heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
Beefcoat wrote:Don't forget teddy Oh fer Cheesy!... I mean Oh fer cute (Click below to vote)

I voted for teddy too. :D

stannley

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stannley
klswoot wrote:
who has shown only quality entries in the few derbies he's participated and showed us a dragon with knight in one of his first designs.

I loved that entry, I think it was the first derby entry I saw that I stood back and said now there's a shirt I would buy - now I know why I like this entry so much and why the artist name rang a bell. Personally I would love to see the quitting knight as a daily.

CherTJ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CherTJ
Re: Cattitude

Aww! That looks like my cat when he was a kitten. Of course I voted!

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
melis62 wrote:If you're going to say that a design is 'basically already for sale' someplace else, you have to be ready for people to interpret that comment as a call for rejection of the design. And it's poor form to then call supporters of the design paranoid when they attempt to rebuff your comments.

In my opinion, the only things these two shirts have in common is that they both include a dragon and a knight. I have no idea what truly motivated you to post your comment, but I think calling these two shirts the same is way off base.

my apologies. i'll never ever ever acknowledge the existence of other shirts that are kind of similar ever again here. I forget that wooters are oh so fragile and easily frightened and hurt by challenges to anything they like, however innocuous they may be.

Thanks for being so cool beefcoat...just a final word repeated: I like your dragon and knight and hope it can displace grow and get a chance at printing. I thought the other one was cool too and figured others might as well. Just thought it was a neat coincidence given that other one was by the daily designer from today.

Peace love and happiness to all....

Beefcoat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beefcoat
stannley wrote:I loved that entry, I think it was the first derby entry I saw that I stood back and said now there's a shirt I would buy - now I know why I like this entry so much and why the artist name rang a bell. Personally I would love to see the quitting knight as a daily.

I have heard much about these Daily submissions and I have no idea how to be a part of that. Fill me in?

melis62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melis62
brizz wrote:my apologies. i'll never ever ever acknowledge the existence of other shirts that are kind of similar ever again here. I forget that wooters are oh so fragile and easily frightened and hurt by challenges to anything they like, however innocuous they may be.

Thanks for being so cool beefcoat...just a final word repeated: I like your dragon and knight and hope it can displace grow and get a chance at printing. I thought the other one was cool too and figured others might as well. Just thought it was a neat coincidence given that other one was by the daily designer from today.

Peace love and happiness to all....

If you had called them 'kind of similar' in the first place I think it would have gone over better.

I like beefcoat's shirt. I hope it is, and stays, in the top 3 this week.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
TAYLORT5 wrote:good question. answer is : don't know.I think I submitted it on navy first, then changed it.and put the first color
I went with. so It already has a little mystery to it ...ratfarts.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

elvenscribe23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elvenscribe23
Re: By Any Other Name...

Thanks so much! It looked a lot better on my original screen, but it got blurred and messed up a little in the transfer to a JPEG. So, no, it's not supposed to look quite that light...

bugtwist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bugtwist
Re: Aviator Chick

I love the design, but it kinda goes aginst the fill rules set by the derby. I would totally buy it tho =)

mychaelwithay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mychaelwithay
aevans07 wrote:oh no! get back in the fog! how did the leaf get in and not this??

seriously, this is the best shirt i've ever seen. i NEED this. if this doesn't make it, someone else should print these. i am going to die if i don't get it. for real. not to bash anybodys work, but this is at LEAST 4 billion times better than the leaf.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
TAYLORT5 wrote:

I was curious about the title too. But, you know...I like it on the olive! Looks good on the navy too, but it's great to seeing it getting the votes on the olive. Taylor - I think this is your best design to date. Nicely done!

stannley

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stannley
Beefcoat wrote:I have heard much about these Daily submissions and I have no idea how to be a part of that. Fill me in?

I'm not the one to answer this as I'm fairly new to shirtwoot and generally have found I suck at computer generated design. I know there are many fuzzy, ever evolving rules as with everything else on woot. Maybe KLS (I know she recently had a daily) or any other of the more experienced designer could fill you in...(insert a very large HELP here)

merlynaugsburger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages merlynaugsburger
Re: Not a Pussycat

I Super love tigers. mmmm.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
klswoot wrote:I just don't understand how you can narrowly apply your logic to one entry...but not do the same assessment to each of the entry's nearest neighbors.

Probably because he likes the neighbors more?

Brizz doesn't censor his ideas, and I respect him for that much more than I respect people who feel that because his ideas aren't their own, he's a jerk. He doesn't pull punches. This is not a situation where he has punched at all. He's seeing a similarity and pointing it out. Things have been rejected for less, but things have been kept around for more. Nowhere did he say he wished ill on beefcoat for said similarities, just noted that they were there. No one objective could say beef was copying that, but there are obviously some similar threads.

