thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
artulo wrote:It'd be great for people to have more time to put out quality work. If woot limited entries to one per account, that would certainly make people think about what they were submitting. On the flip side, though, it would just encourage creating second, third, etc accounts just to submit something.

Here is what I personally would like to see:

The theme announced a week ahead of time.

Expand the fog of war to the top 8 or 10.

Redo the code (yes I know this is a stretch) so that folks refreshing votes to keep themselves in the hotness doesn't work anymore.

Take the "I'd want one" buttons off the thumbnails (especially off the new hotness thumbnails) and put them at the bottom of the entry's comp image.

Move rejected entries to another page "the reject pile" so they don't clutter up other work.

Define and post clear rulesets about detail and comp images.

Rigorously enforce the rules not just on Saturday but more often. I know that it takes staff time to do so, but it will help clear things out, plus make people think twice before submitting. Currently it seems that only really offensive stuff gets taken care of timely. Sure there is the tattle button, but that just seems like a pacifier. Like pushing the button on the streetcorner post to get the walk light.

I'm sure there's more. Sorry for the long winded post.

All great ideas and all have been mentioned before. I assume Woot is busy on Yetanotherspinoff.Woot.com and doesn't have time to refine the derby. The easiest one they could do without any code changes or planning is to simply announce the next week's derby when they close the subs on Wednesdays. It's not much but another 24 hours could get us that much more quality.

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818

im sooooooooooooooooo nervous right now

Please check it out

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
thatrobert wrote:All great ideas and all have been mentioned before. I assume Woot is busy on Yetanotherspinoff.Woot.com and doesn't have time to refine the derby. The easiest one they could do without any code changes or planning is to simply announce the next week's derby when they close the subs on Wednesdays. It's not much but another 24 hours could get us that much more quality.

True, but it doesn't hurt for them to be mentioned again (and again). Someone might actually listen!

ruesifus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ruesifus

Please! Can I get 4 more votes so I can meet thatrobert's strict guidelines for submitting to the best losers site?! I beg of you!
I am a huge loser!

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24

Wow these 11th hour pushes for designs are amazing! Good luck everyone, this has certainly been a wild ride. Thanks again to all who voted and for all the nice comments. My shirt's thread is verrry long this week, as are a lot of others, I think.

Bryan818

shan24 wrote:Wow these 11th hour pushes for designs are amazing! Good luck everyone, this has certainly been a wild ride. Thanks again to all who voted and for all the nice comments. My shirt's thread is verrry long this week, as are a lot of others, I think.

good luck shan... don't think you need it tho

Please check it out

yeeter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
superspryte wrote:I put you at 100 (didn't realized I hadn't voted). Happy Valentine's Day. ^_~

Thanks Spryte. It's been a while since I got more than a handful of votes. This kind of approval will keep me going for a bit longer.

VOTE!

shan24

Bryan818 wrote:good luck shan... don't think you need it tho

Good luck back atcha! You know, I think your shirt would be good to wear with a black, long sleeved shirt underneath. Today I have the Perched on Blossoms shirt on with a long sleeved black shirt, I like the heather with black. Actually I got the Perched on Blossoms shirt in a random t-shirt crap purchase and it's one of my favorites now, it turned out really well.

ruesifus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ruesifus

Thanks random voters!

cwarrington

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwarrington

Volunteer Moderator

Derby #29 End Estimates by ShirtDerbyStats.com

1st Place:
Fog'd: 5 days, 23 hours
Pocket FishMan (563 estimated votes)
by: SkekTek

2nd Place:
Fog'd: 3 days, 17 hours
Anatomy Test (501 estimated votes)
by: shan24

3rd Place:
Fog'd: 3 days, 2 hours
shirt comp for Soul Glow (473 estimated votes)
by: soothedbyrainfall

4th Place:
Fog'd: 1 hours, 40 minutes
Couldn`t afford a hoodie (resub) (420 estimated votes)
by: Bryan818

