dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: 8-Ball never lies

Oh NOES, that's a gradient! Are you mad? The universe will implode now that you have a smooth transition from color to color! Just kidding. It will get rejectorated though... Sorry.

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1

i see gradients..... Gradients will get you rejected. Sorry.

parkermc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages parkermc
Re: Voodon't!

Okay, I admit it. I like this. It scares me that I like it, but I do.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Designing shirts is just not your thing.

Fine. Enter all the shirt.woots you want. No vector clip art? No B.F.A? No winner. Just live with it. Heck, have fun. But you will never get "the big piece of chicken". Not that I'm a pessimist or anything...

But seriously: This was actually pretty fun to design...

edgarrmcherly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edgarrmcherly
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=9504]When engine

hahaha. This is really funny

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
fablefire wrote:This turned out great! Nice work. =D

thanks alot fable! i'm a big fan

Please check it out

yigzat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yigzat
Re: Alt F4

Almost as fun as CTRL-ALT-DEL!

Nice and simple!

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
Re: I Don't Wanna Play No More

im all for personal attacks, but have the eggs to do it in person. b ooo

deejaywicks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deejaywicks
Re: Alt F4

nice idea...just wish the placement was in the middle of the shirt.....

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: Quitters

This shirt is awesome, and I'll see it in hell. It really needs a band playing on the deck to increase the win.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Slackers Unite!

Surprised this isn't doing better. I love it.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
Re: fool

One of my favorite quotes of all time. I thought it would look great on a shirt, and it fit the theme so well. Also, for those that don't think it took time, hand tracing that script to make it look less "font like" actually took a ton of time using my non-skills.

peppersagooddog

Re: The Little Engine That Chose Not To . . .

looks great clint!!
hope eveyone sees it ;)

peppersagooddog

Re: MEH!

this turned out really dark. i hope it turns out, cause i liked it ;)

intaglio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages intaglio
Re: The First Quitter

and then he says to her, he says, "that's not fairoh!"

ha! whew! ha! oh man... puns

wizard7926

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wizard7926
tgentry wrote:Thanks very much Derek! This is actually very different stuff than what I do on a daily basis. It's been a real challenge to adjust to t-shirt compatible drawings from my usual style.

Yeah, Teej, I've seen what you do "f'realz" and it's definitely a departure. Some of the realistic character design stuff you do is amazing.

I mean, I can chop with some of the best, and I can sketch well given enough time, but to put thought and creativity and skill together in a short amount of time is something I might never accomplish.

My hat, pretty much as always, goes off to you, sir.

fablefire

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fablefire
Re: Quit Hoping - Love Is Dead

Have you thought about designing for Hot Topic? They would eat it up.

karatefestival

quality posts: 1 Private Messages karatefestival
Gumiho wrote:This entry is about quitting self destructive behaviour (specifically drinking.) The flowers are "Bleeding Hearts" so this directly relates to the idea of self medication for emotional issues. Basically, no more bleeding hearts and no more drinking to salve them. ^^

hah, i found you! quite nice.

AlvinPing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlvinPing
Re: El Prospector Cansado

Very nice. Reminds me a lot of Gold Rush! on Threadless.

• Alvin

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

AlvinPing wrote:Very nice. Reminds me a lot of Gold Rush! on Threadless.

Wow, that one's sweet. I think it's pretty different thematically and stylewise, but I was originally thinking about adding some random stuff in the ground. Glad I shyed away from that after seeing that piece. Mine could be the "Four Months Later" sequel I guess.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly

I like it. If it gets rejected, please resubmit without the gradients. ^^

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

SailorButterfly

Re: Know When to Fold

Very nice design.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fablefire

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fablefire
SailorButterfly wrote:Maybe I haven't been here long enough or don't get into the "Derby Drama" enough, but I don't get it...?

Well, aside from the coincidence...

I think there comes a point when most designers or competitors in general get frustrated with the general balderdash that goes on. You just get to a point where you "don't want to play anymore" - which is fine, because sometimes the game really vacuums. In this case, it's targeting shirt designers. It could just as easily have targeted an innovative musician or writer.

