artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
superspryte wrote:I like it. Why the dark blue inside the box? hwo would it look with gray there instead? Also, is this for an eventual shirt submission?

Just testing the waters out...yes it's for an eventual shirt submission. I'm still toying with the design and colors.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
artulo wrote:

oooh, coolness! I loves me some chinese takeout.

I miss your mice but this is an acceptable substitute. Hope this is enterable for the next derby if you aren't planning to send it in as a daily.

And, um, the chinese takeout I've gotten lately doesn't have the little metal handle thingy on the box.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
AttilaTheMom wrote:oooh, coolness! I loves me some chinese takeout.

I miss your mice but this is an acceptable substitute. Hope this is enterable for the next derby if you aren't planning to send it in as a daily.

And, um, the chinese takeout I've gotten lately doesn't have the little metal handle thingy on the box.

We still get the handles, depending on teh restaurant.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

no1 wrote:We still get the handles, depending on teh restaurant.

Sometimes we don't even get that tradmark box. Sometimes we just get the crappy Styrofoam box with the partitions. I'm jealous of your handles.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

no1

PemberDucky wrote:Sometimes we don't even get that tradmark box. Sometimes we just get the crappy Styrofoam box with the partitions. I'm jealous of your handles.

We get the foam box sometimes, too.

We'd rather not get the handles. Easier to μwave.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
PemberDucky wrote:Sometimes we don't even get that tradmark box. Sometimes we just get the crappy Styrofoam box with the partitions. I'm jealous of your handles.

I recived the "pizza place foil" the last place we went in Indiana (on my Vac) it was a lot of food though. spicy chicken & garlic.
hope that my whales have a place in the next one.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
krapposelli wrote:If it isn't too much trouble... how about one without any words at all?

I made one... sorry it's late. Eye dilation + class = hard to do until now.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:We still get the handles, depending on teh restaurant.

And the size of the box.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

SkekTek

spryte, PM

I just finished 3 shirt designs for St. Paddy's day... one I want to submit as a daily soon. Should I share that one or just spring it on Woot? I'm very happy with how it came out, so it doesn't necessarily need feedback. But I thought I'd offer....

no1

SkekTek wrote:I just finished 3 shirt designs for St. Paddy's day... one I want to submit as a daily soon. Should I share that one or just spring it on Woot? I'm very happy with how it came out, so it doesn't necessarily need feedback. But I thought I'd offer....

Prof. Tek,
Doesn't woot like designs that haven't been seen recently? I'd suggest keeping it in PMs if possible.

Of course, I've never had anything printed or anything, so I don't know anything...

SkekTek

no1 wrote:Prof. Tek,
Doesn't woot like designs that haven't been seen recently? I'd suggest keeping it in PMs if possible.

Of course, I've never had anything printed or anything, so I don't know anything...

I'm not sure... but keeping it in PMs for people who are curious might be the best thing...

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:spryte, PM

I just finished 3 shirt designs for St. Paddy's day... one I want to submit as a daily soon. Should I share that one or just spring it on Woot? I'm very happy with how it came out, so it doesn't necessarily need feedback. But I thought I'd offer....

I think you're lying. I see no PM.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
SkekTek wrote:I'm not sure... but keeping it in PMs for people who are curious might be the best thing...

curiosity peaked by secretiveness... but, like some1, I have no proven insight.

Edit: I have the results from week one, which frighten and confuse me. Why does no1 say he hasn't had anything printed if he won?

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating

Can you PM it to Mr. Me? I don't want to feedback I just want to ooh and ahh.

no1

Iambusyeating wrote:Can you PM it to Mr. Me? I don't want to feedback I just want to ooh and ahh.

I can wait the week or so it'll take for woot to put it on sale.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Schrobblehead wrote:Edit: I have the results from week one, which frighten and confuse me. Why does no1 say he hasn't had anything printed if he won?

You mean this?

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=88

Only 1st place was printed from that derby, IIRC.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

Schrobblehead

SailorButterfly wrote:You mean this?

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=88

Only 1st place was printed from that derby, IIRC.

That vacuums. Bad timing for your peak ey?

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

no1

Schrobblehead wrote:That vacuums. Bad timing for your peak ey?

Yes. I have nothing left to look forward to, so I settle for "everything's a pirate."

Schrobblehead

no1 wrote:Yes. I have nothing left to look forward to, so I settle for "everything's a pirate."

At least "everything a pirate" is fun. That can be your pucker (please don't do that). That should be the theme next week--you'll have all 4 spots in the fog.

no1

Schrobblehead wrote:At least "everything a pirate" is fun. That can be your pucker (please don't do that). That should be the theme next week--you'll have all 4 spots in the fog.

