jonomc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonomc
dekonstruct wrote:Man, y'all get hung up on whether or not you're a "real" musician. Define "real" musician without using the term "for a living", or "makes money" because those have nothing to do with being "real" to me.

anyone else care to take a stab?

superspryte wrote:And here's a good place to start that definition. ^_~

thanks for the link spryte, i feel like i just stumbled into a secret smoky room

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

JadenKale wrote:yay spryte posted a heart <(^_^)>

I usually do this: <3

And here's my dancing spryte:

o(^_^o) (o^_^)o o(^_^o) (o^_^)o

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

jonomc wrote:thanks for the link spryte, i feel like i just stumbled into a secret smoky room

No problem. It's not a secret room though. ^_~ I don't want anyone to get in trouble so I keep promoting this. It keeps the derby thread cleaner too... I'll be making a new Cyberpub every week to go with each derby, then posting a link to it on the first page. It's there this week, I promise. With any luck everyone'll get used to it and look for the link. Hopefully.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Hi folks. Of course, a late entry. Can I get support to get it up to 50 before tomorrow? Thanks!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Hi folks. Of course, a late entry. Can I get support to get it up to 50 before tomorrow? Thanks!

Is that an open mouth? I'm confused. -_-

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Is anyone out there? What do we think are the chances for a glittery ink with the cute little critter on the daily today?

*want*

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Okay, fine. I'll keep talking to myself. I'll just make a post to leave notes for people. It will get longer as I find more cuteness to post.

Patch, whenever you want to say something you're famous for in the forums, please see this
And Derek's shirt makes me think of this...

Really, you guys need to read through this comic. It is 100% my kind of stuff, stuff I'd draw and it's got the emoticon faces I use...

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
superspryte wrote:Good to see I'm not the only one singing. ^_^

If there was something bad in the threads I must've missed it or they were deleted.

That half painted Mona Lisa had a comment from LadyChic (the same dumbass that posted about my promoting my piece) I know that snarky and I don't always get along, but although she went on a bit about it, her point was well established and didn't stop the fact that the design in question was poorly done AND violated most of the rules. It wasn't necessary to have a comment made by someone on a second account to attack her. L O L pepper got into it. I just saw her post.

JadenKale

superspryte wrote:Is that an open mouth? I'm confused. -_-

yes he's cheering about the fact he's not in the race ;)

JadenKale

superspryte wrote:Is anyone out there? What do we think are the chances for a glittery ink with the cute little critter on the daily today?

*want*

glitter ink would be amazing (but I think I'd rather have a subtle glitter in the background and then the creature in his bright turquoise as a solid color.) Dammit, he's really growing on me. I've been saving the money for the derby shirt

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

JadenKale wrote:That half painted Mona Lisa had a comment from LadyChic (the same dumbass that posted about my promoting my piece) I know that snarky and I don't always get along, but although she went on a bit about it, her point was well established and didn't stop the fact that the design in question was poorly done AND violated most of the rules. It wasn't necessary to have a comment made by someone on a second account to attack her. L O L pepper got into it. I just saw her post.

Oh man. Makes me think a little of cheese's entry last week. I'm sad that didn't win, by the way. T_T I wanted it more than the sheep. Sorry to the sheep designer, but it's true.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

JadenKale wrote:glitter ink would be amazing (but I think I'd rather have a subtle glitter in the background and then the creature in his bright turquoise as a solid color.) Dammit, he's really growing on me. I've been saving the money for the derby shirt

Glittery critter = gross. I meant the cranberry color. We're in agreement.

JadenKale

superspryte wrote:Okay, fine. I'll keep talking to myself. I'll just make a post to leave notes for people. It will get longer as I find more cuteness to post.

Patch, whenever you want to say something you're famous for in the forums, please see this

Really, you guys need to read through this comic. It is 100% my kind of stuff, stuff I'd draw and it's got the emoticon faces I use...

I was looking at the site last night... pretty cute and funny stuff. totally love it.

JadenKale

superspryte wrote:Glittery critter = gross. I meant the cranberry color. We're in agreement.

YAY!!! *dances in her office where her boss can't see her*

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

JadenKale wrote:I was looking at the site last night... pretty cute and funny stuff. totally love it.

^_^

Isn't that first one so Patch?

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

dekonstruct wrote:Heck yeah, or whiffle bats, or pillows, or cardboard boxes, or empty plastic bottles, or water balloons... I may have had a more violent childhood than I thought.

I always sucked at water balloons. They never popped when I hit people. -_-

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct

What the hell... apparently i've been here but haven't been here and this is all news to me and now I need to go outside for a bit to take this all in... when did this cyberpub thing start?

