klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
soothedbyrainfall wrote:Probably nothing more than a desperate ploy but maybe posting a pic of Soul Glow on a person will help me get back into the hotness?

That looks soooo good!

soothedbyrainfall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soothedbyrainfall
bfassburg wrote:It really looks 3D. I think this is the best entry for this theme so far. Now if a bunch of other people agree this will surely be made.

Aye, there's the rub, my friend ;-)

soothedbyrainfall.net

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

I love lots of shirts in the top 20, but I really want Edgar's. T_T

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
soothedbyrainfall wrote:Aye, there's the rub, my friend ;-)

I have to agree... it's really impressive.

soothedbyrainfall

JadenKale wrote:I have to agree... it's really impressive.

Thankee

soothedbyrainfall.net

bfassburg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bfassburg
superspryte wrote:I love lots of shirts in the top 20, but I really want Edgar's. T_T

That is my wife's favorite too. A little too girly for me, but I voted so if it wins she can have it. It would be perfect for kids too, so people with kids should consider that when voting. I really liked Edgar's pulp fiction shirt he did a couple of weeks back. Any chance he gets his own shirts made when he gets the rights back? He has a very unique style and I honestly think he would have no problem working as an illustrator for children's books (if he isn't already doing that already).

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
superspryte wrote:I love lots of shirts in the top 20, but I really want Edgar's. T_T

I agree. Edgar's is at the top of my list but I wish we could pick out of the top 10. Rather improbable, mostly impossible - but, there you have it :D. I like your design too Spryte. GMV.

heartluce

bfassburg wrote:That is my wife's favorite too. A little too girly for me, but I voted so if it wins she can have it. It would be perfect for kids too, so people with kids should consider that when voting. I really liked Edgar's pulp fiction shirt he did a couple of weeks back. Any chance he gets his own shirts made when he gets the rights back? He has a very unique style and I honestly think he would have no problem working as an illustrator for children's books (if he isn't already doing that already).

I also adored that Pulp Fiction shirt. So clever and well-designed. One of my favorites of his, though I think this is my favorite over-all.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

heartluce wrote:I agree. Edgar's is at the top of my list but I wish we could pick out of the top 10. Rather improbable, mostly impossible - but, there you have it :D. I like your design too Spryte.

^_^ Thanks.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
bluchez wrote:Not that it's overly relevant, but for future knowledge, ansharp, I don't think that woot can do any sort of justice to your sparke design, it would print pretty poorly, I believe. The thin lines overlapping will end up losing the lines, and getting splotchy where they come close. Just FYI.

Thanks, but I figured as much. I didn't think I could even get to where I am now, so I really didn't let print quality deter my design. And frankly, I couldn't think of any other way to do it.

bfassburg

soothedbyrainfall wrote:Aye, there's the rub, my friend ;-)

The votes were rolling in last night... maybe it's just the wrong time of day. The hotness has a really low threshold right now, so maybe its just slow.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

heartluce

superspryte wrote:^_^ Thanks.

Yvw. Sometimes it's disheartening to see ones you love just slip by. Of course, I'd be a lot broker.... ha.

bfassburg

bfassburg wrote:The votes were rolling in last night... maybe it's just the wrong time of day. The hotness has a really low threshold right now, so maybe its just slow.

correction, it is in the hotness.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

heartluce wrote:Yvw. Sometimes it's disheartening to see ones you love just slip by. Of course, I'd be a lot broker.... ha.

Mine is very strange this derby. It doesn't get *any* votes during the day, maybe one every few hours. Then I go to bed and wake up and the vote fairy crapped on it. Saturday night it got half again as many votes overnight as it got in the previous 24+ hours. It's weird, exciting, nerve-wracking and slightly disturbing all at the same time.

bfassburg

superspryte wrote:Mine is very strange this derby. It doesn't get *any* votes during the day, maybe one every few hours. Then I go to bed and wake up and the vote fairy crapped on it. Saturday night it got half again as many votes overnight as it got in the previous 24+ hours. It's weird, exciting, nerve-wracking and slightly disturbing all at the same time.

It is weird. I woke up in the hotness this morning. Since then only 8 or so votes.

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
bfassburg wrote:It is weird. I woke up in the hotness this morning. Since then only 8 or so votes.

it's a fickle crowd

Please check it out

soothedbyrainfall

superspryte wrote:Then I go to bed and wake up and the vote fairy crapped on it.

*giggles* tee-hees!

soothedbyrainfall.net

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

soothedbyrainfall wrote:*giggles* tee-hees!

I was rather proud of myself for that one. ^_~

bfassburg

Today has been very quiet and there have been no rejections to speak of, so it feels like the quiet before the storm. I'm sure I'll get home from work and find that 86% of all entries have been rejected and Joel will have a massive case of carpel tunnel syndrome.

