no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Schrobblehead wrote:On my monitor it usually looks kinda like the color of light egg nog.

Thanks, on my monitor sometimes it looks like pale pink, sometimes pale pukey peach.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:I freely admit my monitor isn't calibrated. Can anyone tell me, without telling me to look at something on my monitor, what color "cream" is supposed to look like?

Think parchment. The actual shirt color looks like french vanilla ice cream.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

no1

superspryte wrote:How long has the sequoia been rejected? I thought that just happened.

Is there some way to tell when something got rejected other than just refreshing the Derby page all the time?

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:Is there some way to tell when something got rejected other than just refreshing the Derby page all the time?

Not that I know.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

no1

superspryte wrote:Think parchment. The actual shirt color looks like french vanilla ice cream.

That sounds a little yellower than what it looks like here.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:That sounds a little yellower than what it looks like here.

It's certainly not pink, but I wouldn't call it yellow.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
superspryte wrote:A little?

Heh.. when it came out, I had the companion cube as my .sig for a while...

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Heh.. when it came out, I had the companion cube as my .sig for a while...

I made my boy's birthday cake this year...

I mean I did last year too, but this year was special. ^_^ I'm also mad that I messed up a little. Was a little rushed at the end and wasn't paying attention. Click for larger image.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

...I just realized I forgot to do the chop contest this weekend. *smacks forehead*

SkekTek

superspryte wrote:...I just realized I forgot to do the chop contest this weekend. *smacks forehead*

You still have three hours...

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
SkekTek wrote:Of course, it took Cho, what, two hours to replace the penguins with ostriches? The man can work quick when he wants to... Of course, there are still lots of flightless birds to strap steam-powered tech onto them.

Dodos Vs Kiwi FTW!

Patchitect

superspryte wrote:...I just realized I forgot to do the chop contest this weekend. *smacks forehead*

Oh.. so THATS where your'e at....

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
SkekTek wrote:You still have three hours...

uh, no she doesn't. 11:59 AM, not PM

SkekTek

Josephus wrote:uh, no she doesn't. 11:59 AM, not PM

Crap. Forgot to submit my entry this morning... that'll teach me for assuming it meant PM...

Patchitect

Ok - honest opinions on all aspects..

Thinking of submitting for an easter daily, if they havnet descided on something yet...
This is what happens to unfound easter eggs...

SkekTek

Patchitect wrote:Ok - honest opinions on all aspects..

Thinking of submitting for an easter daily, if they havnet descided on something yet...

Ees iz reely cuuuuute.... Some of the grass needs a bit of fixing (okay, the ones off of left only). I'd make the top back line of the eggshell the bunny is sitting in darker indicating thickness, especially since the pieces falling down are so thick. But that's about it. It's really well done!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

This was a cool coincidence:

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
superspryte wrote:Think parchment. The actual shirt color looks like french vanilla ice cream.

why'd ya have to go and say French Vanilla Ice CReam huh.?

first design or the one thats i the hotness?

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

TAYLORT5

superspryte wrote:I made my boy's birthday cake this year...

I mean I did last year too, but this year was special. ^_^ I'm also mad that I messed up a little. Was a little rushed at the end and wasn't paying attention. Click for larger image.

Is that chocolate icing with nuts or something. looks good from here. Does it go with french vanilla ice cream?

as a chef I have to know whats inside. give it up .

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

allawayr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allawayr
TAYLORT5 wrote:Is that chocolate icing with nuts or something. looks good from here. Does it go with french vanilla ice cream?

Does it pair well with TF2?

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly

My only suggestion would be to make the bunny arms maybe look more like bunny arms and less like leaves or blades of grass. Unless you meant for them to look that way, then please ignore me. ^^

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
SailorButterfly wrote:My only suggestion would be to make the bunny arms maybe look more like bunny arms and less like leaves or blades of grass. Unless you meant for them to look that way, then please ignore me. ^^

I think it is supposed to look like it is stuffed.

Still single, can't imagine why.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

TAYLORT5 wrote:Is that chocolate icing with nuts or something. looks good from here. Does it go with french vanilla ice cream?

