bluchez


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
Josephus wrote:you infer a great deal. I'd suggest that there is a lot more influence by the GI-Metro shirt than the other one. plenty of differences, and clearly not the same.



What am I infering?

geekfactor12


quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
Wobblytoddles wrote:I don't think Shan's shirt should be rejected, if rejections are based on concept then all but the first entry with a heart would need to be rejected. As long as the execution is different then a shirt should be allowed to stand.



On the other hand, all Portal shirts have met with rejection since one was printed. I'm curious to see if anatomy mapping is viewed to be an equally covered concept by the rejectors.

ansharp


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

Is that all of the rejections this round, or are they just taking a break?

What if none of the implicated get rejected? How long will it take for a riot to start?

eyeslikesugar


quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
klswoot wrote:So, does that mean I voted for Obama and McCain so far? I voted for Edgar too....who's he in the 'election'?

ELS - Don't think I've mentioned it. But, I LOVE the drawing Edgar did for you. Those eyes are awesome! Also, my daughter is happy to see your bouncing chinchilla again...



I love it, too.. he's such a sweetie; I PMed his asking if I could use the eyes he made in the "thank you" graphic he made for me:

and he PMed me back with: "sure. But here, have another." He's sooo sweet! =3 *giggles* I asked my boyfriend to host my main sig images (chinchin and edgar's drawing) on his domain, (which has a smaller URL than photobucket) so I could add vote buttons and not exceed the 500 word limit. Woot to having your cake and eating it too! =)

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
ansharp wrote:Is that all of the rejections this round, or are they just taking a break?

What if none of the implicated get rejected? How long will it take for a riot to start?



There is no way the rejections are done.

Bryan818


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818

well now we know the rejectors are here

Please check it out

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Bryan818 wrote:hmmm



You seem deep in thought, Bryan.

Bryan818


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
artulo wrote:You seem deep in thought, Bryan.



i meant to reply... but i posted what i was thinkin

Please check it out

yeeter


quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter

So...they paused in the middle of rejecting?

VOTE!

brizz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
bluchez wrote:What am I infering?



it's obvious. duh.

derekfilley


quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley

My top 5 this week (love the muppet one the best ;-):

Pocket FishMan


I Got Narwhal'd!


Peeling Paisleys


YUM sugar infused food stuffs (resub)


The muppet shawl


Check out my blog:Here!

SailorButterfly


quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
yeeter wrote:So...they paused in the middle of rejecting?



They must have...they didn't even reject all of 3goldens's front and back print designs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

yeeter


quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
SailorButterfly wrote:They must have...they didn't even reject all of 3goldens's front and back print designs.



Yeah, that was the test I was using too. Bizarre. Y'know I heard somebody once got banned for predicting a woot-off. I certainly wouldn't say anything like that...

VOTE!

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

yeeter wrote:Yeah, that was the test I was using too. Bizarre. Y'know I heard somebody once got banned for predicting a woot-off. I certainly wouldn't say anything like that...


Mine heart-strings have been plucked! that zoomed face is so cute!

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
yeeter wrote:Yeah, that was the test I was using too. Bizarre. Y'know I heard somebody once got banned for predicting a woot-off. I certainly wouldn't say anything like that...



That might have been me. Probation for 5 hrs for trying to predict a w00t-off. That was one strange day.

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
yeeter wrote:Yeah, that was the test I was using too. Bizarre. Y'know I heard somebody once got banned for predicting a woot-off. I certainly wouldn't say anything like that...



Banned? Wow, you have to do something pretty bad to have that happen. Probation? Sure thing, coming right up!

TAYLORT5


quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5


not ready for
prime time push....


You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

yeeter


quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
klswoot wrote:That might have been me. Probation for 5 hrs for trying to predict a w00t-off. That was one strange day.



That's right. I over-stated that. It wasn't banned, it was probation. And everybody was saying "Why would they put KLS on probation?" Strange day indeed.

VOTE!

yeeter


quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
superspryte wrote:Mine heart-strings have been plucked! that zoomed face is so cute!



Thanks Spryte. I should've thought of using that earlier. Ah well dopey me.

VOTE!

clintondavidn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages clintondavidn

greetings all!! I know it has been a while ...... can't really usethe excuse I had been sick cause Iused that earlier for why I hadn't been around . . . I think this time I shall go with been soooo busy at work lately I haven't been able to spare a moment :D

Truth is so refreshing isn't it? *giggles*

Patchitect


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect

Vote for the twofer...




