AnGeLiCbOrIs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnGeLiCbOrIs
Re: Come to the River

I still like it but I preferred the other one. GMV.

bryozoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryozoan
Re: grow

Simple and gorgeous. Would make a very nice t-shirt.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnGeLiCbOrIs
Re: Bambi Tells Me Things

Nice work!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Re: Splinter Remembered

This is my tribute to Splinter whom will be greatly missed here on woot. It is intended to look like the freehand sketch it is and not like a polished vector blueprint. I hope the rest of you appreciate it as well.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

tgentry

quality posts: 123 Private Messages tgentry
Re: Show some love

Wow, very cool.

megumisensei

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megumisensei
bryozoan wrote:Great shirt!

Thank you <3 I'm glad you like it.

Meep.

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
Re: Loosing My Mind

looks like a polygon wireframe you do 3dsmax/Maya?

tgentry

quality posts: 123 Private Messages tgentry
Re: doggy dreams

Good work Joe, I like the style you used.

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
Re: Space Bunneh!

Want.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

JadenKale

quality posts: 186 Private Messages JadenKale
Patchitect wrote:Dragonflies are such lineal things to begin with.....

I like it... and I like that you chose green for the design I think it works very well.

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
AnGeLiCbOrIs wrote:I still like it but I preferred the other one. GMV.

*giggles*, thanks. I just figured out a drawing I might be able to sneak in this week (instead of re-using) :D My inspiration came from the fact I'm completely frazzled right now with work and now a super cool theme pops up and I go "AHHHHH!" Stay tuned!

I wonder if I sneak into the restroom if anyone will notice me taking my computer with me. (Suppose I should request a laptop for these exact situations)

jamescho84

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamescho84
bryozoan wrote:Isn't this the same character as http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=9201 ?

I am temporarily back to answer your question {i was sleeping}. I apologize to the artist of that design, I did not know it existed before I did this. I took some pointers from this site: How to draw steampunk and used the flying machine at the bottom of the page to get the idea. I thought this was a common trait in most air-steam designs, and think this might be coincidental. Once again, sorry to mwm8180 for the similarities. I wasn't around that derby, and the ones after. Back to sleep, thank you for the votes and the comments thus far.

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct

kpengin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kpengin
kingcrazy360 wrote:that's way he's doing? I thought th other penguin was digging a grave.that wuz teh funneh

he he he, that's what i thought too!

dekonstruct

Re: The Doppler Effect

I liked that show a lot, and as a consequence I will now vote for your shirt.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: Blowing Away

It's remarkable. great job.

2005vette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2005vette
Re: As the wind blows

Would do better if you could make it less square.

Atherton5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Atherton5
tgentry wrote:Wow, very cool.

Dude! Thanks for noticing! Your stuff is ALWAYS top notch!

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating
Toadlet wrote:I can kind of see that all the dice are visibly showing sevens, but those numbers are always on opposite sides...

Its true. One should be on the opposite side of 6 and 2 from 5 etc. You playin with phony dice son.

selli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages selli

You have taken the pucker to a whole new level. WTG kneny!!

bethebike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bethebike

[this is a total rip-off of "penguins last dream" Lame

Atherton5

Re: As the wind blows

Thanks all for the kind comments. The smallest line weight is 2pts, so it may be walking the "line" but is should be safe. I guess we'll see...

Atherton5

Re: Climbing vine

Should I resubmit in a different color? Which should I take into consideration? Cream with dark blue ink perhaps?

dekonstruct

Re: Loosing My Mind

It's a nice tessellation, I normally do it all quads but this could be subd's right? I could never figure those things out. Thank god for polygons and displacement maps.

I'd UV wrap the hell out of that face.

slcinc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slcinc
Re: Why Can't I Fly, Friend?

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!
Shame on Woot, shame on Jamescho84...
This penguin is a direct character ripoff from Derby 27, "Penguins Last Dream" MWM8180
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=9201
I am very unimpressed with Woot if they don't reject this shirt
I am a professional designer, and if I tried to plagiarize a character at this level I would be sued.
This penguin illustration is nothing more than MWM8180's penguin drawn out in 3-D. Hey lets please get some originality in this competition....

