+ Add a Comment

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

eyeslikesugar wrote:Ok.. fair enough.. but you obviously have talent, and this shirt is not going over too well. Might I suggest removing it and doing a better one? =)

It's true...I'd actually love to see a sincere effort. I'd probably even vote for it.
Divisive stuff is not what I buy.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

clintondavidn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clintondavidn
peppersagooddog wrote:looks great clint!!
hope eveyone sees it ;)

Thank you, I am going to submit a second one in gray scale I rather like that

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: this t-shirt bites

would have been interesting if you put it on a shirt, and actually drew it

*shudders* Comic Sans *shudders*

shiftypixel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shiftypixel
KenSPT wrote:I don't want this to come off as rude, so if it does I apologize, but I have no idea what I'm looking at there.

That's fine. I had a feeling that would happen. I wanted it to look like a white out so there isn't much contrast in the image. It'd be pretty clear on the printed shirt, but it doesn't come across very clearly in the preview images.

Basically, the mountain climber freezes to death before he gets to the top. Wow. It's not nearly as funny when you just say it like that. Oh well. Thanks for taking the time to let me know!

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
edgarrmcherly wrote:The whole reason I posted anything was in hopes of saving everyone the trouble of getting hassled for blindly voting for a design because it was by a particular user. But it doesn't help much if everyone is gonna be mad at the user who posted the design. If I am gonna do things in a way that is easily imitated, then I really bring copying onto myself. But I don't think that really applies here. I don't think the person entered it in hopes of nicking this style or winning or something like that.

Anyway, please, everyone, don't be upset or angry! there is absolutely no reason to be. i certainly don't mind. I think it is pretty humorous. I wouldn't have said a word if I wasn't afraid the person posted the design with the intentions to give people who voted for it a hard time.

i want you to know that i am not so much angry, as heartbroken.
a person's work always has a bit of their soul in it (yes even clipart people put themselves in their work) and to mock someone, even for the sake of mocking the forum people is cruel. i'm happy you take this lightheartedly, but please let us be upset for you even if you are not, for this reaches to the core of alot of people. we are upset for you AND for ourselves.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
Re: Normal

Ok, what is wrong with your sig pic? I was trying to add your vote link to my sig.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

dirttracker39

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dirttracker39
SailorButterfly wrote:Ha! I didn't get it until looked at the bigger picture. Nice, my husbands loves these "Soviet Russia ... you" things. l o l

Thanks; glad you like it.

discodancing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages discodancing
eyeslikesugar wrote:Ok.. fair enough.. but you obviously have talent, and this shirt is not going over too well. Might I suggest removing it and doing a better one? =)

debatable. I submitted a couple of lego people at a yellow playground - and that was the best I could come up with :/

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
discodancing wrote:debatable. I submitted a couple of lego people at a yellow playground - and that was the best I could come up with :/

The talent part is debatable? Hell, if the one and only shirt I ever got printed lasted as long as cool breeze, I wouldn't be bothering making new ones.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

benchmademan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benchmademan

Wow! I love this design! Great concept!

peppersagooddog

Re: fool

came out great!
text that GMV!
way to go.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Quittles

Thanks for the votes. Number 6 with a bullet...

phreekonature

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phreekonature

Looks to be going over fine with 33 people... no wait.. 34. er... 35

pascualm1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pascualm1

Pure Genius! I'm thinking he actually has golf tees in that box, the scattered T-shirts are a mere coincedence.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:I suspect the moderators could determine who this was. as far as your other issue (heh), boy, edgar, I hope everything comes out alright. ;^)
at any rate, I hope you 'shake a leg', and make a design soon.
snerk.

The ip doesn't show when someone puts up a shirt. Just a name.
Staff should be able to see.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Shigwarm

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Shigwarm

fablefire

quality posts: 21 Private Messages fablefire
Re: I Don't Wanna Play No More

Don't withdraw. It's just a bad coincidence. The woot forumers are only a small percentage of the voting population anyway.

mmuhlenkamp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmuhlenkamp
Re: The First Quitter

I love that you have the monopoly pieces as your heiroglyphs in the background. This makes me laugh mucho.

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=9504]When engine

Even if Edgar is not angry, I am...just another reason I am really not liking this place lately

peppersagooddog

dontwantaname wrote:The ip doesn't show when someone puts up a shirt. Just a name.
Staff should be able to see.

imo, this is a much worse offence than a forum tantrum or tirade.
this person's address should be banned from submissions.
not that i would probably want to see anything they have to say either. just saying THIS is where they crossed the line, so this is where they should be punished.

