+ Add a Comment

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
tgentry wrote:Looks like our entries will be derby buddies this week, Fable. Does everyone have their derby buddy?

why am I always third wheel...?

Check out my blog:Here!

KENPARS0NS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KENPARS0NS
Re: Quit While You're Ahead

Thanks...

Yeah, I was a little concerned about that too... Remember the holiday derby where all shirts that didn't say "DAY" were rejected... That was fun (sarcasm)

But I liked the idea and thought it would be more wearable than including "Quit While You're Ahead" on the shirt...

We'll see...

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

edgarrmcherly wrote:otay, i am half afraid this was done in a mean spirited way. I am terrifyed thinking that someone is going to spring up at any moment and start slinging insults at a whole bunch of well meaning people. That's the only reason I am breaking up this party. If it was done in merriment, I am entirely sorry to the person who did it. Because I truly laughed and had a good time, too.

Anyhow, this design wasn't posted by me There seems to be the potential for a lot of negative things here depending on why this was posted, and I'd very much love for us all to simply side step the whole lot of them, if that's possible. Not for my sake, but the for the sake of everyone's happiness. There is a lot of anger on these forums, and in life in general, and it is rarely necessary. How much better it can be if we all just chose to smile and laugh and be merry merry merry instead of being angry.

So good luck everyone! I will probably have an entry at some point. Although it would be kinda funny to not enter at all in this, since the topic is quitters and all. heh. Alright, I'd love to say more, but I have totally had to pee the whole time I've been typing this. So I'm gonna go do that.

I'm pretty glad it wasn't you, Edgar. I looked at it and thought, "That's a little messed up."

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
peppersagooddog wrote:also, when to walk away.

ZOMG Run!

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
AdderXYU wrote:I was very confused for a moment, so I checked... OHHH, it's submit by someone with Edgar's name, but with an extra E.

I'm hoping Woot rectifies this. And by rectifies I mean "bans user from future competitions." I don't think designers should have to worry about their styles being aped and votes being stolen. It clearly fooled most of Edgar's fan base. We have enough originality issues without having to deal with this.

That's nuts. Obviously lost my vote. Edgar, can't wait for your real submission though. Actually, I thought it looked a bit unlike Edgar's work but hadn't seen enough to be sure - the colors and all.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Andy47240 wrote:I'm glad you posted it. I like it.
-Andy

Thanks. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
AdderXYU wrote:I was very confused for a moment, so I checked... OHHH, it's submit by someone with Edgar's name, but with an extra E.

I'm hoping Woot rectifies this. And by rectifies I mean "bans user from future competitions." I don't think designers should have to worry about their styles being aped and votes being stolen. It clearly fooled most of Edgar's fan base. We have enough originality issues without having to deal with this.

ban this users entire existance. no new names, no other accounts.
this is a horrible,wretched thing to do. copying someone's art is blasphemy, imo.
this is NOT a good representation of edgar's usual work. it has none of his humor, or depression in it. i am outraged. now i'm not going to say i have loved everything he has ever done, but stealing someone's identity in the art world is cruel and should be heavily punished.
my 2¢

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Some puckers never quit.

The day is coming when I will actually buy a pucker.
If you knew how much I truly disliked...ok, hated....the original pucker, that is an amazing statement.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
peppersagooddog wrote:ban this users entire existance. no new names, no other accounts.
this is a horrible,wretched thing to do. copying someone's art is blasphemy, imo.
this is NOT a good representation of edgar's usual work. it has none of his humor, or depression in it. i am outraged. now i'm not going to say i have loved everything he has ever done, but stealing someone's identity in the art world is cruel and should be heavily punished.
my 2¢

We'll see. Using other people's art isn't entirely looked down upon 'round here.

But Tattled, for what that's worth

byrbwr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr

-had no idea plan b was a pill of some sort, and got the message 100% clear- but i imagine most of you see penises wherever you go as well.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
byrbwr wrote:-had no idea plan b was a pill of some sort, and got the message 100% clear- but i imagine most of you see penises wherever you go as well.

Mine heart-strings have been plucked! THATS A TOTAL LEAP!!!!!

::cough:: Sorry. It's nice to know I'm not the only person here perplexed at all the phallic visions of wooters.

ETA: "Mine heartstrings have been plucked", while not at all what I said, is hilarious.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
peppersagooddog wrote:hey woot... dont forget there are other tee design competitions.
this is not woot related, so dont get concieted k?

