superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

TAYLORT5 wrote:thank you very much too.

Don't thank me. If I hadn't done it someone else would've. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
artulo wrote:It's been awhile...ask and ye shall receive

The last time we really heard from heatherpickens was the winter derby.

Man, I want every single one of those shirts!

KenSPT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KenSPT

I think the next Derby topic should be "Online Forums" ... that would be entertaining ... :-)

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
KenSPT wrote:I think the next Derby topic should be "Online Forums" ... that would be entertaining ... :-)

There'd be so many stick figures fighting that I think I would begin to see the world in black lines.

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
HotIceCream wrote:isn't heather like 8 years old?

probably, i wasnt makin fun, it was just the point that some people will always submit even if it isnt great work...

ok so how about that ummm

ummm...

last derby was good... what kinda theme would we like next week?

Please check it out

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Bryan818 wrote:probably, i wasnt makin fun, it was just the point that some people will always submit even if it isnt great work...

ummm...

Unfortunately for me most of the major themes of my life have been done already (music, for example). Dance would be fun. History would be disastrous. Has there been one for colors? That could be cool.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Bryan818 wrote:probably, i wasnt makin fun, it was just the point that some people will always submit even if it isnt great work...

ummm...

I think woot! should give us a theme list and we could vote on it.

Bryan818

artulo wrote:I think woot! should give us a theme list and we could vote on it.

ohhhhh nice

Please check it out

wootdstewart00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootdstewart00

C'mon guys/gals. Boot everyone out of the fog and place Edgar on high.. He deserves it for originality and fun. Aww, sweetie-lumpkins the hoodie t. It will look awful in print.

"The problem with reality is that there is no background music".

artulo

superspryte wrote:Unfortunately for me most of the major themes of my life have been done already (music, for example). Dance would be fun. History would be disastrous. Has there been one for colors? That could be cool.

When was the last time some serious restrictions were placed on what ink colors/shirt colors could be used, if ever? I don't mean no text/memes/etc. Real restrictions. It'd be great to see what people come up with. They have to be overstocked on some colors of shirts...like orange isn't so popular. Or Lemon.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

While the two drowning cat joke entries are cute and gaining votes, it would be nice to have those spots in the hotness saved for shirts seriously trying to compete for a derby win. For many designs, the time in the hotness really matters and if these are just joke designs, it's a bit of a shame that they are using up hotness spots. (Now, if these were NOT joke entries, then my mistake...carry on.)

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

klswoot wrote:While the two drowning cat joke entries are cute and gaining votes, it would be nice to have those spots in the hotness saved for shirts seriously trying to compete for a derby win. For many designs, the time in the hotness really matters and if these are just joke designs, it's a bit of a shame that they are using up hotness spots. (Now, if these were NOT joke entries, then my mistake...carry on.)

We're not entirely sure...

artulo

klswoot wrote:While the two drowning cat joke entries are cute and gaining votes, it would be nice to have those spots in the hotness saved for shirts seriously trying to compete for a derby win. For many designs, the time in the hotness really matters and if these are just joke designs, it's a bit of a shame that they are using up hotness spots. (Now, if these were NOT joke entries, then my mistake...carry on.)

As much as I'd like to see my own (or some other worthy shirt) in the hotness, should either one of those shirts, jokes or not, go up for sale I wouldn't hesitate at all to hit the "I Want One" button.

klswoot

superspryte wrote:We're not entirely sure...

Oh...Okay, then. I wasn't sure. From the discussion in the other forum, it sounded like they were just doing these designs to test the rejection hammer. If so, I think it is a bit unkind to use up 'hotness' spots that could be useful for more deserving, serious contenders. (Not me, of course!) But, the ones in slots 5-10 who could benefit from the exposure.

I would imagine that the Jimiyo's entry might flirt with rejection...but the parody might survive.

In any event, if they were meant as serious contenders, then no harm done.

tgentry

quality posts: 109 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

I think it might be cool to have a design with a samurai or viking sword in a scabbard on the back of the shirt. Anyone know if this has been done somewhere? Or in this derby?

klswoot

Josephus wrote:I really like the design, I just think the voters don't vote for a design. My favorite of yours, probably ever, is the one where you suffocated your husband. I'm just guessing you just bought a big freezer with a lock? ;^)

seriously, it reminds me of William Hurt in Altered States. very cool look.