People are just getting up in arms about it though because of the drama in last week's thread.

SailorButterfly

Re: Don't Quit

Cute. I chuckled at the "hidden" message. ;-)

nycanuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nycanuck
SailorButterfly wrote:Cute. I chuckled at the "hidden" message. ;-)

N'TQU ??? I don't get it.

yeeter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
Re: Run Away!!

inspiration?

VOTE!

SailorButterfly

Re: IЙ SФVIЭT ЯЦSSIД JФB QЦIT УФЦ!

Ha! I didn't get it until looked at the bigger picture. Nice, my husbands loves these "Soviet Russia ... you" things. l o l

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: Know When to Fold

It is equally important to know when to hold 'em.

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
edgarrmcherly wrote:hahaha. This is really funny

woohoo the celebrity appears

SailorButterfly

nycanuck wrote:N'TQU ??? I don't get it.

Sorry, if I told you, I'd have to kill you...

>:-)

;-)

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Don't Quit...Be Clever

Very Funny.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Re: I Don't Wanna Play No More

Why would you do this? What a waste of time.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

SailorButterfly

Re: The Answer to Everything Wrong

<!-- -->

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Quit to save the king

Nicely done! I like it!

edgarrmcherly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edgarrmcherly
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=9504]When engine

otay, i am half afraid this was done in a mean spirited way. I am terrifyed thinking that someone is going to spring up at any moment and start slinging insults at a whole bunch of well meaning people. That's the only reason I am breaking up this party. If it was done in merriment, I am entirely sorry to the person who did it. Because I truly laughed and had a good time, too.

Anyhow, this design wasn't posted by me There seems to be the potential for a lot of negative things here depending on why this was posted, and I'd very much love for us all to simply side step the whole lot of them, if that's possible. Not for my sake, but the for the sake of everyone's happiness. There is a lot of anger on these forums, and in life in general, and it is rarely necessary. How much better it can be if we all just chose to smile and laugh and be merry merry merry instead of being angry.

So good luck everyone! I will probably have an entry at some point. Although it would be kinda funny to not enter at all in this, since the topic is quitters and all. heh. Alright, I'd love to say more, but I have totally had to pee the whole time I've been typing this. So I'm gonna go do that.

peppersagooddog

Re: Designing shirts is just not your thing.

hey woot... dont forget there are other tee design competitions.
this is not woot related, so dont get concieted k?

peppersagooddog

nycanuck wrote:N'TQU ??? I don't get it.

*giggles* tee-hees!

peppersagooddog

AdderXYU wrote:It is equally important to know when to hold 'em.

also, when to walk away.

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
parkermc wrote:Okay, I admit it. I like this. It scares me that I like it, but I do.

That actually means a lot, i'm not normally the recipient of mr. parkermc's goodwill. thanks!

Check out my blog:Here!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
edgarrmcherly wrote:otay, i am half afraid this was done in a mean spirited way. I am terrifyed thinking that someone is going to spring up at any moment and start slinging insults at a whole bunch of well meaning people. That's the only reason I am breaking up this party. If it was done in merriment, I am entirely sorry to the person who did it. Because I truly laughed and had a good time, too.

Anyhow, this wasn't posted by me There seems to be the potential for a lot of negative things here depending on why this was posted, and I'd very much love for us all to simply side step the whole lot of them, if that's possible. Not for my sake, but the for the sake of everyone's happiness. There is a lot of anger on these forums, and in life in general, and it is rarely necessary. How much better it can be if we all just chose to smile and laugh and be merry merry merry instead of being angry.

So good luck everyone! I will probably have an entry at some point. Although it would be kinda funny to not enter at all in this, since the topic is quitters and all. heh. Alright, I'd love to say more, but I have totally had to pee the whole time I've been typing this. So I'm gonna go do that.

I was very confused for a moment, so I checked... OHHH, it's submit by someone with Edgar's name, but with an extra E.

I'm hoping Woot rectifies this. And by rectifies I mean "bans user from future competitions." I don't think designers should have to worry about their styles being aped and votes being stolen. It clearly fooled most of Edgar's fan base. We have enough originality issues without having to deal with this.