KenSPT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KenSPT
Re: Quit worrying...It will be fine.

Somewhat cool, but without the title I would never guess any theme for this shirt.

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Re: Just Another Man...

Pac-Man quit his job and found himself rejoining the business world...

Discobiscuits

thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Quittles

Thanks for the nice comments folks!

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1

meh

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
amach06 wrote:Love this shirt too. wish there was no text though.

I was afraid it would get rejected if it didn't. I might submit a non-text version...

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
parkermc wrote:Very nice! What color is that shirt? Dark red?

cranberry

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
jbedwar1 wrote:Love it

Thanks for showing love to the snails and mushrooms. They received a little boost at the beginning, but seem to have stalled. Hope it still stands a chance.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

nycanuck wrote:

Funny.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

MoTheLeper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MoTheLeper
discodancing wrote:woot reference? whatever do you mean? it's just the general concet of getting frustrated at not winning and heading home. everybody can relate to this, right?

yeah i guess youre right-

I remember the days of bringing my box of tees to the playground, dressing everyone up in them and then quitting.

my bad.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: Plan B

Looks like our entries will be derby buddies this week, Fable. Does everyone have their derby buddy?

KenSPT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KenSPT
Re: Collective Quitting

Dude, if that shirt was just the crest with "International Brotherhood of Quitters" in text underneath it, I'd so be voting for it. The matrixy repeated text makes it wayyy to busy for my taste.

parkermc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages parkermc
tgentry wrote:It's an earthy blue.

Thanks! I love that blue on brown. Reminds me of "Decomposition's" colors.

derekfilley wrote:......
Seriously, i love how you can draw and be creative at the same time... somewhat of a rarity on shirt.woot.

Oh, yeah. You really set the bar high with that footprint. ROFL!

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r

hmm.....

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
gutsmasher77 wrote:I dont think this is live-traced enough.

I found several thin books, stacked them up, photographed them, then photoshopped the titles I wanted to use onto them, drew a little whale on the front of one, then used my trace program to make a six color design, followed by adding a few layers and redrawing much of the resulting vector image. Sure, it isn't a soft, smoothed out design like you all favor so much, but I really wanted the look of old books, and since the whole entire composition came from me, from the concept to the imagery, to the titles of the books and the choices of specific books for irony's sake. There is also no clipart or any downoaded internet images. I'm happy with the effort that went into it. even though I traced it. Tracing was a technique I specifically chose in order to produce the look of the books that I wanted them to have. Hey, try my other design, if you don't like this one- it isn't traced- because that wouldn't produce the look that I wanted for the design. It's just another tool, see?

geez.

tgentry

Staff

Re: The First Quitter

It depresses me that this isn't getting more votes. I know at least two people I would buy this for. C'mon people!

MoTheLeper

superspryte wrote:I never said it was going to win. It was submitted because I drew it in the forums as a joke and figured why not?

i never said it wasnt going to win

i never said you said it was going to win

I just said good luck with that

janaknowles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janaknowles
Re: Run Away!!

Bless this thy Hand Grenade......

MoTheLeper

Re: Checkmate?

*giggles* tee-hees!

tgentry

Staff

As a chess fiend, I would love to wear this shirt. Very nice.

nycanuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nycanuck
Re: Run Away!!

What's 'ee gonna do...nibble me bum?

Hazelnuts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hazelnuts

i got rejected for my contraception t-shirt - invention derby

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
parkermc wrote:ROFL! Not just the reference, but the look on its face.... ROFL!

That is the guinea pig face of unbridled passion, which is close to the "hungry, scared, and poop", face. They are masters of subtle faces.

WonderWooter

quality posts: 6 Private Messages WonderWooter
discodancing wrote:woot reference? whatever do you mean? it's just the general concet of getting frustrated at not winning and heading home. everybody can relate to this, right?

I got it and didn't see the woot reference right away. As a matter of fact, I thought it was really cute and was going here to vote for it before I realized anything

Don't be sexist. Broads hate that.

dekonstruct

Gotta give this one my vote, as my wife is a chess nut and I would love to get this for her.

phreekonature

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phreekonature
Re: Quit now

Please re-submit properly! Love it. I'd vote for this!

janaknowles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janaknowles
Re: Quit Hoping - Love Is Dead

It's kinda dark and depressing...i'm strangely drawn to it! GMV

gutsmasher77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gutsmasher77
Josephus wrote:I found several thin books, stacked them up, photographed them, then photoshopped the titles I wanted to use onto them, drew a little whale on the front of one, then used my trace program to make a six color design, followed by adding a few layers and redrawing much of the resulting vector image. Sure, it isn't a soft, smoothed out design like you all favor so much, but I really wanted the look of old books, and since the whole entire composition came from me, from the concept to the imagery, to the titles of the books and the choices of specific books for irony's sake. There is also no clipart or any downoaded internet images. I'm happy with the effort that went into it. even though I traced it. Tracing was a technique I specifically chose in order to produce the look of the books that I wanted them to have. Hey, try my other design, if you don't like this one- it isn't traced- because that wouldn't produce the look that I wanted for the design. It's just another tool, see?

geez.

i just think live tracing is abused on this site.

Toyfare

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Toyfare
Re: The Game of LIFE

Where have you been Damien? Hiding perhaps? Or did you QUIT for awhile?

gutsmasher77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gutsmasher77
Re: Why we never heard of da Vinci

i do like this live tracing better than your other live tracing.

Discobiscuits

very express-like :O

dekonstruct

Re: Quilter-Quitter

This shirt is amazing. All Q's all the time! (except for that T but that's ok, I won't tell anyone).

Josephus

Re: Why we never heard of da Vinci

I just liked the idea of Leonardo quitting after trying to draw the Mona Lisa's mouth. without his most famous painting, would we know him today? Maybe, the Last Supper is awfully good, but it was difficult to see. He never made any of the things he invented either- no helicopter, nope. He might just be another Italian Renaissance painter without the Mona Lisa. and without her enigmatic mouth, she might have just been another Italian shopkeeper's wife.

parkermc

Re: Hack writers who gave up.

Very creative, Josephus! I especially like how you changed the one title to "A Tale of a City." l ol!

Josephus

gutsmasher77 wrote:i do like this live tracing better than your other live tracing.

This was hand traced, not live traced. It comes through as much simpler, much, much less detail. This is how Cho drew that dinosaur from the time machine, and how Patch made his Hamster in his airplane shirt.

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
Re: Control X

I know, i know, robglenn did a shirt just like this, but i already had this made and i didnt wanna not use it... check the thread form yesterday i said i was thinking of a control alt delete...

Please check it out

MoTheLeper

Re: Won't Somebody Think Of The Children!?

this is very good and very funny

parkermc

janaknowles wrote:Bless this thy Hand Grenade......

And I thought it was just me! ROFL! Oh, that movie is so great. "It's just a flesh wound."

amach06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amach06

Everone knows thats not what the intent was.

Well there is always next year....

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

A winged fog entry. Wow, I predicted this... if you allow the wheel = watch. The font is really nice and drippy.