kalkail

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kalkail

I know that quit button all too well. If we really could quit it probably wouldn't be so funny.

silen7scope

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silen7scope
whenxxmetxy wrote:I love the idea but not the placement.

Dalamara

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dalamara
Gumiho wrote:Very fun. I'd want one.

I think the phrase would be a lot catchier if it said...

"Quitter" "Winner"

Non-quitter is just too long.

silen7scope

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silen7scope
donr0217 wrote:May be too late to matter, but listening to the marketplace. Changed the placement to the center and lost the drop shadow. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for your support.

Thanks! Looks great!

'I'd want one' :D

bfassburg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bfassburg
Re: The Last Straw

To woot powers that be:
Though the office space guys didn't actually quit their jobs, the frustration over stupid office crap is enough to send someone over the edge - thus the last straw. For the record I think your judgment about what fits the contest is awful considering sheep getting stuck on a fence is a subject that actually got made into a shirt. What does sleepless nights have to do with dreams other than the fact that you don't dream when you don't sleep? It's not like I was going to win, but crap you are lame!

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

jaleebcaru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaleebcaru
Re: Failed Journey

That's funny on so many levels

miraculous

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miraculous
Re: Quitting

Maybe better as 0%/0%?

Miraculous

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
klswoot wrote:Joel-
Someone created a username nearly identical to edgarrmcherly but added an extra 'e'. Then, he/she submitted a design that is very similar in style to Edgar's style to draw on the fan base that Edgar has created. Some people immediately saw the design and added a 'vote for Edgar' button to their signature and the design gained support even though it wasn't a true "Edgar" entry. Once Edgar commented on the design, votes were removed.

I thought it was a clever ploy by another artist to make the public realize that they should vote on content and not just a name. But, the only thing that bothers me about allowing the design to stay is that design is clearly sub-par when compared to Edgar's real entries. This may have the effect of casting a shadow on his actual entry. For that reason, I don't like the idea of allowing someone to submit a design that so clearly copies the username and identical style. I say this out of respect for the 'real' Edgar and the 'real' designs.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Again i'd like to restate that i don't vote just because of a name. I vote if i like the shirt. I did somewhat like the imitation piece...so i voted for it ..and was going to support. What i didnt like was that it WAS a fake.. and clearly trying to imitate. once i found that out... i removed my vote for the deception. I believe this is the case for many of the others that removed their vote. Not just cause it wasnt really edgar that submitted it. Because we were lied to so to speak.
Getting sick of the comments about people voting only cause it was by a certain person. I for one didn't vote for Edgar's true entry for this derby and didn't put it in my sig cause i don't like it. That's what i do every derby.

goldnndrkness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldnndrkness
Re: True Love Never Quits

i love it! gmv

Have these shirts in WS and are willing to sell? PM please!

Cassette Taps
Best thing since
Alice Paining Caterpillar

broomcorn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages broomcorn

copyright?? What about the "Now that's just overpriced" shirt?! That thing has the exact Starbucks logo on it. Come one woot, thats some BS!

soulfood1966

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soulfood1966

come on...there was no blood...they were even drawn in a cute dead manner

You guys need to re-think the rejection...

Re: quitting magician

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
broomcorn wrote:copyright?? What about the "Now that's just overpriced" shirt?! That thing has the exact Starbucks logo on it. Come one woot, thats some BS!

Agreed. Two out of three consumerism entries were just as questionable with the logos. If not more

triblinator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages triblinator
Re: I CAN'T QUIT WITHOUT U - RESUB

Just logged in so that I could vote for this. Probably the first shirt I've seen on woot in a month that I'd want to buy. Hope you win!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
soulfood1966 wrote:come on...there was no blood...they were even drawn in a cute dead manner

You guys need to re-think the rejection...

I know. I liked this one too. I didn't think the cats looked realistic and I like the fact that there was no blood. They could easily pass off as stuffed animals. I don't know if woot reinstates entries, however.

mr_mr_mr_mister

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mr_mr_mr_mister
Re: AMERICA'S FUTURE - 2134AD - (RESUB)

I got rejected last time.... not really sure why though.... but I think this one is better!!!

