ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:As an only child I would ask, isn't an older brother a good enough toy?
I know that hubby and his brothers always found something to do.

So did my brothers. Unfortunately for me, being the only girl and 6 years younger than the youngest brother, it was "Mommmmmmmmmmmmm, get her out of my room!"

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

tall4agirl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tall4agirl
daj59 wrote:So did my brothers. Unfortunately for me, being the only girl and 6 years younger than the youngest brother, it was "Mommmmmmmmmmmmm, get her out of my room!"

Evenin', all.

I wasn't enough of a tom-boy to be allowed to hang out with my brothers. :/

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
SkekTek wrote:hopefully this will make you all laugh: toys in bed!

That's Ben (two next month)

I've got to share a picture with you, I'll find it in a minute!

ThunderThighs

Staff

tall4agirl wrote:Evenin', all.

I wasn't enough of a tom-boy to be allowed to hang out with my brothers. :/

I was a tomboy but they were so much older -- 6, 8 & 10 years older to be exact.

I shadowed them whenever I could though.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

tall4agirl

daj59 wrote:I was a tomboy but they were so much older -- 6, 8 & 10 years older to be exact.

I shadowed them whenever I could though.

My sister was like that, but they were pretty good at shaking her. She's 6 and 7 years younger than my brothers.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
tall4agirl wrote:My sister was like that, but they were pretty good at shaking her. She's 6 and 7 years younger than my brothers.

Were you driving during that white-out we had a little while ago?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

tall4agirl

pooflady wrote:I hope Tall's home. We've had snow showers off and on all day, but all of sudden it's like a white-out We can hardly see across the street.

...just catching up.

I drove through a white-out in Blue Ash on my way down 71. I was home before it got here. The grass is white even though it only snowed for about 20 minutes!

pooflady

tall4agirl wrote:...just catching up.

I drove through a white-out in Blue Ash on my way down 71. I was home before it got here. The grass is white even though it only snowed for about 20 minutes!

Yeah, and one side of all the trees are white here.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

zea3

O.K. Skek, if your still around, and everyone else as well...
Good afternoon! I posted this when I first started "talking" here.

This is my then 6 year old son's room after I asked him to clean it. When he finished this is what I saw from the hallway. I thought "Great! I'll go get the vacuum and finish up for him."

Then I came back with the vacuum and opened the door the rest of the way...

Me- "Where are you going to sleep tonight?"

Son- "In my bed."

Me- "Where?"

Son- "Oh."

That pile is covering two beds by the way. His trundle bed was pulled out and is also under the mountain of toys!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

OK. Just finished taking a pork tenderloin, herbing it with oregano, basil, and rosemary, salting and peppering. Then wrapped with bacon, put meat thermometer in, , coated with Olivia d Olio, and into 400 degree oven until temp reaches 155.
have potatoes cut up, to add for roasting after it cooks a while, too.

Wife bought a merlot yesterday, so it isn't perfect, but not a bad dinner.

tall4agirl

I remember that story, Zea. It's a classic!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
tall4agirl wrote:I remember that story, Zea. It's a classic!

That is a great story, I bet you told him to get everything off the floor put away. I tell daughter the same thing, but she hasn't thought about the bed yet, although her bay window is a frequent dumping spot.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

zea3

tall4agirl wrote:I remember that story, Zea. It's a classic!

Hi tall, how's it going?

zea3

KtCallista wrote:That is a great story, I bet you told him to get everything off the floor put away. I tell daughter the same thing, but she hasn't thought about the bed yet, although her bay window is a frequent dumping spot.

He has two large tubs and 2 sets of stacking bins in the corner of the room that are usually empty because his stuff is all over the room!

tall4agirl

zea3 wrote:Hi tall, how's it going?

Pretty good, thanks. Work is still busy as heck, but at least high school basketball is over and I have more free evening time now.

I love watching the kids play, but I was starting to get tired of being at games 3 nights a week.

How're things down your way?

zea3

tall4agirl wrote:Pretty good, thanks. Work is still busy as heck, but at least high school basketball is over and I have more free evening time now.

I love watching the kids play, but I was starting to get tired of being at games 3 nights a week.

How're things down your way?

Thats a lot of being a good aunt! I didn't put a cover over the pool so my last couple of weekends have been spent converting it from bass pond to sparkling oasis! Spring break in a couple of weeks and the boys are going to want to swim.

tall4agirl

zea3 wrote:Thats a lot of being a good aunt! I didn't put a cover over the pool so my last couple of weekends have been spent converting it from bass pond to sparkling oasis! Spring break in a couple of weeks and the boys are going to want to swim.

heh. There's no swimming on Spring Break here! brrrrrrrr!

(but I'm going to Las Vegas, so I might be able to swim )

zea3

tall4agirl wrote:heh. There's no swimming on Spring Break here! brrrrrrrr!

(but I'm going to Las Vegas, so I might be able to swim )

If it stays sunny the water temp may be up to 70 by then! They did that last year and I thought they were nuts!
Have fun in Vegas! If I send you a dollar can you win me a million?

tall4agirl

zea3 wrote:If it stays sunny the water temp may be up to 70 by then! They did that last year and I thought they were nuts!
Have fun in Vegas! If I send you a dollar can you win me a million?

