derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: Blowing Away

Wow, this must have taken a long time to do. cool.

Check out my blog:Here!

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: As the wind blows

Woah that is some smooth line work. It's pushing the boundaries of the rules for this derby I'm excited to see how they handle this.

KenSPT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KenSPT
jwink wrote:Same comment i left on spring rebirth: James, this is great, but i'll note the hyprocracy of the "mob" voting so favorably for a shirt on creme and putting it in the fog early-on. So if James does it you like creme shirts but no one else?

I agree ... certain Derby submitters have a following here, and they become contenders regardless of what they submit. Cho and TGentry come to mind.

Don't get me wrong, I think they're both immensely talented, but I think if someone who was an unknown submitted either of the designs they submitted this week it would get lost in the shuffle.

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
jwink wrote:James, this is great, but i'll note the hyprocracy of the "mob" voting so favorably for a shirt on creme and putting it in the fog early-on. So if James does it you like creme shirts but no one else?

I have at least 3 or 4 creme shirts; I love them. Don't speak for me!

Although, I am desperate for an olive one, I have 0 of those. ; ;

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

aaa6112

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aaa6112
jamescho84 wrote:Thank you for the kind words, though it will not stay this way.
I thought i'd give this design a little introduction. I agree with most of you in that this concept has been done to death, however I felt I could bring some distinction by using a more retro steam engine, and highlighting the fact that even with technology - Orville Bogglesworth (the pilot penguin) cannot take off from the ground. For those who are angry at this idea, I can definitely understand why. Sorry to those who do feel this way [in advance], and I hope you will take a look at my other entries now, and what I will be submitting throughout today and tomorrow. Thank you for reading.

I'd like a lil more explanation on the design, Cho. I am pretty sure that u deliberately fitted the burner on the pilot penguin up side down (looking at how the burner is blowing steam from its top), no? Is that the reason the penguin is not able to fly? If yes, then wouldn't the other penguin have to feed coal into the bottom part of the burner?? I'm not sure if the poor penguin would be able to do so. Or maybe there's something I'm missing?

KenSPT

Re: Sashimi Hunters Woodcut

I actually like this version more than the last ...

KenSPT

eyeslikesugar wrote:I have at least 3 or 4 creme shirts; I love them. Don't speak for me!

As I stated in the other thread, I think he has a point.

I firmly believe if an unknown submitted any of the designs he submitted this week, they would get lost in the shuffle, yet all three of his are in the fog.

Cho is more talented than I could ever wish to be, so don't think I'm flaming him, I'm just stating an opinion ...

dekonstruct

Re: RoboRaptor (silver)

Yay, I was hoping you'd go for the silver look, now who do we contact about printing this with metallic ink? GMV

jwink

quality posts: 39 Private Messages jwink
eyeslikesugar wrote:I have at least 3 or 4 creme shirts; I love them. Don't speak for me!

I hear you, i agree as well. I like the earth tones, we aslo dont get enough designs on olive which is a really nice AA color when seen in person.

Follow me on Twitter
Blooging away

eyeslikesugar

KenSPT wrote:As I stated in the other thread, I think he has a point.

I firmly believe if an unknown submitted any of the designs he submitted this week, they would get lost in the shuffle, yet all three of his are in the fog.

Cho is more talented than I could ever wish to be, so don't think I'm flaming him, I'm just stating an opinion ...

I think if a shirt design is good, it will win no matter who it is.

See: Zenne and Redghia.
(pretty sure Zenne is an unknown, and I knew redghia was pretty new to submitting when lemmings won.. not only won DOMINATED the derby for a few days as a late submit)

bryozoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryozoan
Re: Why Can't I Fly, Friend?

Isn't this the same character as

Re: penguins last dream (resub)

I don't think the same artist either...

tgentry

quality posts: 123 Private Messages tgentry
KenSPT wrote:As I stated in the other thread, I think he has a point.

I don't think that's quite true. Zenne was a relative unknown last week and she got over 800 votes. I have two entries this week that will be lucky to get over 20 votes the whole derby. I think it's all about the entry, and Cho's entries are all top notch this week.

joseguerra22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joseguerra22

PURE GENIUS !!!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
dekonstruct wrote:Yay, I was hoping you'd go for the silver look, now who do we contact about printing this with metallic ink? GMV

Wish I could... if this gets no love here, definitely going DBH silver...

tgentry

jwink wrote:I hear you, i agree as well. I like the earth tones, we aslo dont get enough designs on olive which is a really nice AA color when seen in person.

