goldenmomiji

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldenmomiji
goldenmomiji wrote:When I made my design I looked at an image when I drew it. So if your design resembles a pic because you were looking at it then I think its okay.

P.S. REALLY cute kitty. GMV again. Hope to see more work from you!!!

Please vote on my design!

frogboyjb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frogboyjb
Re: line dreams

This derby is quite fun, I love making line drawings

jamescho84

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamescho84

looks good man, gmv.

bryozoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryozoan
kylemittskus wrote:I would die before I used wikipedia as a referential source. Look at photos of line art. Don't read what pundits think they know about it.

Re: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_art

I added that particular link and quote for only one reason: woot used the same link in the contest description. I thought re-linking it might help resolve any confusion.

In any case, I am thrilled by how well "grow" is doing and look forward to purchasing my shirt.

soulfood1966

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soulfood1966

Love it! GMV

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
ExpletiveDeleted wrote:
I like cats as well as the next guy but isn't this a direct trace of the famed ceiling cat? I have no talent, but if we're allowed to find images on the web and trace them I'm all in for these contests.

it is the ceiling cat.
it is... also a joke. not a serious attempt to win.

"but if we're allowed to find images on the web and trace them I'm all in for these contests. "

bring it on. cause this ones done with style and grace friend. traced is not the word for it.

ive only hung around for a few weeks but im already TIRED OF THIS PLACE. i wish i could be gracious when unwarrant Animosity is presented towards me, but seriously it feels like a bunch of fake butt kissers with their minions of haters. anytime someone comes through, who's not on YOUR team, you get the minions sent after you. this way, the person who sent the minions, maintains their nice persona..

it like when Hillary sent out that silly Obama photo, and denied it. that wuz teh funneh.

im here to make jokes, thats number 1 priority.
number two is submit shirts.

makes me lose faith in the world. i didnt come here to grow up.

Dizang!

i appreciate those of you who are nice. or at least tactful in your critiques.

;j

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
jimiyo wrote: Words....about cats. And how mean Woot is ; ;
;j

Please don't leave jimiyo! =( At least, not until you print more shirts. ;) I don't think one pirate shirt from you is going to cut it. I love your art, and I'd love to buy your art for $10. that wuz teh funneh =D

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: It's kind of like sonar...

A) why didnt you submit this earlier
B) keep pumping this kind of stuff out
C) got my vote

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

yeeter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
jimiyo wrote:<snip> TIRED OF THIS PLACE<snip>

You can't leave! Just look at James Cho, he left but then he came back. He said he wouldn't participate in the forums...I'm pretty sure I've seen him there. The draw of this place is hard to leave behind. Sure there's some drama and some haters. Forget 'em! Be excellent and keep doing it.

VOTE!

jamescho84

Re: Impish Fairy

This got lost in the jungle of entries when it should be standing out. Beautiful linework, gmw

jamescho84

yeeter wrote:You can't leave! Just look at James Cho, he left but then he came back. He said he wouldn't participate in the forums...I'm pretty sure I've seen him there. The draw of this place is hard to leave behind. Sure there's some drama and some haters. Forget 'em! Be excellent and keep doing it.

Actually, I've been keeping out of them, unless you mean the comments thread. Otherwise i'm just here to help out if there are any tablet woes. Too much hatred and bitterness in that main forum thread, and any post I make there is considered useless.

With any kind of success I think you'll get an equal amount of lovers and haters. Once you start getting people making passive aggressive comments, then it really starts grinding your gears. But leave them be, take a break if you must, but I hope to see you in every weeks contest and place in all of them. Jimiyo to infinity and beyond.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
narkus wrote:it's still very good work

Thanks! It took me like 7 hours... for nothing else, it looks AWESOME printed on tabloid paper...

SkekTek

Re: Did You Hear That?

I really like this! Nice job!

sparklzk27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparklzk27
CAMMS wrote:Excellent, voted. Will buy if this makes it!

Thanks for your vote! i was in the new hotness for awhile when it was still new but now the love has dwindled and jimiyo (sorry if i spelled it wrong) entered a cat shirt too, equally if not more adoreable than mine, so i fear my poor kitty has no chance at all, oh well there's still a few days left

mikeulus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikeulus

Very cool! Hope this one makes it as a woot shirt. I like these simple monochrome designs

sleemo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sleemo
kylemittskus wrote:A) why didnt you submit this earlier
B) keep pumping this kind of stuff out
C) got my vote

A) I was super busy until yesterday. I wanted to have it in on the first day to see how that effected(affected?) the votes it would get.
B) Will do
C) Thanks!

Explodinggreenllama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Explodinggreenllama

Been's done.....

http://www.jinx.com/men/shirts/geek/human_barcode.html?catid=1

I actually OWN that shirt xO

"I'm Snug the joiner, and I'm a man."
-Daniel Parvis, Midsummer Nights Dream

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Re: Bunny Pirate

Drawn in Paint.

I think it shows.

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct

*giggles*, bunny meme tastic!