I'm not that lucky. I'll be happy to come home with any money in my pocket!

zea3

tall4agirl wrote:I'm not that lucky. I'll be happy to come home with any money in my pocket!

I figure I'm just too cheap to gamble! I don't think I would be able to have fun with it. The schitzy coke machine at work is as close as I come to gambling!
Gotta go do some dishes, see you later!

tall4agirl

zea3 wrote:I figure I'm just too cheap to gamble! I don't think I would be able to have fun with it. The schitzy coke machine at work is as close as I come to gambling!
Gotta go do some dishes, see you later!

Nice chatting with you. Good luck with the Coke machine! :p

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Hi everybody. Walked, husband gave MIL shot, put her to bed, had dinner, got to clean up the kitchen. See you guys tomorrow.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
zea3 wrote:O.K. Skek, if your still around, and everyone else as well...
Good afternoon! I posted this when I first started "talking" here.

(clean-looking room)

Then I came back with the vacuum and opened the door the rest of the way...

bed piled high

LOL!!

Yeah, the kids' rooms usually look like a little people factory exploded.

pooflady

Josephus wrote:OK. Just finished taking a pork tenderloin, herbing it with oregano, basil, and rosemary, salting and peppering. Then wrapped with bacon, put meat thermometer in, , coated with Olivia d Olio, and into 400 degree oven until temp reaches 155.
have potatoes cut up, to add for roasting after it cooks a while, too.

Wife bought a merlot yesterday, so it isn't perfect, but not a bad dinner.

Sure sounds near perfect to me. "Wrapped with bacon" Explain, please. A few pieces over the top. Completely covered?

pooflady

I just saw a commercial for AXE deodorant for men. I guess I'm turning into my mother, but that commercial sure seemed to me like 30 seconds of foreplay and I think I would have been embarrassed watching it with my kids.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:I just saw a commercial for AXE deodorant for men. I guess I'm turning into my mother, but that commercial sure seemed to me like 30 seconds of foreplay and I think I would have been embarrassed watching it with my kids.

now I don't feel so bad for counting the crotch shots while watching America's best Ballroom Dancing.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

Did anyone buy that photo frame? If so you should give us the info so we can put photos on it. :P

Still single, can't imagine why.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
pooflady wrote:I just saw a commercial for AXE deodorant for men. I guess I'm turning into my mother, but that commercial sure seemed to me like 30 seconds of foreplay and I think I would have been embarrassed watching it with my kids.

That's not the stupid one where the stinky guy sprays himself, then peels off the "stink" as a girl comes up, is it?

pooflady

SkekTek wrote:That's not the stupid one where the stinky guy sprays himself, then peels off the "stink" as a girl comes up, is it?

No. This one, a hunk comes out of the bathroom with red boxers on and the girl on the bed is obviously impressed and they start rolling around on the bed and then the floor. I'm not sure it's deodorant because they were saying something about how skin feels.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Well, I accomplished one of my goals for the weekend -- Making my son miserable by going up to his room with trashbags for weeding through junk. We threw out 3 big bags of stuff. Mostly old magazines and junk. But he got all his DVDs put back in the cases -- that is, where we could find the corresponding cases or the DVD.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

daj59 wrote:Well, I accomplished one of my goals for the weekend -- Making my son miserable by going up to his room with trashbags for weeding through junk. We threw out 3 big bags of stuff. Mostly old magazines and junk. But he got all his DVDs put back in the cases -- that is, where we could find the corresponding cases or the DVD.

Wow, I'm impressed. Did he sulk?

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Wow, I'm impressed. Did he sulk?

No, he was surprisingly docile during the entire event. He can actually use his drawing table now so that should be nice for him.

FORUM MODERATOR

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

POOF!!!!

Remember the green guy in Josephus sig line....Well The Fairly OddParents, just had a baby and named it POOF!

You are a cartoon. Or the writers are wooters.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:POOF!!!!

Remember the green guy in Josephus sig line....Well The Fairly OddParents, just had a baby and named it POOF!

You are a cartoon. Or the writers are wooters.

But it's a boy!

And don't you have anything better to do than watch that?

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli

Evening folks. Just a quick drive-by. I may not be around as much cuz this afternoon the you know whats at work appear to have blocked woot as well as any/all shopping and e-mail sites.

Husband is home tonight, so can't be rude sitting over here at the computer. See you sometimes...

pooflady

krapposelli wrote:Evening folks. Just a quick drive-by. I may not be around as much cuz this afternoon the you know whats at work appear to have blocked woot as well as any/all shopping and e-mail sites.

Husband is home tonight, so can't be rude sitting over here at the computer. See you sometimes...

Awwwww.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:But it's a boy!

And don't you have anything better to do than watch that?

How did you know it was a boy????

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

krapposelli wrote:Evening folks. Just a quick drive-by. I may not be around as much cuz this afternoon the you know whats at work appear to have blocked woot as well as any/all shopping and e-mail sites.

Drat, that wasn't nice of them. Start a protest.

Check in as often as you can.

FORUM MODERATOR

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

You need a new job!!!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:How did you know it was a boy????

Googled it.