kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: El Prospector Cansado

I just bought two of your octopus shirt and I will buy at least one of these. I feel like there should be a tgentry punch card. Buy 5 shirts and get the 6th free.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

derekfilley wrote:C'est triste, cette chemise. Maintenant au vin!

Triste, dites-vous? Mais porquoi? C'est vraiment!

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Robyncn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Robyncn
fablefire wrote:The edit button can be found if you go to the derby comments thread - the big one with all of the comments for all of the derby entries. You have to sift through and find your entry, and then use the edit feature. It's in...

Woot Community ---> Member Forums ---> Derbies ---> Derby entry comments for derby #...

I am curious though, if you don't mind me asking... If you look at the design on whole, all of the contextual evidence supports the idea that Plan B refers to the alternate plan. There's nothing really feminine about the design, and nothing that would imply it's about contraceptive methods. Is it the title that leads your eyes to Plan B first, and then the rest of the design? Is it the red that makes you look at the Plan B first?

Just wondering for future reference.

It's the PlanB in red I saw first with the sad face that made me think the morning after pill. I like the rest of the design; but then again I'm one of those who does like a lot of the clip art, wings, girly stuff that's so frowned upon by some here.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
yadude wrote:that just looks depressing

Yeah, your weird broken finger hand looks like a day at Disneyland.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
bfassburg wrote:The sad thing is I'm only 95% sure that I made this shirt because of that quote. The shirt is for Office Space fans.

I knew the movie reference as soon as I saw the shirt, I think it's pretty clever. I think more people get yours than are getting my Chicken Exit shirt.

ejend

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ejend
jbedwar1 wrote:looks like a frog

Looks like a logo for a "quitter" Super Hero - Sweet!

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
AdderXYU wrote:Hey, I'm not the one that thinks "Plan B" is some new thing, as opposed to a phrase that has existed for years before even condoms. I also still consider a "chaser" to be a drink which follows another drink, or possibly one who chases. Were there a shirt which said "Straight, no chaser", I would not presume it to mean "I'm not ebullient, and don't take hangover pills". But again, clearly I'm alone on that.

I don't think "Plan B" is something new. A "chaser" is a drink to follow another, and I don't see penises, swastikas or other such things in those designs you mentioned.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Les Quitties

What color shirt is this?

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
kylemittskus wrote:I just bought two of your octopus shirt and I will buy at least one of these. I feel like there should be a tgentry punch card. Buy 5 shirts and get the 6th free.

Oh....good idea...where can I get mine?

phreekonature

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phreekonature
TaterTot wrote:I basically have this shirt from Threadless

You are basically cool. Go you.

klswoot

Robyncn wrote:It's the PlanB in red I saw first with the sad face that made me think the morning after pill. I like the rest of the design; but then again I'm one of those who does like a lot of the clip art, wings, girly stuff that's so frowned upon by some here.

Guess I'm the only naive soul here who totally missed the Plan B morning after connection. I NEVER thought of that in reference to this design. I simply saw....Plan A: Live the American Dream. Oops...failed, move on to Plan B. The sad face meaning that he/she failed at first and now has to take the next best option.

CAMMS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAMMS
Re: Won't Somebody Think Of The Children!?

This is GREAT! I've spent the last thirty minutes trying to figure out how to vote for it. DONE!

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz
Re: C M Y Quit. K

I work for a printer and it would be totally awesome to show up wearing this. Clever! Sorry I can't vote for it now.

CAMMS

Re: Quit to save the king

Awesome, in for two, at least!

quijibo666

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quijibo666
AdderXYU wrote:Fogged, eh? Wooters sure do love their questionable grammar...

What they give in love to grammar, they take in regards to bad t-shirt designs.. 9 and 23... Maybe you'd do better if one were mis-spelled or something?

CAMMS

Re: El Prospector Cansado

In for one, for sure! Voted!

quijibo666

superspryte wrote:Be nice. There's no reason to target other users. They actually hand out probation for that.

I'm a peach. I say funny little things to funny little people that have a hard time taking what they dish out. You and a good number of goons round here have a hard time keeping track of what you say to people. Smile and the world smiles back, spryte! 8-)

CAMMS

Re: True Love Never Quits

I like this a lot. I would have loved it in the rose, sage and cream! Voted!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
quijibo666 wrote:What they give in love to grammar, they take in regards to bad t-shirt designs.. 9 and 23... Maybe you'd do better if one were mis-spelled or something?

Perhaps I would, but my real world skills, such as grammar and ability to research another language in order to adequately translate into it, are far more important to me than the success of my designs.

gargrazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz
Re: RUN AWAY!!!!

Two "retreating French" designs have made the hotness. Thank you for helping to define the voting demographic. I am off to make my "Mitt can't afford to quit!" t-shirt. </sarcasm>

klswoot

CAMMS wrote:I like this a lot. I would have loved it in the rose, sage and cream! Voted!

I was tempted to keep those colors, but it really made the 'wreath of words' look like a Christmas wreath and I didn't want that effect. Thank you for your vote! Glad you were finally able to find the derby entries. Once you're off the shirt.woot main page, it can be tough to find the entries.

gargrazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz
CAMMS wrote:This is GREAT! I've spent the last thirty minutes trying to figure out how to vote for it. DONE!

Your effort has been rewarded by getting a dozen gold stars next to your name in my Book Of Awesome. I really appreciate it. The Book Of Awesome has hundreds of pages left to be filled, people! Keep voting!

