Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
thatrobert wrote:Best Loser Awards announced. Six big winners this time. Check it out at http://BestLosers.com

Hey ThatRobert,
I really appreciate your site. It's fun to read every week.
-Andy

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Andy47240 wrote:Hey ThatRobert,
I really appreciate your site. It's fun to read every week.
-Andy

Thanks! Nice to know I'm not just talking to myself!

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
JadenKale wrote:I find her alluring kinda like Sophia Loren in her hey day. I'm not comparing their acting, just the look. When she doesn't look out of it, she has that Mediterranean sassy feel about her. She is a little thin but not like people such as Paris Hilton, the Olsen Twins, or even Calista Flockhart (which that may or may not be medical... I've heard different things about her).

*shrugs* Personally, for me, I find her eyes and her lips her most appealing features.

You actually look as high as her eyes?

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
thatrobert wrote:Thanks! Nice to know I'm not just talking to myself!

No way! I read it too.. Really enjoy it. Very well done and user friendly.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
2thFairy wrote:No way! I read it too.. Really enjoy it. Very well done and user friendly.

I agree Robert. Really well done. I enjoy the new Printerview sections too.

You know...I was just reading some of the 'too girly" comments about the daily design. (Which don't bother me at all.) But, I looked at the current top 20 designs that Woot's offering. I only own 3 of them. Yet. I've bought about 30 shirts! So, it seems like what I "like" in a design are in clear contrast to what the general buying public like. I hadn't really noticed before...but when comparing to the top 20, I really must favor styles that diverge from the 'norm'. What about the rest of the designers. Do you own a lot of the top 20, or have you purchased more from those that have been reckoned quickly. Just curious!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Patchitect wrote:You actually look as high as her eyes?

hmmmm.... PM. *smirks*

JadenKale

thatrobert wrote:Thanks! Nice to know I'm not just talking to myself!

Nah you've got a wonderful fanbase here. I enjoy it quite a bit.

Patchitect

JadenKale wrote:hmmmm.... PM. *smirks*

mmmm stop teasing! and read yours!

Patchitect

Faith and Begorrah.. cho fell out, glass got in, and KLS is still in the running.. i totally need that shirt, since i missed out on the canvas!... mom would love it

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
Patchitect wrote:Faith and Begorrah.. cho fell out, glass got in, and KLS is still in the running.. i totally need that shirt, since i missed out on the canvas!... mom would love it

Sorry for being a total noob, but what phrase becomes "faith and begorrah"?

Also, I'm in disbelief. The cup is top of the hotness, too. It actually has a chance to be printed.

klswoot

Patchitect wrote:Faith and Begorrah.. cho fell out, glass got in, and KLS is still in the running.. i totally need that shirt, since i missed out on the canvas!... mom would love it

I swear...this derby thing gives me knots in the stomach. I'm better off not watching. I used to get so nervous preparing classes for Economics undergraduates and crazy nervous about public speaking. Once I started lecturing...no problem...just the initial preparation. I get the same feeling with the fog. Seriously. I almost want to just peek through my fingers. *giggles*!

Thank you to those keeping the koi in the running. You have no idea how exciting it is! THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!!

Patchitect

ansharp wrote:Sorry for being a total noob, but what phrase becomes "faith and begorrah"?

Also, I'm in disbelief. The cup is top of the hotness, too. It actually has a chance to be printed.

When you hit reply, you can see the actual text.. i've been warned i'm >this< close to gaining a probation, so if i filter evade one more time, i'm silent for the next 5 weeks....

stinkin VolMods©®℠℗™℡⊗⊙⊛⊕☺☻☿♔

ansharp

klswoot wrote:I swear...this derby thing gives me knots in the stomach. I'm better off not watching. I used to get so nervous preparing classes for Economics undergraduates and crazy nervous about public speaking. Once I started lecturing...no problem...just the initial preparation. I get the same feeling with the fog. Seriously. I almost want to just peek through my fingers. *giggles*!

Thank you to those keeping the koi in the running. You have no idea how exciting it is! THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!!

You're very close to having two shirts printed in one week, kls. That's got to be exciting and heart-rending.

