SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: RoboRaptor (silver)

Wow... expected this to be doing better.

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: Line Tape

Tape! I love tape. GMV on principle.

andrewlb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewlb
jenny78 wrote:I really like this. It's not cartoonish enough to win, and you aren't one of the usual ones in the fog EVERY WEEK so I won't get to buy it, but I do like it.

Don't worry, I'll start changing the fog thing ; )

I'm only human

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
brizz wrote:uhm...candy crucifix? I don't get it. Got a story for this one patch that can help me out?

I guessed that it was an architect's rendering of a gingerbread house, complete with floor plan and outer walls. That's why I voted for it. Roof line dwg is missing, but I'm not buying the house, just the shirt.

CAMMS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAMMS
Re: Cattitude

Excellent, voted. Will buy if this makes it!

andrewlb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewlb
Re: line rhino right

just wanted to let you know that as our designs slowly make their way up at a similar rate, I hold no grudge and I vote for your shirt : )

I'm only human

dmny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dmny
Re: Don't Shoot

Yep that is Battle Zone for sure. Pretty fun design, good job!

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: Sans Ceiling

This being in the hotness is a travesty of the ... awwww look at his eyes, he's so cuuuuuuuuute!!1!1!!

wootdstewart00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootdstewart00

Best shirt in the derby... Maybe one of your top shirts will get rejected for some flaky reason, then you will receive pity votes from others. (Just don't reject this one...)

"The problem with reality is that there is no background music".

narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus

awwwwwwwwwww too sweet : ) you sure are amazing

narkus

Re: oh crud

come on baby dragon! Pass up the leaf!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : )

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: BE ALERT The World Needs More Lerts!

It might be better to pull this and save it. You could submit just the face if you wanted to, but the text is funny and might could be used in another relevant derby that allows text.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

SailorButterfly

Re: Scan me

Hmm...I'd honestly be surprised if this hasn't been done somewhere before, but I'm too lazy to search for it. l o l

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SailorButterfly

Re: Calligraphic Rose

Very pretty.

SailorButterfly

Ceiling cat returns! *votes*

SailorButterfly

Re: PICK A CARD ANY CARD

I think you might have switched the 2 images by mistake...might wanna pull it and resubmit it correctly real quick like before you lose many votes!

narkus

SkekTek wrote:Wow... expected this to be doing better.

it's still very good work

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Patchitect wrote:

Damn right! L O L

AnGeLiCbOrIs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnGeLiCbOrIs

Re: BE ALERT The World Needs More Lerts!

There is no text.

There are no lerts.

sleemo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sleemo
mjc613 wrote:We would be naive to think that good artists aren't showing their work elsewhere as well. And looking at other sites gives us the chance to see what's happening in the world outside woot. It's good for the designers and it's good for woot.

Hm - good point.

sigaru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sigaru

ceiling cat!

blakeapeterso

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blakeapeterso
joelterrific wrote:SWEET...I have no personal objections to the ostrich, a noble and powerful bird. Unfair Unshmair...we've never seen this before. Hooray!

And to my best recollection none of us have worn a woot flying penguin shirt before either. Personally I didn't care for the penguin, hence no vote and one less sale, which is what I understood to be the whole basis for the derby. Woot staff picks the shirts we are offered 4 days of the week and I thought the other 3 days were for what wooters chose to buy. I have no problem setting new rules before a derby, only when they are changed arbitrarily in the middle of the contest; especially forever banning a shirt or idea that we have not had the option to purchase in the past.

For some reason I find this absolutely hilarious. GMV Cho and best of luck.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
andrewlb wrote:just wanted to let you know that as our designs slowly make their way up at a similar rate, I hold no grudge and I vote for your shirt : )

Thanks for your support derby neighbor

artulo

Re: Stairway to......

Hello Derby neighbor, thought I would return the favor of dropping by. It's that time of the week where entries like ours kinda move up at the same rate! Of course no ill will is held at all by me either. You had my vote already with the great stairway.

artulo

Re: Professor Von Platypus

On a roll, Prof. Von Platty - good luck! Loving this, GF12!

