eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
soothedbyrainfall wrote:ooh! ooh! Can I please be Obama?
Wish I were back in the hotness too though...for a while there I was thinking I might eke out a 3rd place spot but now the Hoodie is gaining again.

Out of all the ones in the fog; you would sincerely be Obama. (that's a compliment) ;)

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

soothedbyrainfall wrote:I just hope everything's ok back at the Fortress of Wootitude.

Things are probably fine. In fact, they're probably going to be getting a little crazy soon. ^_~ My psychic (psycho? ) spryte sense is tingling.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
superspryte wrote:A full one if it spans multiple fora.

*shudders in excitement* I should be bombed in about 2 bottles then.

edit: I am talking bottles of wine... not little dinky drinks. Beer is my friend.

soothedbyrainfall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soothedbyrainfall
eyeslikesugar wrote:Out of all the ones in the fog; you would sincerely be Obama. (that's a compliment) ;)

Oh garsh...now I'm blushing
Maybe if my shirt does get printed I can wear it and do a youtube vid Obamagirl style.....or not. (Methinks my huband would be mortified, heh)

soothedbyrainfall.net

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

superspryte wrote:Things are probably fine. In fact, they're probably going to be getting a little crazy soon. ^_~ My psychic (psycho? ) spryte sense is tingling.

"Storms a comin'!....."

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
soothedbyrainfall wrote:Oh garsh...now I'm blushing
Maybe if my shirt does get printed I can wear it and do a youtube vid Obamagirl style.....or not. (Methinks my huband would be mortified, heh)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... nothing against Obama girl (she's fighting for a good cause, IMHO), but you seem like you'd have more class than that. If Edgar doesn't get printed, I do hope yours does.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

soothedbyrainfall

eyeslikesugar wrote:Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... nothing against Obama girl (she's fighting for a good cause, IMHO), but you seem like you'd have more class than that. If Edgar doesn't get printed, I do hope yours does.

No worries..it's only something I would joke about doing ;-)
And I would definitely like to own Edgar's shirt myself so if it beats mine I'll be "I WANTing ONE" right along with ya!

soothedbyrainfall.net

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

tgentry wrote:"Storms a comin'!....."

Let's hope.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

soothedbyrainfall

Where oh where has the Rejectorator gone...oh where oh where can (s)he beeeeee?

...unless they decide the lines are too fine in my design and then I'll get rejectorated too...

<crosses fingers, toes, eyes this DOES NOT occur>

soothedbyrainfall.net

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
soothedbyrainfall wrote:Where oh where has the Rejectorator gone...oh where oh where can (s)he beeeeee?

...unless they decide the lines are too fine in my design and then I'll get rejectorated too...

<crosses fingers, toes, eyes this DOES NOT occur>

From yesterday's newsletter: "Oh, we could go on all day, but we're up to our esophagi in products to write about."

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
eyeslikesugar wrote:Out of all the ones in the fog; you would sincerely be Obama. (that's a compliment) ;)

So, does that mean I voted for Obama and McCain so far? I voted for Edgar too....who's he in the 'election'?

ELS - Don't think I've mentioned it. But, I LOVE the drawing Edgar did for you. Those eyes are awesome! Also, my daughter is happy to see your bouncing chinchilla again...

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
klswoot wrote:So, does that mean I voted for Obama and McCain so far? I voted for Edgar too....who's he in the 'election'?

ELS - Don't think I've mentioned it. But, I LOVE the drawing Edgar did for you. Those eyes are awesome! Also, my daughter is happy to see your bouncing chinchilla again...

Edgar, sadly, will always be an indie. If he makes it to the fog, and actually doesn't kick out Soothed (oh glorious day if that happens), I'd call him Edwards... an intelligent yet unpopular choice.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
artulo wrote:C'mon now. The monkey prize is too good to chug!

edit: they're probably busy packing and shipping shirts...my owl shirt shipped already even though I didn't pay the extra $5 for overnight

:D Artulo, if I could buy yours and Edgar's designs this week, I'd be one of the happiest wooters ever! Hey, I can dream.

