+ Add a Comment

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
Re: Designing shirts is just not your thing.

Wait, why was this rejected?

fablefire

Re: It's a ewe.

More votes! C'mon! Ewe can do it! *badump chh!*

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

parkermc wrote:In 5th place with 48 votes and counting. No reason, whatsoever, to remove it.

Apparently there was. I don't think she meant just the voters though, because I'm pretty sure she was talking about the people commenting on this board.

You should definitely create and submit more though. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

BlatantAlias

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BlatantAlias
Re: I Don't Wanna Play No More

Got a resubmit idea disco, redo it with all puffaluffs and the one leaving has a hunk of cheese.

fablefire

BlatantAlias wrote:Got a resubmit idea disco, redo it with all puffaluffs and the one leaving has a hunk of cheese.

I don't know, the angry fans might see the symbolism in that and kill it again.

narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
AlexIAm wrote:LOVE IT. GMV.

btw, wearing angry day right now... one of favorite woot shirts so far.

ME TOO!!! : )

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

fablefire wrote:I don't know, the angry fans might see the symbolism in that and kill it again.

I don't know about that. I wasn't a fan of the first idea but I'd vote for a puffaluff version. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

sinisterpenguin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sinisterpenguin
Bryan818 wrote:theme?

I thought that running away was pretty much quitting..

thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert

Stinks that you were rejectorated. I always post with a gradient at the 240x version too. It's just random that I didn't this time. Hurry and resub!

fablefire

superspryte wrote:I don't know about that. I wasn't a fan of the first idea but I'd vote for a puffaluff version. ^_^

Why, it implies the same thing...

Gumiho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
Re: 2 Seconds Notice

It's every employee's dream, who hates his or her job, to just walk up to the boss, look him firm in the eye and say, "This is my 2 SECONDS notice. Take this job and shove it."

snarkygal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
fablefire wrote:Just because he has a shirt about quitting doesn't mean he HAS been around.

The people you guys *should* be getting mad at is Woot. It's THEIR theme. It's THEIR "coincidence".

Anyone remember Damiendone? If damien had just pulled his "I'm going to threadless routine" you guys would all be cheering. Instead, because it's Cho, you're all raising hell. :P

Damien is still here...just using BeigeSabbath name

parkermc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages parkermc
superspryte wrote:Apparently there was. I don't think she meant just the voters though, because I'm pretty sure she was talking about the people commenting on this board.

You should definitely create and submit more though. ^_^

Some of us who witnessed the profane tantrum in real-time the other day see this thread as very mild, not to mention humorous. Now that the point was made, though, I hope discodancing reworks the piece and resubmits. As I suggested earlier, it would work great with a ball rather than a t-shirt. It would then be a general "I quit!" design. The core idea is very sound.

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: Voodon't!

This has been resubmitted, please vote again if you like it!

Check out my blog:Here!

snarkygal

wow rejected because of the thumbnail??? that just vacuums. I really liked this design.

bama89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bama89
Re: Dare to Quit

might want to add the word "an" before embarrassing, just so it makes a bit more sense.

EyeTeeGuy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EyeTeeGuy

snarkygal

derekfilley wrote:This has been resubmitted, please vote again if you like it!

YGMV

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
fablefire wrote:Just because he has a shirt about quitting doesn't mean he HAS been around.

The people you guys *should* be getting mad at is Woot. It's THEIR theme. It's THEIR "coincidence".

Anyone remember Damiendone? If damien had just pulled his "I'm going to threadless routine" you guys would all be cheering. Instead, because it's Cho, you're all raising hell. :P

I'm not too happy with Woot either, because the theme reads as a bit of a low blow.

And I'd be pissed as hell if Damien left again- he was gone for a little and I actually emailed him because it bugged me so much. Everyone's got their fans, and if Damien had a few more wins he'd have even more of them.

fablefire

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=9504]When engine

This is hilarious, and well done. It was a jab at the Edgar voting base. Please. Vote for entries based on the QUALITY. Don't vote for it because of the name. You SHOULD feel foolish if you're only voting based on the name.

Bravo sir or madame.

EDIT: Forgot to add... Kudos to you Edgar for taking this so well. Too bad people aren't taking a page from your book.

yugidean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yugidean
Re: Quit While You are Ahead

I love this. I love morbid senses of humor. I love disembodied heads.

...as long as they're not real.

Beano before, and there'll be no gas!

aaa6112

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aaa6112

nice design, fable.

IMHO, the font for PLAN B should have been just a little thicker. right now, the difference in thickness between the font sizes is a little too much for me.

good luck in the derby!

mer4585

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mer4585
Re: I Wish I Knew How to Quit You

I loved the thumbnail- I think i would like the design without the text though.. .just a thought

fablefire

geekfactor12 wrote:I'm not too happy with Woot either, because the theme reads as a bit of a low blow.

Thank you! Woot's a bit of a hypocrite on this one.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

parkermc wrote:Some of us who witnessed the profane tantrum in real-time the other day see this thread as very mild, not to mention humorous. Now that the point was made, though, I hope discodancing reworks the piece and resubmits. As I suggested earlier, it would work great with a ball rather than a t-shirt. It would then be a general "I quit!" design. The core idea is very sound.

