MamaCat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MamaCat
Re: Better on my tummy than in my tummy

Only wish I could get this before my pharmacy convention next weekend...

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
quijibo666 wrote:We can't all be award winning designers, with highly thought of blogs critiquing others, and amazing critical whit, adder-person. Some of us are just not that good.

Yeah jeez adder-person. Some people just aren't that good, and have nothing better to do than spend their Saturday nights trying to be witty with their homemade vigilante cape and digital superhero spandex. ;)

@ rob > Tough call. Email Joel? I mean, if it does win, it should have the proper spelling. The true translation is more easily recognizable too. Most people know the word "amor" means love, and many know that "mort" is a root for dead.

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog

mr_mr_mr_mister

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mr_mr_mr_mister
Re: AMERICA'S FUTURE - 2134AD

you know if you guys spent more time reading maybe you'd get it.

jesterg86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jesterg86
binarygeek wrote:it's the Wright brothers' plane... shown from 3 different angles

You could do a lot to make that clearer. Different colors, a picture of kitty hawk, something. It would have my vote, but right now it's just too obscure.

Schug Estate
Dry Creek
Vampire
Woot Cellars
Roessler

jesterg86

broomcorn wrote:*giggles*, thats pretty good, placement on shirt is kinda off tough.

Yeah, I agree. Still voted for it though. That's the first shirt that made me laugh out loud yet.

Schug Estate
Dry Creek
Vampire
Woot Cellars
Roessler

jesterg86

Re: You can lead the playa' to the game...

I vote for the layout of this shirt more than for anything else.

Schug Estate
Dry Creek
Vampire
Woot Cellars
Roessler

jesterg86

Re: $%@!

So, is $%@! on the shirt or not? If not, then no vote from me.

Schug Estate
Dry Creek
Vampire
Woot Cellars
Roessler

jesterg86

Re: There are stopped jobs. (Can't quit)

?

Schug Estate
Dry Creek
Vampire
Woot Cellars
Roessler

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
mr_mr_mr_mister wrote:you know if you guys spent more time reading maybe you'd get it.

we would like to. hints? or are you trying to be obscure?

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
Re: RUN AWAY!!!!

you know, it would have been ever better if you'd had the flag colors dripping down behind the text....

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
Re: Never quit. (Even when everyone else has.)

yeah, the wing struts don't look right to me, and the sillouette is hard to see.
(I live near dayton so I've seen it lots)

but what the heck. GMV.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

snarkygal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
mr_mr_mr_mister wrote:you know if you guys spent more time reading maybe you'd get it.

reading what? the Bible? It really doesn't matter because this will be REJECTED. You used Obama's face and that will get you REJECTED.

This who entry makes NO SENSE AT ALL !

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce

fablefire

tgentry wrote:Ugh, I haven't seen my entry in the hotness all day. How am I still in the fog?

It's that derby buddy tether!

Amoxaphobic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Amoxaphobic
snarkygal wrote:reading what? the Bible? It really doesn't matter because this will be REJECTED. You used Obama's face and that will get you REJECTED.

This who entry makes NO SENSE AT ALL !

Yeah, using a celebrity is kind of in the rules as a no no.
I think what he is trying to say (for all those that really don't get it) - is that we, as Americans, are in for a crucification if we elect Obama... Which would also be an opinionated bash and should be a no no as well (hence the whole no celebrity rule).
Please correct me if I am wrong Mr_Mr.

fablefire

Re: Check, please

I still like your hippo shark.

Amoxaphobic

Re: Snomando Adventures

This is hilarious

donr0217

quality posts: 1 Private Messages donr0217

May be too late to matter, but listening to the marketplace. Changed the placement to the center and lost the drop shadow. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for your support.

donr0217

quality posts: 1 Private Messages donr0217

Clearly far from the fog, but glad those of you who saw the hidden message / subtleties enjoyed the design. It was fun to make. Thanks for your support.

Amoxaphobic

fablefire wrote:Slogan idea provided by user xhall.
Design and execution by user fablefire.

Go team! =D

I am so buying this if it wins! This shirt rocks!

Amoxaphobic

Oh this is great!

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
AttilaTheMom wrote:you know, it would have been ever better if you'd had the flag colors dripping down behind the text....

i thought of french soldiers running away, but couldn't make it work...your idea is of course far simpler, but oh well, i like it as is. sharp, straightforward, and gets the point across

you might be interested to know the font is "army" *giggles* tee-hees!

Amoxaphobic

I like this shirt, and I like the colors... actually, I like everything about it. But forgive me for being rather noobish... what does KTHNXBAI mean? Or is it just supposed to show aggravation?

dana11302

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dana11302
hals7x wrote:In the defense of the designer, I looked up Diligo in my Latin book. It does mean esteem or love. So he/she really isn't that far off base. I do think amor would be the better word to use here.

Always here to help!

