eyeslikesugar


quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
parkermc wrote:In 5th place with 48 votes and counting. No reason, whatsoever, to remove it.



Guess removal is kind of pointless now ;)

phreekonature wrote:Looks to be going over fine with 33 people... no wait.. 34. er... 35



Yep.. just fine and dandy.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

fablefire wrote:Wait, why was this rejected?



Apparently because "ouch..." Not sure what that's supposed to mean. :-/

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

burtonrider404


quality posts: 0 Private Messages burtonrider404
Re: Kwame the Quitter



oh i figure it will get rejected, i just wanted to post it

yeeter


quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
Re: Kwame the Quitter



This'll be rejected for a number of reasons, but still it's pretty funny. No vote.

VOTE!

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

burtonrider404 wrote:oh i figure it will get rejected, i just wanted to post it



Don't do that. It just clogs the page and prevents real entries from getting votes because people have to sift through stuff like this. Not to mention in a few days it'll make the page load that much slower. Please don't do that. T_T

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

yeeter


quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
derekfilley wrote:This has been resubmitted, please vote again if you like it!



Soooo not going to change the text balloon? GMV anyway.

VOTE!

derekfilley


quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
eyeslikesugar wrote:Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad they're cracking down on gradients!!!



Everyone please revote, if this shirt doesn't make it into the hotness, it's over for this little guy ;-)


Check out my blog:Here!

eyeslikesugar


quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
fablefire wrote:
The people you guys *should* be getting mad at is Woot. It's THEIR theme. It's THEIR "coincidence".



I really think the "coincidence" has to do with the presidential candidates dropping like flies. Woot seems to like to discouage drama; not create more.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

bluchez


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez

sorry, nm, no point. I hope you enjoyed it as much as the rest of us didn't.

derekfilley


quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
yeeter wrote:Soooo not going to change the text balloon? GMV anyway.



sorry my man, the red grew on me ;-)


Check out my blog:Here!

fablefire


quality posts: 21 Private Messages fablefire
superspryte wrote:Hey, what's your issue? I'm saying it looked like it was a commentary, whether it was intentional or not. We can lay at least some of that at woot's feet with the choice of theme for the week. Nothing to do with sympathy or lack thereof here though. I said it was axed because it looked like it stemmed from forum drama, but did I say I was glad? Let's be reasonable. And my rejection, fair or unfair, has nothing to do with this.



My "issue" was with this:

superspryte wrote:Mild or not, it looked like a commentary on what we saw, and was axed accordingly. I'd love to see a puffaluff version. ^_^



Accordingly means it was the right thing to do. There was no evidence, only coincidence. It's all in how it "looked". I was also upset with your entry for getting rejected for how it "looked". At the time, you voiced that you thought your rejection was unfair, so I thought I'd make an analogy.

Bottom line? Entries shouldn't be rejected for unsubstantiated reasons. I'm pretty sure that this wouldn't have been axed had the Cho club not gone on a vigilante spree. If, during the holiday derby, it was okay to crucify Santa due to freedom of speech, then this should be okay, even if it WAS a slant against derby quitters (though we have no evidence of that anyway).

Andy47240


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
AttilaTheMom wrote:fixed, i do believe.

and now, time to go. laterz.



I will accept your charitable support of my sinking ship with pride!
-Andy



aaa6112


quality posts: 0 Private Messages aaa6112
fablefire wrote:Thank you!

I think you're right. I noticed that when I got back from my doc's appointment. It was actually a 5px brush, and my own handwriting. I think 7px would probably be a good fit.



after another close look at it, i feel Plan and B should be just a little more further apart. my $0.02 : )

fablefire


quality posts: 21 Private Messages fablefire
eyeslikesugar wrote:I really think the "coincidence" has to do with the presidential candidates dropping like flies. Woot seems to like to discouage drama; not create more.



Yeah, I used to think that, but they sure have a funny way of going about it. They created quite a bit of drama last week eh? They create drama all the time with fuzzy/invisible rules and rejections.

jasontehman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasontehman

he was basically getting at how the shirt says, "your design will never be on a shirt" and that this design will apparently not be on a shirt. I'm not sure of the actual reason it was rejected though.

derekfilley


quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: Plan B



Don't listen to what the others say, I still like you fablefire ;-)


Check out my blog:Here!

binarygeek


quality posts: 0 Private Messages binarygeek

Thanks jbedwar1, fablefire, deejaywicks, dekonstruct, and burtonrider404!

And to the people who didn't like it (:-P) all i can say is: do you seriously think I don't want people to abandon a sinking ship? That's not the idea behind the shirt...

damiendone


quality posts: 0 Private Messages damiendone
Re: The Game of LIFE



Are you kidding??
There's really not much difference between giving Pac Man the (slight) attributes of a pumpkin, than giving these color blocks those of razor blades, is there? Maybe if I used the golden arches, this would be safe from legal scrutiny? Pfff.

Andy47240


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: MEH!



This may sound stupid....but what does MEH mean.



superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

fablefire wrote:Accordingly means it was the right thing to do. There was no evidence, only coincidence. It's all in how it "looked". I was also upset with your entry for getting rejected for how it "looked". At the time, you voiced that you thought your rejection was unfair, so I thought I'd make an analogy.

Bottom line? Entries shouldn't be rejected for unsubstantiated reasons. I'm pretty sure that this wouldn't have been axed had the Cho club not gone on a vigilante spree. If, during the holiday derby, it was okay to crucify Santa due to freedom of speech, then this should be okay, even if it WAS a slant against derby quitters (though we have no evidence of that anyway).


