no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
sparklzk27 wrote:what is the rule regarding resubs from past derbies? I read in another post that you can resub as long as you change something? is there somewhere to see a complete list of derby rules? just wondering for future reference and I just wrote this out on my new wacom tablet I love this thing!

Other than resubs, here is an unofficial list of rules as compiled by Derek Filley.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

jimiyo wrote:hon to? anata wa kakoeeeeeee!

wait wait...

Su goi-

Su-pu-ra-e-toh!

watachi no okasan wa ninhonjin

otosan wah Honkey.

hehehe

you ever check out JET Programme? go teach english without even having to know japenese. i was gonna do it, but i wanted to be an artist, not a teacher. it would be great if you want the whole japanese experience. ive heard great things about it.

I'm going with ECC. Far superior program (7 weeks paid vacation and 29.5 hours a week with a full-time salary). ^_~

PS - I don't particularly want to be a teacher but I want to live in Japan and it's the best possible situation I could have because I'll have so much free time (as compared to other jobs) and about the same pay.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

superspryte wrote:I'm going with ECC. Far superior program (7 weeks paid vacation and 29.5 hours a week with a full-time salary). ^_~

PS - I don't particularly want to be a teacher but I want to live in Japan and it's the best possible situation I could have because I'll have so much free time (as compared to other jobs) and about the same pay.

It is a noble profession. It requires a LOT of patience and intercommunication skills and I admire anybody who can act with such authority- teachers are leaders.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

PemberDucky wrote:It is a noble profession. It requires a LOT of patience and intercommunication skills and I admire anybody who can act with such authority- teachers are leaders.

I hope I'm up to the task. As a nanny I think I've at least started developing the necessary skills. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

no1

superspryte wrote:I hope I'm up to the task. As a nanny I think I've at least started developing the necessary skills. ^_^

Hmm... I wonder if Japanese students are as disciplined/well-behaved as the stereotype in my head says they are?

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:Hmm... I wonder if Japanese students are as disciplined/well-behaved as the stereotype in my head says they are?

Since most of my students will be enrolled voluntarily, yes. I will be teaching all ages though, so it's not just kids.

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
no1 wrote:Hmm... I wonder if Japanese students are as disciplined/well-behaved as the stereotype in my head says they are?

got any other things in your head telling you things?

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

no1

Schrobblehead wrote:got any other things in your head telling you things?

Not since I started wearing this.

Schrobblehead

no1 wrote:Not since I started wearing this.

That grey shirt? interesting choice, but I'm not sure how it would help con tu problemas psicológicos.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
no1 wrote:Not since I started wearing this.

I've been wearing the "fez" for about two years now, with mixed results.I think I need to change to
the "Centurion" for medical reasons.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
superspryte wrote:I hope I'm up to the task. As a nanny I think I've at least started developing the necessary skills. ^_^

where in Japan will you be?

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom

If you believe this guy, they are all sex obsessed little perverts.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

AttilaTheMom

TAYLORT5 wrote:I've been wearing the "fez" for about two years now, with mixed results.I think I need to change to

heh. Mine has a +5 against mind control rays. :P

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:where in Japan will you be?

I don't have an exact assignment yet so I don't know exactly when I'm flying out or where I'll be, but they are trying to place me in Kanto. ^_^

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Great Googly Moogly... just finished writing and prepping a lab practical for tomorrow. If I see one more muscle diagram I'm gonna kill something.

Yikes.

Hi folksies!

SkekTek

TAYLORT5 wrote:I've been wearing the "fez" for about two years now, with mixed results.I think I need to change to

Like this?

Akbar and Jeff... the comic Groening made before the Simpsons. Life in Hell. Good stuff.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
SkekTek wrote:Great Googly Moogly... just finished writing and prepping a lab practical for tomorrow. If I see one more muscle diagram I'm gonna kill something.

Yikes.

Hi folksies!

that wuz teh funneh

I'm so glad I never went into anything scientific... I wanted to be a marine biologist for the longest time. I just don't know if I could handle muscle diagrams for multiple species of fish

Schrobblehead

JadenKale wrote:marine biologist

Isn't that always the "dream job" of every kid who loves animals? I wanted to be a "scientist" when I was a kid, then I took biology I think I would have failed had I not gotten "humor points" when I drew an orange for my answer to 1) Draw the structure of citric acid.

I am not making this up.

SkekTek

Schrobblehead wrote:Isn't that always the "dream job" of every kid who loves animals? I wanted to be a "scientist" when I was a kid, then I took biology I think I would have failed had I not gotten "humor points" when I drew an orange for my answer to 1) Draw the structure of citric acid.

I am not making this up.

You still got that? Care to scan and share? I collect silly answers from students. My favorite ever was that scientific names needed to be in Italian (instead of italics).

First think I though of when I saw that username...

Schrobble schrobble...

Schrobblehead

SkekTek wrote:You still got that? Care to scan and share? I collect silly answers from students. My favorite ever was that scientific names needed to be in Italian (instead of italics).

First think I though of when I saw that username...

Schrobble schrobble...

I did have it last time I went though old papers to throw stuff away, but I still have a lot, so it could be a while before I find it. Maybe in a couple of days.

