Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: No sinking me now!

gosh, Heather, this is such a departure from your previous entries. If you go to http://vectormagic.stanford.edu you can have them make your design into a vector, and make it six colors or shades of grey, by selecting a medium logo as your type of upload (even though it is a photo), they will give you the option of how many shades you want to use in the trace.

i don't understand your design at all, but you could certainly make it not-rejectable for obvious issues like the photo this way. good luck!

surflunesta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages surflunesta
Re: KTHNXBAI!!!1

I like this....I like this alot....nice job Dekon

kixxster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kixxster
Re: C M Y Quit? K

I think it's clever, though I don't like it on the brown shirt. I am sort of wondering how its related to the derby though...

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: When the game quits you

ha!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

keyser520

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keyser520
Re: I'll be in the woods

When you just can't take it anymore..... there's always the woods.

awakenedstream

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awakenedstream
Re: I Just Don't Give a Dam

that is one frustrated beaver . . . . might need some lovin

awakenedstream

Re: Just a Flesh Wound

thanks guys this is the most votes i have ever gotten in a derby. im very excited.

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
Josephus wrote:gosh, Heather, this is such a departure from your previous entries. If you go to http://vectormagic.stanford.edu you can have them make your design into a vector, and make it six colors or shades of grey, by selecting a medium logo as your type of upload (even though it is a photo), they will give you the option of how many shades you want to use in the trace.

i don't understand your design at all, but you could certainly make it not-rejectable for obvious issues like the photo this way. good luck!

I miss the hand drawn stuff

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
jbedwar1 wrote:I miss the hand drawn stuff

If she gets a win, she can afford more crayons.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
awakenedstream wrote:that is one frustrated beaver . . . . might need some lovin

Totally!! Yah gotta love the beaver... he's just too dam cute.

joelterrific

quality posts: 21 Private Messages joelterrific

Staff

Re: Check, please

I erroneously rejected this thinking the thumbnail also had a gradient. Ironically, this was brought to my attention by Josephus in the past. Proof that if you complain to me, I will turn your valid argument against you.

I kid...or do I?

Reinstating the design is not a viable option as it requires our developer to work their crazy voodoo magic. If I could, I would give 10 votes to Josephus' resubmission.

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
AdderXYU wrote:I think Vonnegut definitely straddles the line. There are times he's ever hopeful, and there are times that that hope is based on a rather large calamity occurring to get rid of a large chunk of particularly dumb humans. Such as us evolving into penguin creatures with smaller brains.

Galapagos, one of the best books ever! "Vonnegut straddles", now there's a perfect word combination.

seedless1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seedless1

seedless1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seedless1
Re: Me=Quit

vote it up!!

riddley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riddley
jpolakowski wrote:I don't understand the quit part, can someone explain?

Note its the white knight surrendering to the black QUEEN - we don't see either king but assume the white king is in immenent peril of checkmate.

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
jbedwar1 wrote:I miss the hand drawn stuff

Hey - dont fault her for trying new styles!

But hand drawn is nearly always better

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
lukekim91 wrote:first thing i thought when i saw this shirt: oh man, he tried copying that sick dbh shirt.

And then what did you think?

I should spend more time hanging out on threadless and DBH.. so at least when i'm accused of copying, it can be true :P

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

NoSkaOnTheRadio wrote:Fly design. Hope it places.

Thanks! ^_^ I don't think it's going to though. T_T;

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Quit Memeing

Love. But it looks like you took the pirate from weebl & bob. Maybe. I'm not going to tattle. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: I quit killing dragons

<3

rook543

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rook543
Re: Better than a 2 week notice

I would totally buy this shirt! GMV

klawrence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages klawrence
superspryte wrote:I like this. But do I see gradients? That would make me sad.

Thanks!
No gradients, just a couple different colors of pink in color blocks.

klawrence

brizz wrote:What's even nicer is i submitted the one he ripped off on Friday!

Sorry if it looks similar. I didn't even see yours.

klawrence

brennanwc wrote:nicee

Thanks.

phreekonature

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phreekonature
Re: Just a Flesh Wound

...I'll bite your ankles off!....

SicariiGS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SicariiGS
jbedwar1 wrote:It's blind comments like these that make me sick.

jbedwar1 wrote: I just want to own one of his shirts. I see nothing wrong with supporting him to try to get one.

They that follow the blinding light believe they can see.

