Beefcoat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beefcoat

HAX, that was amazing and quite frankly, brought a little tear to my eye. It made me giggle down in the depth of my heart!

This race is absolutely nerve wracking!

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
SailorButterfly wrote:Every time this shirt falls out of the fog, Domo-kun kills a kitten.

Please, think of the kittens. Vote!

Don't forget about the kittens! You can save them by voting!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox
Beefcoat wrote:HAX, that was amazing and quite frankly, brought a little tear to my eye. It made me giggle down in the depth of my heart!

This race is absolutely nerve wracking!

Thanks, beefcoat. I somehow managed to fog entries in the last two derbies, and the anxiety is ridiculous. I refreshed the page every couple minutes, but it's worse than a competition where you can actually use your adrenaline to push harder. When noon hits, the relief will be so sweet. Seriously, regular foggers like cho and tgentry must have to do yoga or something. Good luck!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: oh crud

Here's hoping you make it into the top three Beef!!!

Awesome job and design!

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
jamescho84 wrote:Oh snapz batman. I just removed my houses vote so theres a bigger gap. Here's to jimiyo getting printed - Huzzzzaahhhh!!

what do you mean removed your houses vote? Seems like other people are removing votes... all three shirts were flirting with 555 votes, and now this is down to 553?!? come on people!

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: Why Can't I Fly, Friend?

Fly, Ostrich!! Make that engine soar! Right into the screen printing shop!

sailstud25

Iambusyeating wrote:I agree with Shan. You've handled the whole situation incredibly well considering. I'm sure I would have gone off the deep end if I was taking the abuse you took.

I agree... way to hold strong, and good luck in this race for 2-5. It seems pretty crazy in there.

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!

f0sman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages f0sman

The battle was ugly...Fog O War...
But i hope, i hope that when the fog clears, the seeds of hope will begin the GROW.
Tis spring time.

It'll be a great t-shirt to have!!

ALL THE BEST!!

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: The Thunderbolt

Thanks for all the love on this entry, guys. It will be making a return once I get the rights back. My boyfriend wants it. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

AnGeLiCbOrIs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnGeLiCbOrIs
Re: Grumpy Boxdog

C'mon people. All Grumpy Boxdog needs are about 600 votes in the next 5 minutes.

sailstud25

superspryte wrote:Thanks for all the love on this entry, guys. It will be making a return once I get the rights back. My boyfriend wants it. ^_^

Was just enjoying your sig... remind me what the pink and blue shirt was. I can't quite see it. They're just a touch too small.

Also looking forward to when I can adjust my priorities to enjoy wine like that. Darn student loans! lolol

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

sailstud25 wrote:Was just enjoying your sig... remind me what the pink and blue shirt was. I can't quite see it. They're just a touch too small.

Also looking forward to when I can adjust my priorities to enjoy wine like that. Darn student loans! lolol

Oh, I just graduated in December. My priorities might be a bit messed up, hee!

Please Don’t Feed The Whatever That Thing Is.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Jemmacakes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jemmacakes
KenSPT wrote:Dammit, I hope this makes its way back into the Fog, if for no other reason than to drive the haters of the shirt even more frickin' crazy ...

Er, it's a shirt design. "Hate" is such a strong word.

Repelled. Reminded of Archer Daniels Midland subsidiary. A bag of horse feed (without a horse!).

But hate?

No. Hate relies on loving something. And this was never a love affair.
;)

that wuz teh funneh

Dagith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dagith
superspryte wrote:Glad you like it! I'm also glad you didn't say the propellor looks off...since all my references had moving propellors I had to make it up. ^_^

looks pretty good to me.

it'd be sweet with a shark mouth though :P

lunartan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunartan
AdderXYU wrote:I think, myself, that Woot needs to play with their voting scheme some other way. I'd love a bigger hotness... you can see proof every week... the hotness and fog self-perpetuate. There will always be the one new shirt that makes the hotness, then slows to a crawl immediately upon dropping out, and as anyone can witness, at least half the hotness spots at any given time are already in the fog, meaning the fog breeds hotness.

It's not like every week doesn't bring these same discussions, mainly because every week brings these same issues. I don't think a silent vote count will help, but a larger fog will. A hotness that doesn't include foggers, or else lists entries at random, will. Even making the default entry view a random sort would help... people would click on the derby and automatically see four big thumbnails from anywhere in the derby, as opposed to the four newest. Sure, most would switch views from there, but that could be all it takes to catch the eye of some voters. And if that random eye-catch is enough to boost that entry into the hotness, where it would have been ignored otherwise, we'll only see better shirts for it.

I like many of your ideas, Adder. Really like excluding fog entries from the hotness.

I'd just like to see the fog bashing minimized, and rely more on praising good submissions in the forums to garner attention & votes. As well as encourage people to scroll down on the page and actually take the time to see the 100+ entries without relying on the hotness and the "Votes" filter to determine what's "worth" voting for.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Jemmacakes wrote:Er, it's a shirt design. "Hate" is such a strong word.

Repelled. Reminded of Archer Daniels Midland subsidiary. A bag of horse feed (without a horse!).

But hate?

No. Hate relies on loving something. And this was never a love affair.
;)

that wuz teh funneh

Now the real question is, if Ken roots for things to win out of spite, not out of talent or worthiness, why should we pay attention to his opinions?

