spiderdyne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spiderdyne
Re: BASE JUMPER

Sweet design! I love the look on his face!

Babbaganusch??!Dolphins

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
klswoot wrote:What's an sw tag....sorry...I'm always terrible at figuring these out without help.

shirt.woot

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Hazelnuts wrote:MILK!

It's a little known fact that calendars are entirely made of milk. Just droppin' some knowledge from your friendly neighborhood Adder.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
eyeslikesugar wrote:shirt.woot

I put my Rodent's Revenge shirt on yesterday, and I noticed it didn't have a shirt.woot tag, just an American Apparel tag. I feel cheated. :-(

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

belean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages belean
Re: Join The Awesome Party

really, who's wearing this?

belean

Re: Giraffe Leap Years Calendar

i said this during the fairy derby two weeks ago... woot has been overrun by eight year old girls. this is one design even the care bears would find childish.

eyeslikesugar

SailorButterfly wrote:I put my Rodent's Revenge shirt on yesterday, and I noticed it didn't have a shirt.woot tag, just an American Apparel tag. I feel cheated. :-(

Ooh! I have that shirt. Now I need to wait to get home from work to go see... I hope it has a shirt.woot tag. ; ;

Yeah.. that's what I dislike about uneetee; the American Apparel tags. I know a tag is insignificant for the design of the shirt itself, but I think it feels more personal. That, plus the fact that daily uneetee shirts (now weekly) have gone up from $10 to $12, I don't think they'll be seeing very much of my money. =/

eyeslikesugar

belean wrote:really, who's wearing this?

apparently 144 people.

ViolaineGray

quality posts: 12 Private Messages ViolaineGray

Wow, I really love this one. I hope it gets more of a bump in the coming days. Good luck from a Biochem major. ;)

---
Turn your scars into stars.

acpersons

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acpersons
Re: Flying Squirrel

I apologize for all the re-submits. I didn't think of making him a flying elvis until after the fact. I wish I was a flying squirrel.

spiderdyne

I think I like this revision better nice job.

Babbaganusch??!Dolphins

belean

Re: Optical Illusion of Leap Year

wow, after looking closely, it's still as unappealing as the thumbnail. great work.

acpersons

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acpersons
spiderdyne wrote:I think I like this revision better nice job.

Thank you.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Hazelnuts wrote:why is this in the top. i really dont get it. do the wooters really like this stuff?

People seem to love cute animals. I have a ton of charcoal shirts, so I probably won't be purchasing it when it gets printed, but I can definitely see why people like it. It's good fun and makes people smile. I'm sure that explains at least a few of the votes. Also, the design allows the wearer to use it more than just Feb.29 2008. He/ She used a more general calendar idea that makes the design more than just a 2/28/08 shirt.

spiderdyne

belean wrote:wow, after looking closely, it's still as unappealing as the thumbnail. great work.

wow... captain negative much??

Babbaganusch??!Dolphins

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating
belean wrote:wow, after looking closely, it's still as unappealing as the thumbnail. great work.

Is that really necessary? If you don't like it just don't vote for it.

klswoot

eyeslikesugar wrote:shirt.woot

How loud can I yell....DUH? Now that you tell me, I feel extra stupid. Wow. SW totally flew over my head.

belean

Re: Til leap year gives her one day more.

this design hath sucketh. ye carebears of yore do certainly deplore.

Iambusyeating

belean wrote:this design hath sucketh. ye carebears of yore do certainly deplore.

I'm tired of you. Go away.

Gumiho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
Re: Leap Day Serpent

Hm, I like the design more than fairly well, but I'm going to have to pass on the ego mark. Good luck though.

spiderdyne

belean wrote:this design hath sucketh. ye carebears of yore do certainly deplore.

Seriously, if you have something constructive to say then please say it. I agree that some shirts are not for me so I would not vote for them. But acting like a 12 year old child has convinced me to never vote for anything you do. Congrats!

Babbaganusch??!Dolphins

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

klswoot wrote:What's an sw tag....sorry...I'm always terrible at figuring these out without help.

Shirt.woot.

EDIT: *sigh* Late to the party again.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

rogueangel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogueangel

Greetings Brizz,

I suppose that all these people that are turned off by signatures must be the same crowd that refuses to purchase a Van Gogh print because of that annoying "Vincent" on the lower right hand corner. (Wha?! Now he's comparing himself to Van Gogh, how truly pretentious!) I may not be as know as Van Gogh, but I am an artist and my chosen medium is electronic. I'm sure you'll agree that as such it's impractical for my work to only exist on a monitor.

