no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
KtCallista wrote:Okay my baby thinks I am being mean again. Off I go for a bit.



Ms. KtC,
Mrs. 1 makes me put lotion on Miss 1 because it makes Miss 1 cry.

kenney9226


quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
no1 wrote:Mr. Kneny,
Is this where one of them is revealed to be an android, and his logic circuits overheat and starts to smoke?



That would be cool. Apparently, one congressman asked the lawyer sitting between them if he was a potted plant!

1:20 p.m. ET
The committee reconvened after a 15 minute break that lasted almost 30 minutes.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
KtCallista wrote:Umm no III would be the one where Aniken becomes Vader.


Ms. KtC,

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! YOU JUST SPOILED IT FOR ME!!!!

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
kenney9226 wrote:1:20 p.m. ET
The committee reconvened after a 15 minute potty break that lasted almost 30 minutes.


TMI, Mr. Kneny.

terrimeyers


quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrimeyers
no1 wrote:TMI, Mr. Kneny.



or UTI?


Thanks SS for my new togs!

kenney9226


quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
no1 wrote:TMI, Mr. Kneny.



just doing my part to spread the joy to the masses.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
kenney9226 wrote:just doing my part to spread the joy to the masses.



Hopefully they washed their hands or they're gonna spread more than joy...

kenney, you're just Johnny on the Spot with postings today. Must be a slow day.

kenney9226


quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
SkekTek wrote:Hopefully they washed their hands or they're gonna spread more than joy...

kenney, you're just Johnny on the Spot with postings today. Must be a slow day.



"It’s hard not to note that Democratic members of the committee generally are going after Roger Clemens, while Republican members tend to go after Brian McNamee."

Yes, relatively slow today.

I am directly copying this form the NYTimes website. they have a LIVEBLOGGER watching the hearings and reporting with updates. Please don't think I made this up myself.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
kenney9226 wrote:"It’s hard not to note that Democratic members of the committee generally are going after Roger Clemens, while Republican members tend to go after Brian McNamee."

Yes, relatively slow today.

I am directly copying this form the NYTimes website. they have a LIVEBLOGGER watching the hearings and reporting with updates. Please don't think I made this up myself.



I know. I won't be able to watch Sports Center tonight... that's all they'll talk about. Finding weird graphics and almost-submitted t-shirt design remnants on the website, like this:


SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

And this...

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
no1 wrote:Ms. KtC,

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! YOU JUST SPOILED IT FOR ME!!!!



Then my life is complete!


...... I mean I am so sorry. I thought you knew.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
KtCallista wrote:Then my life is complete!


...... I mean I am so sorry. I thought you knew.



Ms. KtC,

Geez, I thought he was the Chosen One, the one who will bring balance to the Force. I was so sure... now I wonder what they'll do in Episode IV!

Bryan818


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
SkekTek wrote:I know. I won't be able to watch Sports Center tonight... that's all they'll talk about. Finding weird graphics and almost-submitted t-shirt design remnants on the website, like this:



the world has real problems but they feel the need to focus on steroid use...
rediculous

Please check it out

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Well, there goes first. I'm out of the hotness in the derby and the post-its is still up near the top. damn post-its....

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
kenney9226 wrote:"It’s hard not to note that Democratic members of the committee generally are going after Roger Clemens, while Republican members tend to go after Brian McNamee."

Yes, relatively slow today.

I am directly copying this form the NYTimes website. they have a LIVEBLOGGER watching the hearings and reporting with updates. Please don't think I made this up myself.