HAPPY SUPER BOWL!!!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
brizz wrote:how can he work with those deformed hands anyway?!??!?!?

Well, they're cartoon hands, so a bit simplified I'm afraid

phreekonature

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phreekonature
Re: Geeky quitter

Missed this one when it went up. Nice! I can't ever seem to get those posting codes right myself

img=arggh!!!!!!!/img]???????

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
tgentry wrote:Ugh, I haven't seen my entry in the hotness all day. How am I still in the fog?

Your ass better stay in the fog too and then be the first shirt to appear with that ugly trophy and a one in it. I want this shirt!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
goldnndrkness wrote:i love it! gmv

I appreciate it! Thank you kindly!

Gumiho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
mr_mr_mr_mister wrote:I got rejected last time.... not really sure why though.... but I think this one is better!!!

HAPPY SUPER BOWL!!!

You're cruising for a b&hammer.

phreekonature

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phreekonature
Re: Take This Job

The foreman is a regular low-down dog
The line boss is a fool
Got himself a brand new flattop haircut
Lord, he really thinks that's cool
One of these days, I'm gonna blow my top
And that sucker's going to pay
Lord, I can't wait to see their faces
When I get the nerve to say...

jbedwar1

jbedwar1 wrote:Again i'd like to restate that i don't vote just because of a name. I vote if i like the shirt. I did somewhat like the imitation piece...so i voted for it ..and was going to support. What i didnt like was that it WAS a fake.. and clearly trying to imitate. once i found that out... i removed my vote for the deception. I believe this is the case for many of the others that removed their vote. Not just cause it wasnt really edgar that submitted it. Because we were lied to so to speak.
Getting sick of the comments about people voting only cause it was by a certain person. I for one didn't vote for Edgar's true entry for this derby and didn't put it in my sig cause i don't like it. That's what i do every derby.

By the way ... that was not directly to KLS ... i just hit reply on the last post given.

RagsLax4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RagsLax4
Re: Know When to Fold

back in the fog and making a pretty nice run at votes!

SicariiGS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SicariiGS
Re: Hang In There Baby

Rejected because: Nice style, but there are plenty of Hang In There shirts

Well this vacuums, I honestly didn't even think to check if there were other shirts with a hang in there baby design. Still there aren't that many considering my design is the 4th result on google....oh well.

jbedwar1

mr_mr_mr_mister wrote:I got rejected last time.... not really sure why though.... but I think this one is better!!!

HAPPY SUPER BOWL!!!

you obviously didn't read the rules. How can you read the description of the derby and not see that it clearly states no Celebrity likenesses?

Sorry .. but it will be rejected Again.. and i don't think they will be too happy about it either.

lilacjive

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilacjive

Sweet! Now I can vote for it.

ElectricFever

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ElectricFever

Thats what I thought as well. The pill thing never even came into my mind.

AdderXYU

you realize both these people will likely be dead by 2034, let alone a century later, right?

Not that I see the theme, get the message, or believe you bothered looking at the rules in the first place

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
brizz wrote:i thought of french soldiers running away, but couldn't make it work...your idea is of course far simpler, but oh well, i like it as is. sharp, straightforward, and gets the point across

you might be interested to know the font is "army" *giggles* tee-hees!

comic sans would have made it more original...i.e....unrejected.

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
fablefire wrote:So... thanks for the support and critiques! To elaborate a bit...

Yes, I did use clip art and text. I said I would (...and you all thought I was kidding!). It just works into the theme this week. Here's my rationale:

The theme is about quitting, and my shirt is about moving on to Plan B. My personal Plan A of submitting quality artwork entries wasn't working, so I quit and went on to Plan B. Since I was losing to clipart and text, I figured, "if you can't beat them, join them - and then beat them at their own game." ;) The concept is also mocking the typical, rockstar-esque dream, so I wanted to use the typical rockstar-esque design. Hand drawn art looked too freelance-ish, so I went for cookie cutter art. It was much faster AND I got to work on other artwork.

