coondog35

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coondog35

yeah.

narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
Re: 3 Thousand 2 Hundred Fifty Five Lines, One Pucker!

kenny, i can't help but find your pucker shirts strangely endearing! : )

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
narkus wrote:i just love the hell out of this guy! What a face!!! I agree, i don't get why he doesn't have more votes.

I can't fugure it out either. "Horney Dogragon" has a similar feel and it is in 16th place. So, I'm not sure what is happening here.

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
Re: Professor Von Platypus

is that a mustache? lmfao

GMV just for putting god's greatest practical joke on a shirt that wuz teh funneh

narkus

Andy47240 wrote:I can't fugure it out either. "Horney Dogragon" has a similar feel and it is in 16th place. So, I'm not sure what is happening here.

isn't he just sooooooooo lovable!!!

narkus

Andy47240 wrote:I can't fugure it out either. "Horney Dogragon" has a similar feel and it is in 16th place. So, I'm not sure what is happening here.

Andy, when are you going to buy a shirt so you can VOTE!!!!!

2005vette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2005vette
mjc613 wrote:Found something very similar here (except for the center face):
http://updatecenter.britannica.com/art?assemblyId=813&type=A

Of coarse you are going to find something similar this is an astec calendar.

Here is another one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Calendario_Axteca.png

WonderWooter

quality posts: 6 Private Messages WonderWooter
Re: Stairway to......

very nice! has a great feel, would buy in a minute!

Don't be sexist. Broads hate that.

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
cyradis2003 wrote:Open to debate.

I loved the penguins

Agreed!

This probably would've been my third woot shirt. Sorry James, but the kiwis would've been cooler than the ostriches imho.

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Professor Von Platypus

Nicely done GF. I like this one better than the Polar Bear. I also like the diagonal position.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Coollikethat wrote:This is part of the story of Ben Wan Styne.
He's the short guy on the left. His mom's friend, Caydmon Harrison, is the taller guy on the right. With a little help from their hyper-drive and a stalk-eyed alien named Trebor Bob, they journey into the distant reaches of the universe. Ben is in search of his disowned brother, Caydmon is just along for the ride. There's a long story behind Yori (the brother) and Ben. Yori, otherwise known as Vinicux, turned evil and killed directly Jef Styne, the father, and indirectly Koma (pronounced like the punctuation mark) Risto, the mother. 'My name is....You killed.....Prepare to die.' that kind of thing. As they enter hyper-space, they peer out the observation deck of the Fourth Moon, a Jewlette freighter. Vinicux is killed in a dramatic sword fight, flinging insults as he dies. Caydmon will not return from this voyage. Ben will return and 'hopefully' live the rest of his life in peace.

Yeah, it's alot. It makes up a whole book of my trilogy
It's not the MST 3000. (BTW, What does that mean?)
coollikethat
(design- Hover11)

Thanks for the explanation - it clears everything up. I cannot wait for your trilogy to go public.

MST3000 is Mystery Science Theater 3000. The dwg reminded me of the characters of this enthralling series. I cannot tell their story as well as you could tell Ben's, so I will let wikipedia do it for me.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_Science_Theater_3000

ianthemighty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ianthemighty
goldenmomiji wrote:Great Job! I really like it!!

I can't believe this only has 15 votes! It's great!

archikins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages archikins
Re: GANDHI: TURN AWAY FROM VOILENCE AND TOWARDS PEACE

White lineart on black tee of Mahatma Gandhi - I sketched this sometime back inspired by a bird..yes! a seagull standing on the beach...

aeidein

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aeidein

love this, but i think the color kinda obscures the design.

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." -Calvin

GravityJMB

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GravityJMB
Re: la calavera

I absolutely love everything about this. The placement is awesome... subtle image but clearly recognizable. I hope this can make it's way towards a foggy place.

herman16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages herman16
Re: grow

Great color scheme - not enough shirts with that beautiful standout green ink.

desperatepoolboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages desperatepoolboy
janet13 wrote:Could you scribble the moon too? The lines look too constraining for the moon. :D

Agreed, it looks way out of place. Otherwise, great job!

ponagathos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ponagathos
Re: Death on a Pale White UNICORN!

Great design. I have not bought a shirt in about two months but this one would be worth staying up late to purchase. Hopefully, it will be in the top three.

And as far as the legs being filled in , I would say the artist just used cherubic lines.

Gumiho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
Re: Electric Lines

Very nice job. The image is very crisp and concise without abbreviating the image too much. Well done.

CreationsFromChaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CreationsFromChaos

Paying homage to one of our childhood favorites (while not making it a specific brand of mechanical art tool)... the design is intended to be as large as possible to fit into the printable area without going beyond the printable area.

Re: The Original Line Art Tool

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
2005vette wrote:Of coarse you are going to find something similar this is an astec calendar.

and here's some more...

you already submitted this once...

oh, and it's Aztec...

mjc613

I am so glad you included the background behind the shirt. The small version looks like fill, but if you really did what that background suggests, this is amazing.

Gumiho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
brizz wrote:as I said....i'd love to see more efforts like this one! Hope you keep at it!

I'll do my best. Thanks for your encoragement and advice.

goldenmomiji

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldenmomiji

[

geekfactor12 wrote:I agree, penguins flying had never been done before that! Way to steal ideas, cho! What's next, a pirate with a sword? A ninja who is sneaky?

