole. For this piece, I feel like if a guy is going to take on the likes of Escher, Tenniel, and Carroll, the work he does needs to really speak to people. This design doesn't really speak to me at all. It feels forced. I know it's not forced... I'm not claiming this is a design that was jammed into the derby or any other such nonsense... but the ideas don't melt together for me. The whole "she's in the picture and painting it" motif doesn't flow naturally for me. I guess I am just weird on this.

I think it was said before many times that Alice looks too tramped up in this as well. I'd agree with that. Just seemed like an unneeded detail that detracts from the effort.

I think that the tarted up Alice actually works. But that's only accept controversial idea that Carrol was inclined to lust over young girls, particularly the prepubescent girl that may have been the inspiration for the much loved heroine of Wonderland.

As for the shirt, I love it but can't bring myself to wear white which sucks because this is the only shirt that I have EVER seen that works in white. Ah well, here's hoping neverland got third.

WonderWooter

quality posts: 6 Private Messages WonderWooter
martiedawn wrote:I think that the tarted up Alice actually works. But that's only accept controversial idea that Carrol was inclined to lust over young girls, particularly the prepubescent girl that may have been the inspiration for the much loved heroine of Wonderland.

that's comforting. hee hee

Don't be sexist. Broads hate that.

k0rnball

quality posts: 0 Private Messages k0rnball

Awesome shirt! I really like the design.

hermanbaggins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hermanbaggins

awsome design. love all that smoke

mcnaryxc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mcnaryxc

Awesome shirt design. I would buy one, but I don't like wearing white shirts outside of exercising. I hope Graffeeti wins for tomorrow because I'll definitely buy that one.

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar

A little late commenting.. but, love it cho.. first and only white Woot shirt I'll buy.
Congrats. =)

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

Chris8907

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chris8907

Suppose to be a hookah ;)

Free yourself from yourself