Board gamers unite!

WonderWooter

quality posts: 6 Private Messages WonderWooter
Re: El Prospector Cansado

I love this shirt, but oh my that is sad. The little slumped prospector

Don't be sexist. Broads hate that.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
gutsmasher77 wrote:i just think live tracing is abused on this site.

IT may well be. But this certainly isn't abuse of live tracing. I didn't just grab some books off the internet, fins a list of funny titles, slap them on the books, and live trace it. This project went the way I lay it out in my mind from its inception.
Here is the page I wrote it out on. I even had drawn the stack of books the way I wanted them.

c'mon, vote for this design.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: KICK THE HABIT

Excellent! I really like this one. GMV!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: Quit worrying...It will be fine.

you may want to recount the colors. I see 2 greens, 2 oranges, 2 blues, white, black and flesh. They may have just done a 7 color process shirt... and this design has 9, but we only get 6 colors for our designs.

I have to agree with the other critique too, it doesn't really exude "quitter" This would have been perfect for Apathetic at the beginning of the year though

rook543

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rook543
Re: Checkmate?

I used to work in a chess shop....so this design immediately came to me...
Glad that you people seem to like it...

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
parkermc wrote:Very creative, Josephus! I especially like how you changed the one title to "A Tale of a City." l ol!

I like Salinger's The Catcher- probably a story about an angst-filled star baseball catcher who dreams of pitching.
and Crime and Puns- a joke book. God, is there any less lighthearted, fun book than Crime and Punishment?

I also listed Hemingway's Old Man, because, as short as The Old Man and The Sea is, it does tend to go on. and on. we get it pretty quick, Ernest, really.

I also really liked War and Peas, a foxhole cookbook, but had to leave something off.

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
artulo wrote:Excellent! I really like this one. GMV!

thank you!

Please check it out

phreekonature

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phreekonature
Re: I Don't Wanna Play No More

Great shirt. Please don't pull it down if you start to do bad! When stuff like that happens, it throws us into chaos. Did Michelangelo tear down the Mona Lisa canvas once he saw Dog's Playing Poker?!??! No!

parkermc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages parkermc
discodancing wrote:woot reference? whatever do you mean? it's just the general concet of getting frustrated at not winning and heading home. everybody can relate to this, right?

discodancing, if it becomes necessary, you can always change the box of tees to a ball. As in, "I'm taking my ball and going home." Of course, there will be dozens of other balls strewn around the playground and held by the other children. But it's that one ball that means the world to everyone - or should, according to the one stomping off. That's how immature children think. Right?

disco, if they do reject it, please resubmit a variation on this. It's too funny! Maybe they won't reject it, though, considering the theme they so carefully chose this week.

johnpiv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnpiv
Re: Collective Quitting Redo

Dude, when you're right, you're right. Too busy by far. I think that was the caffeine doodling...

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

MoTheLeper wrote:i never said it wasnt going to win

i never said you said it was going to win

I just said good luck with that

Oh. Well I'm saying it's not going to win. ^_~ Sorry I thought you were trying to be mean. Hazards of the internet and usually having to defend my designs. Again, sorry about that. Thanks for the luck; I'm going to need it this week.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
superspryte wrote:I took the famous Uncle Sam poster and drew an elephant head in place of Uncle. Yay politics. -_-;

I'm glad you posted it. I like it.
-Andy

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=9504]When engine

Never mind.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce

also n/m

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
thatrobert wrote:Thanks for the nice comments folks!

I missed this on my first look through... hilarious!

Check out my blog:Here!

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
Re: El Prospector Cansado

Yay! Derby buddies!

CRUSH: Okay, first: find your exit buddy!
CRUSH:Do you have your exit buddy?
DORY: Yes!
CRUSH: Okay, Squirt here will now give you a rundown of proper exiting technique!
SQUIRT: Good afternoon, we're gonna have a great jump today! Okay, crank a hard cutback as you hit
the wall! There's a screaming bottom turn, so watch out! Remember: rip it, roll it and
punch it!

Go go go!

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Quitters

I have to say that this shirt is quite tasteless if you connect it with, say, the Titanic. If not, I suppose it's mildly amusing. Is quitting referring to leaving in this case?

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: Quittles

Dunno if I'd wear it, but I like it and voted for it anyway.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

snarkygal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal

I don't think this is funny or even thinly veiled..it is just an attack on cho and everybody knows it. It's designers like him that drove him off the first time.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

fablefire wrote:Yay! Derby buddies!

CRUSH: Okay, first: find your exit buddy!
CRUSH:Do you have your exit buddy?
DORY: Yes!
CRUSH: Okay, Squirt here will now give you a rundown of proper exiting technique!
SQUIRT: Good afternoon, we're gonna have a great jump today! Okay, crank a hard cutback as you hit
the wall! There's a screaming bottom turn, so watch out! Remember: rip it, roll it and
punch it!

Go go go!

Sweeeet! Duuude.....

snarkygal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal

As always Edgar, I love it.

fablefire

Re: KICK THE HABIT

This turned out great! Nice work. =D

yugidean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yugidean
nycanuck wrote:

L O L. Love it.

Beano before, and there'll be no gas!

deejaywicks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deejaywicks

What the H E C K is sitting on the plane???

SailorButterfly

Maybe I haven't been here long enough or don't get into the "Derby Drama" enough, but I don't get it...?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
KenSPT wrote:Like the shirt, would probably buy it, but I don't see the "Quitting" theme.

Yeah, I don't sees it either. It certainly is on a light color for such an emo shirt.

nycanuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nycanuck
nycanuck wrote:

Before anyone pounces on my post - I used clip art for my rebuttal image. NOT HAND DRAWN!!!

deejaywicks

Re: Quittles

This is like an old school 1980s style shirt. Love it!

fablefire

Re: Quitters

L.o.l! That's horrible. I love it.

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1

meh

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
Re: Plan B

well i've never heard of that morning after pill, nor do i think the grand majority of people reading this will come to that conclusion. having a kid at 20? yeah i lived plan B big time. go fable. gmv, as usual.

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct

It would seem that edgar has not been quit upon, well done!

deejaywicks

RobGlenn wrote:I think I'm done for the week, but it would be great if somebody made an Alt-F4 shirt so it could battle with CTRL-Q.

You could just change the text on the buttons and make the shirt a different color, like Orange or Yellow....or Blue-Screen-of-Death Blue. Yeah BSOD Blue sounds perfect. You might get more votes on that one.

fablefire

Anj963 wrote:SWEET! I would buy three.

Four is too many, and five is right out!

SailorButterfly

Re: Some puckers never quit.

I've been seeing these around and wanting to ask, so I give up...

what's with the puckers? >.<

KenSPT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KenSPT
johnpiv wrote:Dude, when you're right, you're right. Too busy by far. I think that was the caffeine doodling...

Awesome ... consider me Vote #2.

deejaywicks

fablefire wrote:L.o.l! That's horrible. I love it.

It doesn't have 4 funnels so it can't be the Titanic.

I thought "stick" figures would float...guess most do....depends on type of wood?

It's great in a morbid and worthy in a TV Movie way.

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez

Um, I understand making things you think the derby goers will find funny. I DO NOT understand making a shirt that, even if not intended to be, can be viewed as a direct attack on another designer.