JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Patchitect wrote:I dunno about anyone else.. but i sense a sharp decline in smiley happy feelings in the forums this derby.. i'm not sure what it is. but maybe its too much time discussing the shirts and not enough time discussing meal plans...



ROFLMAO.... on that thought...


Hungry? Wanna spear your food on the way home? Feel a little like shouting SSSSSSSSSSSSPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?!?!


wear this:

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

Congratulations to SBR for making it into the fog for the first time! YEAH!! I might get to buy the candle shirt. Yippee. But, please get the little monsters back into the fog too.

Patchitect


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect

Ok - One more late submission

You look like an angel
Walk like an angel
Talk like an angel
But I got wise
You're the devil in disguise
Oh yes you are
The devil in disguise


Vote em both into the fog, and get the matching set...

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
klswoot wrote:Congratulations to SBR for making it into the fog for the first time! YEAH!! I might get to buy the candle shirt. Yippee. But, please get the little monsters back into the fog too.



looks like the magic number is 215.

Also means well over 200 people think post-its and hoodies look better than any number of entries below them

2005vette


quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2005vette
AdderXYU wrote:looks like the magic number is 215.

Also means well over 200 people think post-its and hoodies look better than any number of entries below them



:P I think postits is an interesting idea and creative, but I dont see it on theme.

I think tomorrow morning there are gonna be alot of rejects.

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
AdderXYU wrote:looks like the magic number is 215.

Also means well over 200 people think post-its and hoodies look better than any number of entries below them



Still holding out hope for candle, monsters and bagged fish. That would be my ideal (yet costly) derby finale.

(No disrespect to Bryan, Shan or DarthV8r...you are equally deserving...just not my style of shirt this week.)

thatrobert


quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert

Check out my pocket protector shirt with extra filk pun. I was going to a full-on Nerd Bandolier but ran out of time:


klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
2005vette wrote::P I think postits is an interesting idea and creative, but I dont see it on theme.



It's not my favorite Shan24 design, but it is on theme. The post-its are applied to the shirt as a cheat sheet for the wearer of the shirt. I think if Shan had added a shadow under the post-its to really make them look 3D and curl away from the shirt, it would really look like the notes were attached to the shirt. Right now, they kind of float in front of it...at least that's how I see it. You can see the underside on a few of the notes, but a shadow cast onto the shirt would have really given the shirt the extra depth it needs to feel like the post-its are stuck to the shirt.

But, in Shan's defense, I do think it's on theme. It's not my style of shirt, but I can see it being popular with the woot crowd based on past derby winners.

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
AdderXYU wrote:looks like the magic number is 215.

Also means well over 200 people think post-its and hoodies look better than any number of entries below them



*grumbles*
I don't get it.... I just don't get it.

soothedbyrainfall


quality posts: 0 Private Messages soothedbyrainfall
ansharp wrote:::walks away, singing "Ain't nothin' gonna break-a my stride/Ain't nothin' gonna pull me down, oh no!...::



*giggles* tee-hees! "...I gotta keep on mooovehn..."

klswoot wrote:Congratulations to SBR for making it into the fog for the first time! YEAH!! I might get to buy the candle shirt. Yippee. But, please get the little monsters back into the fog too.



Thanks and also WAHOOO! Dunno If I'll get to stay there but it's nice to just be in the fog at looong last. However I did not want to bump Edgar's monsters cuz I want that one too!

soothedbyrainfall.net

brizz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
klswoot wrote:Still holding out hope for candle, monsters and bagged fish. That would be my ideal (yet costly) derby finale.

(No disrespect to Bryan, Shan or DarthV8r...you are equally deserving...just not my style of shirt this week.)



no they aren't....it's okay, you can say it

Patchitect


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
2005vette wrote::P I think postits is an interesting idea and creative, but I dont see it on theme.

I think tomorrow morning there are gonna be alot of rejects.



And i'm looking forward to being one...