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
soothedbyrainfall wrote:It looks to me like Pocket Fishman, Anatomy Test and Couldn't Afford a Hoodie have the top three spots pretty sewn up with Edgar and I and (possibly Darthv8r) jockeying for 4th. The top three appear to have a pretty good lead so unless there is some huge voting surge for any of the other designs in the top ten, that's pretty much how I see things ending up.

the main round of rejections has yet to happen today...i'd reserve judgment until then. if they are serious about policing the them the I expect a complete annihilation of the top 30...

bfassburg

brizz wrote:the main round of rejections has yet to happen today...i'd reserve judgment until then. if they are serious about policing the them the I expect a complete annihilation of the top 30...

I don't know what their working hours are, but if it's based in Texas like the main woot site, they have about an hour for rejections.

brizz

derekfilley wrote:My wife and I spent all weekend moving to a new apartment, and I haven't had internet for a while.

I just saw that my shirt has been rejected, and honestly, I'm somewhat dissapointed that woot has consistently chosen my fogged designs to clarify their derby rules (often going against 20+ weeks of precedent) Oh well.

I won't re-submit this week. I've had my fill of whiny comments for a while and I'm not particularly eager to satiate them by reposting.

Example:"...not sure why you think the rules don't apply to you when it comes to these things, but you frequently skirt the rules and it's pretty unfair to everyone else who abides by them."

I mean dang, brotha. What exactly is causing all the latent hostility toward yours truly? Did you not get enough hugs as a child? Did I somehow manage to slight you in some way (real or imagined) at some point in our communal derby careers? Calm down son, it's just a friendly competition.

Additionally it's really difficult to regain momentum after a rejection (even an early one) Just look at Fablefire's 'Neverland', or my 'Voodon't' from last week. If you're in the fog and you get rejected, you're pretty much out of the running for the week.

you get rejected because you skirt the rules. it's really pretty simple. don't act so innocent in it all. you are hardly a victim of unfair persecution. You've done nothing to me personally, but I find it rather unseemly that week in and week out you submit things with comps and details outside the rules to try and get an edge. It's unfair, and woot continues to tell you as much by rejecting your attempts to get around the rules, and then you cry foul.

ruesifus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ruesifus
bfassburg wrote: a massive case of carpel tunnel syndrome.

??

a massive case of carpet tunnel syndrome

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

brizz wrote:you get rejected because you skirt the rules. it's really pretty simple. don't act so innocent in it all. you are hardly a victim of unfair persecution. You've done nothing to me personally, but I find it rather unseemly that week in and week out you submit things with comps and details outside the rules to try and get an edge. It's unfair, and woot continues to tell you as much by rejecting your attempts to get around the rules, and then you cry foul.

He doesn't "cry foul" so much because it was rejected, but because it took so long for them to decide that. The rules suddenly changed; it was being allowed and suddenly not so much. In these past couple weeks it's felt like a lot of that's been happening.

Try not to think on it too much. ^_^

bfassburg

ruesifus wrote:??

He looks like he is going to throw up from eating too much, like that kid on Big Daddy! Funny picture either way.

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818

hahahaha

Please check it out

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Hee-larious.

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
superspryte wrote:He doesn't "cry foul" so much because it was rejected, but because it took so long for them to decide that. The rules suddenly changed; it was being allowed and suddenly not so much. In these past couple weeks it's felt like a lot of that's been happening.

Try not to think on it too much. ^_^

(about his design this derby) You've been unable to print on the bottom of the shirt since the derby began AND it was rejected VERY early on. (Friday or Saturday, I do believe) So, "it took so long for them to decide that" and "The rules suddenly changed" do not apply to his entry this derby.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

eyeslikesugar wrote:(about his design this derby) You've been unable to print on the bottom of the shirt since the derby began AND it was rejected VERY early on. (Friday or Saturday, I do believe) So, "it took so long for them to decide that" and "The rules suddenly changed" do not apply to his entry this derby.

But that's not the listed rejection reason either. In the past his comps have been aimed more towards the marketing aspect than telling woot where and how to print his shirt, such as the grafeeti foot with a shirt color I still don't think looks like navy (voted for the it, by the way). The foot wasn't rejected for a misleading comp, nor was it rejected for the gradient in the thumb. These past two entries have. I don't disagree with the rejections; woot needs to decide definitively one way or the other and did so. I agree with Derek that it vacuums that after so long of letting it go they suddenly cracked down though. It was bound to happen, but that doesn't mean he can't be exasperated by it. I'm not saying this week's entry (or last week's) shouldn't have been rejected. I'm not defending his use of various tactics and techniques. I can see why he'd be disappointed.