From the age of designers working in mediums like public art (Banksy, Shepard Fairey) custom urban vinyl toys (Frank Kozik, Patrick Ma) and t-shirts (Tokidoki, and the girls of spicy brown), I would like to ask you to join us in the 21 century. T-shirts aren't just something you toss on anymore, these are personal preferences, political views and pieces of art that just happen to also be articles of clothing.

Frankly if the use of my signature holds me back from winning a woot contest, I still win. I got the chance to push myself beyond my limits and produce a design that otherwise may not have existed. Keep an eye out brizz, because what you view as pretentious is really my ambition to make a mark in this world (yes, like Jean-Michel Basquiat, Leonardo da Vinci, and Andy Warhol did).

I greatly appreciate all the support I've received from fellow wooters, and the challenge that woot gives me every week. -Rogue Angel

”One against the collective.” -Rogue Angel

Iambusyeating

klswoot wrote:To win on your first entry is fantastic. I know...I don't want to get your hopes up because the contest has several days left and I don't want to jinx it. But I suspect you are in pretty good shape for at least one of the top 3 positions. If I was a betting gal....I'd put you, the Giraffe's and TGentry's entry in the top 3.

Have you seen Cwarrignton's site shirtderbystats.com . If you visit the current derby and click on the top 10, you can see his estimates based on an algorithm he uses with hotness votes. He's been pretty good at establishing the right rank even if the votes are sometimes off. Here's a link to the current derby's top 10 and their vote estimates.

Thanks for your confidence. That site is really cool and it will be interesting to see how accurate it is.
Here is what the current model of the shirt I have on my computer looks like: The Pi's are more elegant that atrocious typo was fixed and I made the equals sign an "approximately equal" sign.

personnemaime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages personnemaime
klswoot wrote:Iambusy....What about this....? If you want to give the approx. measurement of 365.25, couldn't you simply change your proof to include a squiggly line that represents "approximately" rather than solid lines that represent the "equal to" sign? Maybe that would allow you to keep the number that you want and please the math folks who want it to be more accurately presented.

You did see the earlier post about the first equal sign needing to be changed to a multiplication sign in the last line, right?

Just wanted to make sure because I definitely believe you are in a great position to be printed this week. Congratulations. (My husband is a statistician/econometrician, so I may just have to buy one for him...in fact, we met in a Ph.D. program for Econometrics....so I may need one too for the math element! Ahhhh spending too much money on woot shirts these days!!)

Congratulations again! Will this be your first derby win?

I agree that you should use the squiggly lines instead of the equals sign. That way, non math minded people would get it, but it would still be accurate. I was going to suggest that the other day, but I forgot.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

NotAGirl wrote:seriously folks.....
is everyone here a 15 year old girl?
WHO. WOULD. WEAR. THIS.
i mean, it's better than faries and unicorns but not by much.
sorry. i can't take it anymore.

Hmmm. Yes? I'm a 15 (+8) year old girl. Does that count? And I'd wear it.

You don't have to like the shirt but there's no reason to create an account for the purpose of dissing it and the artist.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

NotAGirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NotAGirl
Re: Aztec Stonemasons hated leap day

should have just live traced it and jammed a crack in it. looks a lot better.
plus it only took me about 5 minutes to do.... 3 of which were spent looking for the image online. nice job.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

That's not a very nice thing to say. You could try saying *why* you don't like it...

rogueangel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogueangel
klswoot wrote:Rogue- Did you have a company make one for you...or is it just a digital stamp?

Greetings klswoot,

I currently have two versions of the chop, the dirty version I use electronically (as you can see on woot), while the clean version I'm in the process of manufacturing a physical form. Since I created the final designs in Illustrator I was able to laser cut wood and plastic blocks, but I still need to make a handle to properly hold them. If you'd like more info then perhaps there's a way for us to trade email addresses through woot? Thanks klswoot, sincerely, Rogue Angel.

”One against the collective.” -Rogue Angel

female

quality posts: 0 Private Messages female
rogueangel wrote:Greetings Brizz,

I suppose that all these people that are turned off by signatures must be the same crowd that refuses to purchase a Van Gogh print because of that annoying "Vincent" on the lower right hand corner. (Wha?! Now he's comparing himself to Van Gogh, how truly pretentious!) I may not be as know as Van Gogh, but I am an artist and my chosen medium is electronic. I'm sure you'll agree that as such it's impractical for my work to only exist on a monitor.

