SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
jimiyo wrote:me neither... they should reject this POS!

*pout* don't encourage that!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Chrogmadillo

What the hell?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Shigwarm

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Shigwarm
zippy5087 wrote:The placement is bold and reflects the well deserved confidence of the artist, but on a T-shirt, it looks like someone made a mistake.

True that. Yeah, if I could redo this I'd put it higher, somewhere between the bottom of the sleeves. Thanks for your comments and votes!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Zenne wrote:For some reason I feel like I might be missing out on part of the conversation or something, but I clicked on a link from another derby entry...and the picture in the shirt comp is drawn from a different angle than the reference image. I'm not going to try to make a judgment on if it is too close to the original photograph or not regardless, but I will say that I don't think it's traced. Just heavily referenced.

Zenne, you clearly have an advantage over me wrt to how this drawing was done. I just wish the originator had responded in that vein.

Gumiho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
waffala wrote:Do you still have the link? I like this peice, anything steampunk related is pretty awesome.

Sure. The site is "How to Draw SteamPunk Machines". It's a pretty interesting site, and what makes it more impressive is that it is done by a man who builds real life steam machines.

irrational

quality posts: 0 Private Messages irrational

I really want this to win, i would definately buy one. This is refreshing after all the cute-creature shirts and trees (seriously, trees are look cool on shirts but not ALL shirts...)

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
brizz wrote:i understand perfectly what you did...it's just not within the rules of this theme, which clearly states "no fill". had you put it on a white shirt, it would fly, but then it wouldn't look like it does. I guess myself and others took umbrage with your disregard of the basic rules and trying to justify it anyway. But you are absolutely right - it is not worth haggling about since it has no chance of being printed...

I apologize. I did not mean to cause anyone offense.

I was not attempting to disregard the rules as, in my mind, it was perfectly acceptable to create an image with no fill in between the lines (if you count the black parts as the lines)... the rules were pretty clear about that... the lines must show the background between them. I guess you could claim that whole area around the lines, then, would be filled, but, again, I'm not trying to cheat the rules, I just saw that as the best way to present my design.

Clearly, since so many voices have been raised against me, I did not interpret the rules as strictly as possible and, again, I am sorry if that caused offense to anyone. I had thought my method perfectly acceptable and, moreover, justifiable, given the rules as stated, but it has been shown to me that I must (should I decide to enter into future contests) be more critical of my interpretation of Woot's criteria.

sleemo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sleemo
mjc613 wrote:This made me smile. It's come quite a way from your original piece posted on your blog in July. I hope you have a link to your stuff in your woot signature.

GMV

Thanks for the kind words. Someone in the comments for my other shirt mentioned my deviantart...you Woot folk are good at tracking my digital footprints. But yes, this is a much better version than the July post-it note.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnGeLiCbOrIs
Re: Where did the angel touch you Tommy?

Not a great shirt but i like any family guy reference.

maplewood81

quality posts: 1 Private Messages maplewood81
Re: grow

I just love this design! "Concisely full" is the way I'd describe it. Consider it bought if it wins - my compliments to the artist.

The second thought that came to my mind is the position of the design. I thought, people will be bending down so as to look up to see what the rest of the design is on us gals. Is there a way to move the design up a smidge? Hmm, that might require a slightly smaller design. But it might be worth it in order to look decent on curves.

I saw that other people noticed the same thing - too bad there couldn't be a guy's and girl's version of the same shirt.

mjc613

jbedwar1 wrote:looks cream as hell on my monitor.

The purple ink makes the cream look purplish-pink on my monitor too.

mjc613

sleemo wrote:Thanks for the kind words. Someone in the comments for my other shirt mentioned my deviantart...you Woot folk are good at tracking my digital footprints.

We would be naive to think that good artists aren't showing their work elsewhere as well. And looking at other sites gives us the chance to see what's happening in the world outside woot. It's good for the designers and it's good for woot.

herschelaz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages herschelaz

i really do like it, just wish it could have won last derby so it could have color

QuintinZ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages QuintinZ

Wow awesome! I would buy! Reminds me of that toy thing.

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
Re: Seriously... Breadcrumbs?

uhm...candy crucifix? I don't get it. Got a story for this one patch that can help me out?

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
Re: Seriously... Breadcrumbs?