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
bethebike wrote:[this is a total rip-off of "penguins last dream" Lame

I agree, penguins flying had never been done before that! Way to steal ideas, cho! What's next, a pirate with a sword? A ninja who is sneaky?

(ps- they're not that similar)

dekonstruct

Re: Laser Skull

Pirates of the Caribbean meets Tron? Anyone?

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Atherton5 wrote:Thanks all for the kind comments. The smallest line weight is 2pts, so it may be walking the "line" but is should be safe. I guess we'll see...

Oh, ok. The derby description says 1pt is the smallest allowable, so you should be good. I just had no idea how thin 1pt was, and everyone seems to be using thicker lines, so yours just looked thinner. It's a very good design and I'd hate to see it get the rejection hammer for a technicality. If it does, I hope you'd consider fixing and resubmitting. :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

Ashleyrah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ashleyrah

This is adorable!

bluchez

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bluchez
Re: RoboRaptor (silver)

I would like to say that I was really in awe of this piece the first time I saw it. The 50 different times I've seen it since then, in the main thread, the cyberpub thread, and multiple entries, has really changed my awe to meh, though.

I think there is careful threshold to overexposure of an entry, especially before the contest ever begins (where there are not a ton of other entries that you are being simultaneously exposed to). I blame this (partially) for the outright failure of my ray design, and would not be surprised if this piece ends up suffering in the same way. I think you should really have considered keeping some of this to yourself, or some private help from people. As it stands, by the time this piece made it to votable status, I was already ready to move on to the next design.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
slcinc wrote:I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!
Shame on Woot, shame on Jamescho84...
This penguin is a direct character ripoff from Derby 27, "Penguins Last Dream" MWM8180
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=9201
I am very unimpressed with Woot if they don't reject this shirt
I am a professional designer, and if I tried to plagiarize a character at this level I would be sued.
This penguin illustration is nothing more than MWM8180's penguin drawn out in 3-D. Hey lets please get some originality in this competition....

Please double check your information. Cho was not in the derby that week, and penguins flying are nothing new. Plus, Cho has a pattern of doing a lot of steampunk designs.

Everyone except me is on crack.

dekonstruct

Re: 500PT Stroke

You are the John Cage of Shirt.woot!

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
aaa6112 wrote:I'd like a lil more explanation on the design, Cho. I am pretty sure that u deliberately fitted the burner on the pilot penguin up side down (looking at how the burner is blowing steam from its top), no? Is that the reason the penguin is not able to fly? If yes, then wouldn't the other penguin have to feed coal into the bottom part of the burner?? I'm not sure if the poor penguin would be able to do so. Or maybe there's something I'm missing?

Eh, nevermind...I wasn't even making sense to myself...but basically it doesn't look upside down to me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

dekonstruct

Re: Get Lucky

Will this shirt guarantee my getting lucky? I would like that.

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
geekfactor12 wrote:Please double check your information. Cho was not in the derby that week, and penguins flying are nothing new. Plus, Cho has a pattern of doing a lot of steampunk designs.

Everyone except me is on crack.

Nope.. I agree.. no spider legs, the penguin itself actually HAS legs, etc. There are enough differences to make it hold on it's own; just look at Arrgyle -- that was more of a rip-off.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

Amach06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Amach06
Re: Skulls Skulls Skulls!

The green is a great choice.

Well there is always next year....

bluchez

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bluchez
Iambusyeating wrote:Its true. One should be on the opposite side of 6 and 2 from 5 etc. You playin with phony dice son.

hmm, yeah, the lack of fundamental rules of dice make really make this unwearable, for me.

bryozoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryozoan

Thanks for the reply, Cho. Much appreciated.

I was not trying to start any problem, you have some brilliant designs in this derby (and earlier ones). Just thought you should be aware of the recent derby similarities, since I adored the earlier steam-penguin and it was fresh in my mind, (since I am planning to bug the artist once it gets freed up for another shirt site or a re-derby theme release).

Ashleyrah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ashleyrah

This is very clean - one of the best entries IMHO