Bryan818

cwarrington wrote:Derby #29 End Estimates by ShirtDerbyStats.com

1st Place:
Fog'd: 5 days, 23 hours
Pocket FishMan (563 estimated votes)
by: SkekTek

2nd Place:
Fog'd: 3 days, 17 hours
Anatomy Test (501 estimated votes)
by: shan24

3rd Place:
Fog'd: 3 days, 2 hours
shirt comp for Soul Glow (473 estimated votes)
by: soothedbyrainfall

4th Place:
Fog'd: 1 hours, 40 minutes
Couldn`t afford a hoodie (resub) (420 estimated votes)
by: Bryan818

aw man i must have gonna kicked out for a bit huh?

Please check it out

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez

My estimates, feel free to talk wittle schnookie-pies on them whenever they are shown to be rediculous. Mine are given as ranges, because that's how the my system works (they are estimates). I realize that you guys might want specific numbers, but I'm trying to be accurate, not just give you what you want. I know there are some tweaks I need to so, but simply don't have the time right now. This is my first shot, so I'll be happy to get it right on shot 3 or so.

1st: SkekTek - Pocket Fishman 741-786

2nd: shan24 - Anatomy Test 706-715

3rd: soothedbyrainfall - Soul Glow 499-566

4th: Bryan818 - Couldn't afford a hoodie (resub) 426-427

bluchez

Bryan818 wrote:aw man i must have gonna kicked out for a bit huh?

Yeah, you jumped in and out over the last 8 hours, sorry.

shan24

bluchez wrote:My estimates, feel free to talk wittle schnookie-pies on them whenever they are shown to be rediculous. Mine are given as ranges, because that's how the my system works (they are estimates). I realize that you guys might want specific numbers, but I'm trying to be accurate, not just give you what you want. I know there are some tweaks I need to so, but simply don't have the time right now. This is my first shot, so I'll be happy to get it right on shot 3 or so.

1st: SkekTek - Pocket Fishman 741-786

2nd: shan24 - Anatomy Test 706-715

3rd: soothedbyrainfall - Soul Glow 499-566

4th: Bryan818 - Couldn't afford a hoodie (resub) 426-427

Holy moley batman! 700 votes?? that's crazyz...but wouldn't that be awesome!

bluchez

shan24 wrote:Holy moley batman! 700 votes?? that's crazyz...but wouldn't that be awesome!

yeah...um...notice I said it was my first time guessing ;)

shan24

bluchez wrote:yeah...um...notice I said it was my first time guessing ;)

I've seen the votes go that high before, but I don't know if the 2nd place got that many...but I don't think it goes that high normally? I should go back and look.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
shan24 wrote:I've seen the votes go that high before, but I don't know if the 2nd place got that many...but I don't think it goes that high normally? I should go back and look.

I think shirtderbystats is probably off at least 50 for fishy... it was a bit wonky at the beginning of the derby, when the fish was absolutely blazing votes, and the fish was pretty reliably, though not consistently, in the hotness all week, from what I saw. 700 might be a liberal estimate, but I wouldn't be shocked by it

bluchez

AdderXYU wrote:I think shirtderbystats is probably off at least 50 for fishy... it was a bit wonky at the beginning of the derby, when the fish was absolutely blazing votes, and the fish was pretty reliably, though not consistently, in the hotness all week, from what I saw. 700 might be a liberal estimate, but I wouldn't be shocked by it

The 40 vote buffer means fish was out of the hotness, for at most 6-7 hours, all week long.

Edit: I checked the numbers, skek was out for 12 hours from derby start to stop.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
EyeTeeGuy wrote:I am VERY impressed w/ nearly ALL the entires. Not sure if I will buy those from the FOG, but certainly appreciate the efforts.

Since you may not buy from the FOG, as stated, why were you yelling for people to get Edgar's out of the fog? You just said you didn't necessarily want any of them in the fog? I don't understand.