tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

CartoonPanda wrote:Great design, one of the most original I've seen yet! Why'd you wait so long to submit?

Thanks a lot. I dreamed this idea last night when I was sleeping unfortunately. I even dreamed of drawing it up and submitting it. Stupid dreams, always three days late.

SicariiGS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SicariiGS
tgentry wrote:Thanks a lot. I dreamed this idea last night when I was sleeping unfortunately. I even dreamed of drawing it up and submitting it. Stupid dreams, always three days late.

I'm impressed by how successfully you were able to create the illusion of depth and volume in a silhouette.

tgentry

Staff

SicariiGS wrote:I'm impressed by how successfully you were able to create the illusion of depth and volume in a silhouette.

I used several different references of fencers and cobbled them together into one image. Wish I could say I spent hours hand drawing it and getting proportions right, but it was done on my lunch break. I still see a lot of mistakes and tweaks to make, but I can't really win now anyways so it doesn't matter all that much .

marcboese

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marcboese
Re: java quit

My virgin entry! ! Oooh ,it feels so good!

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: I Yield, Sir!

Really great idea and perfectly executed. Well done!!

CartoonPanda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CartoonPanda
rook543 wrote:Remiunds me of Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy (Marvin - The Paranoid Android)

I know exactly what you mean (see my reply above to punkfiveo). I didn't originally mean for him to be that way at all, but after he commented, I definitely saw the resemblance.

CartoonPanda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CartoonPanda
rook543 wrote:Remiunds me of Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy (Marvin - The Paranoid Android)

I know exactly what you mean (see my reply above to punkfiveo). I didn't originally mean for him to be that way at all, but after he commented, I definitely saw the resemblance.

MostBestestBuddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MostBestestBuddy
tgentry wrote: but I can't really win now anyways so it doesn't matter all that much .

come now, don't quit so easy

jpolson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpolson
Re: KTHNXBAI!!!1

Great idea, I love it. It made me think of God's Final Message to His Creation. Which is, of course, we apologize for the inconvenience.

soothedbyrainfall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soothedbyrainfall
Re: Can't Opener

Thanks for all the nice comments!

soothedbyrainfall.net

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
Re: Dude, it's your turn to evolve

Love it! =)

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: Joe was not a quitter

I just couldn't get this guy out of my head without doing the drawing. I think he probably quit one or two margaritas too late.

cyberpenguin

quality posts: 11 Private Messages cyberpenguin
dana11302 wrote:Its going to be fixed, so vote!

Cool... I did... and my vote pushed it back into the fog.

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: El Prospector Cansado

Si se puede!

Check out my blog:Here!

Linad

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Linad

*giggles* tee-hees! just got my xbox back from red ring repairs

yugidean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yugidean
Re: Voodon't!

G-D it! I want my voodoo doll shirt. I will destroy everyone that does not vote for this design.

Beano before, and there'll be no gas!

dana11302

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dana11302
cyberpenguin wrote:Cool... I did... and my vote pushed it back into the fog.

Alright!

parkermc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages parkermc
Re: Joe was not a quitter

Yeah, it looks kind of late for him to be ordering his margaritas without the salt. I wonder if he got the worm. Now, how ironic would that be? It could be family! jejeje!

tgentry

Staff

MostBestestBuddy wrote:come now, don't quit so easy

Isn't that what this derby's all about?

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
parkermc wrote:Yeah, it looks kind of late for him to be ordering his margaritas without the salt. I wonder if he got the worm. Now, how ironic would that be? It could be family! jejeje!

I think I like this one better than the rejected one. The sprinkling of salt is cute and I like the slug's eyes. A little worried about the grey on grey hues and whether they'd show up on the asphalt tee, but I like emotion of the design! Maybe a little light green liquid in the cup could hint toward the lime margarita and add a little depth to the glasses.

ohgodno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ohgodno
Re: fetal position

hmmm....not sure at all about the rejections here at wootville. if "fetal position" is off-topic for a quitting derby, i've been going into fetal position all this time for the wrong reasons. certainly not complaining...it's your world, woot-boss...i'm just living in it.

intaglio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages intaglio
tgentry wrote:Likewise, this is probably the most clever entry of the week. Hopefully it will get it's due come Editor's Choice time.

wow, thanks tg!

narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
Josephus wrote:I bet they'd be good pickled!

ewwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!! : )

intaglio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages intaglio
YeahYeahYouWere wrote:Intaglio is always coming up with clever stuff, it just seems people are more interested in voting for anything featuring a pirate than something with real creativity and wit

Also, seriously, that is how almost every monopoly game ends. Last time I played with my girlfriend, we did the 'quick game' where everyone gets 3 free properties to start. She pulled Boardwalk, Park Place, and Pennsylvania Avenue...otherwise known as the THREE MOST EXPENSIVE! Needless to say, I almost went pharaoh on the board.

ha, take comfort in knowing the pharaoh knows how you feel. great minds, eh?