It's german chocolate icing (coconut pecan) that I added cocoa powder to so it would look brown like the cake in the game. I made it fairly true to the portal recipe too, except I couldn't find rhubarb so I used raspberry chocolate chips. It's just a mostly plain ol' chocolate cake. And before you guys thinks it's huge because it's so tall, it's a 6" cake, 3 layers. ^_^

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Needs shadow behind the bunny. Right now it looks like he's leaning over the egg instead of sitting inside of it. ^_^

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
SkekTek wrote:Ees iz reely cuuuuute.... Some of the grass needs a bit of fixing (okay, the ones off of left only). I'd make the top back line of the eggshell the bunny is sitting in darker indicating thickness, especially since the pieces falling down are so thick. But that's about it. It's really well done!

I think, what you are thinking is thickness to the egg pieces is simply the other side of the shell.

Still single, can't imagine why.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
FenStar wrote:I think it is supposed to look like it is stuffed.

Hmm...could be. If that's the case, maybe just rounding them out would make that clearer. To me, anyway.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
Iambusyeating wrote:Obviously not for this derby but something I made just for fun. Suggestions?

that is awesome... i saw war hero somewhere with a rifle with buttons, but this one is friendly and funny

you can do a whole series... cowbell hero.

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
SkekTek wrote:Jimiyo's apparently getting the 'ol Derby thread smackdown on that design...

hehehe.. you talking about ceiling cat...?

I think... from now on, regardless of the theme... Ceiling Cat... is going to make an appearance everytime... (if i have time....)

Wouldnt that be awesome? How many ways can Ceiling cat be done?

TAYLORT5

superspryte wrote:It's german chocolate icing (coconut pecan) that I added cocoa powder to so it would look brown like the cake in the game. I made it fairly true to the portal recipe too, except I couldn't find rhubarb so I used raspberry chocolate chips. It's just a mostly plain ol' chocolate cake. And before you guys thinks it's huge because it's so tall, it's a 6" cake, 3 layers. ^_^

I started salivating right after german chocolate Icing. 6" cake seems about right, for a yungun.

You're on probation!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

TAYLORT5 wrote:I started salivating right after german chocolate Icing. 6" cake seems about right, for a yungun.

It was for the two of us. No need to make it bigger. ^_^ No making fun of me... I used to work in a bakery, I swear I vaguely know what I'm doing. Granted I don't know how to work with chocolate (to make delicious art!) but I can manipulate icing and make pretty food. At least I think so.

And yeah, the coconut pecan icing with cocoa powder = awesome. ^_^

sparklzk27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparklzk27

time for bed and a last attempt at gaining votes for the night have a good night everyone

PJ says "Vote for Catt..it...ude... ....zzzzzzzzzz"

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead

I finished legendairy. Please vote!

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating
jimiyo wrote:that is awesome... i saw war hero somewhere with a rifle with buttons, but this one is friendly and funny

you can do a whole series... cowbell hero.

Woohoo celebrity endorsement!

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
Iambusyeating wrote:Woohoo celebrity endorsement!

snortz!. how about a little cowbell hero?

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

Iambusyeating

Schrobblehead wrote:snortz!. how about a little cowbell hero?

It's already been done apparently, albeit terribly.

jonomc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonomc
Iambusyeating wrote:It's already been done apparently, albeit terribly.

we need more cowbell!!!

SkekTek

FenStar wrote:I think, what you are thinking is thickness to the egg pieces is simply the other side of the shell.

Ahhh... I could see that.

Patchitect

SkekTek wrote:Ees iz reely cuuuuute.... Some of the grass needs a bit of fixing (okay, the ones off of left only). I'd make the top back line of the eggshell the bunny is sitting in darker indicating thickness, especially since the pieces falling down are so thick. But that's about it. It's really well done!

SailorButterfly wrote:My only suggestion would be to make the bunny arms maybe look more like bunny arms and less like leaves or blades of grass. Unless you meant for them to look that way, then please ignore me. ^^

superspryte wrote:Needs shadow behind the bunny. Right now it looks like he's leaning over the egg instead of sitting inside of it. ^_^

SailorButterfly wrote:Hmm...could be. If that's the case, maybe just rounding them out would make that clearer. To me, anyway.

Hey! Thanks for the comments guys.. Looks like i've got some line weight issues, its sometimes hard to tell that when you're zooming in and out on a graphic, dontcha know? I'll touch up a couple things, embiggen them here n there, and see what comes out...

its so much easier when your lineweights are pre-set ie: CAD :P

Iambusyeating

Patchitect wrote:embiggen

Nice.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Yay morning and the fighter plane got some more votes. If only it would get enough to move up a little, ahaha.

Hope everyone had a good night.