It's amazing how many people will defend a terrible shirt not because they like it, but because people dared to call it bad. It happens every derby... someone votes for a horrible shirt, or a shirt they wouldn't have voted for otherwise, just out of spite that someone would dare ridicule it. And that, to me, proves more than anything just how useless the design is, let alone the opinion of that voter.

lalouque

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lalouque

DARN! I can't believe this dropped out of the fog..... *deep sigh*

scubasm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scubasm
Dagith wrote:looks pretty good to me.

it'd be sweet with a shark mouth though :P

The ones with shark's mouths were generally P-40 Warhawks. Maybe we can convince Superspryte to do one of those next. :p

xdingoatemybaby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xdingoatemybaby
bluchez wrote:The best I can tell, you are correct, it is a Mercator projection just arbitrarily placed on a circle. This is why anartica was left off, because it would not fit the bottom of a circle.

Might I suggest to the artist, that when trying to do something like this, they look at other possible projections. If one were to use something like the Van Der Grinten projection, the result would have been a circle, but the shapes of the continents relative to it would have made sense.

link

Geography nerds for the win!

psbrett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psbrett
SailorButterfly wrote:Are you kidding, or are we not looking at the same thing? This entry is the resub, and it has been fogged since he entered it. Shirtderbystats has this in 1st place right now.

Unaware of shirtderbystats. My ranking had ? so I just assumed that it wasn't getting enough votes. After looking through the ranking page again, I realize that I'm an one that smells of Elderberries. Top four have always been there in the fog of war and I just never noticed. I need a weekend or ten.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
psbrett wrote:Unaware of shirtderbystats. My ranking had ? so I just assumed that it wasn't getting enough votes. After looking through the ranking page again, I realize that I'm an one that smells of Elderberries. Top four have always been there in the fog of war and I just never noticed. I need a weekend or ten.

It's cool. I hope I didn't come across as too snippy, I was honestly asking because I thought you might have been sarcastically kidding. l o l

Here's shirtderbystats if you want to check it out in the future:
http://www.shirtderbystats.com/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AdderXYU wrote:Wouldn't a tribute to something "whom [sic] will be greatly missed here on woot" technically be a "woot reference"?

Splinter didn't have his own account.
He never even bought anything....although he did enjoy the empty boxes.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Switz213

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Switz213
vitalgva wrote:did you use some kind of CAD program with meshing? looks good!

I used a model in Cinema 4D (I mostly use Maya though)
Then I rendered it as a wireframe basically. Few edits in PS.

fun fun fun

troplex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages troplex
Re: la calavera

Why is this shirt not in the final four?

mehron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mehron
troplex wrote:Why is this shirt not in the final four?

Sigh. Another perfect shirt doesn't make it.

I wanted it.

mehron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mehron

Another one I love doesn't make it.

CreationsFromChaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CreationsFromChaos

Here you go bud:

tiaerman wrote:I curious to see a bigger picture of the design. I really like the way you did this. I want to look at it and follow all the lines

babydoll92650

quality posts: 0 Private Messages babydoll92650
Re: Electric Lines

Music to my ears ,I want one.

babydoll92650

quality posts: 0 Private Messages babydoll92650
Re: Rock-N-Roll

I just want to rock and roll all nite and party every day, Yessssssssss

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: grow

Two different people mentioned horsefeed logos, without posting pictures. One person mentioned Archer Daniels Midland, so I went on a search. The only thing I found was this:

I do not think that Grow looks like this, unless you think all leaves look the same.

aidenb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aidenb
lalouque wrote:DARN! I can't believe this dropped out of the fog..... *deep sigh*

Right there with ya. Such a nice color too.

surfinspud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages surfinspud

Wow this is the most inspirational set of lines I have seen. You should make hats and join the beard team.

psbrett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psbrett
SailorButterfly wrote:It's cool. I hope I didn't come across as too snippy, I was honestly asking because I thought you might have been sarcastically kidding. l o l

Here's shirtderbystats if you want to check it out in the future:
http://www.shirtderbystats.com/

Nah you're fine. I just really didn't think it would win and was disappointed. I liked the concept. Now I know about the site.

Apparently, I also can't comment on my failure since it got filtered. I suppose it helps to prevent trolling but I'd rather be advised first.

assmunchower

quality posts: 0 Private Messages assmunchower
Re: la calavera

You should've won man. I'm pissed. You can't go wrong with skulls.

txbabyblues

quality posts: 0 Private Messages txbabyblues
Re: Spotted spots

This is beautiful. I hope it will be printed at some point in the future.

broflovski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages broflovski

why did this fall out from the fog
i havent bought any shirts recently because the ones i like are the ones that almost made it to the godforesaken fog!

reparoby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reparoby
Re: Cletus

cletus should have been the winner

dorbie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dorbie
Re: Why Can't I Fly, Friend?

This was a great and original design.

slcinc is misguided for making his unfounded allegation of plagerism.

The two designs are nothing like each other and nobody holds a monopoly on flying penguins.

Look at the Ostrich design! Pitty there's no TUX connection there, I'd have gotten the penguin one, I'm just not interested in the ostriches.

Slcinc, get a clue before posting and spoiling a great entry....

Shame on you Woot, shame on you slcinc.

keith5885

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keith5885

WHY DIDNT THIS WIN????????

I would have bought it. None of the others would get me to buy them. TRY AGAIN with this please. This is tight. Best shirt ever on woot.

jckenned

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jckenned

Faith and Begorrah!! I think this one should win, with the Grim Reaper second.