+ Add a Comment

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=9570]Rubber-stamped as

???

Please check it out

clintondavidn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clintondavidn
Re: Won't Somebody Think Of The Children!?

THIS HAS TO WIN!! I WANT ON!

broomcorn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages broomcorn
clintondavidn wrote:THIS HAS TO WIN!! I WANT ON!

Yeh that is a cool one!!

KenSPT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KenSPT
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=9570]Rubber-stamped as

Did the person who got stamped quit at spelling?

broomcorn

Re: Ladder of Success

the ladder to success is hard, just quit and chop it down! don't quit in the middle of chopping it down though, that would just be akward... thanks for votes!

broomcorn

very nice, i think i would have liked it without the background 'border' though. still very cool, trying to figure out how you made it ")

Bryan818

dekonstruct wrote:You know, I'd figure god was a command line type of being, but that just doesn't fly as well visually. I thought macs had the red circle on the top right... oh well.

yeah this derby is going to be very tough.

i like your other desing better... but this is the one doing better hmmm maybe that says something for my taste

Please check it out

fiyeromini

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fiyeromini

run away run away run away from the stench and the trenches......

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
peppersagooddog wrote:<3

Gracis Ms. Pepper. Where in the heck did my momentum go?

Check out my blog:Here!

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
discodancing wrote:seriously I haven't had a chance to be on shirt.woot for months. You can look for my postings - they're not around. I have no idea what this drama from last week is.

However, from months ago I know there's constantly drama and constantly people complaining about what won and threatening not to be involved in derbys anymore. So yeah, that gave me the idea - but it's not an uncommon theme from the various design contests I've ever seen. I thought it would be funny to poke fun at those people, but apparently this hasn't gone over well.

just because you haven't posted does NOT mean you haven't been around.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
AttilaTheMom wrote:poo. well I'll keep trying to get the pic to show. if you click the red x the link works though. ;)

fixed, i do believe.

and now, time to go. laterz.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

skelator818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skelator818
Re: Quitting Time!

Clever concept, nice contrast on the shirt color.

Come on Bandolier of Carrots!

keyser520

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keyser520
Re: When sharks try to quit the habit...

It's OK... you can vote... the sharks won't attack you just because you voted...

burtonrider404

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burtonrider404
Re: Quitters

yeah this shirt is sooooo awesome

narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
Re: Voodon't!

AWESOME!!

burtonrider404

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burtonrider404
Re: True Fans Never Quit

they may not, but cubs fans should

Mroczkowski

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mroczkowski

When you flatline...you quit for life. You are saying to the world...I don't want anymore...that's it for me!

Now you may say...don't people that don't want to quit also flat line?

Also notice that the electroshock paddles are not being used! The person trying to save them just gave up too!

rolfedaus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rolfedaus
Re: Where's Bob? Doesn't get wired anymore...

I like the birds but I don't really get the text

Mroczkowski

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mroczkowski

(Text Version)

When you flatline...you quit for life. You are saying to the world...I don't want anymore...that's it for me!

Now you may say...don't people that don't want to quit also flat line?

Also notice that the electroshock paddles are not being used! The person trying to save them just gave up too!

msj11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msj11
derekfilley wrote:Ha ha, does this imply God is a pc user (the 'x' is on the other side for macs right?)

In any case, pretty darn creative my friend. this derby is not turning out to be the bland catastrophy I envisioned.

I think God would go for the CTRL-ALT-DEL combination...

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
Re: Plan B

Funny that people are jumping to such conclusions on the day i read this

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
dana11302 wrote:The Latin on this shirt is incorrect. The author used an internet translator. I am a Latin scholar and know that "Diligo est Mortuus" means "To regard highly is dead." Diligo is a first person, singular verb. The true translation for "love is dead" is "Amor est mortuus." Wearing this shirt as is, would be an embarassment to Latin. Please change the translation!

shouldn't it really be "Amor mortuus est."? My memory of a lot of years of Latin is that in general we ended sentences with the verb, especially a straight statement like that one. granted, Latin was still a live language then, but still. ;^)

yugidean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yugidean
Re: Plan B

I still love this shirt. If I would have used your anime eye and your ewe, I'd totally be in first place by now.

Snap.