Although Diligo does mean "to esteem" it is a verb...verbs don't take adjectives....just thought I'd throw that out there.

dana11302

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dana11302
RobGlenn wrote:I don't think I'll stay in the fog, a lot of great designs are gaining on my, but I'm going to fix the text (Amor est mortus) and send an updated art file to woot. I don't know if they'll accept it, but it's worth a try. Thanks Dana, and all the others who helped with the Latin. Who new woot had such a scholarly audience.

I really want you to win. Hang in there an hopefully woot will see that everyone wants you to win and will substitute Amor est Mortuus in place of the current.

kirandesai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kirandesai
sigaru wrote:interesting, but i think you should have the design placed on a shirt. they might try to get you rejected for that...

i do sorta like the design, though.

thanks. i did not know that. i read and re-read FAQ's and all the submitting info i could. if i take it offline and then resubmit, will the votes i've gathered still stay?

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
derekfilley wrote:It was kind of funny the first time... This meme's getting pretty old

nice fontwork though ;-)

i can't believe this is ahead of some of these other shirts.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
klswoot wrote:I don't see any rejected entries for being the opposite of quitting. I see ones that are off-theme and don't have any relation to quitting. Or where the quitting reference isn't clearly visible on the shirt.

I recall during the consumerism derby nearly all the entries were anti-consumerism. In the dreams derby, many people submitted shirts related to nightmares. They were just as valid and were on topic. We can't all be pessimists. Someone's gotta show a little love.

hmm. I don't know if I buy it. The theme is about 'quitters'. not the act of quitting. Of course true love never quits- it wouldn't be 'true' if it quit. I can't see the relation to quitters, myself.

Arguendo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Arguendo

"Ok, thanks, bye." used to end a conversation. at least, that's what the urban dictionary told me.

I find this highly inspired.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: AMERICA'S FUTURE - 2134AD

No, no, clearly since obama is black and his father was muslim, we would be destroying christianity, since Islam is not at all similar to christianity, and Jesus hates black people (Proverbs 12:1).

It is important to realize that Obama will be the cause of this over a century after his term is over, and we must cut him off at the pass, because America was founded on Christianity, and Christianity alone, not religious freedom.

On the plus side, it means the country will be ready for those heathen Chinese when they take over a decade later.

AdderXYU

fablefire wrote:Yeah jeez adder-person. Some people just aren't that good, and have nothing better to do than spend their Saturday nights trying to be witty with their homemade vigilante cape and digital superhero spandex. ;)

@ rob > Tough call. Email Joel? I mean, if it does win, it should have the proper spelling. The true translation is more easily recognizable too. Most people know the word "amor" means love, and many know that "mort" is a root for dead.

Whatever, contraceptive peddler. ;)

And I'm in agreement with Fable, Rob... definitely talk to Woot, see if you can change it up. I don't back down from feeling it's way too hot topic, but what really kills it, to me, is the Latin... Amor Mortuus Est would actually probably be the best wording, but Est Mortuus should be fine as well.

Not that I'm entirely sure what Love being Dead has to do with quitting.

sumerland3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sumerland3
heartluce wrote::D

An anti-meme shirt with no pirate on it? Interesting. I do agree that the memeing should end.

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: Snomando Adventures

Ha ha ha ha this compliments my sick sense of humor perfectly

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
AdderXYU wrote:No, no, clearly since obama is black and his father was muslim, we would be destroying christianity, since Islam is not at all similar to christianity, and Jesus hates black people (Proverbs 12:1).

It is important to realize that Obama will be the cause of this over a century after his term is over, and we must cut him off at the pass, because America was founded on Christianity, and Christianity alone, not religious freedom.

On the plus side, it means the country will be ready for those heathen Chinese when they take over a decade later.

I had a totally different impression, but Mr..Mr..Mr.. will have to come back to say which one of us is correct. I thought it meant that in 2134, Sen. Obama would be recognized as following in Jesus's footsteps.

As for Proverbs 12:1, I think you made that stuff up. Chapter 12 has no reference to skin color. If it did, it was written before Jesus was supposed to be around.

AdderXYU

Re: Quittles

This is an incredibly intelligent and well-executed design.

AdderXYU

Re: Quit Cold Turkey

I think this would have been worlds better and more relateable without the text. I think "cold turkey" is related to quitting enough that it could hold its own with just a title.

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
Re: MEH! (resub)

OK!
Final resub for the MEH! shirt. The other version just looked too dark.
So . . . . if you likey, then vote. If you no likey . . .then MEH! :P

jalilly27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jalilly27
mjc613 wrote:I had a totally different impression, but Mr..Mr..Mr.. will have to come back to say which one of us is correct. I thought it meant that in 2134, Sen. Obama would be recognized as following in Jesus's footsteps.

As for Proverbs 12:1, I think you made that stuff up. Chapter 12 has no reference to skin color. If it did, it was written before Jesus was supposed to be around.

I agree with you. I think it means that Jesus is America's Messiah.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
sumerland3 wrote:An anti-meme shirt with no pirate on it? Interesting. I do agree that the memeing should end.

They just barely made the cut