And I don't see what being rejected on Friday or Saturday has to do with anything...? Unless you thought I meant they took forever deliberating on his particular entry this derby? I was talking about the entirety of derbies, not just this one. Like he's said, he's been doing what he's been doing for several derbies.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
superspryte wrote:But that's not the listed rejection reason either. In the past his comps have been aimed more towards the marketing aspect than telling woot where and how to print his shirt, such as the grafeeti foot with a shirt color I still don't think looks like navy (voted for the it, by the way). The foot wasn't rejected for a misleading comp, nor was it rejected for the gradient in the thumb. These past two entries have. I don't disagree with the rejections; woot needs to decide definitively one way or the other and did so. I agree with Derek that it vacuums that after so long of letting it go they suddenly cracked down though. It was bound to happen, but that doesn't mean he can't be exasperated by it. I'm not saying this week's entry (or last week's) shouldn't have been rejected. I'm not defending his use of various tactics and techniques. I can see why he'd be disappointed.

And I don't see what being rejected on Friday or Saturday has to do with anything...? Unless you thought I meant they took forever deliberating on his particular entry this derby? I was talking about the entirety of derbies, not just this one. Like he's said, he's been doing what he's been doing for several derbies.

I think Woot has been very consistent about rejecting entries that don't show the entire design as it fits on the shirt in the large shirt comp image. Isn't that why this was rejected?

To me, it's pretty easy to avoid rejection- all you need to do is show your design as clearly as possible. That's what people should be voting on anyway.

It still vacuums to get rejected, though.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Let me take this opportunity to direct everyone to an area created with the intention of keep happy feelings around. You can talk about dinner if you want, or what color you want to make your hair or whatever else you want. Sound too good to be true? Not so! Let's all have some happy time here.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

geekfactor12 wrote:I think Woot has been very consistent about rejecting entries that don't show the entire design as it fits on the shirt in the large shirt comp image. Isn't that why this was rejected?

To me, it's pretty easy to avoid rejection- all you need to do is show your design as clearly as possible. That's what people should be voting on anyway.

It still vacuums to get rejected, though.

Agreed on all counts except the very first part. There hasn't been too much consistency for rejection, but I do think it's getting better. ^_^

fablefire

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fablefire

Ha.ha... "easy to avoid rejection..."

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
superspryte wrote:Agreed on all counts except the very first part. There hasn't been too much consistency for rejection, but I do think it's getting better. ^_^

The one thing that I think has always been consistent is that if your shirt comp image doesn't show the full design, as it would print and on a shirt, you will be rejected. I think every design with more than 20 votes or so has had to play by that rule.

Woot isn't consistent with some of the other rules (gradients are the biggie there), but I think the comp image rule has been pretty strictly enforced since day one.

ruesifus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ruesifus
fablefire wrote:Ha.ha... "easy to avoid rejection..."

This has worked for me so far:
1) Do not insist that your date read your Transformer/furry slash fiction on first date.
2) Do not hang framed restraining orders in living room.
3)No belly zerberts
4) Do not plead that they purchase electronic poker sets so they can place votes for my shirts.
5)

cwarrington

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwarrington

Volunteer Moderator

geekfactor12 wrote:The one thing that I think has always been consistent is that if your shirt comp image doesn't show the full design, as it would print and on a shirt, you will be rejected. I think every design with more than 20 votes or so has had to play by that rule.

Woot isn't consistent with some of the other rules (gradients are the biggie there), but I think the comp image rule has been pretty strictly enforced since day one.

I tried to give derek a warning less than an hour into the derby. Woot gave a template because that's the way they want it done. Even with the other 'better' templates floating around. If you don't use theirs you're always taking a chance on a rejection.

Again this is just my opinion, but marketing and designing your comp is ok (normally) but you need in the least to have a 'full' picture of the shirt comp.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

cwarrington wrote:I tried to give derek a warning less than an hour into the derby. Woot gave a template because that's the way they want it done. Even with the other 'better' templates floating around. If you don't use theirs you're always taking a chance on a rejection.

Again this is just my opinion, but marketing and designing your comp is ok (normally) but you need in the least to have a 'full' picture of the shirt comp.

I'm just glad we're getting definitive answers to stuff. Makes it easier to skirt rejection later.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

5 more votes puts Atlantis back in 9th place. Please vote. ^_^

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar

Pimping my late submission shirt:

Made of Fun!
(confetti)

Please vote!

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

brizz

superspryte wrote:5 more votes puts Atlantis back in 9th place. Please vote. ^_^

I don't believe you....you lied to us. 100% hand drawn with a mouse my ass. I'm so disappointed in this...especially since I was encouraged by your "progress" as a designer....pretty damned seedy.