Beano before, and there'll be no gas!

dana11302

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dana11302

That is a good point. But still, Latin has very flexible word order, so if you wanted to emphasize the substantive adjective "mortuus" is may be placed at the end. The begining and end of the statement are the most emphatic. "Amor est Mortuus" and "Amor mortuus est" are equally correct, but have subtle differences in the emphasis that would be up to the author to decide upon. Thanks for the catch!

broomcorn

wow, very nice, kinda sad too. nice colors, got a lot of brown shirts though.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=9504]When engine

I am sad that this has happened. We shouldn't have to double-check the spelling to make sure the entry is by someone. Not that I really have to worry about it, but I'm going to keep an eye out for supersprite now. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
snarkygal wrote:just because you haven't posted does NOT mean you haven't been around.

Just because he has a shirt about quitting doesn't mean he HAS been around.

The people you guys *should* be getting mad at is Woot. It's THEIR theme. It's THEIR "coincidence".

Anyone remember Damiendone? If damien had just pulled his "I'm going to threadless routine" you guys would all be cheering. Instead, because it's Cho, you're all raising hell. :P

Bryan818

Re: Run Away!!

theme?

Please check it out

RagsLax4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RagsLax4
Re: Know When to Fold

Great design, I would definitely buy

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez

Edited: Long, drawn out post about the gradient in the comp.

Good luck resubmitting, you will have my vote then.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
SkekTek wrote:Surprised this isn't doing better. I love it.

Thanks Skek!

jaleebcaru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaleebcaru
Re: KTHNXBAI!!!1

I really like the color, the absence of the horizon (can't really think of a good word for "earth-circle"), the sizing and positioning. Good luck!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:I found several thin books, stacked them up, photographed them, then photoshopped the titles I wanted to use onto them, drew a little whale on the front of one, then used my trace program to make a six color design, followed by adding a few layers and redrawing much of the resulting vector image. Sure, it isn't a soft, smoothed out design like you all favor so much, but I really wanted the look of old books, and since the whole entire composition came from me, from the concept to the imagery, to the titles of the books and the choices of specific books for irony's sake. There is also no clipart or any downoaded internet images. I'm happy with the effort that went into it. even though I traced it. Tracing was a technique I specifically chose in order to produce the look of the books that I wanted them to have. Hey, try my other design, if you don't like this one- it isn't traced- because that wouldn't produce the look that I wanted for the design. It's just another tool, see?

geez.

Oh stop. You don't need to defend yourself. You livetraced your own work. I did with mine too. They can deal. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

parkermc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages parkermc
eyeslikesugar wrote:Ok.. fair enough.. but you obviously have talent, and this shirt is not going over too well. Might I suggest removing it and doing a better one? =)

In 5th place with 48 votes and counting. No reason, whatsoever, to remove it.

cheesesandwich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheesesandwich
Re: I Wish I Knew How to Quit You

Very cute! I like it a lot and I voted accordingly.

AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm
Re: I Wish I Knew How to Quit You

LOVE IT. GMV.

btw, wearing angry day right now... one of favorite woot shirts so far.

>insert funny quote here<

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
Re: I Don't Wanna Play No More

Wow. This call makes me sad.

parkermc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages parkermc
peppersagooddog wrote:ban this users entire existance. no new names, no other accounts.
this is a horrible,wretched thing to do. copying someone's art is blasphemy, imo.
this is NOT a good representation of edgar's usual work. it has none of his humor, or depression in it. i am outraged. now i'm not going to say i have loved everything he has ever done, but stealing someone's identity in the art world is cruel and should be heavily punished.
my 2¢

I am in total agreement with this sentiment. Stealing someone's identity and posting 'art' under his name is sheer nastiness. It also smacks of pure envy and a screaming need for attention.

Who would create a design with the words, "Don't give up on me?" Hopefully, the staff can determine the IP address and/or other info. to track down the fraud.

As an aside: I am soooooo happy this isn't really Edgar's. I was very disappointed in it.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:shouldn't it really be "Amor mortuus est."? My memory of a lot of years of Latin is that in general we ended sentences with the verb, especially a straight statement like that one. granted, Latin was still a live language then, but still. ;^)

My two latin student friends say text can go in any order as long as it's conjugated properly. Not sure if that's true, but thought I'd say something. Obvsiouly you'd know, but doesn't that mean it's not necessarily incorrect, just awkward?

narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
Re: Voodon't!

hope u re-sub; this is cool!