I watched most of it. Though I have little reason to support Roger Clemens, as I never rooted for any of the teams he was on, I have to say that he seemed truthful, while the other guy, the trainer, seemed somewhat less believable. Just the fact that he held on to bloody gauze from an injection of Roger Clemens for five or more years raises a lot of question in my mind. Additionally, the other guy admitted to lying about a lot of things. Much of the questioning of Clemens was somewhat deceptive- the chairman, Waxman, I think, raised what appeared to be a completely irrelevant issue about Clemens' nanny during his time, and there was really nothing there. They called his lawyers on Friday about locating the nanny, and on Monday Clemens produced her, and she said sort of incriminating things about him. Idiotically, he met with her over the weekend, and she testified that he told her to tell the investigators the truth, which she apparently did. Waxman intimated that CLemens was in some way trying to alter her testimony, though apparently he did not affect the testimony. Clemens claimed that they asked him to find her for them, and he found her for them. end of story.
from his perspective, that sounds like the truth. I just didn't see anything that led me to believe that he was lying or that he was taking steroids or HGH.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Josephus wrote:Just the fact that he held on to bloody gauze from an injection of Roger Clemens for five or more years raises a lot of question in my mind.



Dr. J, doesn't everybody do that?

BTW, it's gotta be more than 500 shirts a day, which is a lot more than 1000/week.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

[quote postid="1951061" user="SkekTek"]I know. I won't be able to watch Sports Center tonight... that's all they'll talk about. Finding weird graphics and almost-submitted t-shirt design remnants on the website, like this:

Gee, all this time on your hands and I somehow must have missed your Dodgeball entry.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
no1 wrote:Dr. J, doesn't everybody do that?

BTW, it's gotta be more than 500 shirts a day, which is a lot more than 1000/week.


Oh, geeze. I forgot about the dailies.

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

The US population is over 300 million.

Assuming an average of about 3500 shirts per week, they've sold 101,500 shirts. lets say 100,000, being simpleminded. That is approximately 0.034 percent of the US population, assuming each sale was to a single person, and no-one bought more than one. So, about 34 people per 100,000 own a woot shirt, a generous estimate. Out of every 10,000 people you see, you might expect to see about 3-4 shirts. Assuming they only own 1 shirt of any kind.

edit: better, mr no1?

terrimeyers


quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrimeyers
Josephus wrote:The US population is over 300 million.

Assuming an average of about 3500 shirts per week, they've sold 101,500 shirts. lets say 100,000, being simpleminded. That is approximately 0.034 percent of the US population, assuming each sale was to a single person, and no-one bought more than one. So, about 34 people per 100,000 own a woot shirt, a generous estimate. Out of every 10,000 people you see, you might expect to see about 3-4 shirts. Assuming they only own 1 shirt of any kind.

edit: better, mr no1?


and also happen to be wearing it on the day that you see them.


Thanks SS for my new togs!

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

I'm out of meetings for the day. I hope. Going to a Valentine's dinner at church tonight. What are the rest of you guys doing this afternoon? It is blowing very fine snow.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
joyner wrote:I'm out of meetings for the day. I hope. Going to a Valentine's dinner at church tonight. What are the rest of you guys doing this afternoon? It is blowing very fine snow.



Younger son and two grandsons coming for dinner so we can give the kids their Valentines. Need to start that shortly. Then they, along with husband, are going bowling (not the kids), and I have proofing this evening.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

terrimeyers


quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrimeyers
joyner wrote:I'm out of meetings for the day. I hope. Going to a Valentine's dinner at church tonight. What are the rest of you guys doing this afternoon? It is blowing very fine snow.



work...post...work...post... see the pattern here?


Thanks SS for my new togs!

krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
terrimeyers wrote:work...post...work...post... see the pattern here?



What, no studying?

I'm probably going to be tired and cranky, fuss at the kids, send their little butts to bed, watch some tv, read some of the book, then fall asleep. Oh, and probably do some work to make up for coming in late this morning. Don't have any plans for Valentines Day - husband is working. We might go out to dinner this weekend, but it won't be a "romantic dinner" as we'll have the kids with us. Unless.... we schlep the kids off on some poor, unsuspecting fool....

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
terrimeyers wrote:and also happen to be wearing it on the day that you see them.



I suppose that's more likely for the ladies you might see, dang it, but you're right, lots of guys do hang out, heh, without a shirt.

terrimeyers


quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrimeyers
krapposelli wrote:What, no studying?


Im blessed with an unnatural ability to remember things. or sometimes cursed depending on how you look at it. I will start studying a day before the exam and not have any problems.