It doesn't sound so nice when you refer to it as the 'one when you suffocated your husband". In case you are interested, here's one of the pictures I took to get the look. He was a good sport to let me play around with him and the lighting, etc. I tried to have hands pushing through the shirt too. But, it was hard to get everything into the 16x20 template without losing perspective. So, I dropped the hands and used only the head.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

klswoot wrote:Oh...Okay, then. I wasn't sure. From the discussion in the other forum, it sounded like they were just doing these designs to test the rejection hammer. If so, I think it is a bit unkind to use up 'hotness' spots that could be useful for more deserving, serious contenders. (Not me, of course!) But, the ones in slots 5-10 who could benefit from the exposure.

I would imagine that the Jimiyo's entry might flirt with rejection...but the parody might survive.

In any event, if they were meant as serious contenders, then no harm done.

I'd imagine they are halfway jokes. Serious but not with enough time invested (in jimiyo's case, can't speak for the parody) to care if it gets rejected.

bfassburg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bfassburg
artulo wrote:As much as I'd like to see my own (or some other worthy shirt) in the hotness, should either one of those shirts, jokes or not, go up for sale I wouldn't hesitate at all to hit the "I Want One" button.

The zombie version wouldn't be as good without Jimiyo's version either, so they should sell both together... 2forTuesday?

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

klswoot wrote:It doesn't sound so nice when you refer to it as the 'one when you suffocated your husband". In case you are interested, here's one of the pictures I took to get the look. He was a good sport to let me play around with him and the lighting, etc. I tried to have hands pushing through the shirt too. But, it was hard to get everything into the 16x20 template without losing perspective. So, I dropped the hands and used only the head.

Love it.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez

Just in case anyone cares, referring to someone's entry as a joke, without them ever claiming so, can be taken as offensive, whether you intend it or not.

Edit: Notice, this was NOT a response to a specific post, but several. Please don't respond with how you were not meaning it offensive in YOUR post.

bfassburg

bluchez wrote:...referring to someone's entry as a joke, without them ever claiming so...

You are right. I thought Jimiyo was goofing around when I previously posted that I thought he posted it as a joke, but looking back at the posts in the pucker shirt thread-- He only posted once. The rest of the responses didn't include him and he may never have seen them.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

klswoot

bluchez wrote:Just in case anyone cares, referring to someone's entry as a joke, without them ever claiming so, can be taken as offensive, whether you intend it or not.

Edit: Notice, this was NOT a response to a specific post, but several. Please don't respond with how you were not meaning it offensive in YOUR post.

Well, if you post the picture of a LOLcat copyrighted image and say that it can be "thrown together" in a certain amount of time so long as 300 people vote, does that sound like someone taking the process serious? That doesn't sound serious to me. It sounds like someone trying to gain votes on a LOLcat trend and has a high likelihood of rejection.

I still feel that the hotness means a lot to designers in the top 10 and it's a shame if these shirts are simply trying to test the limits of the rejection hammer and using up hotness spots insodoing.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
klswoot wrote:Well, if you post the picture of a LOLcat copyrighted image and say that it can be "thrown together" in a certain amount of time so long as 300 people vote, does that sound like someone taking the process serious? That doesn't sound serious to me. It sounds like someone trying to gain votes on a LOLcat trend and has a high likelihood of rejection.

I still feel that the hotness means a lot to designers in the top 10 and it's a shame if these shirts are simply trying to test the limits of the rejection hammer and using up hotness spots insodoing.

This is basically the same argument as why the fog shouldn't have crap in it. People vote off the fog and the hotness, and far fewer take the time to browse the entries. It's exactly like independent candidates. The Fog is huckabee, mccain, obama, clinton, the hotness is whatever smaller candidate might be getting a push or extra press, and everyone else are the indies that the majority of the country won't ever put any effort into learning about. Some are crap, and some deserve a fair shot at the fog. People who claim that "if it was that good, it'd be there" don't have any concept of how people vote.

bluchez

AdderXYU wrote:This is basically the same argument as why the fog shouldn't have crap in it. People vote off the fog and the hotness, and far fewer take the time to browse the entries. It's exactly like independent candidates. The Fog is huckabee, mccain, obama, clinton, the hotness is whatever smaller candidate might be getting a push or extra press, and everyone else are the indies that the majority of the country won't ever put any effort into learning about. Some are crap, and some deserve a fair shot at the fog. People who claim that "if it was that good, it'd be there" don't have any concept of how people vote.