It is completely possible to be critical without having an agenda, but more importantly, it's possible to be selectively critical. I've been very critical of Grow because it's got nothing to stand on. It's the un-design. Like 7-Up. I haven't criticized many other simple designs because they were DESIGNS, or else were languishing where they deserved. I haven't criticized Grow's "neighbors" because they're all deserving of their neighborhood, and most, I'd buy. I'm sure that Brizz is thinking similarly. Regardless, I think we both know that if Brizz disliked the dragon, we'd know it. It wouldn't be ambiguous. But if you feel that someone should only point out what could be construed as flaws if they're going to do it in EVERY design, I'm sure he would be willing to accommodate, and I'd be happy to help.

Sometimes comments are just comments. Why would you apply the logic that Brizz is sniping at beefcoat, and not give the same assessment to every actual passive-aggressive jab over the course of a derby?

narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
brizz wrote:Jesus H. Christ! Did I say it should be rejected? NO! For god's sake people....I just saw it and thought it was similar and it reminded me of this one....that's all. I swear this forum is the most hypersensitive ZOMG JUST BE NICE OR CHUT UP i've ever seen anywhere.

who sounds hypersensitive here?

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
stannley wrote:I'm not the one to answer this as I'm fairly new to shirtwoot and generally have found I suck at computer generated design. I know there are many fuzzy, ever evolving rules as with everything else on woot. Maybe KLS (I know she recently had a daily) or any other of the more experienced designer could fill you in...(insert a very large HELP here)

Dailies are direct through woot. From the FAQ:

Who’s designing these t-shirts?
We’re constantly recruiting experienced, talented designers who don’t mind ruining their good name by being associated with us. Each day’s shirt description includes a little bit about that day’s artist, including links to their other work. If you like their stuff, you can check out what else they’re up to. Otherwise, some of our shirts will be designed by our in-house staff. Also, each Friday, Saturday, and Sunday we’ll sell the winning t-shirts from our weekly design Derby (more about that below).

Can I design a t-shirt for Shirt.Woot?
If you’re one of those experienced, talented t-shirt designers we were talking about, contact us at shirt@woot.com. Tell us about your previous design experience, and include some samples of your work. We will look at every submission, but unfortunately, we might not be able to respond to everyone. Your chances are much, much better if you don’t act like a total jerk.

jdrage

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jdrage

Schrödinger's cat?

AnGeLiCbOrIs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnGeLiCbOrIs
Re: Finger Sprouts

The detail looks very badly compressed. Can you please post a big pic of the design? I'd love to see it clearer.

Thanks!

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Beefcoat wrote:I have heard much about these Daily submissions and I have no idea how to be a part of that. Fill me in?

I've never heard of a derby submission making it as a daily. ^_^

If you'd like to talk to them about daily designs read this and try emailing shirt@woot.com.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Beefcoat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beefcoat
AdderXYU wrote:Dailies are direct through woot. From the FAQ:

Who’s designing these t-shirts?
We’re constantly recruiting experienced, talented designers who don’t mind ruining their good name by being associated with us. Each day’s shirt description includes a little bit about that day’s artist, including links to their other work. If you like their stuff, you can check out what else they’re up to. Otherwise, some of our shirts will be designed by our in-house staff. Also, each Friday, Saturday, and Sunday we’ll sell the winning t-shirts from our weekly design Derby (more about that below).

Can I design a t-shirt for Shirt.Woot?
If you’re one of those experienced, talented t-shirt designers we were talking about, contact us at shirt@woot.com. Tell us about your previous design experience, and include some samples of your work. We will look at every submission, but unfortunately, we might not be able to respond to everyone. Your chances are much, much better if you don’t act like a total jerk.

Thanks a ton!

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Re: Fly, Nessie, Fly!

Come on! How many flying sea monster entries are we going to see every week?!

Send this the way of the penguins, i say!

(i love it. wtg!)

Jemmacakes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jemmacakes
Re: Feline Peeper

It reminds me of the cats from endowed with the luck of the irish Purr-ee
(old animated movie....)
...http://youtube.com/watch?v=mWqX8X7HBBc

AnGeLiCbOrIs

kylemittskus wrote:Finally a tiger shirt!

Here ya go. It's from the winter derby.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Jemmacakes wrote:It reminds me of the cats from endowed with the luck of the irish Purr-ee
(old animated movie....)
...http://youtube.com/watch?v=mWqX8X7HBBc

You're totally right! I like the shirt even more now!