Thanks SS for my new togs!

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Josephus wrote:The US population is over 300 million.

Assuming an average of about 3500 shirts per week, they've sold 101,500 shirts. lets say 100,000, being simpleminded. That is approximately 0.034 percent of the US population, assuming each sale was to a single person, and no-one bought more than one. So, about 34 people per 100,000 own a woot shirt, a generous estimate. Out of every 10,000 people you see, you might expect to see about 3-4 shirts. Assuming they only own 1 shirt of any kind.

edit: better, mr no1?


Much, Dr. J. You could easily see that many people at a major league baseball or basketball game, or possibly a rock concert. Mabe a couple dozen trips to the mall.

krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
terrimeyers wrote:Im blessed with an unnatural ability to remember things. or sometimes cursed depending on how you look at it. I will start studying a day before the exam and not have any problems.



I actually had the same skill - then I had kids and now my memory is shot. My sister wasn't lucky enough to get that skill and would study her butt off and still struggle on tests.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
pooflady wrote:[quote postid="1951061" user="SkekTek"]I know. I won't be able to watch Sports Center tonight... that's all they'll talk about. Finding weird graphics and almost-submitted t-shirt design remnants on the website, like this:

Gee, all this time on your hands and I somehow must have missed your Dodgeball entry.



Nope. Haven't submitted them yet. Will be doing that tonight before the deadline, while balancing writing a lab and an exam... sheesh. Long night it'll be.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

I'm going home. See you guys tomorrow.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Josephus wrote:The US population is over 300 million.

Assuming an average of about 3500 shirts per week, they've sold 101,500 shirts. lets say 100,000, being simpleminded. That is approximately 0.034 percent of the US population, assuming each sale was to a single person, and no-one bought more than one. So, about 34 people per 100,000 own a woot shirt, a generous estimate. Out of every 10,000 people you see, you might expect to see about 3-4 shirts. Assuming they only own 1 shirt of any kind.

edit: better, mr no1?



I have seen 2, but that was in a big city (Philly), so I probably see more people. I my self own 5-6. Of course, I only bought 3, but due to woot screwups I got more: Once I ordered two XL's and they sent me a 2XL. After a week, they sent me the two shirts I ordered and got to keep the biggie (the one with the yellow honeyeater bird of course). And I got a topo replacement when they fixed the turquoise issue. Plus the jellyfish one and the tan whale/stilts/boat scale shirt.

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
SkekTek wrote:I have seen 2, but that was in a big city (Philly), so I probably see more people. I my self own 5-6. Of course, I only bought 3, but due to woot screwups I got more: Once I ordered two XL's and they sent me a 2XL. After a week, they sent me the two shirts I ordered and got to keep the biggie (the one with the yellow honeyeater bird of course). And I got a topo replacement when they fixed the turquoise issue. Plus the jellyfish one and the tan whale/stilts/boat scale shirt.



I think about half of my orders have been screwed up. Plus the one I got from d'name that was the wrong size in an unopened bag- woot sent her a replacement which she sent to me and was correct.

Raining


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining

posted in wrong thread


SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Josephus wrote:I think about half of my orders have been screwed up. Plus the one I got from d'name that was the wrong size in an unopened bag- woot sent her a replacement which she sent to me and was correct.



Gotta love woot.

I gotta hope that there will soon be little leaky fish pocket shirts out there soon too... if I can stay ahead of your fellow contest-grader shan...

terrimeyers


quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrimeyers

Well... The college has closed early. I get to go home now. kinda sucks because i can sit here and make money while playing on woot, or I can go home and just woot.


Thanks SS for my new togs!

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Hello . . . what's up?

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Hello . . . what's up?

The sky.
The birds.
The clouds.
The Space Station.
Some stocks.

Weird question.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
daj59 wrote:The sky.
The birds.
The clouds.
The Space Station.
Some stocks.

Weird question.



Then, g;night.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Well, the happy bowlers just left and I sit here with red pen in hand.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Well, the happy bowlers just left and I sit here with red pen in hand.

Red Pen Inc



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders
Back To Top