Bryan818


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
klswoot wrote:Thanks Bryan. Hey I know I've not been a supporter of all your work, but I have commented on the pieces that I've really liked. This hoodie shirt clearly struck a chord with the voters. Who am I to judge, right? I like your heart entry better (imo), but I'm always on the margin when it comes to what is considered popular by the woot crowd. This week, I only bought the owl shirt. It was probably the only sold out shirt that I've bought in recent days. I also bought Edgars and Feed the Whale. Two shirts that were not deemed popular by the woot crowd.

So, I have my favorites this derby. The hoodie isn't one of them, but it is not a reflection against you as the designer. You had a cute idea that struck the right chord with the voters and for that you should be commended.

At this point, I believe you will probably place in the top 3. My concern now is whether the heather grey is the right color choice. Won't the uneven colors in the heather gray drown out the dotted lines and details for the hood?

Anyway, best of luck. From my Taking Flight win, I know how great it feels to be in the fog and to have the anticipation of winning. So, I don't want to take that thrill away from you. (I'd just wish it was a design that I liked too! But, I'm not the normal woot demographic by any means. )



thanks for the kind words... i liked my heart one too it took me almost 4 hours straight... i dunno if im gonna make the top 3 but it would mean the world to me...
as far as heather grey i want the lines to get a tiny bit drowned by the heather i think it will look more realistic

Please check it out

Gatzby


quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
klswoot wrote:That might have been me. Probation for 5 hrs for trying to predict a w00t-off. That was one strange day.



It could have easily been one of about 500 other people, too. =P They're generally off-topic and annoying, as each new product thread generally has about 15-30 "I WANT A WOOT OFF" posts within the first 10 minutes. The random crap posts are only slightly less frequent.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

Gatzby


quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
JadenKale wrote:So.............. that means you upgraded to rum, eh?



We've been using misprints to filter our prison-style raisin wine.

Anyway, as far as I know, there's nothing wrong with the Rejectamotron, though there's plenty of stuff going on around Woot HQ at the moment. It might be a day or two before that comes to fruition though.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

eyeslikesugar


quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
Gatzby wrote:We've been using misprints to filter our prison-style raisin wine.

Anyway, as far as I know, there's nothing wrong with the Rejectamotron, though there's plenty of stuff going on around Woot HQ at the moment. It might be a day or two before that comes to fruition though.



Oh that link... I think I may be skipping lunch today. Imagine making that in a prison toilet! Yum! =9

The best part is, at the end, I think he rather enjoyed the "wine"

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Gatzby wrote:It could have easily been one of about 500 other people, too. =P They're generally off-topic and annoying, as each new product thread generally has about 15-30 "I WANT A WOOT OFF" posts within the first 10 minutes. The random crap posts are only slightly less frequent.



Yes. I can imagine that would be the case. Needless to say, it won't happen again.

bfassburg


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bfassburg
Gatzby wrote:The monkey wine ran out a long time ago, sir.



So you play the game frequently then? If I were you I'd use beer... too many dang shots if you play by these rules.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

cwarrington


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwarrington

Volunteer Moderator

Gatzby wrote:We've been using misprints to filter our prison-style raisin wine.

Anyway, as far as I know, there's nothing wrong with the Rejectamotron, though there's plenty of stuff going on around Woot HQ at the moment. It might be a day or two before that comes to fruition though.



*cough*off-topic*cough* :P

JadenKale


quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
cwarrington wrote:*cough*off-topic*cough* :P



see... even the mighty have their moments.

Shirter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shirter
cwarrington wrote:*cough*off-topic*cough* :P



PROBATION!

<Insert witticism or obnoxious image here...>

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Shirter wrote:PROBATION!

Nice to see some funny posts again.

Bryan818


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
Shirter wrote:PROBATION!



speaking of, where's attila been???

Please check it out

bfassburg


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bfassburg
cwarrington wrote:*cough*off-topic*cough* :P



What you don't like the smell of grass right after its cut?