Also, when I saw today's shirt, I said to myself "that looks like kls", but I didn't make the connection with your real name. I only figured out later that it really was you. I think it's awesome that you have a style that's so distinct (even if it's not for me) that I could pick it up in the four or so weeks I've been participating in the derbies. Congrats.

ansharp

Patchitect wrote:When you hit reply, you can see the actual text.. i've been warned i'm >this< close to gaining a probation, so if i filter evade one more time, i'm silent for the next 5 weeks....

stinkin VolMods©®℠℗™℡⊗⊙⊛⊕☺☻☿♔

Clever, thanks. Glad you didn't waste an evasion on me. Need to save it for an important Faith and Begorrah!

klswoot

ansharp wrote:You're very close to having two shirts printed in one week, kls. That's got to be exciting and heart-rending.

Also, when I saw today's shirt, I said to myself "that looks like kls", but I didn't make the connection with your real name. I only figured out later that it really was you. I think it's awesome that you have a style that's so distinct (even if it's not for me) that I could pick it up in the four or so weeks I've been participating in the derbies. Congrats.

It's surreal. Really! It's nice to know that you saw the design and thought of me. I signed the contract for this design about 2 months ago and Joel didn't want something similar offered in the derby until after the design printed. The snail one in the quitter derby was along these lines, but I asked permission before entering that one. So, it's nice to have this one printed and now know that I can use the crazy wild ones in the derby again. I'll have to keep this in mind when entering dailies as it puts a bit of a limit on what can be done for the derby.

Thanks ansharp!

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Patchitect wrote:stinkin VolMods©®℠℗™℡⊗⊙⊛⊕☺☻☿♔

What's with the pictures? o.ô

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

JadenKale

klswoot wrote:I swear...this derby thing gives me knots in the stomach. I'm better off not watching. I used to get so nervous preparing classes for Economics undergraduates and crazy nervous about public speaking. Once I started lecturing...no problem...just the initial preparation. I get the same feeling with the fog. Seriously. I almost want to just peek through my fingers. *giggles*!

Where do you think I've been? I've left the computer room twice tonight to keep myself from staring at the stats! I've been so nervous! And not just for me, but for you and Cho as well. Zenne's got it in the bag I'm gonna have butterflies all morning tomorrow. I can feel it.

JadenKale

superspryte wrote:What's with the pictures? o.ô

ROFL I found it rather amusing!

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz

My votes this week...

klswoot

JadenKale wrote:Where do you think I've been? I've left the computer room twice tonight to keep myself from staring at the stats! I've been so nervous! And not just for me, but for you and Cho as well. Zenne's got it in the bag I'm gonna have butterflies all morning tomorrow. I can feel it.

It's insane. Just imagine if woot moves to a larger fog. AH! The madness. It's even worse because my father and a younger brother seem to be so excited too. When I first entered the fog in the Pattern derby...I didn't even know it. But, I got a text message on my cell phone from my younger brother. (He's on the West Coast and I'm on the East Coast) It's funny how it becomes a family affair with my own little cheering section.

When DaVinci printed, my dad got online and said...I like your shirt, but I love the Sliced Bread shirt. He ended up buying 3 of mine and 2 of the sliced bread! That made me laugh!

It really is nuts....but in a good way. Good luck in the remaining few hours Jaden!

Zenne is definitely getting printed and I can hardly wait to see her vote count. It's going to be HUGE!

klswoot

Brizz- Voted for all the ones you voted for and a few others. The biggest surprise of the ones you pictured as far as the vote totals.....Bluchez' Ray and Cho's Water Buffalo. I thought the water buffalo was such a great idea. I wonder why it didn't click with the voters. The only thing that may have held it back (vote-wise) was the fullness of the buffalo body. Otherwise, I really can't see why this didn't get more votes.

WonderWooter

quality posts: 6 Private Messages WonderWooter
klswoot wrote:Brizz- Voted for all the ones you voted for and a few others. The biggest surprise of the ones you pictured as far as the vote totals.....Bluchez' Ray and Cho's Water Buffalo. I thought the water buffalo was such a great idea. I wonder why it didn't click with the voters. The only thing that may have held it back (vote-wise) was the fullness of the buffalo body. Otherwise, I really can't see why this didn't get more votes.

Well, nut cases like me are probably part of the problem. I didn't see "water" buffalo in the thumbnail, I just thought it was a funky looking animal or something.

I never clicked on it or anything to see what it was. Now that I see it, I kinda feel bad, about not appreciating it before now.

shesh, I have become an uniformed voter . .that bites

Don't be sexist. Broads hate that.