(ps- they're not that similar)

Thanks Geekfactor for the inspiration! I don't mean any offense to anyone. I just thought it was funny, and it only took a little while to throw it out there. Hopefully someone will find it humorous. That is why it is here . Thanks for looking!

Please vote on my design!

Mancho

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mancho
Re: Spring Rebirth

Holy crap this is gorgeous! I so could NOT wear a shirt like this, but DAMN is it gorgeous!!

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
ponagathos wrote:Great design. I have not bought a shirt in about two months but this one would be worth staying up late to purchase. Hopefully, it will be in the top three.

And as far as the legs being filled in , I would say the artist just used cherubic lines.

thanks!

is someone complaining about the legs?

funny.
f a t is filtered to be C herubic

eggiweg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eggiweg

I really like most of this, but the longer I look at it the more the leaves bother me. They look really out of place with the orchids. Wish they were more appropriate, I really like the shirt otherwise...

jimiyo

nice work! love the use of line

tiaerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiaerman

I love this shirt! It is so clever! I want it to do better but that is the will of the Wooters. O well. GMV

There are 10 types of people: those who know binary, and those who don't.

mjc613

2005vette wrote:Of coarse you are going to find something similar this is an astec calendar.

Similarities are one thing. Almost every Aztec calendar has the same multiring construct with arrows, gods faces, animal faces and items occuring in multiples of 4, 10, etc. You can almost always find some variation between them as well. The only difference I could see between the one in the entry design and the one in the photo I attached was the face in the middle.

I don't think woot has a problem with people using photos for inspiration, and as long as there is no ownership involved, with tracing. (Other designers and/orJoel, please correct me if this is not right.) My dilemma is that this photo is from the online edition of Britannica, and the photo is provided by the Mexican Tourist Authority. That could be very tricky if woot were to print this.

If some other photo can be shown to be the inspiration, I would not see a problem. But the final decision is Joel's, not mine.

renebee73

quality posts: 3 Private Messages renebee73

I'm voting on these non-flying critters. I think WOOT was being puerile banning the penguins. Let the WOOT masses vote on it. It starts with non-flying animal discrimination re: penguins; next to go will be the pirates, zombies and hamsters. Just wait.

Cho, your designs are always interesting. Good luck!

CreationsFromChaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CreationsFromChaos

Thanks! Yeah, it's all lines on 90-degree angles, the complete design can be traced from beginning to end unbroken. It's rather tough to show in the detail shot, unfortunately....

mjc613 wrote:I am so glad you included the background behind the shirt. The small version looks like fill, but if you really did what that background suggests, this is amazing.

tiaerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiaerman
binarygeek wrote:Ok, so I put together a bunch of new versions and wanted to see what people like before I resub. They can be seen here. Let me know which you like the best, please (or suggest a new color combination).

I like the original colors.. Just make the lines thicker . But if you want to change colors, orange is my fav . Maybe with dark red lines? I dunno. I would have to play with it, but I can never own too many orange shirts

There are 10 types of people: those who know binary, and those who don't.

riveral

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riveral

Detail:

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
renebee73 wrote: It starts with non-flying animal discrimination re: penguins; next to go will be the pirates, zombies and hamsters. Just wait.

We can only hope. I never want to see another pirate, zombie or hamster again.

Ostriches, however, are pretty much made of gold

jimiyo

renebee73 wrote:I'm voting on these non-flying critters. I think WOOT was being puerile banning the penguins. Let the WOOT masses vote on it. It starts with non-flying animal discrimination re: penguins; next to go will be the pirates, zombies and hamsters. Just wait.

had to look up puerile
puerile // adj.
1. trivial, childish, immature.
2. of or like a child.

after pirates, zombies and hamsters, i hope they ban... crap. HAR HAR HARRRRRR

RRRrrrrrRRRRRR!

im being puerile arent i?

HEHEHEHHEHEHHEHHEEEEEEEEEEEE

yeah, but seriously.... skulls. skulls. skulls should be banned. and apparently art with considerable time invested in them is banned too... just indirectly by consensus of the mass woot voters.

ill be here all night! thank you!

mjc613

highgrassfarm wrote:I don't know what I was smokin when I submitted that first one...
*Dude check out the blue*
This one's much better.

I think the plant in the middle of the flag could provide a clue...... but if this doesn't win, my husband wants you to have this printed elsewhere. He really wants this shirt. I just hope he won't wear it when we go through Canadian customs ......

jimiyo

AdderXYU wrote:We can only hope. I never want to see another pirate, zombie or hamster again.

Ostriches, however, are pretty much made of gold

you gave me a most fantastic idea i will not execute

the last supper painting with

pirate
zombie
hamster
penguin
skull
octopus
ninja
lolcat

erm... who else...

and who should be judas?

sevenseas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sevenseas
Re: Space Cephalopod

You know that cephalopods are too smart to stick around while we ruin things.

cdncarlie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdncarlie
Re: Canadian National Flag

well, as a canadian born and raised i'm not sure whether i should be slightly insulted or laugh histerically. ;-)

My shirt.woots: When Doughnuts Fly, Kawaii, Random Shirt x3 (Dino Wino, Killer Bees, Unfriendly Locals),Do the Math, Zombie Season, What Dreams are Made of, Random Shirt x3 (Ghosts!, Dramatic Jackalope, Man-Boy)