Or wait for me to finish this one for sale...



But vote anywau - i wanna break 100!

clintondavidn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages clintondavidn

I now own my own personal copy of CS2!! Whho hoo! I will be able to enter the derby this coming Thurs. Annoying not having my computer working and then no program. I actually came up with a decentdesign for this one, but since it is so late I will just hold it until maybe I can submit later. :D

yeeter


quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
clintondavidn wrote:I now own my own personal copy of CS2!! Whho hoo! I will be able to enter the derby this coming Thurs. Annoying not having my computer working and then no program. I actually came up with a decentdesign for this one, but since it is so late I will just hold it until maybe I can submit later. :D



Congrats clintondavidn. I think my CS2 owns me...or something like that.

VOTE!

clintondavidn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages clintondavidn
yeeter wrote:Congrats clintondavidn. I think my CS2 owns me...or something like that.



I don't use AI so I didn't install it. Mostly if I want to vector something I will use Inkscape, but I am trying to not look so vectored

TAYLORT5


quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5

Anyone use a mac to do shirts. what do you use ? I have my new mac air coming in a couple days and want to know if I can use that.and also can I just install my photoshop and ill programs onto the mac.?


You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

Shirter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shirter
TAYLORT5 wrote:Anyone use a mac to do shirts. what do you use ? I have my new mac air coming in a couple days and want to know if I can use that.and also can I just install my photoshop and ill programs onto the mac.?



those look sweet.. .. if only they had a touch sensitive screen too.. *drool*..
as for your proggies.. i dunno if you can load your pc programs on them, but i have a scary suspicion that you cant...

good luck

<Insert witticism or obnoxious image here...>

yeeter


quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
TAYLORT5 wrote:Anyone use a mac to do shirts. what do you use ? I have my new mac air coming in a couple days and want to know if I can use that.and also can I just install my photoshop and ill programs onto the mac.?



I use PC. The MBAir looks pretty flipping sweet. What are your concerns about installing? As I understand it, there is a program you run on a different computer something like "remote drive" and then your MBAir can use a CD/DVD drive on that computer just like it was in the MBAir (all through a wireless network). So, I think you just install it that way.

Let us know what you think about it.

VOTE!

yeeter


quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
clintondavidn wrote:I don't use AI so I didn't install it. Mostly if I want to vector something I will use Inkscape, but I am trying to not look so vectored



I pretty much exclusively use AI. If you're using pure Photoshop, how do you keep the edges of your colors sharp? Do you have a tablet? Hmm, I should probably try doing a design in only Photoshop...maybe this week.

VOTE!

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
TAYLORT5 wrote:Anyone use a mac to do shirts. what do you use ? I have my new mac air coming in a couple days and want to know if I can use that.and also can I just install my photoshop and ill programs onto the mac.?



I do almost all my design work on a MacBook Pro. If you have the OS X versions of programs then you'll be able to install everything on the air using the fancy virtual cd/dvd drive over wireless. I can only imagine installing CS3 will take for-EVER that way. I do wonder how all that stuff will work in Parllels or VMWare, too. Food for thought...

My feeling is the MBA was not really designed to be a "designer's" machine. It's for portability, really.

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

Just some morning prompting. *giggles* tee-hees!


JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Patchitect wrote:Or wait for me to finish this one for sale...



But vote anyway - i wanna break 100!



I love this one too Patch... very nice!

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

Good luck to all the foggers and nearby contenders in the last day of the derby. I honestly can't gauge the ranking given that many of been fogged for several days. I have my favorites and hope they can pull off a victory.

And, although I wouldn't wear Bryan's or Shan's this week, there is clearly a large voting contingent that do love these designs. It would be greedy for me to think that I could get all 3 of my top picks. It's never happened before. These voters deserve to have their top picks win too.

I'm always excited when a designer wins a derby for the first time, so I'll be happy for Bryan, Soothed, ShekTek, Edgar and Shan. (Although I vaguely recall Shan winning a derby in the past, no?)

Excited to see what happens tomorrow.

Best of luck to you all!

@Fable - Did you get probation? I must have missed something. Anyway....I miss you around the forum. Just wanted to congratulate you on your awesome next day sales for your Quitters shirt. It's selling like mad! Wahoo!

