shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
klswoot wrote:My pleasure Shan. You submit quality work week after week and have had designs 'flirt' with the fog in the past. You are definitely deserving of a win. From an earlier post, you were honestly surprised at the voters reaction to your design. It made it to the fog at an incredible rate. People obviously like it. It's not a design that everyone can wear (like me, for instance), but I can't see bashing it for that reason. It is clearly liked by a large audience.

So, I wish 'good luck' to all the foggers and the nearby contenders. It's the voters who are choosing the shirts for the fog. Bashing the designs and designers publicly isn't really going to have an impact on the overall vote. The voters in large part don't read these posts. I'd rather comment positively and with helpful critiques that might be useful in future designs.

Thanks again I wanted to tell you I was initially going to do a shirt with a coconut bra and a lei, but I googled "coconut bra shirt" and I saw one for sale on ebay so I scrapped it. Then I saw your lei shirts and I was doubly glad I didn't do one, your flowers came out much nicer than mine would have.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Bryan818 wrote:there's no way hoodie is getting printed... other shirts will pick up steam im sure... im actually scared that people are gonna come after me with pitch forks if that shirt gets printed! did you see the comments? yikes!

I've read the comments and truly there's no reason for people to get nasty. It happens every time there's a polarizing design and folks get all bent out of shape with something they don't like having a shot at getting printed.

As far as the hoodie shirt goes, will it get printed? Maybe. Will I personally buy it? No. But, judging from shirts that are on sale on other sites than this one, there is a market for that sort of thing. Same goes for the post-it shirt. People seem to like it, so obviously it's a worthy design.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
soothedbyrainfall wrote:It looks to me like Pocket Fishman, Anatomy Test and Couldn't Afford a Hoodie have the top three spots pretty sewn up with Edgar and I and (possibly Darthv8r) jockeying for 4th. The top three appear to have a pretty good lead so unless there is some huge voting surge for any of the other designs in the top ten, that's pretty much how I see things ending up.

You never can be quite sure. People may be re-arranging their votes. It's a different voting crowd during the day vs. at night. I'm still rooting for your design. It has amazing depth and great illusion of 3D. Fits the theme perfectly. I hope that woot can print the intricate details in the stars. Those are so impressive in the comp.

Best of luck for your first derby win. I'm pulling for you!

klswoot

shan24 wrote:Thanks again I wanted to tell you I was initially going to do a shirt with a coconut bra and a lei, but I googled "coconut bra shirt" and I saw one for sale on ebay so I scrapped it. Then I saw your lei shirts and I was doubly glad I didn't do one, your flowers came out much nicer than mine would have.

Thanks! That was my first design. It was the quickest one of all 7. Ideally, I'd like Woot to print it to the shoulders but I knew that wasn't possible. Then I thought about how DBH adds embroidery to their designs and thought that it would be cool if the buyers could string their own threads from the shoulder seam to the tips of the flowers. That would really give it the 3D effect.

Still...under a shirt or jacket, I think the leis could look pretty neat!

2005vette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2005vette

Im trying this on white to see what kind or response i can get.

Falling Apart (Redux)

yeeter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
derekfilley wrote:My wife and I spent all weekend moving to a new apartment, and I haven't had internet for a while.

I just saw that my shirt has been rejected, and honestly, I'm somewhat dissapointed that woot has consistently chosen my fogged designs to clarify their derby rules (often going against 20+ weeks of precedent) Oh well.

I won't re-submit this week. I've had my fill of whiny comments for a while and I'm not particularly eager to satiate them by reposting.

Example:"...not sure why you think the rules don't apply to you when it comes to these things, but you frequently skirt the rules and it's pretty unfair to everyone else who abides by them."

I mean dang, brotha. What exactly is causing all the latent hostility toward yours truly? Did you not get enough hugs as a child? Did I somehow manage to slight you in some way (real or imagined) at some point in our communal derby careers? Calm down son, it's just a friendly competition.

Additionally it's really difficult to regain momentum after a rejection (even an early one) Just look at Fablefire's 'Neverland', or my 'Voodon't' from last week. If you're in the fog and you get rejected, you're pretty much out of the running for the week.

I figured it was something like that, and that's too bad. I look forward to your next entry.

VOTE!

klswoot

artulo wrote:Good luck to you and Edgar to get up there. Both are great designs! I think you may be right about the lineup this week, though. Strange things are afoot. A place in the top ten for me is a victory in my mind for sure. Incentive for next time.

