bluchez


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
AlvinPing wrote:Agreed... the art on this is fantastic. It'd be a shame to see it get lost amidst the sea of entries in the derby.

btw, what shirt color is this?



I also agree the art is fantastic. But, why would he not want to enter derbies, if he can crank this level of detail out overnight? It would make more sense, it would seem, to suggest, for those that CAN'T get a decent design together overnight, or rely heavily on clip art, to quit messing with the derby and go straight to dailies.

HotIceCream


quality posts: 0 Private Messages HotIceCream
Re: Jellt Bean Bonanza



i love jelly beans!!! but do you mean "jelly" or did you mean to type the "t"?

AlvinPing


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlvinPing
bluchez wrote:I also agree the art is fantastic. But, why would he not want to enter derbies, if he can crank this level of detail out overnight? It would make more sense, it would seem, to suggest, for those that CAN'T get a decent design together overnight, or rely heavily on clip art, to quit messing with the derby and go straight to dailies.



There's just that whole "we-own-your-art-for-60-days" thing. Not sure if that applies to dailies submission as well...

But you're right, if he can do stuff like this overnight, then I guess it's not really that big of a deal

  • Alvin

JoeDeeDee


quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee
Re: L'ego



I love this! I wanna be a minifig!

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: Jellt Bean Bonanza



Seven colors, and how does this relate to the theme again?

photimsky


quality posts: 0 Private Messages photimsky
HotIceCream wrote:i love jelly beans!!! but do you mean "jelly" or did you mean to type the "t"?



yeah thats a tipo...ooops

LOTM


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOTM
amach06 wrote:Great idea, but i never tuck in my t's.



Nate to say it but it's already been done at Shirt-A-Day

http://www.shirtaday.com/pastShirts/20080104_gunBig.jpg

plasticrooster


quality posts: 0 Private Messages plasticrooster
AdderXYU wrote:Seven colors, and how does this relate to the theme again?



I think the jelly beans are coming from the hole in the shirt, so it fits the theme.

waacodemon


quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=9785]GO! GO! GO! ... Oh, $



hahahahahahaha!!!!!

I once ate a cricket.

jaleebcaru


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaleebcaru
Re: Help: Trapped Under Flesh



It's not you Shirt.Woot, it's me.

This shirt can serve as a device to save the fellow struggling for comfort within your innards obtained during your sloppy creation process.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: Suck Up That Coffee, You Pucker!



Wait... you're kidding, right? a fogged pucker?

byrbwr


quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr
Re: Big Hole



dammit, that shirt people keep linking to on threadless is exponentially different than this one.

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
cdncarlie wrote:I don't understand how this fits the theme, other than there's a heart in the same spot where it is in the body. Can someone explain it to me? I don't mean to be overly critical.



It's from the Grinch. In order to see the size of his heart, you had to see it through their funky x-ray screen. I like it.

bluchez


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
AlvinPing wrote:There's just that whole "we-own-your-art-for-60-days" thing. Not sure if that applies to dailies submission as well...

But you're right, if he can do stuff like this overnight, then I guess it's not really that big of a deal



I think it's 60 days for dailies too, but that's just heresay.

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Turbotuff wrote:no lips?


Yes. They are subtle...but the lips are there.

Yay! on getting to the fog. I really hope your Pucker wins this week. It's one of your best!

katiethemac


quality posts: 0 Private Messages katiethemac
LOTM wrote:Nate to say it but it's already been done at Shirt-A-Day

http://www.shirtaday.com/pastShirts/20080104_gunBig.jpg



that shirt is totally different, and this one is more awesome cause it's the duck hunt gun. though i am a bit hesitant about having to tuck it in.. kinda weak.

got my vote anyway though, awesome shirt if it could get printed on the edge.

bluchez


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
gargrazz wrote:This theme sort of begs the question of what the limits are, really. Nobody from Woot has ever addressed the 300dpi requirement and how that translates to the printing process. I've looked at shirts I've bought from Woot and inks do "bleed" a bit - that shouldn't harm the design much. It may even soften the graphic and make it look more realistic.

The question is really whether a 1x1 or 2x2 pixel sized object clogs the screen or not.



I *think* that the appearance of a gradient is enough, because you end up with ugly speckled lines, and not a smooth gradient, when printed.

bluchez


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
katiethemac wrote:that shirt is totally different, and this one is more awesome cause it's the duck hunt gun. though i am a bit hesitant about having to tuck it in.. kinda weak.

got my vote anyway though, awesome shirt if it could get printed on the edge.



Actually, the AA shirts are so long, that an edge printing wouldn't work that great, either, because I have at least 6" of shirt below my beltline.

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: Coeur de la Mer



I love it. One of the few baby blue shirts I'd get. Love it spryte!!

byrbwr


quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr
Re: Yeaaaahhhhh Boooooyyyyy



there is no way i'm voting on this, however, i did bust out laughing when i saw it

darthv8r


quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r
klswoot wrote:Yes. They are subtle...but the lips are there.

Yay! on getting to the fog. I really hope your Pucker wins this week. It's one of your best!

agreed! great job kenney!

szemek


quality posts: 0 Private Messages szemek
Re: DO NOT wear this shirt near the tiger cage!