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

dekonstruct wrote:What the hell... apparently i've been here but haven't been here and this is all news to me and now I need to go outside for a bit to take this all in... when did this cyberpub thing start?

I started it this derby because of the probations last week. I will make a new one every week. ^_^

dekonstruct

superspryte wrote:I started it this derby because of the probations last week. I will make a new one every week. ^_^

That is very kind of you to save of from being probated. Thank you.

SkekTek

superspryte wrote:Is that an open mouth? I'm confused. -_-

He's smiling...

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

dekonstruct wrote:That is very kind of you to save of from being probated. Thank you.

o_O

Are you making fun of me? -_-

On another note, Pember just mention sleep disorders in the other thread. Anyone have anything to say about that?

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:He's smiling...

Oh! Duh, drunken happy. I'm a stupidhead.

dekonstruct

superspryte wrote:o_O

Are you making fun of me? -_-

On another note, Pember just mention sleep disorders in the other thread. Anyone have anything to say about that?

Nope, not making fun, just wanted to say the word probated... ahhhh that feels better.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

dekonstruct wrote:Nope, not making fun, just wanted to say the word probated... ahhhh that feels better.

*giggles* tee-hees!

Good to know. It's so hard to tell on teh internets. ^_~

EDIT: Oh man that would make the best filter ever. internet = teh internets. I would laugh long time.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

On an unrelated to anything note, I want a woot-off. How about that, woot gods? It's Thursday tomorrow. The past few have been on Thursdays. I like Thursday. ^_~

SkekTek

superspryte wrote:Oh! Duh, drunken happy. I'm a stupidhead.

S'okay... I could have given him definitive teeth or something to hammer it home.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:S'okay... I could have given him definitive teeth or something to hammer it home.

Ohhhhhh. *That's* why I didn't get it. No teeth. *facepalm*

dekonstruct

superspryte wrote:On an unrelated to anything note, I want a woot-off. How about that, woot gods? It's Thursday tomorrow. The past few have been on Thursdays. I like Thursday. ^_~

What's a woot off?

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

dekonstruct wrote:What's a woot off?

*faint*

Oh no...you don't know? You poor dear. The What is Woot? page will be quite useful in your search for the holy grail. ^_^

By the way, that wasn't feint. ^_~

dekonstruct

superspryte wrote:*faint*

Oh no...you don't know? You poor dear. The What is Woot? page will be quite useful in your search for the holy grail. ^_^

By the way, that wasn't feint. ^_~

Neat! Are you suggesting a woot off for shirts? That'd be boss.

JadenKale

superspryte wrote:^_^

Isn't that first one so Patch?

*giggles* yes ^_^

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

dekonstruct wrote:Neat! Are you suggesting a woot off for shirts? That'd be boss.

No. Woot offs will only be on classic woot. They sometimes slip things from the other sites in and the popularity of those items are why wine.woot and shirt.woot exist. This past derby had an offering from both. It's not possible to have a woot-off for wine because they can only sell something like 2 wine offerings a week. A shirt.woot derby might be rough because it would require exceptionally high print volumes. I don't think they'd do that to themselves. They already nearly die for woot offs. ^_^

JadenKale

GAH!!! I just had votes taken away! T_T

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

JadenKale wrote:GAH!!! I just had votes taken away! T_T

I wubble that. -_- It wasn't me.

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
JadenKale wrote:This one is my favorite. I think most here would know why.

THat one was a little creepy... i can identify.. but creepy

SkekTek

superspryte wrote:Ohhhhhh. *That's* why I didn't get it. No teeth. *facepalm*

Part of a good design is not having potential wearers mis-interpret a design. Or at least do so intentionally. So my bad.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
superspryte wrote:They already nearly die for woot offs. ^_^

Ms. Spryte, do you think they might be going back to a once-every-two-months-or-so schedule?

JadenKale

superspryte wrote:No. Woot offs will only be on classic woot. They sometimes slip things from the other sites in and the popularity of those items are why wine.woot and shirt.woot exist. This past derby had an offering from both. It's not possible to have a woot-off for wine because they can only sell something like 2 wine offerings a week. A shirt.woot derby might be rough because it would require exceptionally high print volumes. I don't think they'd do that to themselves. They already nearly die for woot offs. ^_^

God... I need a wootoff bad... *gets the shakes*

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
superspryte wrote:Okay, fine. I'll keep talking to myself. I'll just make a post to leave notes for people. It will get longer as I find more cuteness to post.

I am so not a bad idea..... :P tho - i am a little devlish

JadenKale

Patchitect wrote:THat one was a little creepy... i can identify.. but creepy

yes but I actually felt for that girl when I saw it. I freaked the first time watching it, but once I saw it grow legs and arms, I was all "Damn! that's me" (only my heart probably would have pulled out a gun -_- )