AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
jimiyo wrote:

and who should be judas?

Judas should be a map.

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
mjc613 wrote:I think the plant in the middle of the flag could provide a clue...... but if this doesn't win, my husband wants you to have this printed elsewhere. He really wants this shirt. I just hope he won't wear it when we go through Canadian customs ......

ha.. i got stopped at the Canadian border.

i was going to my friends house for a couple weeks? first time going to Canada. i had to put my computer, and a filebox in storage before they let me in.

they were afraid i would start a business, usurp all the canadians money, and take over and call it jimiyoland.

and is this the wrong place to be commenting? does this get linked back into someones derby comments?

if so, im sorry. this forum works not like the ones im used to.

lunartan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunartan
slim7104 wrote:Shouldn't this be disqualified? Sweet shirt but I thought only lines could be used?

whatchu talkin' 'bout, willis? i see no clip art or fills. just amazing linework

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: Space Cephalopod

This is a cool design, but Woot will only print on either the front of the shirt or the back, not both. Might wanna resubmit this on one side so it has a fair chance.

Good luck!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

lunartan

Re: la calavera

great depth on this and a very slick skull design overall

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
cdncarlie wrote:well, as a canadian born and raised i'm not sure whether i should be slightly insulted or laugh histerically. ;-)

I don't believe an insult was intended. It's possibly a lack of botanic information?

mjc613

jimiyo wrote:you gave me a most fantastic idea i will not execute

the last supper painting with

pirate
zombie
hamster
penguin
skull
octopus
ninja
lolcat

erm... who else...?

fairy
screaming monkey
Shark
giraffe

jimiyo wrote:
and who should be judas?

Jason Toon?

lunartan

Re: Death on a Pale White UNICORN!

amazing skill displayed in this design, like all your art i've seen.
the dichotomy of the grim reaper & the unicorn is really growing on me.

yeeter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
jimiyo wrote:you gave me a most fantastic idea i will not execute

the last supper painting with

pirate
zombie
hamster
penguin
skull
octopus
ninja
lolcat

erm... who else...

and who should be judas?

Is there some way you could make Judas a tree? Of course you can! You're Jimiyo!

VOTE!

SailorButterfly

lintbox wrote:come on everyone vote for this to get that dino and bird crap out of the fog..heh

You do realize the bird "crap" that's in the fog was designed by the same guy that designed this shirt, right?

XD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SailorButterfly

Re: Why Can't I Fly, Friend?

That penguin rejection might've been the best thing to ever happen to Cho...I bet he's getting a lot of votes on this one just because people think the penguin rejection wasn't fair. XD

(not that this isn't a great design too...and no, I didn't think the rejection was fair either) ;-)

dcxgod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcxgod
Re: oh crud

That is an awesome design. Did you freehand this?

kstash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kstash
2005vette wrote:Would do better if you could make it less square.

ditto

SailorButterfly

sergiothatguy wrote:I don't know about the front left leg of the horse or the scythe because they look as though they are filled in, not lines. Good artwork though. Hopefully w00t doesn't mind it.

It should be ok...the Derby descriptions says you have to be able to see the between the lines, and the black is showing between the lines on both of those.

Go unicorn go!

gallowsrose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gallowsrose
Re: Bambi Tells Me Things

Wow. Just wow. I voted all over this one...clean up on Aisle 5!

jimiyo

for shizzle... penguins died and made Cho a martyr

seriously... english... spelling... t-y-r? i mean... whats up with that?

obligatory its a good design too.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnGeLiCbOrIs
Re: A World of Lines

Niiiice! Seven continents represent!

jimiyo

gallowsrose wrote:Wow. Just wow. I voted all over this one...clean up on Aisle 5!

oh thank you... although it might be in vanity, i have a feeling it wont even reach the fog. its been just lingering just below the radar for a long while now...

jimiyo

mjc613 wrote:jimiyo wrote: and who should be judas?

Jason Toon?

whos jason toon?

you gotta wiki or anything on this fellow?

sevenseas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sevenseas

We all know that cephalopods are way too smart to stick around while we ruin the place. Black ink on cranberry shirt.

I wasn't smart enough to figure out that you can't print front AND back, so this is my next attempt at placement. Any suggestions for improved placement would be appreciated.

aafrantz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aafrantz
Re: Idea Man

so dope..

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
jimiyo wrote:whos jason toon?

you gotta wiki or anything on this fellow?

I believe Jason Toon writes the copy for Shirt.Woot. I think the previous poster intended to name Joel Terrific, who rejected the penguin entry earlier in this derby.