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

JadenKale


quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
klswoot wrote:Nice to see some funny posts again.



yeah, really. *breathes a sigh of temporary relief*

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

JadenKale wrote:So.............. that means you upgraded to rum, eh?


But why is the rum gone? ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Shirter wrote:PROBATION!


Careful. If he decides you're right you'll probably be going with him. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Shirter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shirter
JadenKale wrote:yeah, really. *breathes a sigh of temporary relief*



Shame they have to be off topic tho...

<Insert witticism or obnoxious image here...>

JadenKale


quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
superspryte wrote:But why is the rum gone? ^_~

Rum is always gone... OFF TO THE CYBER PUB!

Shirter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shirter
superspryte wrote:Careful. If he decides you're right you'll probably be going with him. ^_~



If so - do i get a nice sig tag too? i wanna be a bad girl!

<Insert witticism or obnoxious image here...>

JadenKale


quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
Shirter wrote:If so - do i get a nice sig tag too? i wanna be a bad girl!



you'll have to use Taylor's tag...

shan24


quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
klswoot wrote: <snip> I'm always excited when a designer wins a derby for the first time, so I'll be happy for Bryan, Soothed, ShekTek, Edgar and Shan. (Although I vaguely recall Shan winning a derby in the past, no?)


No not officially...in the very first derby I placed 3rd (with See-Sawlitude) but back then they only printed the design with the most votes. Later on they printed some editor's picks and that was one of the dailies that week. I was very honored!

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
shan24 wrote:No not officially...in the very first derby I placed 3rd (with See-Sawlitude) but back then they only printed the design with the most votes. Later on they printed some editor's picks and that was one of the dailies that week. I was very honored!



Wow! So this week will have a lot of first-time derby winners. That's awesome. I really like when that happens. Your shirt must have been printed well before I came to shirt. woot. Is there a picture of the design on shirtderbystats....or is that before cwarrington started that site?

I hope woot considers doing more editor's picks. I think it keeps the designer's spirits motivated and it gives people a chance to get a few non-winning derby designs.

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Gatzby wrote:We've been using misprints to filter our prison-style raisin wine.

Anyway, as far as I know, there's nothing wrong with the Rejectamotron, though there's plenty of stuff going on around Woot HQ at the moment. It might be a day or two before that comes to fruition though.



huh, I always thought that prediction of a certain event, which I am in no way predicting, but Gatzby seems to be predicting, was a probation-inducing event. Or are 'regular wooters' held to a tougher standard than woot-staff?

wanders off, whistling tunelessly...

edit: please vote for my kidney-thief shirt, by the way, the true reason for this post. :^)

cwarrington


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwarrington

Volunteer Moderator

klswoot wrote:Wow! So this week will have a lot of first-time derby winners. That's awesome. I really like when that happens. Your shirt must have been printed well before I came to shirt. woot. Is there a picture of the design on shirtderbystats....or is that before cwarrington started that site?

I hope woot considers doing more editor's picks. I think it keeps the designer's spirits motivated and it gives people a chance to get a few non-winning derby designs.


My site currently only goes back to the 'visual sound' derby, I think it was like derby 4 or 5. The new version of my site (currently under development) will have all past derbys.

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Gatzby wrote:We've been using misprints to filter our prison-style raisin wine.

Anyway, as far as I know, there's nothing wrong with the Rejectamotron, though there's plenty of stuff going on around Woot HQ at the moment. It might be a day or two before that comes to fruition though.



well, it's good to knoW that the rejectamatrOn isn't having any particular issues, and that all Of you are plenty busy Today - it's always better tO be busy, it makes the day go Faster instead of languishing around looking For something to do.

please vote for the mouse, he must stay in the top 10! i want my shirtderbystats badge

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

artulo wrote:well, it's good to knoW that the rejectamatrOn isn't having any particular issues, and that all Of you are plenty busy Today - it's always better tO be busy, it makes the day go Faster instead of languishing around looking For something to do.

please vote for the mouse, he must stay in the top 10! i want my shirtderbystats badge