Artulo- I love your mouse entry. It's like the little sleeper in the top 10. I think the problem is that only four can get in the fog and Edgar and ShekTek's fish have the same cuteness scale for me as your entry. I have a few cream colored shirts and would prefer the brighter colors in Edgar and ShekTek's entry. Maybe this is true for the other voters as well. That could explain why you are so close, but not quite in the fog. Still, I LOVE your entry and it was very well drawn. My personal favorite is your fish design. (Still thinking it would have made a great daily!)

But don't give up. A lot of things can happen in the remaining days. It's actually very frustrating to be in the fog so early. Because you don't know what the voters are doing with the votes.

klswoot

2005vette wrote:Im trying this on white to see what kind or response i can get.

Falling Apart (Redux)

I prefer the design on the brighter colors. Losing some appeal to me when placed on the white background.

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
yeeter wrote:I figured it was something like that, and that's too bad. I look forward to your next entry.

thanks ;-)

I might be too busy to submit next week but i'll prolly come back with a vengeance in Derby 31. I like to take a break after every two consecutive fogged rejections anyway ;-)

Check out my blog:Here!

soothedbyrainfall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soothedbyrainfall
shan24 wrote:I don't know, soothed...according to shirtderbystats you're awfully close behind Anatomy Test. I am hoping we are both in the top 3 on Thursday at noon...but three more days is a long time, anything could happen. It's hard to watch!

I think Anatomy Test is much further ahead in votes then shirtderbystats says and that I'm hanging in the fog by a hair at this point. Just having made it into the fog at all is rather thrilling!

artulo wrote:Good luck to you and Edgar to get up there. Both are great designs! I think you may be right about the lineup this week, though. Strange things are afoot. A place in the top ten for me is a victory in my mind for sure. Incentive for next time.

Thanks muchly...and placing in the top ten is definitely not to be sneezed at. At least we're sure to get top ten badges on shirtderbystats!
'"Badges? I would like some stinkin' badges!"'

Bryan818 wrote:there's no way hoodie is getting printed... other shirts will pick up steam im sure... im actually scared that people are gonna come after me with pitch forks if that shirt gets printed! did you see the comments? yikes!

It very likely will get printed...the voters have spoken even if the haters have spoken louder

klswoot wrote:You never can be quite sure. People may be re-arranging their votes. It's a different voting crowd during the day vs. at night. I'm still rooting for your design. It has amazing depth and great illusion of 3D. Fits the theme perfectly. I hope that woot can print the intricate details in the stars. Those are so impressive in the comp.

Best of luck for your first derby win. I'm pulling for you!

Thanks again K, you've really made my day(s) with all your nice comments!

I gots to go feed my kid lunch now that she's back from her playgroup. Hopefully I'll be back on later this afternoon!

soothedbyrainfall.net

artulo

klswoot wrote:Artulo- I love your mouse entry. It's like the little sleeper in the top 10. I think the problem is that only four can get in the fog and Edgar and ShekTek's fish have the same cuteness scale for me as your entry. I have a few cream colored shirts and would prefer the brighter colors in Edgar and ShekTek's entry. Maybe this is true for the other voters as well. That could explain why you are so close, but not quite in the fog. Still, I LOVE your entry and it was very well drawn. My personal favorite is your fish design. (Still thinking it would have made a great daily!)

But don't give up. A lot of things can happen in the remaining days. It's actually very frustrating to be in the fog so early. Because you don't know what the voters are doing with the votes.

Awww, you're so nice! I'll smile the rest of the day now. I am redoing the fish as a daily (or perhaps another derby?) with six colors in the fish instead of four. Should be even better.

klswoot

artulo wrote:Awww, you're so nice! I'll smile the rest of the day now. I am redoing the fish as a daily (or perhaps another derby?) with six colors in the fish instead of four. Should be even better.

I just commented under your actual fish entry, but I'll write here too. My understanding is that Woot will not accept a daily design that resembles a derby entry. If you still have the little red 'x' next to your entry, you can remove it from the derby and then submit it as a daily. Just a thought....

artulo

klswoot wrote:I just commented under your actual fish entry, but I'll write here too. My understanding is that Woot will not accept a daily design that resembles a derby entry. If you still have the little red 'x' next to your entry, you can remove it from the derby and then submit it as a daily. Just a thought....

*poof*

thanks for the tip!

KenSPT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KenSPT

Wrong attitude dude, if it gets printed you should be proud ... proud that you came up with a design that people like.

Would I buy it? Probably not, but obviously if it's in the Fog people like it, and thus it deserves to be there.

Too many people want shirts that have some deep meaning, or some Jackson Pollock inspired design that no one can understand without a description. Sometimes simple is better, and I believe this is the case.