WonderWooter

quality posts: 6 Private Messages WonderWooter

my votes this week

I like the originality of this. It actually conveys the theme in a cute way, and on red

This is brothers and I like the idea, but also his execution is getting my better IMHO

Good idea, well executed

I love this blue ray, I really just wish it was a bigger pic of it

I mean, nessie is the da bomg

Another great idea with untraditional colors, it's a tad big on the shirt though

I am becoming a fan of these veggies

Don't be sexist. Broads hate that.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
JadenKale wrote:Where do you think I've been? I've left the computer room twice tonight to keep myself from staring at the stats! I've been so nervous! And not just for me, but for you and Cho as well. Zenne's got it in the bag I'm gonna have butterflies all morning tomorrow. I can feel it.

Thankfully I don't... can't pass a glass, can't get best losers love... Ah well, there's always tomorrow at noon...

sebing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sebing

when i saw blu ray, i thought it was a slam dunk contender, if only for the geek factor. but then i'm a dvdaholic and hang out with bluray/hddvd fanboys.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy

stupid cup.

tiaerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiaerman

Was the Unhappy Meeting shirt a daily? It is so simplistic I find it hard to believe that woot would have printed it if it wasn't because it won a derby. I don't know though so I wanted to ask veteran wooters. If this was a daily then who knows if their own submission will be chosen or not. I had just assumed that my simplistic style would mean no daily shirts for me.

Edit: This is kind of a random question i know... lolol.. sorry

There are 10 types of people: those who know binary, and those who don't.

yeeter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
SkekTek wrote:Thankfully I don't... can't pass a glass, can't get best losers love... Ah well, there's always tomorrow at noon...

That's right! Come on new Theme!!!

Seems I'm saying that pretty frequently...at least weekly (not weakly).

VOTE!

JadenKale

klswoot wrote:It's insane. Just imagine if woot moves to a larger fog. AH! The madness. It's even worse because my father and a younger brother seem to be so excited too. When I first entered the fog in the Pattern derby...I didn't even know it. But, I got a text message on my cell phone from my younger brother. (He's on the West Coast and I'm on the East Coast) It's funny how it becomes a family affair with my own little cheering section.

When DaVinci printed, my dad got online and said...I like your shirt, but I love the Sliced Bread shirt. He ended up buying 3 of mine and 2 of the sliced bread! That made me laugh!

It really is nuts....but in a good way. Good luck in the remaining few hours Jaden!

Zenne is definitely getting printed and I can hardly wait to see her vote count. It's going to be HUGE!

All I've done is told my family that I made a design. Last night at my father-in-law's birthday though, I brought along the gifts I got for my nephews (the cheapie ipod radio look alikes from sellout.woot: the 3yr old keeps wanting to steal my niece's real ipod and the boys got them for getting 2nd place in their ice hockey competition). My niece being the teen she is, came up behind me and teasingly whined where her gift was. I pulled her aside and told her that if things go well after tomorrow, she may very well get a shirt I created. She's ecstatic, but I had to tell her to keep it a secret between her and I til the end of the weekend. I want no chance of jinxing myself at this point and have a horde of family forcing themselves awake until 12 or 1am all weekend (I have some East coast cousins that are interested too).
Believe me, my mom's side of the family is huge (that's my Italian side) and all the cousins and aunts have to know what the eldest of the grandchildren is doing as an example for the others. The funny thing is, none of these people go to woot. Normally I just email them the designs and tell them the place I was in at the end of the week. So before people think I've got a bunch of votes from family, I don't and I don't beg them for that stuff.

My mom has fallen in love with your DaVinci shirt too, but she never told me before it got removed in the reckoning. She loved the unique layout and design.I wish she had seen it earlier, I would have bought her one. She's only asked for 2 shirts though (that I was able to go back and buy) since I started showing her my designs: TGentry's Dragontine (still working on pics for that) and InitialSam's All is Calm. She wears them around all the time.

I agree with you whole heartedly on Zenne's numbers. She's probably at 850 or so, that's my guess. Good luck to you KLS, and Cho! It's been a crazy roller coaster ride in the end, to say the least!

tiaerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiaerman
yeeter wrote:That's right! Come on new Theme!!!

Seems I'm saying that pretty frequently...at least weekly (not weakly).

Funny story here... On sunday, my gf and I are celebrating our 2 year anniversary of dating. So today at 5:45 when I told her that there were only 18.25 hours left, she was very confused. When she realized I was talking about the derby and not about Sunday she almost hit me... lolol. I thought it was funny though...