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

thatrobert wrote:Check out my pocket protector shirt with extra filk pun. I was going to a full-on Nerd Bandolier but ran out of time:



And because it says Linux it's going to be rejected.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

brizz wrote:no they aren't....it's okay, you can say it



You're funny. Mean, and usually honest, but funny.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

snarkygal


quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
klswoot wrote:It's not my favorite Shan24 design, but it is on theme. The post-its are applied to the shirt as a cheat sheet for the wearer of the shirt. I think if Shan had added a shadow under the post-its to really make them look 3D and curl away from the shirt, it would really look like the notes were attached to the shirt. Right now, they kind of float in front of it...at least that's how I see it. You can see the underside on a few of the notes, but a shadow cast onto the shirt would have really given the shirt the extra depth it needs to feel like the post-its are stuck to the shirt.

But, in Shan's defense, I do think it's on theme. It's not my style of shirt, but I can see it being popular with the woot crowd based on past derby winners.



Sorry, but I have to disagree KLS, I don't think it is on theme at all, and I don't feel the post-its "float in front" of the shirt at all.

ansharp


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
soothedbyrainfall wrote:
*giggles* tee-hees! "...I gotta keep on mooovehn..."



Yes!

thatrobert


quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
superspryte wrote:And because it says Linux it's going to be rejected.



Really? Which rule did I miss hearing about?

yeeter


quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
superspryte wrote:If the lemur photo isn't yours this'll get rejected. Just saying.



I didn't just live trace it. It's my own impression of the picture. Granted the outline is pretty spot-on, but the shading and etcetera is my own. I think it's enough to say it's different. I supplied the source so you can see how I interpreted it. I posted a live trace version in the comments of my submission, so you can see I didn't just use that.

VOTE!

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
snarkygal wrote:Sorry, but I have to disagree KLS, I don't think it is on theme at all, and I don't feel the post-its "float in front" of the shirt at all.



No apologies necessary Snarky. It's seems on theme to me, can you tell me why you disagree. Just curious. I guess I'm missing something. (Isn't it trying to trick the viewer into thinking that post-its are stuck to the shirt?)

2005vette


quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2005vette
klswoot wrote:No apologies necessary Snarky. It's seems on theme to me, can you tell me why you disagree. Just curious. I guess I'm missing something. (Isn't it trying to trick the viewer into thinking that post-its are stuck to the shirt?)



After rereading the definition for the topic, I was mistaken. It is on theme... IMO.

brizz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
superspryte wrote:You're funny. Mean, and usually honest, but funny.



i'm not mean....just that honest part. but i never ever say something to be mean. The truth, as they say, sometimes hurts.

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

thatrobert wrote:Really? Which rule did I miss hearing about?


The one about copyrights. They've rejected any reference to linux I've ever seen. Someone else correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never seen one make it past the rejectobot.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

yeeter wrote:I didn't just live trace it. It's my own impression of the picture. Granted the outline is pretty spot-on, but the shading and etcetera is my own. I think it's enough to say it's different. I supplied the source so you can see how I interpreted it. I posted a live trace version in the comments of my submission, so you can see I didn't just use that.



I promise you it's going to be rejected. From my own experience. No amount of that sort of adjustment will help. Just trust me.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

brizz wrote:i'm not mean....just that honest part. but i never ever say something to be mean. The truth, as they say, sometimes hurts.



Keep telling yourself that. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

thatrobert


quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
superspryte wrote:The one about copyrights. They've rejected any reference to linux I've ever seen. Someone else correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never seen one make it past the rejectobot.



Don't believe there would be any kind of legal protection around open source stuff but maybe I'm missing something.

yeeter


quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
brizz wrote:i'm not mean....just that honest part. but i never ever say something to be mean. The truth, as they say, sometimes hurts.



Tact, they say, is making a point without making an enemy.

VOTE!

WonderWooter


quality posts: 6 Private Messages WonderWooter
klswoot wrote:It's not my favorite Shan24 design, but it is on theme. The post-its are applied to the shirt as a cheat sheet for the wearer of the shirt. I think if Shan had added a shadow under the post-its to really make them look 3D and curl away from the shirt, it would really look like the notes were attached to the shirt. Right now, they kind of float in front of it...at least that's how I see it. You can see the underside on a few of the notes, but a shadow cast onto the shirt would have really given the shirt the extra depth it needs to feel like the post-its are stuck to the shirt.