Whatever happened to the hamburglar anyways? Maybe he's locked up in that jail at the top of Mayor McCheese's head.

PemberDucky

Staff

O Hai Cyberpub.
I don't understand how I can be hungover after two drinks.
When I was young and spry (two years ago), I could handle this crap.
My head. It throbs.

Schrobblehead

PemberDucky wrote:O Hai Cyberpub.
My head. It throbs.

And you're already back at the pub? get a hold of yourself.

AttilaTheMom

PemberDucky wrote:O Hai Cyberpub.
My head. It throbs.

Sometimes you handle the drink, sometimes the drink handles you. I like to drink and then pretend I'm still young and spry.

PemberDucky

Staff

Schrobble, fiberoptic wild horses couldn't keep me from the warm glow of the pub.

Attila, I've spent the morning swearing off all booze, but I'm sure that I'll return to it, too. Because I want to believe that I'm still 21.

My friends and I are noticing that as we get closer to 30, the hangovers get worse and seemingly occur without rhyme or reason. It makes us sad, because we'll soon have to learn to enjoy each other's company while sober. I don't think we remember how to do that. (I'm kidding, by the way.)

Schrobblehead

PemberDucky wrote:...as we get closer to 30, the hangovers get worse and seemingly occur without rhyme or reason...

Hmmm.... I'm in a similar age group, and I can't handle my booze as well anymore because I don't drink like I used to, but the hangovers got better. The only reason is because I now drink only top-shelf liquor and microbrew or import beers. I stay away from red wine too (but any cheap wine is bad for hangovers). A wise professor once told me the secret behind why this works, which I won't bother to share, but I assure you his advice has paid off for me.

AttilaTheMom

PemberDucky wrote:Schrobble, fiberoptic wild horses couldn't keep me from the warm glow of the pub.

Attila, I've spent the morning swearing off all booze, but I'm sure that I'll return to it, too. Because I want to believe that I'm still 21.

My friends and I are noticing that as we get closer to 30, the hangovers get worse and seemingly occur without rhyme or reason. It makes us sad, because we'll soon have to learn to enjoy each other's company while sober. I don't think we remember how to do that. (I'm kidding, by the way.)

I barely remember 21. Must be because I was always drunk. :P

I do notice that if I haven't been drinking enough water, or hadn't eaten much before a good binge that the headache is much worse the next day. Now I prefer to drink margaritas cause i think the water retaining action of the salt helps balance the diuretic properties of the alcohol. And no hangovers.

PemberDucky

Staff

Schrobblehead wrote:Hmmm.... I'm in a similar age group, and I can't handle my booze as well anymore because I don't drink like I used to, but the hangovers got better. The only reason is because I now drink only top-shelf liquor and microbrew or import beers. I stay away from red wine too (but any cheap wine is bad for hangovers). A wise professor once told me the secret behind why this works, which I won't bother to share, but I assure you his advice has paid off for me.

Ah, that's interesting and I believe it, because it was Cheap Vodka night at the PemberHouse and I RARELY mess with that stuff anymore. Mostly I'm a beer girl, and in fact can drink quite a bit of it before waking up twirly the next morning. So what your professor professes makes a load of sense.

I think another part of it is the 'cleanliness' of my system versus what it used to be (kinda like what you said). Spend a lot of time sweating out impurities and the new toxins hit you pretty hard, I suppose. (I have nothing to back that up.)

PemberDucky

Staff

AttilaTheMom wrote:I barely remember 21. Must be because I was always drunk. :P

I do notice that if I haven't been drinking enough water, or hadn't eaten much before a good binge that the headache is much worse the next day. Now I prefer to drink margaritas cause i think the water retaining action of the salt helps balance the diuretic properties of the alcohol. And no hangovers.

That's simply brilliant!
True true about the food/water. I'm going to throw fatigue in the mix, too. Exhaustion can mess with a body. (Mine, anyway...)

Schrobblehead

AttilaTheMom wrote:I barely remember 21. Must be because I was always drunk. :P

What kind of tequila? And yeah, they ("they" being people on the news reporting what other smarter people said) say that dehydration is the biggest part of hangovers, so I usually drink a bottle before bed-time after drinking, but the rest is nasty junk in cheap alcohol (including your typical superbowl advertising brands).

PemberDucky

Staff

Schrobblehead wrote:What kind of tequila? And yeah, they ("they" being people on the news reporting what other smarter people said) say that dehydration is the biggest part of hangovers, so I usually drink a bottle before bed-time after drinking, but the rest is nasty junk in cheap alcohol (including your typical superbowl advertising brands).

I've heard it's also withdrawal, although I don't know how much I buy into that.

SkekTek

Tequila! Mmm...

Well, gotta go to the derby and start messing with my votes to increase the drama!

Schrobblehead

SkekTek wrote:Tequila! Mmm...

Well, gotta go to the derby and start messing with my votes to increase the drama!

I thought I was the only one who did that! I couldn't today because my boss took me out to lunch.

rendyubaldo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rendyubaldo
AttilaTheMom wrote:YUM!

yeaP im feeling this one do you have size medium