(And to the two other people that voted for my other design, could you please just shift them to this one? I need to consolidate my votes. Thanks.)

:^)

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
gargrazz wrote:Two "retreating French" designs have made the hotness. Thank you for helping to define the voting demographic. I am off to make my "Mitt can't afford to quit!" t-shirt. </sarcasm>

J'ai giraffe pour le "shirt.woot." Francais c'est bien, mais America... je regrette :/

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Andy47240 wrote:What color shirt is this?

Pink. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
AttilaTheMom wrote:hahaha I don't give a dam either! Like my sig?

My sig is better

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
superspryte wrote:Pink. ^_~

L.OL - no, it's O-R-A-N-G-E

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
artulo wrote:L.OL - no, it's O-R-A-N-G-E

Looks like Peach. Let's call it Pieanchge.

hals7x

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hals7x

In the defense of the designer, I looked up Diligo in my Latin book. It does mean esteem or love. So he/she really isn't that far off base. I do think amor would be the better word to use here.

Always here to help!

quijibo666

AdderXYU wrote:Perhaps I would, but my real world skills, such as grammar and ability to research another language in order to adequately translate into it, are far more important to me than the success of my designs.

And here I was thinking the point was to win, not who had the biggest encyclopedia. They say size doesn't matter, but thats coming from people sporting the Britannica ;)

CAMMS

Re: I Just Don't Give a Dam

Thanks for the help. Voted for this cute little guy!

bfassburg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bfassburg
shan24 wrote:I knew the movie reference as soon as I saw the shirt, I think it's pretty clever. I think more people get yours than are getting my Chicken Exit shirt.

I honestly didn't know that the ride exit was called the chicken exit either. I do like your design though.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

AdderXYU

quijibo666 wrote:And here I was thinking the point was to win, not who had the biggest encyclopedia. They say size doesn't matter, but thats coming from people sporting the Britannica ;)

I don't think I'm the one holding the pissing contest. I attacked the design. You attacked me.

And the point of the derby is to win. The point of life is far more nuanced. Though seeing as how I never seem to see your name pop up unless it's ridiculing someone for disliking a RobGlenn design, I don't know if you're particularly concerned about nuances.

EyeTeeGuy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EyeTeeGuy
Re: RUN AWAY!!!!

got my vote

quijibo666

AdderXYU wrote:I don't think I'm the one holding the pissing contest. I attacked the design. You attacked me.

And the point of the derby is to win. The point of life is far more nuanced. Though seeing as how I never seem to see your name pop up unless it's ridiculing someone for disliking a RobGlenn design, I don't know if you're particularly concerned about nuances.

For one so astute and in tune with nuances, you think I'm talking about pissing contests. If the point of the contest is to win, then it is NOT who is better at [insert 'anything but winning design contests' here] in 'real life'.

I heart robglenn. I also heart haters like yourself.

Where there is someone with a snarky, uncalled for quip with nothing but rhetoric to back it up, you'll find me. I'm kind of like a super hero, if super heroes got pleasure from talking with design trolls on Saturday nights. And were very handsome. Handsome like me.

martiedawn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages martiedawn
klswoot wrote:Thanks Martie! I thought I'd add something a little brighter this week.

Prob a stupid question that is likely answered elsewhere, but how do you put those vote tags in your sig? I'd like to put one of your shirt in my sig. I REALLY want it to win.

AdderXYU

quijibo666 wrote:For one so astute and in tune with nuances, you think I'm talking about pissing contests. If the point of the contest is to win, then it is NOT who is better at [insert 'anything but winning design contests' here] in 'real life'.

I heart robglenn. I also heart haters like yourself.

Where there is someone with a snarky, uncalled for quip with nothing but rhetoric to back it up, you'll find me. I'm kind of like a super hero, if super heroes got pleasure from talking with design trolls on Saturday nights. And were very handsome. Handsome like me.

I cited a very specific reason why the design was weak at best. You have done nothing but cite reasons why you think you're better than me. Your definition of troll could use refining.

Get relevant. What is it about a nothing-special hot topic graphic with poorly translated Latin that makes it worth your defense?

klswoot

martiedawn wrote:Prob a stupid question that is likely answered elsewhere, but how do you put those vote tags in your sig? I'd like to put one of your shirt in my sig. I REALLY want it to win.

Actually, someone just asked that in the main derby thread. Here's what I told the other designer:

Log into "your account" and link to your thumbnail image for your design. (Or customize and host your own vote button.) Use the following format:

(url=http://www.phpbb.com/)(img)http://www.phpbb.com/images/phplogo.gif(/img)(/url)

(note: You'll need to change the "( )" to " [ ] " to make it work in the woot format.)

Change http://www.phpbb.com/ to your derby entry's address, and substitute http://www.phpbb.com/images/phplogo.gif for the address of your small voting picture.

Hope this helps.

Once you do this, it will take a few minutes for your changes to propagate through the system. So, don't worry if you don't see your signature change right away. Takes a few minutes. Good luck!

martiedawn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages martiedawn
Re: Uncle Elephant

I want it to win as well. I like it a LOT! And it is very well drawn to boot.

nycanuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nycanuck

I have 2 favorite designs this week...can you guess which they are?

Please vote!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

martiedawn wrote:I want it to win as well. I like it a LOT! And it is very well drawn to boot.

Ahaha, thanks! The body is livetraced, so don't think I drew it, but the elephant head is mine. I think his trunk looks funny, LOL.

It's not going to win though. It's doomed to middle-dom like all my stuff. ^_^