lunartan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunartan
Re: Aztec Calander

brizz wrote:you already submitted this once...

there's at least one other entry from a past derby with reworking submitted for this one... any artist/designer has that right to try, and woot's got the right to reject, as there may still be some fill on this one.

lunartan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunartan
Re: Teddy n His Rough Riders

bluchez wrote:An Excerpt from the Journal of Teddy "The Muscle" James

March 1, 3288

ROFLMFAO! Made my morning, fantastic design and parody

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
Re: Line Dancing

This is neat, however, rules state that the submission must be on a T comp, otherwise it will get rejected. It has happened before.

un1ty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages un1ty
Re: Holy Roller

Love it!

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
Patchitect wrote:I think we agreed that things would be personally created.. that doesnt rule out generated images// unless theres a clip art with this image on it?

ohhh... my misinterpretation then

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
Re: Teddy n His Rough Riders

unfortunately, the design seems to have lost it's momentum.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
Gumiho wrote:Very nice job. The image is very crisp and concise without abbreviating the image too much. Well done.

Thanks a bunch!

TrazhBags

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TrazhBags

very cool. would love to see this on purple.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Jet packed.

Nice work, the top half is really well done and detailed but doesn't mesh at all with the rest of it. What's she walking on? It kinda looks like a sidewalk, but the lines going through her bother me, like she's transparent. The characters at the bottom are well done, too, but a completely different style. Maybe you should do one with just those as inspiration? Overall a good first entry and I hope to see more from you!

Edit: now I see it after I look again - she's on a piece of paper taped to something. Perhaps there's too much detail in the tape? It makes sense for the lines to go through her.

CreationsFromChaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CreationsFromChaos

Thanks man, appreciate the compliment, especially considering how amazing your work is!

Your stuff seems almost tattoo-like... have you done work in that area before?

jimiyo wrote:nice work! love the use of line

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
un1ty wrote:Love it!

Thanks for the support.
-ANDY

jasontehman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasontehman
Re: End of an Era

ha ha, when I saw the thumbnail I thought the comet was a straw or something, thats why I clicked on it, to see what it really was.

artulo

Re: The Original Line Art Tool

Wow, really well done!! And I'll echo the previous comment about the background detail - it really is good to see. What did you use to make this? It must have taken forever.

thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Phoenixish

Interesting. I think it'd be more effective without the outline.

chocobell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chocobell

I think this one is really pretty. Very cool design.

thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Moonshiners

Great! I really would like more color on something like this. Maybe you can re-enter somewhere else? Also, a bit more detail on the still since that is the name of the shirt.

chocobell

Re: Heart of Iron

I'd certainly wear this one. Very simple design. Understated ... that's my kind of style.

kbdazzled

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kbdazzled
Re: Professor Von Platypus

I looked at this entry late last night before bed and then I ended up having a dream about a platypus. So now I must vote for this shirt and get one if it wins.

chocobell

Re: Waiting for Playtime

The cute factor ... this one certainly qualifies. I love it!!! Anytime I need a sugar fix,
I'd wear this. So sweet.

You did good.

chocobell

Re: 0.5 past lightspeed

Anything sci-fi interests me. I'd love to read your trilogy. MST3000 came to my mind too. You know what they say about great minds ...

I'd wear this one anytime.

un1ty

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=10849]The

Maybe "Circle Didn't Get the Square" would have been a better title?

chocobell

Re: Skulls Skulls Skulls!

This is just beautiful. I'm not really into skulls, but I'd make an exception for this one.
I love brown T's and green is probably one of my favorite colors.

An incredible amount of detail ... usually I go for more understated ... this is truly eye-popping.

I promise ... I'll wear it. If I get a chance, I'll probably buy 2.

ihgg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ihgg
Re: Why Can't I Fly, Friend?

James, i just love the concept and the art... but beige...? Im sorry but i cant vote for it because beige looks horrible on me, thus i would never wear it. sorry... love the artwork hate the color

ihgg

Re: Spring Rebirth

amazing design.... but the colors! the colors people!! there are a handful of shirts in this derby i would love to wear it weren't for the darn background colors!!

un1ty

I love it. This is simple and right to the point. I think if there was an exclation point or question mark by the dino's head as they see this object coming at them it would add some humor. But still GMV.

artulo

Re: Giraffe Trouble

The giraffe is really well done, but it's difficult to tell that what's going to be troubling it (lion? it almost looks like a hamster ). Also, I think this would look great on creme with a brown giraffe, but that's just me. Kudos for using another color. MissLauraB, you're getting better at this all the time. Keep it up!

sclark3987

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sclark3987
SailorButterfly wrote:That penguin rejection might've been the best thing to ever happen to Cho...I bet he's getting a lot of votes on this one just because people think the penguin rejection wasn't fair. XD

(not that this isn't a great design too...and no, I didn't think the rejection was fair either) ;-)

I don't like this design as much because it looks awkward and I don't immediately think of ostriches as not being able to fly. For some reason I think about it with penguins more because penguins can't even walk very well. :P

But yes, I'm voting for this mostly on principle because I find woot's actions to be highly unfair, and as that one person said... with some word I didn't know... immature, trivial, and childish.

It's like when you're playing a game with someone and they change the rules mid game to suit themselves. I would understand if it was something that would present a legal issue, but this was just suddenly deciding "no penguins allowed". If they really wanted to get rid of these common themes, they can't outlaw it mid-derby. It's just not fair to the designers. This is their site, but this is a competition and so requires known rules and fair judgement. This is not what happened in cho's case.

And to cho: I am incredibly impressed with you. If I was in your shoes I would have quit woot and taken my talent elsewhere. This was a great change and I immediately laughed and voted when I saw it. 'Tis quite the clever change.

un1ty

Re: Get Lucky

I like it. Any reason you didn't use the 3 and 4 on the dice??

aevans07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aevans07

I love this! But why the stars?

Re: Death on a Pale White UNICORN!

aevans07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aevans07
Amach06 wrote:The colors are great.

I agree. I absolutely love the colors.

TamiEggensperger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TamiEggensperger
Re: la calavera

ohhhhhhh got it.

scubasm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scubasm
Re: The Thunderbolt

Vote vote vote!

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Line Dancing

Make sure when you submit the design detail is the one without the shirt and the design comp is the one showing the placement on a shirt. Looks like you switched them by accident. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

seeoh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seeoh
Re: Topsy Turvy

Awesome! To quote Dean, "It makes my head hurt."

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

jbedwar1 wrote:unfortunately, the design seems to have lost it's momentum.

They often do that. Designs get our hopes up, maybe hang out in the hotness for a while, then drop out and lose their momentum, breaking out hearts. My fighter plane did that yesterday.

This is awesome though. I wonder how they did the breakdown for the collaboration.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Hatter's House

TG - Love this design. I hope it makes it into the fog, but lots of impressive work this week from Woot's top designers. I hope that you will try to do a 6-color version of this design for another derby. I'd love to see it with all the colors that really bring out the whimsy in the design.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Nuts and bolts

The only thing that gets me about this is the shadows are always in the same place even though the bolts are rotated. It looks coll but that's driving me batty. ^_^;

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

scubasm wrote:Vote vote vote!

^_^

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating

Thanks for your comments everyone. I was trying to do something really simple with a kind of strong message and I hope that got across.

ihgg

Re: Lazy Sunday

well i really like it. i wish more people liked to fish... maybe it 'cause i grew up in the country... i cant stand to be squished in with a bunch of people for too long... im sorry but humans aren't good enough creatures to spend all my time with