But, in Shan's defense, I do think it's on theme. It's not my style of shirt, but I can see it being popular with the woot crowd based on past derby winners.



agreed

Don't be sexist. Broads hate that.

shan24


quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24

Thanks to kls, WonderWooter, 2005vette, (and anyone else I may be leaving out--sorry!) for taking the high road. I appreciate that some or all of you wouldn't buy this design but thanks for defending its theme-ness. I esp. liked yeeter's quote above, I wish more people would live by that rule when posting here

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

thatrobert wrote:Don't believe there would be any kind of legal protection around open source stuff but maybe I'm missing something.



I wouldn't be too sure about that. LiveJournal is open source but the name itself is trademarked. Linux is also licensed.

PS - The *code* is open-source, not the name. You can put linux code all over a shirt if you like. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

snarkygal


quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
klswoot wrote:No apologies necessary Snarky. It's seems on theme to me, can you tell me why you disagree. Just curious. I guess I'm missing something. (Isn't it trying to trick the viewer into thinking that post-its are stuck to the shirt?)



The key to that sentence is "trying" but I don't feel it succeeded in the slightest bit. I feel it is flat. There is no sense of 3-d to me. It seems very flat to me.

bfassburg


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bfassburg

I have an idea to give away to a more skilled person with time on their hands. I could never pull this off, but I would love a shirt that shows my insides to be old and rusty gears locked together for eternity. The "insides showing" idea has been done, but I feel like this would be more meaningful than many of those entries. not quite as dark as a black-hole heart, but kinda like that feeling. Take it if you like it, ignore it if you don't.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
snarkygal wrote:The key to that sentence is "trying" but I don't feel it succeeded in the slightest bit. I feel it is flat. There is no sense of 3-d to me. It seems very flat to me.



I agree with you on that point. Like I said in an earlier post, the illusion of 3D could have been achieved by adding a shadow under the post it. It would have made the post its look like they were really attached to the shirt. For me, the flatness of the design makes the papers look like they are simply floating in front of the shirt and are not attached. But, Shan did curl the edges and overlap a few of them and in that way, you can tell that they are supposed to be on the shirt as a sort of cheat sheet to the wearer. I can't imagine that it would be rejected for being off-theme. Still seems on theme to me.

Zenne


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zenne
yeeter wrote:I didn't just live trace it. It's my own impression of the picture. Granted the outline is pretty spot-on, but the shading and etcetera is my own. I think it's enough to say it's different. I supplied the source so you can see how I interpreted it. I posted a live trace version in the comments of my submission, so you can see I didn't just use that.


The shading is your own in the sense that you physically did it. Beyond that, it is a pretty clear cut copy of the original photograph, a derivative work, and you are trying to make a few hundred dollars off of it. Take a look at this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derivative_work#Derivative_Work_Right
Or this, if you don't like wikipedia:
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/106.html

):

ansharp


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

Following bfassburg, I also tried to think of a way to make a shirt that makes its wearers look pregnant. I have no idea how one could do it, though I haven't thought too hard about it. I am surprised that a shirt like this doesn't already exist, but I'd love to see an attempt. I don't think it'd be a big seller, but to see one man wearing it would probably warm up this cold, empty heart of mine.

Arguendo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Arguendo

I usually find those shirt details the have an "actual" person in them off-putting (for no good reason -- it's a personal quirk), but now, when I actually would like to see these shirts on an "actual" person I don't seem to be able to find any.

Hm... I guess that's the way.

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Arguendo wrote:I usually find those shirt details the have an "actual" person in them off-putting (for no good reason -- it's a personal quirk), but now, when I actually would like to see these shirts on an "actual" person I don't seem to be able to find any.

Hm... I guess that's the way.


If it bothers you there's always photos of people on the internet and photo editing software. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

wooterer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooterer

Because I'm too afraid to wear real wife beater:

2005vette


quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2005vette

Here is my latest entry.

Falling Apart:


Comments??

jimmycho84


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimmycho84
wooterer wrote:Because I'm too afraid to wear real wife beater:



this is just bad, man. please take it down

wooterer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooterer
jimmycho84 wrote:this is just bad, man. please take it down



Is there something I can do to make it better?