gargrazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz
lukekim91 wrote:i think the "save-don't save box" is enough, the checkers in the background sort of ruin it as shirt worthy for me.

Interesting. I thought about making the checkers just barely different in color from the shirt BG. In the end, I figured what's the point? I'm doing checkers or I'm not. :^)

deadslug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deadslug
Re: Your train has been delayed . . .

That thing must be on the Union Pacific. ;)

deadslug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deadslug
Re: Don't Quit...Be Clever

That's untying the Gordian Knot, alright. ;)

BrianASmith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrianASmith
Re: Quittles

WANT! I'm so loving this.

lintbox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lintbox

can't wait to buy this shirt..

NoSkaOnTheRadio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NoSkaOnTheRadio
Re: Uncle Elephant

Fly design. Hope it places.

NoSkaOnTheRadio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NoSkaOnTheRadio
Re: El Prospector Cansado

Looks like I'll be trying to scrounge up $10 for this one... it's my favorite shirt since "It Could Have Been A Giant"

kirkuscoopus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kirkuscoopus

Well, I like the design and colors more than any other submission so far. I'm not sure if the wording is correct, but I do still like it. Unfortunately it looks as though it may not matter anyway...

CartoonPanda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CartoonPanda
Re: He Quits Sometimes

Awesome! I love this design!

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
RobGlenn wrote:It's not Hold 'Em, It's draw... you're already holding 5 cards... and they're bad. It's a fold to any bet.

Not necessarily. Could be a hi/lo split. In that case 87 is not a horrendous hand. Best (or is it worst?) low hand would be 75.

In the right situations, this IS a betting hand!

Hope it does well, for the F-I-L and poker nights.

popctrl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages popctrl

This is a nice shirt, good theory, but I think it needs something else...Don't know what.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Keep Reaching!

thanks so much everyone for your votes and comments! I'm glad everyone likes it - and yes it may be a bit of a stretch for this particular theme. But, we'll see what gets the ax later today I guess!

Jaggaemusiq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jaggaemusiq
Re: Alt F4 Redux

*giggles* tee-hees! awesome!

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
SicariiGS wrote: The fact that this shirt, which does a poor job of imitating his style, was able to garner so many people to vote for it simply because of the name is saddening.

It's blind comments like these that make me sick.

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
Re: Command Q

Will this work with a mac?

kixxster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kixxster
nesler wrote:Why vote for a shirt you have no intention of buying? Vote for a shirt that you WILL buy. Otherwise, you're just mucking up the system...

I hope the artist will correct the Latin so I CAN buy it

kixxster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kixxster
kixxster wrote:I hope the artist will correct the Latin so I CAN buy it

And then I read the rest of the comments. Hope it wins!

sxty8goats

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sxty8goats
Re: KTHNXBAI!!!1

I wubble this shirt. Quiting is one thing but the idea that the earth has gotten so bad that it is time to hit the close button is so pessimistic that it almost makes me angry. Even Vonnegut jr. had a more positive outlook than "just giving up". Looks like I'm one of the few dissenters though. Oh Well.

Chimiracle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chimiracle
Re: It's a ewe.

This is a hilarious design! You had me at the wag of the ewe's tail...

jbedwar1

sxty8goats wrote:I wubble this shirt. Quiting is one thing but the idea that the earth has gotten so bad that it is time to hit the close button is so pessimistic that it almost makes me angry. Even Vonnegut jr. had a more positive outlook than "just giving up". Looks like I'm one of the few dissenters though. Oh Well.

I'm with you 68goats. I still do not see the desire to wear this shirt.
But apparently a lot of people do. So congrats to dekon (who's shirts i normally like)

wooterer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooterer
Patchitect wrote:Will this work with a mac?

Yes

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
fablefire wrote:If Plan A is to be a rock star and your girlfriend gets pregnant, you quit Plan A and go to Plan B, and get a real job. That was even built into the theme description: "No-hope, go-nowhere rock bands roar about how they're in it for life, when what they mean is, they're in it until they get their girlfriends pregnant and have to get real jobs." Perseverance is pursuing a goal no matter what the hardship. That would be getting the girlfriend pregnant, but still trying to go for the rock star Plan A dream anyway. Quitting isn't always negative. Sometimes, the smart thing to do is to quit Plan A. It's not necessarily the fun thing to do though.