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
fablefire wrote:Don't withdraw. It's just a bad coincidence. The woot forumers are only a small percentage of the voting population anyway.

I suspect woot might reject eventually (they nixed my beautiful "This shirt cost $10") If they don't, however, I think the rest of y'all need to chill. It's a t-shirt contest, it's supposed to be fun.

Check out my blog:Here!

AttilaTheMom

??

narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
Re: Don't Quit

i like it

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
Re: Know When to Fold

very nice work i am impressed

Please check it out

dana11302

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dana11302
Re: Quit Hoping - Love Is Dead

The Latin on this shirt is incorrect. The author used an internet translator. I am a Latin scholar and know that "Diligo est Mortuus" means "To regard highly is dead." Diligo is a first person, singular verb. The true translation for "love is dead" is "Amor est mortuus." Wearing this shirt as is, would be an embarassment to Latin. Please change the translation!

peppersagooddog

AttilaTheMom wrote:??

remove your sig attila, this is not an edgar entry it's a fake. read the entries under the shirt itself.

goldfishinapicklejar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldfishinapicklejar
cheer4vols wrote:Ummm, I dont think I would wear this seeing that the morning after pill is called Plan B.... But I get your design! I just wouldnt wear it.

That is all i saw upon seeing the design "Plan B" = morning after pill. Have fun explaining that to your local activist christian

peppersagooddog

goldfishinapicklejar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldfishinapicklejar
Re: He Quit Seeking

wuv yah seaking!

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
Re: STOP TRYING TO PLAY THE Q. THERE ARE NO MORE U’S

This is a pretty good execution, but will probably be rejected because of the similarity to one of Threadless's most famous shirts, Well This Just Really vacuums.

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
peppersagooddog wrote:remove your sig attila, this is not an edgar entry it's a fake. read the entries under the shirt itself.

And remove Votes as well.

dufaultm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dufaultm
nycanuck wrote:You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can NEVER please ALL of the shirt.wooters anytime!

True data.

AttilaTheMom

edgarrmcherly wrote:The whole reason I posted anything was in hopes of saving everyone the trouble of getting hassled for blindly voting for a design because it was by a particular user. But it doesn't help much if everyone is gonna be mad at the user who posted the design. If I am gonna do things in a way that is easily imitated, then I really bring copying onto myself. But I don't think that really applies here. I don't think the person entered it in hopes of nicking this style or winning or something like that.

Anyway, please, everyone, don't be upset or angry! there is absolutely no reason to be. i certainly don't mind. I think it is pretty humorous. I wouldn't have said a word if I wasn't afraid the person posted the design with the intentions to give people who voted for it a hard time.

well I am happy that you aren't taking this personally. I find it incredibly humorous that somebody would pick your style to 'emulate'. 'Cause we all know it's not likely to win with the woot crowd. Since they probably didn't do it to try and win, it was more than likely a nasty minded jab at your (small but devoted) fan base. So I hope you don't mind if your fans get angry. In any case, I thought it was more reminiscent of your earlier style and not as well done as your recent stuff, I liked it for the airplane. As an engineer with an aviation company I have a definite bias towards planes, engines, and flying in general, so I'm just gonna let my vote stand. But I am gonna remove the sig link. ;)

keyser520

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keyser520
Re: When sharks try to quit the habit...

Hope you all enjoy it... I had the idea for this at lunch today, took most of the afternoon to get it past my own approval system... getting the silhouettes just right, getting the right scratches/fading/distorted look on the entire image, trying to get the text "SURFBOARDER ATTACKER'S ANONYMOUS" to look right, then deciding to screw that bit of text and upload the design.

kirandesai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kirandesai
Andy47240 wrote:Very Funny.

nice one! quite clever!!!!

jlatsnic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlatsnic
Re: Quittles

This is my favorite shirt by far. Great design!

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
AttilaTheMom wrote:Ok, what is wrong with your sig pic? I was trying to add your vote link to my sig.

Not sure, it works for me??

AttilaTheMom

Andy47240 wrote:Not sure, it works for me??

poo. well I'll keep trying to get the pic to show. if you click the red x the link works though. ;)

broomcorn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages broomcorn

nice designs so far, should be a good derby!!

janaknowles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janaknowles
derekfilley wrote:I suspect woot might reject eventually (they nixed my beautiful "This shirt cost $10") If they don't, however, I think the rest of y'all need to chill. It's a t-shirt contest, it's supposed to be fun.

Well, I didn't witness any of the forum drama first hand...only read about it later...but I think this is funny...even outside of the woot forums. BTW: your color combination are great!