From the age of designers working in mediums like public art (Banksy, Shepard Fairey) custom urban vinyl toys (Frank Kozik, Patrick Ma) and t-shirts (Tokidoki, and the girls of spicy brown), I would like to ask you to join us in the 21 century. T-shirts aren't just something you toss on anymore, these are personal preferences, political views and pieces of art that just happen to also be articles of clothing.

Frankly if the use of my signature holds me back from winning a woot contest, I still win. I got the chance to push myself beyond my limits and produce a design that otherwise may not have existed. Keep an eye out brizz, because what you view as pretentious is really my ambition to make a mark in this world (yes, like Jean-Michel Basquiat, Leonardo da Vinci, and Andy Warhol did).

I greatly appreciate all the support I've received from fellow wooters, and the challenge that woot gives me every week. -Rogue Angel

I'm of the opinion that Tshirts shouldn't have signatures on them unless they are reproductions of an art piece or done by a famous or important designer. I can't think of the last time I saw a sig on a shirt at Threadless or DBH. If they are on there, they're hidden or barely visible. Doing a big stamp as an unknown artist doing marginal work is a bit tacky and will turn off a lot of people from wanting your designs I think. Just my opinion, they're your designs and you're more than welcome to keep stamping them on there.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

NotAGirl wrote:should have just live traced it and jammed a crack in it. looks a lot better.
plus it only took me about 5 minutes to do.... 3 of which were spent looking for the image online. nice job.

*snip*

Why? Kenny, do you think that was necessary? Since he already told us that he used a borrowed image and hand traced it, what was the purpose of posting that? The only reason I can see is mean-natured. It's slightly disheartening to think you took time out of your day to be mean here. So I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say that I've misunderstood you. Please tell me what you really meant. ^_^

And for the record, I think his looks much nicer than the livetrace.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy

I like it either way. Funny!

hookajoe

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hookajoe

It's good to know you've always got one clean shirt in the back of the closet

NotAGirl

Re: Its A Leap Year!

i would only wear it if it was bigger on the shirt.... possibly wrapped entirely around it.

klswoot

Thanks for all the support from the other derbiers.

This negative comment actually made me smile. At least an attempt was made to make it sound nicer via a nod to Shakespeare.

Belean has a secret love for Carebears, so it's okay. I finally got a carebears mention in a woot derby. (I'll add that one to my daily journal.) So, it's all good.

But, Belean you really needn't bother yourself with the comments on my entry. It's not going to place in the top four, so your efforts are probably better spent on trying to sway voters on the ones that really matter.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
rogueangel wrote:Greetings Brizz,

Not trying to pile on here, or anything but... As a shirt enthusiast and fledgling shirt designer, I'd never vote for, buy, or wear a shirt with a visible signature on the front. Part of the reason I like t-shirts so much is because you get to wear a cool design instead of some corporate logo, and to me adding a signature just takes the design backwards to that logo place. I'd rather wear something without the branding, thanks.

That said, part of the reason that you never see signatures on sites like DBH and Threadless is because on those sites, the winning artist's name appears printed on the inside of the shirt, where the tag is. It'd be cool if Woot got to that point some day, though obviously there's some added expenses and time involved.

klswoot

rogueangel wrote:Greetings klswoot,

I currently have two versions of the chop, the dirty version I use electronically (as you can see on woot), while the clean version I'm in the process of manufacturing a physical form. Since I created the final designs in Illustrator I was able to laser cut wood and plastic blocks, but I still need to make a handle to properly hold them. If you'd like more info then perhaps there's a way for us to trade email addresses through woot? Thanks klswoot, sincerely, Rogue Angel.

You can send me a private message (PM) via Woot, or visit my website. (StudioArtworks.com) Thanks! I'd love to learn how you are doing it!

NotAGirl

Re: Til leap year gives her one day more.

i think we should all stop acting like the 15 year old girls we are and toughen up a bit. ever been critiqued in an art class. ain't always bunnies and fairies. people should learn from their mistakes instead of waiting for sympathy votes. i've seen this design enough already. and color scheme for that matter.

yeeter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
frogboyjb wrote:I doubt very many people here have even seen Spinal Tap.

I hope everyone has fun wearing that giraffe shirt.

Awww Crud! I forgot that everybody is not my age!

Kids! Go watch "This is Spinal Tap" then come back here and vote for my shirt, and share a chuckle with me.

VOTE!

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
klswoot wrote:Brizz- I think you might be mistaking Andy with Anthony. Both came to shirt.woot at about the same time and both have numbers after their name. It was Anthony's design that GF identified from the Graffiti derby, not Andy's.

ah....my bad.