I too have been waiting for the new derby theme. I can't wait to get my Inkscape rendered submissions in on time this week and see how they do. Also, it is a lot of fun designing shirts but I need some kind of guidance or nothing happens .

There are 10 types of people: those who know binary, and those who don't.

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
thatrobert wrote:Best Loser Awards announced. Six big winners this time. Check it out at http://BestLosers.com

Thanks for the nod! =D

...and ZOMGWTFBBQSAUCE the glass is in the fog. I actually gasped irl.

cllzzrd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cllzzrd

someone should do a wizard of oz one, water falling on the wicked witch of the west.

JadenKale

cllzzrd wrote:someone should do a wizard of oz one, water falling on the wicked witch of the west.

Wish we could, but they stop allowing entries after noon on Wednesday. That's a good idea if executed well enough.

Oh well, I'll plug my nessie for the night instead.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
JadenKale wrote:All I've done is told my family that I made a design. Last night at my father-in-law's birthday though, I brought along the gifts I got for my nephews (the cheapie ipod radio look alikes from sellout.woot: the 3yr old keeps wanting to steal my niece's real ipod and the boys got them for getting 2nd place in their ice hockey competition). My niece being the teen she is, came up behind me and teasingly whined where her gift was. I pulled her aside and told her that if things go well after tomorrow, she may very well get a shirt I created. She's ecstatic, but I had to tell her to keep it a secret between her and I til the end of the weekend. I want no chance of jinxing myself at this point and have a horde of family forcing themselves awake until 12 or 1am all weekend (I have some East coast cousins that are interested too).
Believe me, my mom's side of the family is huge (that's my Italian side) and all the cousins and aunts have to know what the eldest of the grandchildren is doing as an example for the others. The funny thing is, none of these people go to woot. Normally I just email them the designs and tell them the place I was in at the end of the week. So before people think I've got a bunch of votes from family, I don't and I don't beg them for that stuff.

My mom has fallen in love with your DaVinci shirt too, but she never told me before it got removed in the reckoning. She loved the unique layout and design.I wish she had seen it earlier, I would have bought her one. She's only asked for 2 shirts though (that I was able to go back and buy) since I started showing her my designs: TGentry's Dragontine (still working on pics for that) and InitialSam's All is Calm. She wears them around all the time.

I agree with you whole heartedly on Zenne's numbers. She's probably at 850 or so, that's my guess. Good luck to you KLS, and Cho! It's been a crazy roller coaster ride in the end, to say the least!

I hope you get printed. It is quite the buzz! My extended family was pretty excited about me winning my first time too but they seemed to all expect they should be getting a FREE shirt out of it!

p.s. Thanks to all for the nice comments on BestLosers!

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
JadenKale wrote:Oh well, I'll plug my nessie for the night instead.

GMV... there NEEDS to be a cute one in there! Lots if artsy ones this week, and the bottom end of the fog seems even closer than last week!! Only been watching close enough to tell for a couple of weeks now, is it often very close like this?

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

JadenKale

sailstud25 wrote:GMV... there NEEDS to be a cute one in there! Lots if artsy ones this week, and the bottom end of the fog seems even closer than last week!! Only been watching close enough to tell for a couple of weeks now, is it often very close like this?

It's not often for the votes to be QUITE this close. I predicted butterflies in my stomach last night... They're there... only now they're also fluttering in my throat. *nervous*

But thank you for the vote!

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
JadenKale wrote:It's not often for the votes to be QUITE this close. I predicted butterflies in my stomach last night... They're there... only now they're also fluttering in my throat. *nervous*

But thank you for the vote!

I can't imagine how you guys are handling this fog-craziness this morning.

Go Nessie Go!!!

JadenKale

krapposelli wrote:I can't imagine how you guys are handling this fog-craziness this morning.

Go Nessie Go!!!

I'm surprised I'm competing against a cup. I thought for sure in the end it would be Skek and myself dueling to the death.

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
JadenKale wrote:I'm surprised I'm competing against a cup. I thought for sure in the end it would be Skek and myself dueling to the death.

Yep, who'da thunk it?

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
JadenKale wrote:I'm surprised I'm competing against a cup. I thought for sure in the end it would be Skek and myself dueling to the death.

Nope. People apparently have a thing for designs that defy gravity... Hate to knock hax, but I hope it isn't one of the top three. Why it's so ravenously popular is a real headscratcher. I think it would have been 10x more cool looking on a dark shirt.

Ah well, new theme in 2 hours!