Personally, I think a robot would be a tremendous Judas.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

[First time derby entrant, so any tips are more than welcome. (and votes, too!)]Re: Jet packed.
[/quote]

UncleNed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages UncleNed
Re: Bicycle

I was all excited when I saw the graphic with half the bicycle breaking the right side of the frame. If the shirt were printed like that, I'd buy it. With bike in center of chest, not so much.

Jonathan Mandel

Figit090

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090
Re: Symmetry

I'm posting this to say this is my first entry, and that the preview image of my design in a shirt template turned out kind of crappy, I hope everybody will look at the pic below and see the proper detail of this design. enjoy!

jimiyo

Re: Professor Von Platypus

i didnt realize this one was yours!
its very cute. you should make greeting cards and sell them on Etsy.com

robot, very good idea for last supper attendant

i was also thinking, stupid hands that form a heart should attend the dinner too. im tired of those...

and samuel jackson.. samuel jackson should attend.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
jimiyo wrote:i didnt realize this one was yours!
its very cute. you should make greeting cards and sell them on Etsy.com

robot, very good idea for last supper attendant

i was also thinking, stupid hands that form a heart should attend the dinner too. im tired of those...

and samuel jackson.. samuel jackson should attend.

I'M SICK OF THESE MOTHER ****ING MEMES ON THIS MOTHER ****ING SHIRT!!!

I like the idea of professor von platypus greeting cards... "wishing you an unnatural birthday!"

shmeedles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shmeedles

The shirt would shroud its wearer in awesomeness. It has my vote and my money if it somehow pulls through.

mjc613

geekfactor12 wrote:I believe Jason Toon writes the copy for Shirt.Woot. I think the previous poster intended to name Joel Terrific, who rejected the penguin entry earlier in this derby.

Personally, I think a robot would be a tremendous Judas.

I would have named Joel - in fun of course - but I've never seen a picture of him. There are pictures of Jason all the time over on Woot. In fact, there was a shirt entry with Jason in the last derby. It was rejected for being woot-related.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Andy47240 wrote:Well I personally love it and you got my imaginary vote!
-Andy

that wuz teh funneh thanks for the thought Andy. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

peppersagooddog wrote:generally i wound't vote for a moderator, as it's something i think shouldn't be possible. however, it's a plane. dammit.

Well thanks for...going against your usual or something. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

artulo wrote:This is a great hand sketch, and very wearable by just about anyone even if you're not a WWII history buff or plane fanatic. Great job and you have my vote for sure.

Thanks! ^_^

PS - I like the rhino a lot too, and it looks like so does everyone else!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Patchitect wrote:Good question... is it possible for a mod to influence the voting in anyway? its just he firums, and i have questions as to how much the forums actaully effect the voting in the long run anyway.. its not like she can affect the entries in any way....

I guess everyone thinks I have voodoo powers. That's cool.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

shan24 wrote:How could a mod influence the voting? It's not like she works at Woot HQ. She's a volunteer. The only way she could influence the voting is by posting her design here and asking for votes like the rest of us do.

There was a bit of debate about this in the early pages of the Derby Cyberpub if you missed it. I agree, but some people think mods can/will use probation and deleting posts as a way to garner votes. Or something. I must say I can't see that working, myself, but that's what was said.

mjc613

Re: oh crud

There have been comments about how the dragon has a hungry look, and it will soon be curtains for the knight. I think it's the opposite. After all, the dragon has had the albumin and yolk to feed off of while in the shell. Instead, the dragon has emerged and thinks the knight is his/her mother. It's love in those eyes! That's why our gallant knight is saying "oh crud". He's gotta figure out how to take care of the dragon, or leave it with someone else!

veritasinvictus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages veritasinvictus

Perfect shirt simple yet elegant, you got my vote...

Shirt# 250,000

chodax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chodax
Re: grow

in for one

OGauge4Me

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OGauge4Me
Re: Anatomy of a Car - RESUB!!!!!

A cool shirt for a car guy!

VKhaun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages VKhaun
Re: Skull Stack

thumbnail didn't do it justice.
I'd hit it.

lunartan

Re: Canadian National Flag

highgrassfarm wrote: ...traditional and rustic Canadian Maple leaf freehand...Enjoy!

jamescho84 wrote:hahaha man, your entries crack me up every time.

i agree w/ james, another hilarious entry
the description is great: traditional and rustic

cdncarlie wrote:well, as a canadian born and raised i'm not sure whether i should be slightly insulted or laugh histerically. ;-)

fly that flag proudly