Don't worry about the insults, just be proud of your work ... then laugh a deep, hearty, laugh when this shirt sells out.

To the people hurling the insults, get over yourself, this is a freaking internet T-Shirt contest ... there's more important things in life.

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
soothedbyrainfall wrote:Thanks again K, you've really made my day(s) with all your nice comments!

I gots to go feed my kid lunch now that she's back from her playgroup. Hopefully I'll be back on later this afternoon!

i think all your entries this week are amazing... im especially surprised that the shadow puppet hasnt gotten a ton of votes, i think its probably the most eye tricking shirt in the derby...

Please check it out

ruesifus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ruesifus

'Hoodie and the Goldfish' has a nice ring to it! Any entries that have a cracked review mirror in them?

Bryan818

KenSPT wrote:Wrong attitude dude, if it gets printed you should be proud ... proud that you came up with a design that people like.

Would I buy it? Probably not, but obviously if it's in the Fog people like it, and thus it deserves to be there.

Too many people want shirts that have some deep meaning, or some Jackson Pollock inspired design that no one can understand without a description. Sometimes simple is better, and I believe this is the case.

Don't worry about the insults, just be proud of your work ... then laugh a deep, hearty, laugh when this shirt sells out.

To the people hurling the insults, get over yourself, this is a freaking internet T-Shirt contest ... there's more important things in life.

thank you kenspt.

I don't wanna get my hopes up tho... because last time i did that... my shirt got rejected right before the derby ended...

Please check it out

Bryan818

ruesifus wrote:'Hoodie and the Goldfish' has a nice ring to it! Any entries that have a cracked review mirror in them?

hahaha

Please check it out

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

klswoot wrote:Artulo- I love your mouse entry. It's like the little sleeper in the top 10. I think the problem is that only four can get in the fog and Edgar and ShekTek's fish have the same cuteness scale for me as your entry. I have a few cream colored shirts and would prefer the brighter colors in Edgar and ShekTek's entry. Maybe this is true for the other voters as well. That could explain why you are so close, but not quite in the fog. Still, I LOVE your entry and it was very well drawn. My personal favorite is your fish design. (Still thinking it would have made a great daily!)

Which is why we should have a bigger fog. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

KenSPT wrote:Well, I'm glad you didn't take the criticism as an insult, too many people do that and I definitely didn't want to come off that way.

You're right, I don't have kids, and I can see the point that this shirt isn't aimed at a 25 year old unmarried guy like myself.

Not every Derby is going to appeal to everyone, this one just isn't my cup of tea ... it happens.

Whereas I'm completely in love with this theme.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

TAYLORT5 wrote:going for a cake I baked iced and took the picture type thing. vending machine.

work in progress.

Yum.

couchpanda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages couchpanda

can we have a chinese new year's or chinese zodiac shirt contest next?

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

I had to say, reading THIS page was a real treat. I like how designers are complimenting each other. That's the way it should be.

I must say, I really like this one:

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

couchpanda wrote:can we have a chinese new year's or chinese zodiac shirt contest next?

Oh man. I think we need to have a Norooz derby after that. For me. "Happy new year to you, Spryte, and here's a few awesome shirts for you to wear that relate to your heritage." Yeah.

I don't know if they'd go the Chinese New Year/Zodiac route. I'd like it, but it doesn't look like they like holiday-specific themes since Halloweenie.

artulo

superspryte wrote:Which is why we should have a bigger fog. ^_^

Yes!!! Expand the fog to the top ten.

Edit: I also think they should get rid of the "I'd want one" buttons on the thumbnails, and only have them below the comp image. That forces you to view the whole thing.

wooterer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooterer
AdderXYU wrote:Sprite, you can go through Wooterer's legacy on shirtderbystats. He is quite possibly the worst designer woot has to offer. And that includes Heather Pickens.

Well, I just saw design you've submitted for this derby. You can seriously compete with me as the worst woot designer here, man...

soothedbyrainfall

...and I'm back! Didja miss me?

Bryan818 wrote:i think all your entries this week are amazing... im especially surprised that the shadow puppet hasnt gotten a ton of votes, i think its probably the most eye tricking shirt in the derby...

Thanks Bryan!

superspryte wrote:Whereas I'm completely in love with this theme.

Me too! I have so many ideas still....maybe they'll make an appearance later on as dailies or something...unless I decide to try my luck at Threadless or DBH. Is it possible to be a professional tshirt design contest enterer?

superspryte wrote:I don't know if they'd go the Chinese New Year/Zodiac route. I'd like it, but it doesn't look like they like holiday-specific themes since Halloweenie.