Me too, but I'm just out now. -_-

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

eyeslikesugar


quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
artulo wrote:well, it's good to knoW that the rejectamatrOn isn't having any particular issues, and that all Of you are plenty busy Today - it's always better tO be busy, it makes the day go Faster instead of languishing around looking For something to do.

please vote for the mouse, he must stay in the top 10! i want my shirtderbystats badge



HEDGEHOG cherubic SUN!!

awww he does look a little cherubic (the hedgehog) doesn't he? =3

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

bfassburg


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bfassburg

I need to keep out of here. work to do.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
superspryte wrote:Me too, but I'm just out now. -_-



I have a feeling I'll be next to be eclipsed by the paisley covered garment...although I do think it's quite interesting!

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

artulo wrote:I have a feeling I'll be next to be eclipsed by the paisley covered garment...although I do think it's quite interesting!


I love paisley. And green, just like I said in the entry comments. Or maybe it was after the comp was posted in the derby forum. Either way, I said it. I wanted to be in the top ten too though. It's not a huge deal; I'll come up with something better next week, but you know how it is. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
klswoot wrote:I'm always excited when a designer wins a derby for the first time, so I'll be happy for Bryan, Soothed, ShekTek, Edgar and Shan. (Although I vaguely recall Shan winning a derby in the past, no?)



Thanks! This is the first time I have a serious chance of having my shirt printed, and though I do not post here a lot, I do believe it's going to be a close race between a bunch of us!

I hope it's me, but I'm not going to be disappointed if it's one of my fellow foggers.

I still need votes though !

bluchez


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
SkekTek wrote:Thanks! This is the first time I have a serious chance of having my shirt printed, and though I do not post here a lot, I do believe it's going to be a close race between a bunch of us!

I hope it's me, but I'm not going to be disappointed if it's one of my fellow foggers.

I still need votes though !



you have a solid lead, no worries.

ansharp


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

Twallis with the muppet shirt and I have been engaged in an epic battle for 17th all day. I can't take the anxiety! And it doesn't even matter! These derbies will quickly be the mental death of me (as well as probably get me fired!).

Bryan818


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
ansharp wrote:Twallis with the muppet shirt and I have been engaged in an epic battle for 17th all day. I can't take the anxiety! And it doesn't even matter! These derbies will quickly be the mental death of me (as well as probably get me fired!).



welcome to our cult

Please check it out

soothedbyrainfall


quality posts: 0 Private Messages soothedbyrainfall

...oooooohhhhhwaaaahhhh...tahguuuu...ziiiiiyaaaaaammmm...



...to think this might help me get more votes, ha!

soothedbyrainfall.net

Bryan818


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
soothedbyrainfall wrote:...oooooohhhhhwaaaahhhh...tahguuuu...ziiiiiyaaaaaammmm...


...to think this might help me get more votes, ha!




heyyy i want more votes toooo

Please check it out

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

soothedbyrainfall wrote:...oooooohhhhhwaaaahhhh...tahguuuu...ziiiiiyaaaaaammmm...



...to think this might help me get more votes, ha!


They made us say those magic words at a lock-in at the Sloan Museum (Michigan museum) when I was in girl scouts.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

tgentry


quality posts: 109 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

superspryte wrote:They made us say those magic words at a lock-in at the Sloan Museum (Michigan museum) when I was in girl scouts.



"Sounds like devil talk if you ask me. And I don't like it one bit!"

eyeslikesugar


quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
soothedbyrainfall wrote:...oooooohhhhhwaaaahhhh...tahguuuu...ziiiiiyaaaaaammmm...



...to think this might help me get more votes, ha!



I like it!

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

Bryan818


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
soothedbyrainfall wrote:...oooooohhhhhwaaaahhhh...tahguuuu...ziiiiiyaaaaaammmm...



...to think this might help me get more votes, ha!


i feel like the box needs something on the outside like some lines or shading to lead you into the box... this design would probably look good on a red shirt

Please check it out

soothedbyrainfall


quality posts: 0 Private Messages soothedbyrainfall

Well now you all know my shameful secret...I am half woman/ half goose!

soothedbyrainfall.net