All in all... I was just going with the theme. ;)

...and I had no idea there was a contraceptive called Plan B. Although, even if I did, I would have done this anyway. To me, and many people on most occasions, Plan B usually means the alternate plan. I can see how recent events would make people think of the contraceptive though. Just a fun, twisted aspect of the design I guess. =D

so in other words, instead of trying to improve and hone your skills and create more original and satisfying work, you say eff it and fall back on tropes of unoriginality in pandering to the masses for the sake of a buck. great. The future of the derbies is not a bright one if this is the attitude here.

I agree the contraceptive pill stuff is sillly, but come on fable....just because walmart has cheaper prices doesn't mean you have to shop there and contribute to the evil empire.

rook543

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rook543
Re: program to quite

Woohoo! Screw C++ and Pascal and Fortran....

Bring back line-numbered BASIC!!!!

GMV!

rook543

Re: Quit to save the king

I do like the design, but I just don't care for the cranberry shirt...

rook543

Re: Resolution

I think the black spots and 'drip' effects make it hard to get at first glance. I do very much like the bold graphic style though...

My only other issue is weather I would wear a shirt with a stubbed-out cigarette on it. Course I'm a non-smoker so I'm biased there...

Very nicely drawn though...

AdderXYU

brizz wrote:so in other words, instead of trying to improve and hone your skills and create more original and satisfying work, you say eff it and fall back on tropes of unoriginality in pandering to the masses for the sake of a buck. great. The future of the derbies is not a bright one if this is the attitude here.

I agree the contraceptive pill stuff is sillly, but come on fable....just because walmart has cheaper prices doesn't mean you have to shop there and contribute to the evil takeover.

FWIW, she's pretty effectively proving a point, and I'd rather see this in a derby about quitting than any other one. Granted, as I said elsewhere, I'm kinda hating how many designs this week are doing just this, but on the plus, I don't think we'll be seeing a new, cliparty Fable from now on. Or I hope not. That would make me cry.

Maybe, though, if we can get some clip-art nonsense to win three derbies in a row, woot will ban all unoriginal art wholesale?

rook543

Wittle teeny foo-foo? Thats it! Surely they won't reject this shirtagain if it has BOTH Obama AND Shrillary...Fight the power Mrmrmrmr!

yigzat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yigzat
Re: Quit the rat race- enjoy yourself!

I wonder if this would be slightly better with just the toasting rat...

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
rook543 wrote:NOnono! Mrmrmr is trying to say that if America rejects christianity, a GIANT DISEMBODIED OBAMA HEAD will float in the air over America HAUNTING US FOREVER.

So we shout quit!

See? It's EASY to understand.... Time to up the Lithium Mrmrm!

I think I love you.

rook543

Re: Never quit (even when everyone else has). (resub)

Just asuggestion...it's not clear what the drawings are of, immediately...

But a nice use of the theme. I am an aviation nut and like this solution very much. Just think you need to clean up the line drawing a bit so it is more evident what they are of...

TonyaP

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TonyaP
broomcorn wrote:copyright?? What about the "Now that's just overpriced" shirt?! That thing has the exact Starbucks logo on it. Come one woot, thats some BS!

There is a bunch of legalese regarding use of copyrighted logos, the upshot of which is that parody is free speech. The overpriced shirt was clearly parody, but using a recognizable logo for some purpose other than parody is just copyright infrigement.

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
AdderXYU wrote:FWIW, she's pretty effectively proving a point, and I'd rather see this in a derby about quitting than any other one. Granted, as I said elsewhere, I'm kinda hating how many designs this week are doing just this, but on the plus, I don't think we'll be seeing a new, cliparty Fable from now on. Or I hope not. That would make me cry.

Maybe, though, if we can get some clip-art nonsense to win three derbies in a row, woot will ban all unoriginal art wholesale?

do you really belive that Adder? As long as shirts sell, do they really care?