Okay, just because I couldn't resist ...

if your girlfriend got pregnant, you didn't use "Plan B" and that's why you're living Plan B instead of your dream ...

kevinalanrasco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevinalanrasco
Re: Just a Flesh Wound

*giggles*! The Black Knight always triumphs!

cejeff05

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cejeff05

There are only 6 letters though. Scrabble needs 7! I liked the first one better...

keyser520

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keyser520
keyser520 wrote:Ok, I ALMOST understood the rejection LAST week.. when my hippo design was killed for being "too similar" to the previous one... almost..

But this... How in the freakin' world could this be rejected? The topic is QUITTING... I'm having sharks attempt to QUIT attacking surfboarders. The graphic is a guide to distinguish between them. How is this possible "OFF TOPIC" ???

seriously... WHY Joel? Why?

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: C M Y Quit? K

Didn't this get rejected already?

Aparagon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aparagon
artulo wrote:Didn't this get rejected already?

It was rejected for reasons unknown to me; many people made comments on the design, and I figured it was worth a resubmission. How could it have been off topic?

jbedwar1

Aparagon wrote:It was rejected for reasons unknown to me; many people made comments on the design, and I figured it was worth a resubmission. How could it have been off topic?

So you resubmit it without any changes or any kind of added explanation to validate your entry to woot since it was already rejected once by them???
Hmmm... seems logical.

keyser520

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keyser520
Re: IЙ SФVIЭT ЯЦSSIД JФB QЦIT УФЦ!

just to be picky.... but there is no "S" in Cyrillic, though I think all your other characters are actually in the Cryillic alphabet. The Cyrillic character "C" is pronounced like the English "S". Of course, they'd be pronounced quite differently.

To those that are interested, I think it would be something more along the lines of.... в советской России, работа прекратила вас

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: Know When to Fold

I like this, I think it's probably the first time I've liked the swirly background decorations on a shirt too. It seems to fit the concept and really push the style. This is your first entry? Amazing.

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: KTHNXBAI!!!1

Looks like I seem to have hit a chord with the people, and this was more of an experiment for me. Don't worry, I'm not done making obscenely cute and slightly twisted t-shirts.

PS- I love Vonnegut, and it depends on which point in his life you're refer to when mentioning he has a more positive outlook than this t-shirt. The last book he wrote was chock full of pessimism and disdain.

What would pushing the "quit" button on earth do anyway? Would it shake up and down like an etch-a-sketch?

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: No sinking me now!

What's up with it being backwards?

Anywho...just wanted to warn you photos aren't allowed, so it's probably going to get rejected...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: Don't Quit

This shirt isn't getting enough love.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

ruesifus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ruesifus
leahwaz73 wrote:This is a cool idea, but I'm not sure I would want hairy hands on me.

Usualy you have to play double for that type of action.

RagsLax4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RagsLax4
Re: Dude, it's your turn to evolve

*giggles* tee-hees! very funny, gmv

yugidean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yugidean
Chimiracle wrote:This is a hilarious design! You had me at the wag of the ewe's tail...

hehehe thanx!!!!!

Beano before, and there'll be no gas!

TheGrimReaver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheGrimReaver
Re: No sinking me now!

I also don't get the backwards text.

Also, not only is it a photo, it has half-tones and gradiants.
This is sure to be rejected.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
dekonstruct wrote:Looks like I seem to have hit a chord with the people, and this was more of an experiment for me. Don't worry, I'm not done making obscenely cute and slightly twisted t-shirts.

PS- I love Vonnegut, and it depends on which point in his life you're refer to when mentioning he has a more positive outlook than this t-shirt. The last book he wrote was chock full of pessimism and disdain.

What would pushing the "quit" button on earth do anyway? Would it shake up and down like an etch-a-sketch?

I think Vonnegut definitely straddles the line. There are times he's ever hopeful, and there are times that that hope is based on a rather large calamity occurring to get rid of a large chunk of particularly dumb humans. Such as us evolving into penguin creatures with smaller brains.

phreekonature

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phreekonature
cejeff05 wrote:There are only 6 letters though. Scrabble needs 7! I liked the first one better...

He can't win without the "U"! No more "U's", saldy, in our word champion's bag. Infact, no more letters at all!

I liked the other also. Woot thought it was too similar to another design that is out there already.