I love that movie. Haven't seen it in years, though. Might have to pull out again soon...I think I have it on tape somewhere. ^-^

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
bluchez wrote:In case anyone is curious what kind of detail is actually in this piece, and how stunning the final print will be, I thought I'd post a recent jimiyo woot shirt. I just got it in the mail today, and could not be happier.

Click Image to own your own. Click link below for full photo.

Full Image of Shirt

Wooord! I got mine today too!

I have to say, if I did it all over again, I would not have chosen heather gray. I meant for one of the grays to be shirt color, that way the ink coverage wouldnt be so much. This mother is ALOT of ink, which means on a really hot day, it wont be so breezy in the chest area. Thankfully, its a lightweight shirt, not a 6.1oz I dont think. More like 4.3 or similar. Im impressed at the ability for them to print the small details. Woot did a good job.

BTW, technical stuff... the outline/line art was 3px pencil.
End image was index with 3 total colors excluding shirt color. (essentially a gif)

Anyways. Thanks for posting the picture. Im too lazy to take one.

sparklzk27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparklzk27
CherTJ wrote:Aww! That looks like my cat when he was a kitten. Of course I voted!

that's funny, this actually is my cat when he was a kitten, well except he's not really made up of lines and stuff but you know here is a pic of him...then and now

narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
sparklzk27 wrote:that's funny, this actually is my cat when he was a kitten, well except he's not really made up of lines and stuff but you know here is a pic of him...then and now

You have a chinchilla too! Mine will sit on my greyhound's feet and chew on his nails!

nzemek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nzemek
AnGeLiCbOrIs wrote:The detail looks very badly compressed. Can you please post a big pic of the design? I'd love to see it clearer.

Thanks!

Here is the full size image. Enjoy!

SailorButterfly

sparklzk27 wrote:that's funny, this actually is my cat when he was a kitten, well except he's not really made up of lines and stuff but you know here is a pic of him...then and now

An adorable kitten grown up into a beautiful cat. They grow up so fast, don't they? *tear*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dimitrii

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dimitrii
TAYLORT5 wrote:good question. answer is : don't know.I think I submitted it on navy first, then changed it.and put the first color
I went with. so It already has a little mystery to it ...ratfarts.

Just call the fish that it is sitting on the navy. A Woot description if I ever saw one.

sparklzk27

narkus wrote:You have a chinchilla too! Mine will sit on my greyhound's feet and chew on his nails!

l o l that's so cute we actually have three chinchillas although i doubt our dog would let any one of them anywhere near her nails

racheleigho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages racheleigho
Re: Art Class Figure Study (designed by my daughter)

Nice. Would you consider submitting one with 3 people in the hear no evil; see no evil; speak no evil poses?

klswoot

Re: Ushering in Spring

atlinden wrote:i really like this design but i think the versions you have on DBH does it much more justice. i believe that this is artwork deserves vibrant colors not just the yellow also the different parts of the design stand out more with color. but i like this picture more than the one on DBH i think if you colored this version it would look amazing

Thanks AT! I'll take that into account when I do this design with color.

SailorButterfly

Re: Death on a Pale White UNICORN!

Every time this shirt falls out of the fog, Domo-kun kills a kitten.

Please, think of the kittens. Vote!

jamescho84

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamescho84
Re: Knight On Navy

This had my vote the minute it was submitted, great work taylor.

FearTheGorgon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FearTheGorgon
Re: grow

I don't like this shirt very much, but if you want to find out about how low class people can be read this thread. I'm sorry I bothered.

Jemmacakes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jemmacakes
Re: grow

Maybe you folks should come out to the country. This looks like a logo on a horse feed bag at my barn.

I am not kidding.

sparklzk27

SailorButterfly wrote:An adorable kitten grown up into a beautiful cat. They grow up so fast, don't they? *tear*

yea they do, i've had Pj since he was born, my other cat had kittens before we got her spayed. here's a pic of him sleeping with Beta (his mom). actually your cat looks a little like Beta

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
jamescho84 wrote:This had my vote the minute it was submitted, great work taylor.

I really am surprised, it got so many so fast.I need Keira Knightley to hold me untill the feeling passes. arg......or the other way around i mean...geezeoowee.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

klswoot

jimiyo wrote:Wooord! I got mine today too!
I have to say, if I did it all over again, I would not have chosen heather gray.
Anyways. Thanks for posting the picture. Im too lazy to take one.

Why did you get your copy so late? You did a fabulous job on the design and I think woot did an excellent job with the print. (I believe I commented already under the actual shirt thread.) My husband wore his the other day and the large print area looked great on him. I'll have to keep in mind what you said about the hot summer days...maybe layering it with a camisole would work well.