broomcorn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages broomcorn
Re: Everyone quits eventually...

You can't just keep going and going and going. Everyone has to quit sometime, right...?

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

parkermc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages parkermc
Re: Voodon't!

Nice to see this back. Even on this shirt color.

discodancing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages discodancing
superspryte wrote:Accordingly from their point of view. It didn't matter to me whether or not it got rejected. The only reason I could say I'm glad is because now there's a chance of a puffaluff version (although disco hasn't said anything about doing one I'm hoping anyway). In the end it doesn't matter what I think, what you think, what the "Cho club," as you call it, thinks because Joel gets the final say. :-/

Ha, I just got back to a computer to see the madness that overflowed. Ah well, woot rejects. I can't do much about that, so these poor playgrounders will slide into darkness.

As far as a puffaluff version - there is a shirt for sale at the puffaluffs.com site similar to the cheese idea you've described. I'm kind of afraid to submit another puffaluff design here. I think people were pretty sick of just the two winning - I think I'd get a lot of wubble comments for that.

Thanks to people who voted for this. I don't think I'll have time to make another for this week - maybe next week!

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
Re: Plan B

good to see clip art is the key to getting fogged now. eesh.

Andy47240

superspryte wrote:You spelled y'all funny in your button. :-P

o.k., I had to change the Y'ALL thingy.

broomcorn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages broomcorn
Re: Everyone quits eventually...

You can't just keep going and going and going. Everyone has to quit eventually, right...?

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

parkermc wrote:Nice to see this back. Even on this shirt color.

It's the same color. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Andy47240

burtonrider404 wrote:ugly...

That's not nice!

sawbones84

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sawbones84
Re: Quiters.....Ahhhh the Satisfaction

I think I'm missing the joke

sawbones84

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sawbones84

I'm about ready to take a well-paying job in a field I have almost no interest in over what I'd really love to do for the rest of my life, so this shirt might actually be appropriate for me

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

sawbones84 wrote:I think I'm missing the joke

The misspelling ruins it for me.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

I really like this one! If it doesn't print, please let me know when it will be for sale, I want a bunch of them.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

rebeccaanne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rebeccaanne

yeah. almost good. misspelled words, though? meh.

discodancing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages discodancing
snarkygal wrote:just because you haven't posted does NOT mean you haven't been around.

You know, I honestly don't care if you believe me or not. I wasn't around.

The shirt was a commentary on people getting frustrated and threatening to leave. When I read the description of this week's topic, I thought it fit. That's it. You're welcome to believe I was secretly developing some alternative master plan. I guess I like the idea of that - makes the design so much sinister and mischievous...

stannley

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stannley
Re: Run Away!!

I had an idea for a Monty Python shirt but using a loose interpretation our friend Sir Robin instead (I have my rough ideas in the main forum). I have no clue how to do anything but the sketch on paper and scan to computer part so I wonder if it is even worth trying to figure out the whole submission thing .... BTW I obviously like the idea here (maybe they would dig it with a knight running away)

WonderWooter

quality posts: 6 Private Messages WonderWooter
Re: Quittles

love it.

Don't be sexist. Broads hate that.

parkermc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages parkermc
Re: It's a ewe.

It's not really my style, but it GMV for the expression on the ewe's face.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
skelator818 wrote:Clever concept, nice contrast on the shirt color.

Thanks for your comments, I think it works well too.

nycanuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nycanuck
brizz wrote:good to see clip art is the key to getting fogged now. eesh.

It is a t-shirt design contest - not a drawing contest. Plan B doesn't do it for me (no offense), but some of the clip art shirts turn out great.

It is all about designing a shirt that people will vote for (and hopefully buy).

Seriously - too many haters.

Edit: Also wanted to add that there are some awesome hand-drawn entries too. Great range of styles from cartoon to sketch to just plain funny.

dana11302

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dana11302
superspryte wrote:My two latin student friends say text can go in any order as long as it's conjugated properly. Not sure if that's true, but thought I'd say something. Obvsiouly you'd know, but doesn't that mean it's not necessarily incorrect, just awkward?