ExpletiveDeleted

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ExpletiveDeleted

I like cats as well as the next guy but isn't this a direct trace of the famed ceiling cat? I have no talent, but if we're allowed to find images on the web and trace them I'm all in for these contests.

You mean I really am important? How I feel when I'm drunk is correct?

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating
ExpletiveDeleted wrote:
I like cats as well as the next guy but isn't this a direct trace of the famed ceiling cat? I have no talent, but if we're allowed to find images on the web and trace them I'm all in for these contests.

Have you ever tried tracing. If so you can probably tell that this wasn't a direct trace. If not, I'll tell you right now this wasn't a direct trace.

andreus71990

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andreus71990
Re: Why Can't I Fly, Friend?

that wuz teh funneh, this is hilarious! great job!!

Atherton5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Atherton5
mehron wrote:Good job, but VERY similar to a recent Woot shirt. All thats practically missing is 2 skulls and color. http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1904707

Nice try, thanks for the "Good job" but this is my own unique artwork. It is not ripped off of anything or anyone's existing artwork, you are welcome to check for yourself, as I am an exclusive contributor to iStockphoto.com and my ORIGINAL artwork resides on that site at:
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_closeup.php?id=4067713
I created and posted the original last August. I don't see the similarity you mention in your comment.

ExpletiveDeleted

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ExpletiveDeleted
Iambusyeating wrote:Have you ever tried tracing. If so you can probably tell that this wasn't a direct trace. If not, I'll tell you right now this wasn't a direct trace.

Ok don't get your panties in a bunch. Maybe I should have asked if it was OK to "kinda" trace images on the web? I'm just looking for some guidance on what's acceptable. The lighthouse wasn't a direct trace but it was rejected.

You mean I really am important? How I feel when I'm drunk is correct?

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
t0ddt0dd wrote:the tiled .jpg makes an amazing computer desktop - great design!

Cool I'll have to try it, thanks

sleemo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sleemo

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
shan24 wrote:Cool I'll have to try it, thanks

Oh wow you're right, it tiles perfectly! Who knew?

Zodgilla

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zodgilla
Re: Line Tape

Awesome! This is great stuff right here... Very vintage.

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
2thFairy wrote:Oh.. DEAR husband.. hahahaha! Mine carries a different "D" word!

HAHAHAHA

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

yeeter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
ExpletiveDeleted wrote:Ok don't get your panties in a bunch. Maybe I should have asked if it was OK to "kinda" trace images on the web? I'm just looking for some guidance on what's acceptable. The lighthouse wasn't a direct trace but it was rejected.

In the case of voter ambiguity, you can vote for my butterfly knowing that I personally took the source photo, so there are no copyright concerns. And the line method is virtually identical to Jimiyo's ceiling cat (but horizontal).

Jimiyo, sorry for vote sniping, but I can use any help I can get...

VOTE!

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
yeeter wrote:In the case of voter ambiguity, you can vote for my butterfly knowing that I personally took the source photo, so there are no copyright concerns. And the line method is virtually identical to Jimiyo's ceiling cat (but horizontal).

Jimiyo, sorry for vote sniping, but I can use any help I can get...

But the person whom you're asking votes from (ExpletiveDeleted) cannot vote. No woots. =(

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
ExpletiveDeleted wrote:

this was covered before -- and if you'll notice, it wasn't rejected due to "trace", it was rejected to a similar shirt existing. I think if you compare ceiling cat to jimiyo's cats, you'll notice that neither one are a direct trace; no filter or livetrace could get the results he's achieved.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

Amach06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Amach06
Re: Death on a Pale White UNICORN!

This shirt needs to get printed. This is what this site needs. Great Designers like this.

Well there is always next year....

goldenmomiji

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldenmomiji
ExpletiveDeleted wrote:Ok don't get your panties in a bunch. Maybe I should have asked if it was OK to "kinda" trace images on the web? I'm just looking for some guidance on what's acceptable. The lighthouse wasn't a direct trace but it was rejected.

When I made my design I looked at an image when I drew it. So if your design resembles a pic because you were looking at it then I think its okay.

Please vote on my design!