Ahaha I like this. I think you should have used numbers for the calories though..

Simon.

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Chest Cat



Great detail, jimiyo.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
byrbwr wrote:dammit, that shirt people keep linking to on threadless is exponentially different than this one.



Yes. Because the threadless one is done well.

Every week, someone pulls out an idea that is extraordinarily similar to a shirt somewhere else, but because it's not identical, people whine and moan about people saying it's the same concept. There is nothing different about the threadless shirt except the specifics. It is still a big hole blown in someones stomach, it still shows something behind them as if the hole exists, it still has bones sticking out, and since the designer's past shirts have often been reminiscent of shirts elsewhere, I have a hard time believing he's never seen the one in question, especially since that exact threadless shirt was posted yesterday evening as a reference of "what you probably shouldn't do".

Same with the zapper shirt. It's not different just because it's done better, and if anything, the Zapper itself is just one more possible ground for rejection. You can love it for the sense of nostalgia it provides, but it is still a gun on a shirt to look like it's tucked in your pants. It's similar enough to be rejected.

byrbwr


quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr
Re: Pocket FishMan



i'll be buying this next friday :D

bluchez


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
jbenge wrote:I resubmitted with further explanation



I don't think that ever works, btw.

gargrazz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz
AlvinPing wrote:The problem with small dots is that they, if placed far enough from each other, wont allow the ink to pass through. Placed too close, they'll bleed together and the area will be filled with much more ink than intended. I figured this out trying to make out what happened with my shirt.



Man, how do you call for a theme on realism and not have the process to do it?

Oh well. I did this design to see if I could recreate reality. There wasn't a single livetrace tool used to do it. I'm happy with my results. If nobody votes for it because they fear the final t-shirt printing, then so be it. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

stevgtguy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevgtguy
AdderXYU wrote:Yes. Because the threadless one is done well.

Every week, someone pulls out an idea that is extraordinarily similar to a shirt somewhere else, but because it's not identical, people whine and moan about people saying it's the same concept. There is nothing different about the threadless shirt except the specifics. It is still a big hole blown in someones stomach, it still shows something behind them as if the hole exists, it still has bones sticking out, and since the designer's past shirts have often been reminiscent of shirts elsewhere, I have a hard time believing he's never seen the one in question, especially since that exact threadless shirt was posted yesterday evening as a reference of "what you probably shouldn't do".

Same with the zapper shirt. It's not different just because it's done better, and if anything, the Zapper itself is just one more possible ground for rejection. You can love it for the sense of nostalgia it provides, but it is still a gun on a shirt to look like it's tucked in your pants. It's similar enough to be rejected.



What a whinny little post whore. Didn't you learn your lesson on the cupcake shirt? Just keep your mouth shut and let the people decide. If Woot feels it does not fit the Derby then they will reject it. I'm sure you are going to write some dissertation in response to this post, but unlike you I have a life so don't expect a response.

byrbwr


quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=9785]GO! GO! GO! ... Oh, $



so uhm.. what is it?

Toyfare


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Toyfare
bluchez wrote:I think it's 60 days for dailies too, but that's just heresay.



This also has more than 6 colors. Did they raise the amount of colors they can print now?

jaleebcaru


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaleebcaru
Re: L'ego



That is such a great idea and so well executed.

Discobiscuits


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
byrbwr wrote:so uhm.. what is it?



just some white stick figures bailing out of a shirt with parachutes.

bluchez


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
Re: Chest Cat



Yes, it's a ceiling cat, but it's so damn cute. Much better then any others out there, I just wish they would take that into consideration. But, they rarely do...

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
stevgtguy wrote:What a whinny little post whore. Didn't you learn your lesson on the cupcake shirt? Just keep your mouth shut and let the people decide. If Woot feels it does not fit the Derby then they will reject it. I'm sure you are going to write some dissertation in response to this post, but unlike you I have a life so don't expect a response.



Yes, I did learn my lesson on the cupcake shirt... "stevgtguy is a particularly stubborn and foolish troll and should be ignored" wasn't a valid concern when I wrote that post, though.

"Shutting my mouth and letting the people decide" sounds fine. The people should simply know that they can already buy this shirt, and buy it better. The best voter is an informed voter, wouldn't you agree?

bluchez


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
Re: Pilot



I'm a huge star wars fan, and was immediately happy to see this. However, the halftones really take away from it looking realistic at all, and without shadows, I have a hard time believing it looks realistic enough to work for this theme.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Toyfare wrote:This also has more than 6 colors. Did they raise the amount of colors they can print now?



They've printed 7 twice for dailies, but thusfar they've made no official commentary for the derbies, so I'd quite presume we're still limited to 6

bRnDn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bRnDn
Re: I Got Narwhal'd!



hmm...
grants magic powers you say...
This shirt will be MINE!!!

Ego sum deus!

Apriori


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Apriori
Re: Time-Bomb



Tasteful?

Anthony3419


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthony3419
Re: Pocket FishMan



This is pretty cool...


bluchez


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
Toyfare wrote:This also has more than 6 colors. Did they raise the amount of colors they can print now?



I only count 6: black, white, blue, yellow, and 2 reds.