AdderXYU

heartluce wrote::D Artulo, if I could buy yours and Edgar's designs this week, I'd be one of the happiest wooters ever! Hey, I can dream.

An ideal fog right now would have Skek, Soothed, Edgar and Artulo. I seriously wouldn't care who placed in that grouping, and all four would appeal to different crowds.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
AdderXYU wrote:An ideal fog right now would have Skek, Soothed, Edgar and Artulo. I seriously wouldn't care who placed in that grouping, and all four would appeal to different crowds.

From your pen to Woot's ears! :D So so true.

AdderXYU

heartluce wrote:From your pen to Woot's ears! :D So so true.

I wish. I fear that nothing I ever write will reach "woot's ears"... maybe the mods, but certainly not the community. It's amazing how offended people get when you point out that they're voting for a horrible shirt. I'd cite Hidden Message Day... sold around 650 total, won second place. That's not a winning shirt. But noooo, imply the voters might be wrong, and it's your head on a stick.

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
AdderXYU wrote:I wish. I fear that nothing I ever write will reach "woot's ears"... maybe the mods, but certainly not the community. It's amazing how offended people get when you point out that they're voting for a horrible shirt. I'd cite Hidden Message Day... sold around 650 total, won second place. That's not a winning shirt. But noooo, imply the voters might be wrong, and it's your head on a stick.

your complaints are usually tactful... but people dont wanna hear bad things about their personal taste...
and some people just make brash tasteless comments thats when things really get crazy around here

Please check it out

InitialSam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InitialSam

Way too similar to a shirt from derby (informational graphics)
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=5574

SAME NAME !!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

InitialSam wrote:

SAME NAME !!

Eh, so? I'm not seeing a 'guts' sticky in there, so it's fine by me. ^_^

Bryan818

InitialSam wrote:

SAME NAME !!

ooh tough call... on the one hand its similar on the other hand its not...

Please check it out

AdderXYU

superspryte wrote:Eh, so? I'm not seeing a 'guts' sticky in there, so it's fine by me. ^_^

But where is that line drawn. If someone else, in a couple derbies, submits a bunch of pins with "heart, lungs, liver" on them, is that vastly different? It's still the same concept.

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
AdderXYU wrote:I wish. I fear that nothing I ever write will reach "woot's ears"... maybe the mods, but certainly not the community. It's amazing how offended people get when you point out that they're voting for a horrible shirt. I'd cite Hidden Message Day... sold around 650 total, won second place. That's not a winning shirt. But noooo, imply the voters might be wrong, and it's your head on a stick.

but but but....you're just bitter! It's called commerce! Look it up some time!

It's called a democracy! You don't like it don't vote for it or buy it!

er....something. implying the voters are wrong does indeed seem to be the big cardinal sin here according to many. which is interesting to say the least.

brizz

superspryte wrote:Eh, so? I'm not seeing a 'guts' sticky in there, so it's fine by me. ^_^

Good lord spryte....it's got the same title for crying out loud! Why must you defend EVERYTHING?

This is precisely what had a lot of us scratching our heads thinking "I KNOW i've seen this before?"

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24

I just responded in the derby comments thread but I'll post it here too:

shan24 wrote:Wow I had forgotten about that shirt, it's even titled Failed Anatomy Test. But, as you can see, it's Heart, Lung, Guts, Guts, Guts. A little similar yet completely different. Mine has a lot more "info" on it and a different way of showing it. As far as comparing it to GI Metro, that was the digestive tract, a whole different animal and way of illustrating it.

brizz

AdderXYU wrote:But where is that line drawn. If someone else, in a couple derbies, submits a bunch of pins with "heart, lungs, liver" on them, is that vastly different? It's still the same concept.

and "concept" is precisely what woot has rejected for a number of times before.

It will be interesting to see their take on it. Kudos to the detective work.

AdderXYU

brizz wrote:Good lord spryte....it's got the same title for crying out loud! Why must you defend EVERYTHING?