Totally correct on the word order comment, but it doesn't change the fact that the statement as it currently stands is completely wrong... hopefully no one ends up wearing a T-shirt that makes absolutely no sense.

phreekonature

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phreekonature
derekfilley wrote:this is clever andmakes me feel smart ;-)

Thank you - your felicitation is appreciated, Mr. Filley

sinisterpenguin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sinisterpenguin
stannley wrote:I had an idea for a Monty Python shirt but using a loose interpretation our friend Sir Robin instead (I have my rough ideas in the main forum). I have no clue how to do anything but the sketch on paper and scan to computer part so I wonder if it is even worth trying to figure out the whole submission thing .... BTW I obviously like the idea here (maybe they would dig it with a knight running away)

Monty Python is always a good choice, I think at least. The submitting of entries isn't so bad, but I would definitely take a look at the formats you need to submit in before giving it a try (to make your life easier when and if you want to submit).
I thought that the rabbit would be enough to get the whole, run away, I'm quitting this fight idea across but I guess not.. I thought about adding a knight but realized that getting it in there with the 6 color max we have on the pictures would be hard, so I just sat back and hoped the rabbit could hold up on his own.

quijibo666

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quijibo666
dana11302 wrote:Totally correct on the word order comment, but it doesn't change the fact that the statement as it currently stands is completely wrong... hopefully no one ends up wearing a T-shirt that makes absolutely no sense.

I think it should say "adepto a vita"

quijibo666

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quijibo666
snarkygal wrote:You're kidding, right?????

....no... neither was the woot staff......

If I were kidding I'd say "snarky gal has a lot of interesting and original insight into constructive criticism"

Gumiho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
Re: Voodon't!

Cute and creepy definitely has my vote.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

quijibo666 wrote:....no... neither was the woot staff......

If I were kidding I'd say "snarky gal has a lot of interesting and original insight into constructive criticism"

Be nice. There's no reason to target other users. They actually hand out probation for that.

yeeter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter

...each one quiter than the last!

- So then you're the quitest?

VOTE!

Anthony3419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthony3419

UUUUUmmmmmm........I can't spell.....Ha Ha. Maybe I should Quit the derby!

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=9586]Yeah, but there's an

As someone who played and quit many sports growing up, this is my universal anti-team jersey.

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
Re: Quitters never finis.....

Whoohoo.. hittin the hotness... been a while since i could say that

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
Re: Know When to Fold

The background design is gorgeous. Very nicely done!

Gumiho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
Re: Don't Quit...Be Clever

Very fun. I'd want one.

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
fablefire wrote:This is hilarious, and well done. It was a jab at the Edgar voting base. Please. Vote for entries based on the QUALITY. Don't vote for it because of the name. You SHOULD feel foolish if you're only voting based on the name.

Bravo sir or madame.

EDIT: Forgot to add... Kudos to you Edgar for taking this so well. Too bad people aren't taking a page from your book.

I couldn't care less what his name is... it's his work i want to vote for. Not an imitation or whatever. But his. I love the sense of humor and the style. I just want to own one of his shirts. I see nothing wrong with supporting him to try to get one. I also have supported some others as well by sporting a link in my sig for them. But i won't do it if i don't like it.

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
Re: Quit While You're Ahead

Pandering for the Retro Vote!!

jbedwar1

Re: Some puckers never quit.

News Flash...... Puckers hit the Hotness at 10:24pm (central) Friday Night

phreekonature

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phreekonature

yadude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yadude
Re: Give up now and count your losses

literal look at the expression "count your losses" the boy is counting his losses on his fingers except his losses are his fingers....make sense?

comments are appreciated

jbedwar1

yadude wrote:literal look at the expression "count your losses" the boy is counting his losses on his fingers except his losses are his fingers....make sense?

comments are appreciated

i like how the fingers just look like they kinda "broke off" hah

Anthony3419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthony3419
Re: Quitters....Correct Spelling....

Okay. Here is the new and improved version. hope you like it!