Any hoo, Edgar got a daily shirt, so congrats Edgar, and thanks for being such a good sport.

rook543

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rook543
Re: Depressed Robot

Remiunds me of Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy (Marvin - The Paranoid Android)

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Even though there's a tent, this reminds me of Walden. GMV for that. ^_^

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

brizz wrote:What's even nicer is i submitted the one he ripped off on Friday!

Sir, you are far too concerned about people "ripping off" your designs. Please stop. Just because someone has the same idea doesn't mean it's intentional. Take my Tank Man, for instance. I didn't even see the other one although it was quite an early entry. I was so focused on my own that I didn't see it. These things happen.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

klawrence wrote:Thanks!
No gradients, just a couple different colors of pink in color blocks.

Okay. I voted for it back then anyway. ^_~

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

joelterrific wrote:I erroneously rejected this thinking the thumbnail also had a gradient. Ironically, this was brought to my attention by Josephus in the past. Proof that if you complain to me, I will turn your valid argument against you.

I kid...or do I?

Reinstating the design is not a viable option as it requires our developer to work their crazy voodoo magic. If I could, I would give 10 votes to Josephus' resubmission.

...Does this mean your developer is really busy right now?

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
superspryte wrote:Love. But it looks like you took the pirate from weebl & bob. Maybe. I'm not going to tattle. ^_^

Pirate?? what pirate? there's no pirate.

Edit: Oh, I see...I just found the Weebl & Bob site on google search. I've never heard of it before. I'm really surprised at how close this "ninja pirate" as they call it looks to my ninja. Honestly I was looking off another ninja pic I saw online, for the style of the black robe, but I changed his head. Now it turns out his head looks more like Weebl & Bob's ninja pirate head! sheesh you can't win. The only good thing is people were saying "where's your pirate, there should be a pirate" so maybe the pirate is just understood, or implied along with the ninja. heh

Josephus

Re: Please- I've had enough.

Well, Joel rejected the first version of this design, in error. He emailed me about it, and posted a comment confessing the mistake in the comments forum-

joelterrific wrote:I erroneously rejected this thinking the thumbnail also had a gradient. Ironically, this was brought to my attention by Josephus in the past. Proof that if you complain to me, I will turn your valid argument against you.

I kid...or do I?

Anyway, I really like the slug, so I decided to resubmit even though it is quite late. If you like it, please consider voting for MissLauraB's dragon killer design too- there's a link in my signature. Thanks!

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
Josephus wrote:Well, Joel rejected the first version of this design, in error. He emailed me about it, and posted a comment confessing the mistake in the comments forum- I will link to that when I get it together enough to do so. Anyway, I really like the slug, so I decided to resubmit even though it is quite late. If you like it, please consider voting for MissLauraB's dragon killer design too- there's a link in my signature. Thanks!

What are the two dots or marks or whatever above the slug on the left? I see them on the shirt, but don't see them in the large design so i wasnt sure.

Josephus

jbedwar1 wrote:What are the two dots or marks or whatever above the slug on the left? I see them on the shirt, but don't see them in the large design so i wasnt sure.

Oops! Those are an artist's error- I had all of my colors in big circles to make sure I only had the six allowed, and somehow those two got transferred to the shirt drawing. Just an accident, the colors of the wine bottles and/or the slime trail. Hopefully, Joel will let me not include them on the shirt; I'm hopeful he'll appreciate that sometimes people make small, incidental errors that won't really affect anything much. :^D

awakenedstream

Re: El Prospector Cansado

great idea, i dig it

BrIanPir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrIanPir
geekfactor12 wrote:For me, they're too similar. Both rely on the same arrangement of letters. Both sets of letters are in the same style. Both contain illustrations that support the main phrase.

Given that there are 1000 different ways to do a text shirt, the similarities are too much for me. Woot might be cool with it, but I wouldn't vote for it. (No offense, I'm not contesting that there's still a lot of time and creativity invested- just saying that it would have been better if applied to something more original.)

It's really bad timing. DBH just chose that picture as its Shirt of the Month. http://www.designbyhumans.com/

phreekonature

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phreekonature
Re: Me=Quit

Very nice

keyser520

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keyser520

*giggles* tee-hees!.... you're right, it is a bit Waldenesque...

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
dekonstruct wrote:Galapagos, one of the best books ever! "Vonnegut straddles", now there's a perfect word combination.

"dude, you got Vonnegut straddles? I never get any lovin' by reading Faulkner!"

And well you shouldn't. Faulkner sucked.