I think it would be awesome good fun to design for such a theme. I'd probably do a giant crab wrestling with a dragon; it would be on theme but still generic enough to just be a quirky design that would appeal to others who aren't cancer/dragons such as myself. Maybe. But then I thought Snake Bouquet was a neat design while most people thought it was a bunch of male appendages so what do I know, heh.

soothedbyrainfall.net

bfassburg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bfassburg

Thanks for all the votes people! I was really just trying to beat my previous best vote total of 17 and now I might actually get to 100.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

soothedbyrainfall wrote:...and I'm back! Didja miss me?

I think it would be awesome good fun to design for such a theme. I'd probably do a giant crab wrestling with a dragon; it would be on theme but still generic enough to just be a quirky design that would appeal to others who aren't cancer/dragons such as myself. Maybe. But then I thought Snake Bouquet was a neat design while most people thought it was a bunch of male appendages so what do I know, heh.

Mine would have to be a ram and a rat. Yep, the first sign in both of the zodiacs. And people wonder why I'm all about me. ^_~

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
ruesifus wrote:'Hoodie and the Goldfish' has a nice ring to it! Any entries that have a cracked review mirror in them?

Wow! That's genius... I don't honestly think we could have planned that any better or predicted that even if we tried.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Awww, I lost a vote. T_T;

bfassburg

Hey med students and doctors! A certain holiday in April is coming up and I'm sure you have barely even thought about it. Now you won't even need to give it any thought at all. You just need to vote. Imagine the surprised look you'll see on your patients' faces when you come to see them wearing this! You just need to vote for it to get made!

Also available in blood free!

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
bfassburg wrote:Thanks for all the votes people! I was really just trying to beat my previous best vote total of 17 and now I might actually get to 100.

I'm with you. I just wanted to make it to middledom after my initial 100-something place last week. I can't believe I'm in the top 20 with over 100 votes. They must be all pity votes! But I join bf in saying thanks, guys! you're swell.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

ansharp wrote:I'm with you. I just wanted to make it to middledom after my initial 100-something place last week. I can't believe I'm in the top 20 with over 100 votes. They must be all pity votes! But I join bf in saying thanks, guys! you're swell.

In my first active derby I walk talking to KLS via PM and said something about being happy that the votes for all of my entries totaled to 20. I was really happy that I could garner the interest of that many people. It seems that we outgrow some things. >_<;

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

I was hoping that someone would submit a black hole design- a black hole sucking the t-shirt material in, ripping it (as it gets closer to the center) into molecules and down a vortex... I'd love to see someone tackle that- it's beyond my abilities...

ansharp

SkekTek wrote:I was hoping that someone would submit a black hole design- a black hole sucking the t-shirt material in, ripping it (as it gets closer to the center) into molecules and down a vortex... I'd love to see someone tackle that- it's beyond my abilities...

I tried, but it was truly beyond my capabilities. I always think of black holes as being identified by bending light, hence my design. Your take on it is different and interesting. The black hole idea is something I'd like to keep working on because, as all of my friends could tell you, I really need to have a shirt that tells the world that my heart is a black hole. hehe. Maybe I'll submit a daily in a few months or so, which is how long it would take me to design it well.

ansharp

superspryte wrote:In my first active derby I walk talking to KLS via PM and said something about being happy that the votes for all of my entries totaled to 20. I was really happy that I could garner the interest of that many people. It seems that we outgrow some things. >_<;

I find it truly incredible that 100+ people would be willing to pay money for a shirt I'd designed. And none of those are family members! I hope to keep that perspective as I continue designing shirts, but I'm sure I'll become just a snobby as I always do. ; )

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
ansharp wrote:I find it truly incredible that 100+ people would be willing to pay money for a shirt I'd designed. And none of those are family members! I hope to keep that perspective as I continue designing shirts, but I'm sure I'll become just a snobby as I always do. ; )

Not that it's overly relevant, but for future knowledge, ansharp, I don't think that woot can do any sort of justice to your sparke design, it would print pretty poorly, I believe. The thin lines overlapping will end up losing the lines, and getting splotchy where they come close. Just FYI.

soothedbyrainfall

Probably nothing more than a desperate ploy but maybe posting a pic of Soul Glow on a person will help me get back into the hotness?

soothedbyrainfall.net

bfassburg

soothedbyrainfall wrote:Probably nothing more than a desperate ploy but maybe posting a pic of Soul Glow on a person will help me get back into the hotness?

It really looks 3D. I think this is the best entry for this theme so far. Now if a bunch of other people agree this will surely be made.