Mild or not, it looked like a commentary on what we saw, and was axed accordingly. I'd love to see a puffaluff version. ^_^

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: KTHNXBAI!!!1

Thanks everyone! I guess it's the quick and dirty things that do well on these derbys. Let's hope god is a ctrl+alt+del kind of person, at least that gives us a little time to watch the shutdown

fablefire

superspryte wrote:Mild or not, it looked like a commentary on what we saw, and was axed accordingly. I'd love to see a puffaluff version. ^_^

Do you have evidence that it was commentary?

You know, for someone getting unfairly axed in the Graffiti derby, I'd think you would have a little more sympathy.

Instead of "it looked like a commentary", let's switch it with "it looked too close to the original photos".

burtonrider404

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burtonrider404
Re: Drama Queen

nice!!!!!!

byrbwr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr

aww... i liked this too!

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: I Wish I Knew How to Quit You

Yay! thanks guys. I'd love to do one without the text if I could make it fit the quitting theme... but how?

I'd also like to do any kind of guinea pig shirt, they're so fun to draw. Perhaps a guinea pig version of angry day.

BTW- Thanks all you angry day shirt wearers! you're the coolest, and maybe someday we'll bump into eachother wearing it outside of a mall, or grocery store, or deconstructionist propaganda films shop...

I'll be the one with a bag for a head.

Coollikethat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Coollikethat
Re: Kwame the Quitter

Didn't they say no Clebrety likenesses?
I'm no movie watcher (or keep up with tinsle town)
But i think that might be...
Funny though

"Good Luck...You're gonna need it."
-CLT

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

fablefire wrote:Why, it implies the same thing...

Because it's CHEESE.

aaa6112

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aaa6112
Re: El Prospector Cansado

great concept, right on the theme.
love ur drawing...its awesome!
shirt color...i don't know how brown would look on me....i might find out : P
all the best, tgentry!

keyser520

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keyser520
keyser520 wrote:It's OK... you can vote... the sharks won't attack you just because you voted...

Ok, I ALMOST understood the rejection LAST week.. when my hippo design was killed for being "too similar" to the previous one... almost..

But this... How in the freakin' world could this be rejected? The topic is QUITTING... I'm having sharks attempt to QUIT attacking surfboarders. The graphic is a guide to distinguish between them. How is this possible "OFF TOPIC" ???

keyser520

Re: When sharks try to quit the habit...

Ok, I ALMOST understood the rejection LAST week.. when my hippo design was killed for being "too similar" to the previous one... almost..

But this... How in the freakin' world could this be rejected? The topic is QUITTING... I'm having sharks attempt to QUIT attacking surfboarders. The graphic is a guide to distinguish between them. How is this possible "OFF TOPIC" ???

edgarrmcherley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edgarrmcherley
edgarrmcherly wrote:hahaha. This is really funny

Hi everyone, this is fake edgar.

I think it's time for me to talk to all of you, so you don't have to infer anything. I'd like to start out by thanking Mr Mcherly for letting me borrow his name for a while. I have had the opportunity to chat with him a bit, and he called himself 'your friend, Edgar R. Mcherly'. I don't do things to wound friends, so clearly, nothing was done to hurt Mr. Mcherly.

Many of you seem to have assumed the worst about my picture. Please don't. I did not make this to embarrass or make fun of anyone. I just wanted to spend a day in Edgar's shoes. His shoes are very nice, by the way. They smell like cinnamon, and when you wear them, people give you chocolates and say nice things to you. This is in pretty stark contrast to Central Park in New York, where they hit you about the head and take your money.

We need more Edgar in Central Park.

Anyways, Mr. Mcherly and I both share a common worry that the woot forums are getting to be hateful places to be. Please, on behalf of us, stop being spiteful, and put some positivity back into the woot communiy. It's certainly ok to dislike a design, and to voice your opinion, but don't pick on people, they generally tend to dislike it.

I know many of you just got back from the pitchfork store, and others have gone up to the attic to get your torches, and I can probably understand how you feel, but I was not trying to hurt anyone's feelings. My friend Edgar can attest to that. Let's make woot a better place to spend time, you and me and Mr. Mcherly.

That rhymed.

It must be rhyme day.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

fablefire wrote:Do you have evidence that it was commentary?

You know, for someone getting unfairly axed in the Graffiti derby, I'd think you would have a little more sympathy.

Instead of "it looked like a commentary", let's switch it with "it looked too close to the original photos".

Hey, what's your issue? I'm saying it looked like it was a commentary, whether it was intentional or not. We can lay at least some of that at woot's feet with the choice of theme for the week. Nothing to do with sympathy or lack thereof here though. I said it was axed because it looked like it stemmed from forum drama, but did I say I was glad? Let's be reasonable. And my rejection, fair or unfair, has nothing to do with this.

keyser520

Re: Cool Saying

Wittle teeny foo-foo.... This is rejected for "Sorry, No Love?" What does that mean?

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad they're cracking down on gradients!!!

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

fablefire

aaa6112 wrote:nice design, fable.

IMHO, the font for PLAN B should have been just a little thicker. right now, the difference in thickness between the font sizes is a little too much for me.

good luck in the derby!

Thank you!

I think you're right. I noticed that when I got back from my doc's appointment. It was actually a 5px brush, and my own handwriting. I think 7px would probably be a good fit.