I have a pretty good concept about how people vote ;)

klswoot

AdderXYU wrote:This is basically the same argument as why the fog shouldn't have crap in it. People vote off the fog and the hotness, and far fewer take the time to browse the entries. It's exactly like independent candidates. The Fog is huckabee, mccain, obama, clinton, the hotness is whatever smaller candidate might be getting a push or extra press, and everyone else are the indies that the majority of the country won't ever put any effort into learning about. Some are crap, and some deserve a fair shot at the fog. People who claim that "if it was that good, it'd be there" don't have any concept of how people vote.

Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT calling these designs poorly executed, or jokes in how they were designed. Just that they are "jokes" in the sense that one is mocking the other and the initial one looks like the original funny photo. I actually like the parody tshirt. But, I get the feeling that the first one was done as a 'test' and the second one as a parody of the first. In this way, they both get the hotness spots due to their connection to the LOLcat trend. If they can seriously fight for 300 votes and move into the fog....then go for it. Otherwise, I feel bad for the ones being pushed out of the hotness while the LOLcat awaits its fate.

Hey....maybe these have a legitimate chance. If so, then best of luck and carry on. Please don't get me wrong, I think they are drawn well and not 'jokes' in how they were drawn.....just what they are trying to say with the design.

2005vette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2005vette

Did Woot take the week off?? There has been no Rejections since last week... And there is definitely some carp... Kinda odd...

bluchez

No idea what this graph means, but it looks cool:

soothedbyrainfall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soothedbyrainfall
AdderXYU wrote:... The Fog is huckabee, mccain, obama, clinton...

ooh! ooh! Can I please be Obama?
Wish I were back in the hotness too though...for a while there I was thinking I might eke out a 3rd place spot but now the Hoodie is gaining again.

soothedbyrainfall.net

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
2005vette wrote:Did Woot take the week off?? There has been no Rejections since last week... And there is definitely some carp... Kinda odd...

They don't love us anymore. T_T

soothedbyrainfall

bluchez wrote:No idea what this graph means, but it looks cool:

Looks like Pacman after a lower jaw-ectomy.

soothedbyrainfall.net

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
artulo wrote:It's been awhile...ask and ye shall receive

The last time we really heard from heatherpickens was the winter derby.

She slipped one into the quitter derby too:

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=9715

Gave her crayons a break, though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

Bryan818

soothedbyrainfall wrote:Looks like Pacman after a lower jaw-ectomy.

pacman with the T virus

Please check it out

bfassburg

2005vette wrote:Did Woot take the week off?? There has been no Rejections since last week... And there is definitely some carp... Kinda odd...

They've now gone through the second crate of the monkey wine in the woot conference room. It's a drinking game... one shot every time someone asks one of the following:
1) what is woot doing?
2) why haven't they rejected anybody since Saturday?
3) was this live traced?
4) why are lolcats in the hotness?

bluchez

soothedbyrainfall wrote:Looks like Pacman after a lower jaw-ectomy.

Actually, wait, I lied. I do know what it means.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5

unpopular to do but still here it is.the original and tasty picture.all mine recipe and execution VOTE CAKE FOR YOUR SHIRT SHIRT FOR YOUR CAKEhttp://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=10071

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
soothedbyrainfall wrote:ooh! ooh! Can I please be Obama?

I'd say that makes sense. I figure the Fish is more McCain than Obama. The post-its would probably be hillary. The hoodie is DEFINITELY Huckabee.

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
bfassburg wrote:They've now gone through the second crate of the monkey wine in the woot conference room. It's a drinking game... one shot every time someone asks one of the following:
1) what is woot doing?
2) why haven't they rejected anybody since Saturday?
3) was this live traced?
4) why are lolcats in the hotness?

Ya gotta drink half the bottle if a riot ensues. XD

artulo

JadenKale wrote:Ya gotta drink half the bottle if a riot ensues. XD

C'mon now. The monkey prize is too good to chug!

edit: they're probably busy packing and shipping shirts...my owl shirt shipped already even though I didn't pay the extra $5 for overnight

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

JadenKale wrote:Ya gotta drink half the bottle if a riot ensues. XD

A full one if it spans multiple fora.

soothedbyrainfall

I just hope everything's ok back at the Fortress of Wootitude.

soothedbyrainfall.net