Accordingly from their point of view. It didn't matter to me whether or not it got rejected. The only reason I could say I'm glad is because now there's a chance of a puffaluff version (although disco hasn't said anything about doing one I'm hoping anyway). In the end it doesn't matter what I think, what you think, what the "Cho club," as you call it, thinks because Joel gets the final say. :-/

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Patchitect


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
Re: Quitters never finis.....



Quitters never finish anything, do they? this would have been a great shirt, but i kinda just gave up on it...

So dont you give up on it.. VOTE!

fablefire


quality posts: 21 Private Messages fablefire
damiendone wrote:Are you kidding??
There's really not much difference between giving Pac Man the (slight) attributes of a pumpkin, than giving these color blocks those of razor blades, is there? Maybe if I used the golden arches, this would be safe from legal scrutiny? Pfff.



Oh goody. Another winner of a rejection.

Yes, apparently you have to go after the big corporations in order to be safe from copyright infringements.

fablefire


quality posts: 21 Private Messages fablefire
Re: Quitters never finis.....



You colored it! Wasn't expecting that, and it rocks. =D

Discobiscuits


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
SailorButterfly wrote:<!-- -->




*giggles* tee-hees!....... nice ;)

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Andy47240 wrote:This may sound stupid....but what does MEH mean.



This will explain it better than I can even though I say/type it a lot.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Quitters never finis.....



Now that you're done with it does that mean you're back to hang out for a while?

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Patchitect wrote:Quitters never finish anything, do they? this would have been a great shirt, but i kinda just gave up on it...

So dont you give up on it.. VOTE!



Nice work! I know that you've been told about the similar style on DBH, but I think you've added your own content as well. So, hopefully this will not get rejected. You got my vote. I love it!

fablefire


quality posts: 21 Private Messages fablefire
superspryte wrote:Accordingly from their point of view. It didn't matter to me whether or not it got rejected. The only reason I could say I'm glad is because now there's a chance of a puffaluff version (although disco hasn't said anything about doing one I'm hoping anyway). In the end it doesn't matter what I think, what you think, what the "Cho club," as you call it, thinks because Joel gets the final say. :-/



It wouldn't matter in the end... except for the fact that there are tattle buttons, and very vehement people online today! They tend to bring other things to light...

...and I still don't think that "accordingly" and "woot rejections" belong in the same train of thought. XD

Today has been r.e.t.a.r.d.e.d as far as the Cho Club, the Edgar Club, and the Rejectamatron goes though. It's probably just the alignment of the stars.

tgentry


quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

aaa6112 wrote:great concept, right on the theme.
love ur drawing...its awesome!
shirt color...i don't know how brown would look on me....i might find out : P
all the best, tgentry!



Thanks! I see you have a thing for gray. Just so you're aware, browns are the new grays in 2008. Unless your British, in which case browns are the new greys in 2008.

peppersagooddog


quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
Re: Voodon't!





whew! glad it's back gmv

brizz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
Re: Quitters never finis.....



geez patch....

burtonrider404


quality posts: 0 Private Messages burtonrider404
superspryte wrote:Don't do that. It just clogs the page and prevents real entries from getting votes because people have to sift through stuff like this. Not to mention in a few days it'll make the page load that much slower. Please don't do that. T_T



meh, i'd do it again. no big deal really. if a shirt is going to get votes to win, it's not going to be because it isn't smushed between tons of rejected shirts, it's going to win because it deserves to and people will notice that regardless of placement in the shirt.woot line

Patchitect


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
brizz wrote:geez patch....



Whats your point?

derekfilley


quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
phreekonature wrote:We’ve all been there. Playing scrabble. Down to the end. Trailing behind your disputant. The only letters left are the ones in your little hand. You still have the Q! Ah yes. One last endeavor towards victory! Maybe you could build off of UTILITY? Drat! Not enough open space. Quick letter count. Double Drat! No more U’s. Time to yield this tactic my friend. Hope is a cheating paramour.




this is clever andmakes me feel smart ;-)


Check out my blog:Here!

Patchitect


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
superspryte wrote:Now that you're done with it does that mean you're back to hang out for a while?



That depends.. where ya'll hanging out?

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

fablefire wrote:It wouldn't matter in the end... except for the fact that there are tattle buttons, and very vehement people online today! They tend to bring other things to light...

...and I still don't think that "accordingly" and "woot rejections" belong in the same train of thought. XD

Today has been r.e.t.a.r.d.e.d as far as the Cho Club, the Edgar Club, and the Rejectamatron goes though. It's probably just the alignment of the stars.



I swear this isn't directed at you specifically (I promise on my life and the life of my chinchillas), but this all got me thinking of what Adder said again.

People always get up in arms when their favorites are rejected. The methods of rejection are almost as haphazard as some of the entering. And then we forget until next time. ^_^ It's sad that woot breaks our hearts so.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

brizz wrote:geez patch....



We saw this the first time he posted in the derby thread. It didn't look the same then and still doesn't now. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Patchitect wrote:That depends.. where ya'll hanging out?



I'm guessing everyone's over at myspace, but I'm just chilling over here. The myspace forums are a bit less convenient and I never much liked chat rooms.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

burtonrider404 wrote:meh, i'd do it again. no big deal really. if a shirt is going to get votes to win, it's not going to be because it isn't smushed between tons of rejected shirts, it's going to win because it deserves to and people will notice that regardless of placement in the shirt.woot line



It's a big deal when there's people like me who have to wait for their puters to load everything once there's been 400 submissions. If you're going to leave it up to get rejected, could you at least be kind and hit the red "X" once it does?

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

burtonrider404


quality posts: 0 Private Messages burtonrider404
superspryte wrote:It's a big deal when there's people like me who have to wait for their puters to load everything once there's been 400 submissions. If you're going to leave it up to get rejected, could you at least be kind and hit the red "X" once it does?



yeah that's reasonable.