Thanks, peppers, for reminding them of that. This shirt is applicable to all of them (like threadless, designedbyhumans, etc).

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
edgarrmcherly wrote:otay, i am half afraid this was done in a mean spirited way. I am terrifyed thinking that someone is going to spring up at any moment and start slinging insults at a whole bunch of well meaning people. That's the only reason I am breaking up this party. If it was done in merriment, I am entirely sorry to the person who did it. Because I truly laughed and had a good time, too.

Anyhow, this design wasn't posted by me There seems to be the potential for a lot of negative things here depending on why this was posted, and I'd very much love for us all to simply side step the whole lot of them, if that's possible. Not for my sake, but the for the sake of everyone's happiness. There is a lot of anger on these forums, and in life in general, and it is rarely necessary. How much better it can be if we all just chose to smile and laugh and be merry merry merry instead of being angry.

So good luck everyone! I will probably have an entry at some point. Although it would be kinda funny to not enter at all in this, since the topic is quitters and all. heh. Alright, I'd love to say more, but I have totally had to pee the whole time I've been typing this. So I'm gonna go do that.

I suspect the moderators could determine who this was. as far as your other issue (heh), boy, edgar, I hope everything comes out alright. ;^)
at any rate, I hope you 'shake a leg', and make a design soon.
snerk.

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=9504]When engine

Mine heart-strings have been plucked! What a vile thing to do! I am so angry right now.. I am honestly at a loss for words!!

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

eyeslikesugar

jbedwar1 wrote:don't forget to get your vote 4 edgar button out of my sig if you would like to help support edgar.

Get rid of it! >_>

discodancing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages discodancing
snarkygal wrote:I don't think this is funny or even thinly veiled..it is just an attack on cho and everybody knows it. It's designers like him that drove him off the first time.

how could this be an attach on cho? cho always wins.

jaleebcaru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaleebcaru
Re: C M Y Quit. K

That's good lookin'!

eyeslikesugar

discodancing wrote:how could this be an attach on cho? cho always wins.

Well.. if you like to attach to Cho.. o_O
And no.. he doesn't always win.. what about the travel derby. He submitted two, none won. How about the one I loved with the guys in the rowboat and the whale? Why am I not wearing it? It didn't win. Just be happy that Cool Breeze is netting you a nice down payment on a car and get over yourself.

To be fair, you didn't say anything specifically about Cho being the main influence on this design. Still in poor taste judging by the drama of last week.

Aparagon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aparagon
jaleebcaru wrote:That's good lookin'!

Thank you.

discodancing

snarkygal wrote:I don't think this is funny or even thinly veiled..it is just an attack on cho and everybody knows it. It's designers like him that drove him off the first time.

*attack

I never said anything about cho, there's tons of people that get frustrated with tshirts and say forget it.

blindcacophony

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blindcacophony

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
Re: Checkmate?

I dig it. good job.

heartluce

edgarrmcherly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edgarrmcherly

The whole reason I posted anything was in hopes of saving everyone the trouble of getting hassled for blindly voting for a design because it was by a particular user. But it doesn't help much if everyone is gonna be mad at the user who posted the design. If I am gonna do things in a way that is easily imitated, then I really bring copying onto myself. But I don't think that really applies here. I don't think the person entered it in hopes of nicking this style or winning or something like that.

Anyway, please, everyone, don't be upset or angry! there is absolutely no reason to be. i certainly don't mind. I think it is pretty humorous. I wouldn't have said a word if I wasn't afraid the person posted the design with the intentions to give people who voted for it a hard time.

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
peppersagooddog wrote:this turned out really dark. i hope it turns out, cause i liked it ;)

ya, I'm not having the best of luck with my PC today. I think my dog messed with my calibration. Now that I see it on another pc, yikes.

eyeslikesugar

edgarrmcherly wrote:The whole reason I posted anything was in hopes of saving everyone the trouble of getting hassled for blindly voting for a design because it was by a particular user. But it doesn't help much if everyone is gonna be mad at the user who posted the design. If I am gonna do things in a way that is easily imitated, then I really bring copying onto myself. But I don't think that really applies here. I don't think the person entered it in hopes of nicking this style or winning or something like that.

Anyway, please, everyone, don't be upset or angry! there is absolutely no reason to be. i certainly don't mind. I think it is pretty humorous. I wouldn't have said a word if I wasn't afraid the person posted the design with the intentions to give people who voted for it a hard time.