And...vote for mummy man....2 votes gets him to 70!

ruesifus


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ruesifus





I wish these shirts had gotten more love this derby.
Also!! My first threadless entry was accepted, show it some love!

Bryan818


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
klswoot wrote:Good luck to all the foggers and nearby contenders in the last day of the derby. I honestly can't gauge the ranking given that many of been fogged for several days. I have my favorites and hope they can pull off a victory.

And, although I wouldn't wear Bryan's or Shan's this week, there is clearly a large voting contingent that do love these designs. It would be greedy for me to think that I could get all 3 of my top picks. It's never happened before. These voters deserve to have their top picks win too.

I'm always excited when a designer wins a derby for the first time, so I'll be happy for Bryan, Soothed, ShekTek, Edgar and Shan. (Although I vaguely recall Shan winning a derby in the past, no?)

Excited to see what happens tomorrow.

Best of luck to you all!

@Fable - Did you get probation? I must have missed something. Anyway....I miss you around the forum. Just wanted to congratulate you on your awesome next day sales for your Dream shirt. It's selling like mad! Wahoo!

And...vote for mummy man....2 votes gets him to 70!



thank you kls... classy as always

Please check it out

yugidean


quality posts: 0 Private Messages yugidean

Sorry for my absence to anyone who noticed and didn't like it, which probably amounts to just one or two of you. Ha!

I am completely bored with this derby. I literally like maybe three shirts total, and as usual, none of them are in the fog at all, so looks like another week shall pass wherein I will not be purchasing a shirt.woot. That's okay. I have enough t-shirts for now, anyway.

I don't think it's the designs themselves I don't like. I just find the "Trompe L'Oeil" style of clothing to be very "meh." Ready for next weeks' derby already.

Beano before, and there'll be no gas!

ansharp


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

A push for the daytime crowd to keep me in 17th (the muppet shirt is gaining fast, darn its cuteness!):



Vote it up!

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Bryan818 wrote:thank you kls... classy as always



Thanks Bryan. Hey I know I've not been a supporter of all your work, but I have commented on the pieces that I've really liked. This hoodie shirt clearly struck a chord with the voters. Who am I to judge, right? I like your heart entry better (imo), but I'm always on the margin when it comes to what is considered popular by the woot crowd. This week, I only bought the owl shirt. It was probably the only sold out shirt that I've bought in recent days. I also bought Edgars and Feed the Whale. Two shirts that were not deemed popular by the woot crowd.

So, I have my favorites this derby. The hoodie isn't one of them, but it is not a reflection against you as the designer. You had a cute idea that struck the right chord with the voters and for that you should be commended.

At this point, I believe you will probably place in the top 3. My concern now is whether the heather grey is the right color choice. Won't the uneven colors in the heather gray drown out the dotted lines and details for the hood?

Anyway, best of luck. From my Taking Flight win, I know how great it feels to be in the fog and to have the anticipation of winning. So, I don't want to take that thrill away from you. (I'd just wish it was a design that I liked too! But, I'm not the normal woot demographic by any means. )

Gatzby


quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
bfassburg wrote:They've now gone through the second crate of the monkey wine in the woot conference room. It's a drinking game... one shot every time someone asks one of the following:
1) what is woot doing?
2) why haven't they rejected anybody since Saturday?
3) was this live traced?
4) why are lolcats in the hotness?



The monkey wine ran out a long time ago, sir.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
yugidean wrote:Sorry for my absence to anyone who noticed and didn't like it, which probably amounts to just one or two of you. Ha!

I am completely bored with this derby. I literally like maybe three shirts total, and as usual, none of them are in the fog at all, so looks like another week shall pass wherein I will not be purchasing a shirt.woot. That's okay. I have enough t-shirts for now, anyway.

I don't think it's the designs themselves I don't like. I just find the "Trompe L'Oeil" style of clothing to be very "meh." Ready for next weeks' derby already.



L O L I did kinda wonder where you've been. I was half expecting an oh so cute ewe jumping off a shirt this week XD

I'm ready for a new derby too. I'm glad my wind up key is doing so well. I'm not as concerned about my 'wannabe' shirts. They were all in fun.

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Gatzby wrote:The monkey wine ran out a long time ago, sir.



So.............. that means you upgraded to rum, eh?