Josephus

klswoot wrote:I think I like this one better than the rejected one. The sprinkling of salt is cute and I like the slug's eyes. A little worried about the grey on grey hues and whether they'd show up on the asphalt tee, but I like emotion of the design! Maybe a little light green liquid in the cup could hint toward the lime margarita and add a little depth to the glasses.

yeah, if I only had used the shirt for one of the grey's, I could have had that extra color. next time...

mrshbee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrshbee
kylemittskus wrote:Clever. I mean it's funny but I can't see wearing it.

I can't see wearing it either, but then I'm not nerdy, smartassed or young enough to qualify. Or male. This is a great shirt for the right demographic.

mrshbee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrshbee
my2collies wrote:This shirt just craks me up! Too funny- good luck!

Very clever. Good luck with it!

NCSUCasey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NCSUCasey
Re: Avi-Defungo

I really like this design. You got my vote, and if it happens to place I'll be buying one.

narkus

superspryte wrote:I'm in East Lansing (grew up in Detroit Metro area) and I'm tired of seeing stuff about him everywhere. He's dumb, we got it already.

and he'll still be re-elect; ya have to find that slightly humorous

narkus

Re: Some puckers never quit.

i like this one best of all of yours : ) GMV

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
narkus wrote:ewwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!! : )

Narkus! I love your signature! What a great way to show off your collection. I love it!

frogboyjb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frogboyjb
veggie9 wrote:Bahaha! I gotta check out the dead cats one. Good luck with this! Hope it wins!

thanks, I wish it would win, but I am happy that someone likes it

narkus

klswoot wrote:Narkus! I love your signature! What a great way to show off your collection. I love it!

thanks! I love my shirts!!! I can't design but I can wear proudly!!! : ) The 12 step entry cracks me up since I need a 12 step program for woot! By the way, I'm working on my taxes right now. Can't wait till I get my refund so you can make the painting of my greyhounds. Plus, I want to take a picture of my red wall so you can maybe match the red in the tress since you have to make me a new one because the one I wanted was gone : ) my honey wants me to put my refund toward my credit cards; what fun is that? ; )

frogboyjb

klswoot wrote:I know. I liked this one too. I didn't think the cats looked realistic and I like the fact that there was no blood. They could easily pass off as stuffed animals. I don't know if woot reinstates entries, however.

frogboyjb

frogboyjb wrote:Hey its alright. I understand the rejection. Actually this is the most feedback I have gotten about any of the designs that I had previously posted. In real life all of the kittens come back to life. They live with us in a two bedroom condo.

Thanks for all of your feedback

The funny thing is that you can have someone hanging themselves on a tree, but no dead cartoon cats

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
TheGrimReaver wrote:I also don't get the backwards text.

I'm guessing that it wasn't intentional.

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: KTHNXBAI!!!1

Y'all are a bunch of well read people. I love it!
and yeah, I did mean "so it goes".

mjc613

2thFairy wrote:Huh??

Exactly. Can't tell the theme without the title.

mjc613

Aparagon wrote:Here are a list of comments on the "Rejected" version:

Comments on C M Y Quit. K

------deleted list of comments from previous entry with lots of empty lines-----

Aparagon you get points for persistance but not for logic. It doesn't matter how many voters say they like it, or that they think it is on topic. It matters what Woot thinks. It's their contest and their rules. They said the original was off topic. My guess it that they will stick with their original decision and reject this one too. You might try e-mailing with your explanation.

Good luck

Josephus

klswoot wrote:I know. I liked this one too. I didn't think the cats looked realistic and I like the fact that there was no blood. They could easily pass off as stuffed animals. I don't know if woot reinstates entries, however.

I know- they don't. My shirt was rejected in error- he thought it had a gradient in the small image, and it didn't.
We discussed it, and agreed that it would be a bad precedent for him to reinstate it. SO I resubmitted it, same design, small change in the picture, heh, and it is getting some votes, though not as many as the follow-up design is.