This is precisely what had a lot of us scratching our heads thinking "I KNOW i've seen this before?"

I still say GI Metro covered all our "where are my insides?" needs at woot for at least another year or two

Bryan818

shan24 wrote:I just responded in the derby comments thread but I'll post it here too:

im sure it wasnt intentional, but i do wonder what woot says... i think they may allow it... not that i have an official stance on the matter

Please check it out

shan24

Bryan818 wrote:im sure it wasnt intentional, but i do wonder what woot says... i think they may allow it... not that i have an official stance on the matter

Thanks Bryan...no it wasn't intentional, but even if I did have that design in mind when I was making mine, I still would have gone ahead with it because it is different. I also posted a note about the title in the derby comments thread, don't think it needs to be reposted here.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
Bryan818 wrote:im sure it wasnt intentional, but i do wonder what woot says... i think they may allow it... not that i have an official stance on the matter

I don't think that intentions can be judged, but it is obvious that shan had seen the other shirt, and while the choice of "simple label" medium was different, the overal concept is strikingly similar, made more so by the name.

2005vette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2005vette

Dont think is similar enough to get rejected.

Bryan818

bluchez wrote:I don't think that intentions can be judged, but it is obvious that shan had seen the other shirt, and while the choice of "simple label" medium was different, the overal concept is strikingly similar, made more so by the name.

True

Please check it out

bfassburg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bfassburg
bluchez wrote:I don't think that intentions can be judged, but it is obvious that shan had seen the other shirt, and while the choice of "simple label" medium was different, the overal concept is strikingly similar, made more so by the name.

They are similar. But they are kind of like Halp! and Zombie Cat Parody (without the obvious parody). I actually think the original was a little more clever since it was intentionally wrong (I love that guts, guts, guts), but the new one is more anatomically correct and visually very different. I think the rejectorator needs to drink a can of Power Thirst and get to work. I'm sure even those who get rejected (and I mostly speak for myself) will be happier knowing what the final decision is.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
InitialSam wrote:

SAME NAME !!

This is not the shirt I was thinking of, and I think the two displayed are different enough. I have seen a shirt like Shan24's. I saw it when I was looking around for ideas on either Thursday afternoon or Friday morning, and for the life of me cannot find it anymore. Sure, it sounds bitter, mean, and like sour grapes, but I'm not going to deny what I know I saw.

shan24

I have been here since week 1, I have seen all sorts of rejections, all sorts of designs come and go, and what are we up to now? Aren't we over the 10,000 mark in designs? Not sure what you intended by "obvious" but since I have been here from the first derby, I do remember seeing that design now back during that week's derby. Did I use it or even think about it in creating my design this week? No.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
shan24 wrote:I have been here since week 1, I have seen all sorts of rejections, all sorts of designs come and go, and what are we up to now? Aren't we over the 10,000 mark in designs? Not sure what you intended by "obvious" but since I have been here from the first derby, I do remember seeing that design now back during that week's derby. Did I use it or even think about it in creating my design this week? No.

I meant it was obvious you had seen it, that is all. It's a word, I think it means something like "recognized" or "understood".

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Looks like a new wave of rejections is hitting... unless it's just my creaky old joints acting up again....

Bryan818

tgentry wrote:Looks like a new wave of rejections is hitting... unless it's just my creaky old joints acting up again....

doesn't look like they've hit very much just yet... but we shall see

Please check it out

halfbee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages halfbee
klswoot wrote:
I still feel that the hotness means a lot to designers in the top 10 and it's a shame if these shirts are simply trying to test the limits of the rejection hammer and using up hotness spots insodoing.

Actually, If I could get in the hotness, I wonder whether I would be in the top 10 . . .

Wobblytoddles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wobblytoddles

I don't think Shan's shirt should be rejected, if rejections are based on concept then all but the first entry with a heart would need to be rejected. As long as the execution is different then a shirt should be allowed to stand.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

you infer a great deal. I'd suggest that there is a lot more influence by the GI-Metro shirt than the other one. plenty of differences, and clearly not the same.