Probably not, actually. The thing I think I do OK at is treading in places where no 1 has gone b4... if that's the theme, everyone else will go there and do better.

no1

At least I can laugh when what's-his-name complains about getting fourth place and not getting printed all the time.

artulo

AttilaTheMom wrote:oooh, coolness! I loves me some chinese takeout.

Thanks, I'm sure the mice will return some time. They did rather well both times I submitted them.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

This may be silly but I'm kind of sad that my entry's ranked where it is. No Best Loser award for me, that wuz teh funneh.

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli

We don't get the box - we get the foil tray with the plastic lid. The place close to home has a rectangle shaped container. The place near work has a round one. Ooooh variety. The only thing that comes in the box (with handles) are the boneless sparerib appetizer things, but I don't believe any of the places have any writing on them - just plain white boxes. Oh, sometimes we get large orders of fried rice (as a side dish when we have a party) and that just comes in really big plain white boxes (with handles).

krapposelli

SkekTek wrote:I'm not sure... but keeping it in PMs for people who are curious might be the best thing...

I wanna see, I wanna see! And thanks for the worless pucker in jail... it'll be added to the sig shortly...

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
krapposelli wrote:I wanna see, I wanna see! And thanks for the worless pucker in jail... it'll be added to the sig shortly...

so you submit daily's from Pm. ?I'd like to submit the cola whale design
what cha think?

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

no1

superspryte wrote:This may be silly but I'm kind of sad that my entry's ranked where it is. No Best Loser award for me, that wuz teh funneh.

That is silly! I always struggle just to get over 20 votes!!!

no1

krapposelli wrote:I wanna see, I wanna see! And thanks for the worless pucker in jail... it'll be added to the sig shortly...

The first time I read this, I thought you said "the whoreless pucker"

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:That is silly! I always struggle just to get over 20 votes!!!

Pardon me for having high standards.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Okay, I'm going grocery shopping. Time to get more to gorge myself with!

artulo

superspryte wrote:This may be silly but I'm kind of sad that my entry's ranked where it is. No Best Loser award for me, that wuz teh funneh.

I didn't think thatrobert took how many votes a design got into account as much as what he thought of it.

SkekTek

TAYLORT5 wrote:so you submit daily's from Pm. ?I'd like to submit the cola whale design
what cha think?

If you want to submit a daily, you e-mail them directly (it's shirt@woot.com I think- it's in the What is Woot? FAQ off of the shirt.woot.com site). The problem is that they don't necessarily tell you no, so if you submit something, you might not get a response back unless they say YES. And I expect the YESses are very few and far between.

SkekTek

no1 wrote:At least I can laugh when what's-his-name complains about getting fourth place and not getting printed all the time.

I'm still a bit sad that my sponge design got sixth behind a glass on a shirt...

Gumiho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
SkekTek wrote:If you want to submit a daily, you e-mail them directly (it's shirt@woot.com I think- it's in the What is Woot? FAQ off of the shirt.woot.com site). The problem is that they don't necessarily tell you no, so if you submit something, you might not get a response back unless they say YES. And I expect the YESses are very few and far between.

I thought you had to be a professional designer to do a daily.

artulo

Gumiho wrote:I thought you had to be a professional designer to do a daily.

No, you just need to have a design they'd like to print. I do wonder how many folks submit materials for daily shirts that are not designers by trade.

krapposelli

artulo wrote:No, you just need to have a design they'd like to print. I do wonder how many folks submit materials for daily shirts that are not designers by trade.

That gives me an idea for a derby theme... they could take the entries that they declined as a daily (and stillhave the rights to), and then pick some of them for a derby run-off.

SkekTek

artulo wrote:No, you just need to have a design they'd like to print. I do wonder how many folks submit materials for daily shirts that are not designers by trade.

They usually ask for your design experience, but if you've submitted designs on shirt.woot with some success, that usually is good enough.

I'm not sure... klswoot got her shirt printed that way, and I'm not sure what her background is.

Well, back to watching Chronicles of Riddick... fun movie.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:They usually ask for your design experience, but if you've submitted designs on shirt.woot with some success, that usually is good enough.

I'm not sure... klswoot got her shirt printed that way, and I'm not sure what her background is.

Well, back to watching Chronicles of Riddick... fun movie.

I think she is an artist by trade. She has a web site. I was looking at the pet pictures.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating

What's the history of non-professionals getting dailies? Any at all?

Gumiho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho

I learn something new every day.