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar

GMV! =D

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

Ashleyrah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ashleyrah
bryozoan wrote:Re: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_art

I added that particular link and quote for only one reason: woot used the same link in the contest description. I thought re-linking it might help resolve any confusion.

In any case, I am thrilled by how well "grow" is doing and look forward to purchasing my shirt.

Thanks - I was about to reply the same thing to Kyle. I'm curious as to which "pundits" are nerfing the line art article....

A study was done that shows Wikipedia to be about as accurate as the Encyclopedia Britannica. (http://www.news.com/2100-1038_3-5997332.html). And it's not like we're submitting our woot posts to academic journals.

Thanks for posting the link and reminding us of the definitions Woot is using for this derby.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly

you entered it! *giggles* love the placement! ;-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

SailorButterfly

Re: By Any Other Name...

There are so many pretty rose entries this derby. It would almost be a shame if one didn't win.

Your roses look pretty, but are they supposed to look that light? Looks they would barely show up the shirt, and I wasn't sure if that was on purpose or not.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

frogboyjb

jamescho84 wrote:looks good man, gmv.

thanks James, that means a lot

frogboyjb

soulfood1966 wrote:Love it! GMV

thanks soulfood, grits and fatback and collard greens, mmmm soulfood

Ashleyrah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ashleyrah

<Voicing my discontent at the loss of the penguins>

As has been said countless times before, retiring memes is one thing - rejecting one without forewarning is something else entirely. It just doesn't seem sporting...

Voting for you cho! And when the time comes, I'll be buying the ostriches. Too cute.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce

Awww where are the ninja stars ;-). GMV.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
SailorButterfly wrote:Very pretty.

Why thank you kindly. I hope I managed to strike a nice balance between abstraction and representation. I think I managed to find something safely in between... though I wonder if I should have been slightly more ornate in my execution.

I was also debating whether this should be a black rose on a cranberry shirt or moving it to a more interesting location... perhaps at the lower left side (the wearer's left)... anyone have a preference?

SkekTek

Re: Feline Peeper

Your standard brick wall, where, if you look closely, you see a cat staring back at you from inside a hole in that wall. A late entry, but I thought it was cute!

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: The Thunderbolt

Wow, two votes from 100. Thanks for the support! ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

daedalusknight

Re: As the wind blows

You know, this is the kind of shirt that makes you wish they could go fill bleed. This would be fabulous as a band of wind across the middle of the shirt, extending to both sides. Even so, given the limitations of the printing process, I think it's great... very dynamic and.. breezy.

You've got my vote... I hope it makes it so that I can grab one or two of these.

klawrence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages klawrence
Re: oh crud

I'm not really a dragon person, but this is too funny. gmv

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
mjc613 wrote:Oh Oh. The ground below the lighthouse is different, but otherwise, these are just a little too similar.

For those of you who are curious, this is the Cape Blanco lighhouse, and it stands above the western-most point in Oregon.

Adder, you've created a monster.

The lighthouse may have been traced, but I don't think it's from this particular photo. If you compare the circled parts shown below:

Red circled area: the little extension of the house sticks out further in the shirt than in the photo
Blue circled area: the bottom of the tower in the photo is flat, the bottom in the shirt is concave up.
Green circled area: the greenish ring and the platform are concave down in the photo, they're concave up in the shirt.

From the differences, I'd guess that the perspective in the shirt is from a location to the right and higher up than in the photo that was posted earlier.

Kesrael

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kesrael
Re: Death on a Pale White UNICORN!

Come on, people! Let's get voting for this one! This shirt needs to be printed!! It's a lot better than all of the other ones in the fog!

SailorButterfly

Re: Feline Peeper

You're right, it is! GMV

SailorButterfly

Re: Calligraphic Rose

I, and apparently at least 25 other people, think it's fine the way it is. There's already a black rose on a cranberry shirt entry, so I think yours stands out more from it by being red on black. The placement is fine because woot shirts are long, and anything placed low tends to get scrunched up. That might be ok for part of a big design, but the rose would probably get lost.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Gaudi

Oooh, this is cool. I like it a lot.

But after I clicked on the thumbnail I noticed something. While you may have done it by scribbling, there are a couple fills in the windows. I don't think this will survive because of that. >_<; Please resub!

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

daedalusknight

SailorButterfly wrote:I, and apparently at least 25 other people, think it's fine the way it is. There's already a black rose on a cranberry shirt entry, so I think yours stands out more from it by being red on black. The placement is fine because woot shirts are long, and anything placed low tends to get scrunched up. That might be ok for part of a big design, but the rose would probably get lost.

Thanks for the feedback.

frogboyjb

Re: shamrock

okay, so I couldn't resist posting this shamrock design. I actually drew this out for a design for a boat name and thought it would make an excellent shirt for an Irishman like me. Also might come in handy to keep from getting pinched if you don't wear green

SailorButterfly

Re: shamrock

This would be a perfect St. Patrick's Day shirt (I need one, too). GMV and if it wins, I'll overnight to make sure I get it in time!!