I'm glad you did though, had it won and I bought one; I would have felt like a fool. He really did trick us, and when people are fooled they get defensive.

Ever the peace-maker, and another one of the many reasons we love you, Edgar. Thank you for saying something.

Atherton5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Atherton5
Re: Quit buying lame shirts

Great message, especially considering the last few contests! I like the chalk board effect you have used here.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

I didn't want to be the first to say it, but I thought this doesn't look like something Edgar would submit. It's lacking on the small details that give your designs their charm. I thought it looked rushed and 'unloved'. Now I know why.

Thank goodness someone noticed early enough. I hope Woot removes it quickly and bans the user id or any similar derivative. Seems only fair.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
Re: Checkmate?

oh no! the dreaded kings pawn standard opening move! I'm gonna lose! I quit....

ha. gmv.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

rook543

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rook543

Can somebody tell me how I can get a scorlling window on my posts with my sirts on it?

nycanuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nycanuck
Atherton5 wrote:Great message, especially considering the last few contests! I like the chalk board effect you have used here.

You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can NEVER please ALL of the shirt.wooters anytime!

heartluce

edgarrmcherly wrote:The whole reason I posted anything was in hopes of saving everyone the trouble of getting hassled for blindly voting for a design because it was by a particular user. But it doesn't help much if everyone is gonna be mad at the user who posted the design. If I am gonna do things in a way that is easily imitated, then I really bring copying onto myself. But I don't think that really applies here. I don't think the person entered it in hopes of nicking this style or winning or something like that.

That's what I get for trying to work and look at the derby at the same time. I knew something was off. Someone may play at copying you, Edgar, but you are truly one of a kind. Hope you submit soon!

rook543

rook543 wrote:Can somebody tell me how I can get a scorlling window on my posts with my sirts on it?

Okay...Typo fix (damn wireless keyboards)

...how to get a SCROLLING window....

...with my SHIRTS on it?

discodancing

eyeslikesugar wrote:Well.. if you like to attach to Cho.. o_O
And no.. he doesn't always win.. what about the travel derby. He submitted two, none won. How about the one I loved with the guys in the rowboat and the whale? Why am I not wearing it? It didn't win. Just be happy that Cool Breeze is netting you a nice down payment on a car and get over yourself.

To be fair, you didn't say anything specifically about Cho being the main influence on this design. Still in poor taste judging by the drama of last week.

seriously I haven't had a chance to be on shirt.woot for months. You can look for my postings - they're not around. I have no idea what this drama from last week is.

However, from months ago I know there's constantly drama and constantly people complaining about what won and threatening not to be involved in derbys anymore. So yeah, that gave me the idea - but it's not an uncommon theme from the various design contests I've ever seen. I thought it would be funny to poke fun at those people, but apparently this hasn't gone over well.

rook543

Re: C M Y Quit. K

As somebody who is a print operator who often has to deal with bad or faulty printheads on CMYK printers, I can wholeheartedly vote for this one...

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: I Wish I Knew How to Quit You

Thanks everyone!

C'mon little Guineapiggy!

bmckay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmckay
keyser520 wrote:QI
QAT
QADI
QAID
QATS
QOPH
FAQIR
QADIS
QAIDS
QANAT
QOPHS
TRANQ
FAQIRS
QABALA
QANATS
QINDAR
QINTAR
QWERTY
SHEQEL
TRANQS
QINDARS
QINTARS
QWERTYS
QINDARKA
SHEQELIM

Which prog did you use? ;)

KenSPT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KenSPT
Re: Motivational Climber

I don't want this to come off as rude, so if it does I apologize, but I have no idea what I'm looking at there.

eyeslikesugar

discodancing wrote:seriously I haven't had a chance to be on shirt.woot for months. You can look for my postings - they're not around. I have no idea what this drama from last week is.

However, from months ago I know there's constantly drama and constantly people complaining about what won and threatening not to be involved in derbys anymore. So yeah, that gave me the idea - but it's not an uncommon theme from the various design contests I've ever seen. I thought it would be funny to poke fun at those people, but apparently this hasn't gone over well.

Ok.. fair enough.. but you obviously have talent, and this shirt is not going over too well. Might I suggest removing it and doing a better one? =)

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
Re: Normal

it's one of my favorites andy, give it a chance.