GMV. Different. Like the architectural element.

stumon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stumon
Re: Professor Von Platypus

Platipi definitely dont get enough recognition in todays hectic world, way to go!

kipsampson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kipsampson
Re: Loosing My Mind

is this a shout out to rez?

stereo3d

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stereo3d
Re: BE ALERT The World Needs More Lerts!

Oh, crap...I didn't see no text in the instructions...even though I drew the words. Please disregard the text.

Figit090

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090

hah..this reminds me of that new 4-winged and feathered dinosaur they found recently.

what is it really though?

AnGeLiCbOrIs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnGeLiCbOrIs
Re: It's kind of like sonar...

I like this.

Good luck!

bumpass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bumpass
Re: Death on a Pale White UNICORN!

Wow... this is like the best shirt I've ever seen... hope it wins

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
bumpass wrote:Wow... this is like the best shirt I've ever seen... hope it wins

ever? ever ever? ever ever ever? *

hey thank you stranger... how are you to pronouce your name?

heres a couple im debating entering the derby... i dont think they have a chance

* footnote: refers to Outkast. Mrs Jackson.

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
jimiyo wrote:ever? ever ever? ever ever ever? *

heres a couple im debating entering the derby... i dont think they have a chance

ceiling cat FTW

jimiyo

peppersagooddog wrote:ceiling cat FTW

FTW.... i dont know that one...

peppersagooddog

Re: BE ALERT The World Needs More Lerts!

i see no text here.
what are you talking about?

peppersagooddog

jimiyo wrote:FTW.... i dont know that one...

For The Win bro,
epic win material.

jimiyo

peppersagooddog wrote:For The Win bro,
epic win material.

submitted ;j

first time ive seen ftw. my brain hurts from learning! heheh.

peppersagooddog

bumpass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bumpass
jimiyo wrote:ever? ever ever? ever ever ever? *

Well I've only been a member for a few months, but this is my favorite one since then and I check every day. Oh, and it's pronounced "Bump Ass"... because that's my actual name.

blazeSpec

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blazeSpec

thank you so much for not putting skulls or super complicated images. we need more relaxed art on woot

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
AdderXYU wrote:I wish I could agree, but week after week, I pick the worst design in the top 20, and it almost always closes in on, if not makes it into, the fog. Grow was my fog contender since the start. It's simple, has no concept, has no effort, but doesn't challenge the eyes or mind. I knew it'd fog. That's what woot likes as a community, and apparently woot as a business would rather be known for not having any quality control than for being a respectable shirt printer. It's an insult to the amateurs who are above that, and an insult to the designers who have to compete in a market that doesn't appreciate them.

Really? Alright, you give me the simple quickie concept, I'll give you the quickie art, and we'll rule the world. Sound good? =D

lanpartyz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lanpartyz
Re: Line Tape

I hate to say this since I am from the tape generation..... but I like the "retro" look of this one nice job.

jenny78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenny78
Re: Stairway to......

I really like this. It's not cartoonish enough to win, and you aren't one of the usual ones in the fog EVERY WEEK so I won't get to buy it, but I do like it.

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1

Ok i've read through MOST of these comments for this shirt. And i must say .... you are all getting so worked up over what to me looks like a VERY simple solution.
Here's what you do.... please read this carefully, as i don't want you to get confused:

If you like the design.... vote for it. If you don't like it.... Don't vote for it.

Or go back to bashing each other .. i don't really care. I'll go back to my corner and continue to not enter the derby in peace.

dstumme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dstumme
jimiyo wrote:
and who should be judas?

pucker!

fnord

dgahring

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgahring

hasn't this been done over and over
seems like we see these swirls every contest

Why Be Normal

godierst

quality posts: 0 Private Messages godierst

Never before have I so badly wished I could detract votes from other shirts. :P Come on people, get this back in the fog!

mjc613

stereo3d wrote:Oh, crap...I didn't see no text in the instructions...even though I drew the words. Please disregard the text.

Perhaps you would consider resubmitting without the alleged text.

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
geekfactor12 wrote:Voted! This is one of the most unique ideas in the derby, hands down. I second the call for some good detail pics of the other areas

Hehh... not sure i wantt o show that off.. it seriously was only about an hours worth of design, since i didnt think it had a snowballs chance, i didnt really put much effort into it! did more time making the gingerbread.. that wuz teh funneh

As for the "Candy Crucifix..." it was kinda a blend of a bunch of ideas.. that crucifix ideas been at the back of my mind, but its rather played out in general (if not in this derby) so i thought this might be an intresting take on it.. All in all, half assed in my opinion.. but there ya have it...