If you like olive, vote up Hatter's House! Olive galore.

Dagith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dagith
Re: oh crud

I can just see in the dragons eyes..."he sure looks tasty"
...omnomnom

jrooey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrooey
Re: Fireflies

m4dcow this is one of the best derby entries so far, in my opinion. Very nice, I really like the modern/robotechno feel you've given this shirt.

I hope to see more pieces like this, and less cartoony cute illustrations. Variety is the spice of life

bluchez

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bluchez
Re: Cool Sophistication

Very distinguished for a carnivorous creature. Do you think he's just faking it?

dekonstruct

Re: Spring Rebirth

sweet baby jesus, how do you do this so quickly?

JadenKale

quality posts: 186 Private Messages JadenKale
superspryte wrote:that wuz teh funneh, thanks. I'm sure you recognize him from my doodles in the chat. ^_^

yep yep! I like that you went with the clean line version but I would have loved to have seen him the way you draw him IRL. Would have given him an organic feel, even if it's just a smiley

bryozoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryozoan
Re: Angel

Great shirt!

eyeslikesugar

tgentry wrote:If you like olive, vote up Hatter's House! Olive galore.

I told you I'd vote if you moved the placement. You kept your end of the bargain, and so did I.
=)

eyeslikesugar

Jolly good, what what! Tally ho!

lanikei

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lanikei
Re: Space Bunneh!

LOVE IT!

joseguerra22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joseguerra22

This is THE BEST shirt EVER posted - PERIOD. Forget all that cutesie sh*t.

Beefcoat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beefcoat
dekonstruct wrote:This is so good, I wish I could live there.

Amazingly impressive as always! Nice work!

Toadlet

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Toadlet
Re: Get Lucky

I can kind of see that all the dice are visibly showing sevens, but those numbers are always on opposite sides...

I appear to be melting.

JadenKale

quality posts: 186 Private Messages JadenKale
Zenne wrote:FINISHED

TWO MINUTES BEFORE NOON

HAHAHA @ PROCRASTINATION

Awesome job Zenne. I was wondering what you were going to come up with this week!

AnGeLiCbOrIs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnGeLiCbOrIs
aaa6112 wrote:I'd like a lil more explanation on the design, Cho. I am pretty sure that u deliberately fitted the burner on the pilot penguin up side down (looking at how the burner is blowing steam from its top), no? Is that the reason the penguin is not able to fly? If yes, then wouldn't the other penguin have to feed coal into the bottom part of the burner?? I'm not sure if the poor penguin would be able to do so. Or maybe there's something I'm missing?

Do you really care?

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r

tgentry

I really like this! Great work.

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
Re: Poppies grow wild in Australia

Conveniently, this matches my poppy-coloured nail polish I bought yesterday. I guess I just like orange-y red, and I hope you do, too.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

jwink wrote:James, this is great, but i'll note the hyprocracy of the "mob" voting so favorably for a shirt on creme and putting it in the fog early-on. So if James does it you like creme shirts but no one else?

Perhaps the strength of the design outweighs the cream.

I have 3 cream shirt.woots and can honestly say that the color looks fine in person. (Breakfast Topo, Pirate Penguin, and Comparative Diagram)

Stop hatin'

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
KENPARS0NS wrote:Cool shirt! Should be higher ranked...

Thanks.

DuctTapeHippie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DuctTapeHippie

I love this simple design. I was worried by the thumbnail of it because I was afraid it was going to have cut off edges, but I see that you phased out the lines very well, keeping the image contained but not limited. I'd definitely buy it and recommend it to my friends.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

dekonstruct wrote:sweet baby jesus, how do you do this so quickly?

Poor guy must have been up all night.

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
Re: Climbing vine

I love the art and hate the colour.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Excellent!

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox

This is brilliant I love that the rover is up on a cinder block.

DuctTapeHippie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DuctTapeHippie
Re: grow

I really like this design, and the color scheme. I'm glad the lines ended in a way that contained the design, but didn't make it feel cut off or limited.