AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
dontwantaname wrote:We have corrupted you all!!!!
Well, at least the weather has been odd lately. So it might be something to talk about.

I have a foot of snow in my yard that I More of these! NOW! to think about, let alone talk about. I hate winter.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 39 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Schrobblehead wrote:I worked on my poses this weekend too, but magnum just isn't ready yet.

But are you an ambi-turner?

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

AttilaTheMom wrote:I have a foot of snow in my yard that I More of these! NOW! to think about, let alone talk about. I hate winter.

Where are you again, Attila? Snow's melting here but I hate winter as well. Good thing my preferred area in Japan is arouns Los Angeles latitude. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
JadenKale wrote:ROFL That was great!!!

Even seen a woman cut the cheese? They don't do it right, they're too delicate.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

Schrobblehead

PemberDucky wrote:But are you an ambi-turner?

I am, but I may have gotten the black lung. *tiny coughs*

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale

Here's a topic, seeing Joel hasn't posted them yet; Who is definitely on the reckoning chopping block today?

I haven't really been paying attention, but I wonder if they'll remove more due to the fact that they ran extras this weekend.

JadenKale

Schrobblehead wrote:Even seen a woman cut the cheese? They don't do it right, they're too delicate.

I laughed at the guy needing to 'pinch a loaf' in the back.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

JadenKale wrote:Here's a topic, seeing Joel hasn't posted them yet; Who is definitely on the reckoning chopping block today?

I haven't really been paying attention, but I wonder if they'll remove more due to the fact that they ran extras this weekend.

As of this very moment:

21. Ain't No Party Like A Boston Party
22. Survival Tracking Guide
23. Lightning Bugs
24. Loves Me, Loves Me Not
25. Know When to Fold
26. Enchanted Garden
27. May Be Subject To Random Searches

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
Schrobblehead wrote:Even seen a woman cut the cheese? They don't do it right, they're too delicate.

Speak for yourself. I have a cleaver AND I know how to use it. :P

And the monday maunderings are posted in the derby forum for your reading enjoyment. Now I must go chauffer children to martial arts class.

Spryte, I'm in ohio, which just got blizzarded, and not in the DQ way.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

stlwooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stlwooter
Schrobblehead wrote:snortz!. We share the same woot-birth-day, but you have out posted me by 3,720 to 1

Edit: was your first purchase some random calendars? I tried to buy a Bashing on Cobras at a woot off, and settled for calendars.

Edited Edit: The calendars were in later woot-off after failed attempt to buy Bashing on Cobras.

Haven't the foggiest what my first purchase was. I design my own calendars on cafepress, so it wasn't that. Let me go look at my account...

looks like it might have been
6/9/2006 Frog Family Desktop Bundle (the eyes moved, man!)

I don't know if they drop off your earlier purchases from the list, though.

Edit: yup, the numbers don't add up unless they count multiples and shirts.

Schrobblehead

stlwooter wrote:Haven't the foggiest what my first purchase was. I design my own calendars on cafepress, so it wasn't that. Let me go look at my account...

looks like it might have been
6/9/2006 Frog Family Desktop Bundle (the eyes moved, man!)

I don't know if they drop off your earlier purchases from the list, though.

Edit: yup, the numbers don't add up unless they count multiples and shirts.

That would have been funny though. I checked the blog. I joined 2/11. there was a Bashing on Cobras on 2/10 that I wasn't able to buy b/c I wasn't signed up. 2/16 was a woot-off and I bought calendars and a stupid 3-in-1 blender/juicer/chopper that broke within a week.

Oh, and please share your calendars with us. Link?

JadenKale

superspryte wrote:As of this very moment:

21. Ain't No Party Like A Boston Party
22. Survival Tracking Guide
23. Lightning Bugs
24. Loves Me, Loves Me Not
25. Know When to Fold
26. Enchanted Garden
27. May Be Subject To Random Searches

My question is, how are they going to eliminate the extras come next week when the extra 2 get in the mix?

Wait... I think I figured it out. Wasn't it only 25 shirts at a time at one point?

*keeps confusing herself* Perhaps this week we'll see a random shirt sale this week so it shortens up the amount they have in the reckoning.

stlwooter

Schrobblehead wrote:That would have been funny though. I checked the blog. I joined 2/11. there was a Bashing on Cobras on 2/10 that I wasn't able to buy b/c I wasn't signed up. 2/16 was a woot-off and I bought calendars and a stupid 3-in-1 blender/juicer/chopper that broke within a week.

the history so far:
8/4/2007 Razer Pro v1.6 1600dpi Gaming Mouse (still using it. Very worth it)
3/7/2007 Boston Acoustics CRC 2-Way Center Channel Speaker (Just had purchased Left and Right speakers of same line. awesome!)
12/7/2006 GorillaPod (I love this tripod. was going to buy one anyway)
8/17/2006 Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers & Subwoofer (switched computers, no soundcard to handle this. Sitting in a box)
8/17/2006 LeakFrog (bought a house, unpacked leak frog. sitting on table in basement. Not good use of product.)
8/17/2006 iRobot Roomba Sage with Convenience Pack (4110) (occasional use. should use more)
8/17/2006 Western Digital Caviar 250GB Hard Drive (must have put in a computer?? Maybe the ShuttleX not being used?)
8/15/2006 Mediocre 4x15 Binoculars - 2 Pack (bought to use in an optics unit at school. They were too crappy to use)
6/9/2006 Frog Family Desktop Bundle (bought as a gag for someone at school who liked them. Speakers were bad quality, but they are still floating around being used. I love how the eyes move!)

and some shirts-GI subway and apathy monster

Schrobblehead

stlwooter wrote:the history so far:
8/4/2007 Razer Pro v1.6 1600dpi Gaming Mouse (still using it. Very worth it)
3/7/2007 Boston Acoustics CRC 2-Way Center Channel Speaker (Just had purchased Left and Right speakers of same line. awesome!)
12/7/2006 GorillaPod (I love this tripod. was going to buy one anyway)
8/17/2006 Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers & Subwoofer (switched computers, no soundcard to handle this. Sitting in a box)
8/17/2006 LeakFrog (bought a house, unpacked leak frog. sitting on table in basement. Not good use of product.)
8/17/2006 iRobot Roomba Sage with Convenience Pack (4110) (occasional use. should use more)
8/17/2006 Western Digital Caviar 250GB Hard Drive (must have put in a computer?? Maybe the ShuttleX not being used?)
8/15/2006 Mediocre 4x15 Binoculars - 2 Pack (bought to use in an optics unit at school. They were too crappy to use)
6/9/2006 Frog Family Desktop Bundle (bought as a gag for someone at school who liked them. Speakers were bad quality, but they are still floating around being used. I love how the eyes move!)

and some shirts-GI subway and apathy monster

If there's isn't already a "trade this crappy woot" thread it sounds like you need to start one and trade some unused woots.

stlwooter

Schrobblehead wrote:If there's isn't already a "trade this crappy woot" thread it sounds like you need to start one and trade some unused woots.

actually, I am happy with most purchases. The binoculars were labeled as mediocre, and so they were. The speakers were my error in not getting a sound card. Other than that, I am happy.

Schrobblehead

Ok, time for some fun-with-psychoanalysis. Does anyone see anything in the ink blots?
I tried to submit this as a daily last week, but no cigar:

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
no1 wrote:I guess I'll go first.

First of all, my design color sense vacuums, so feel free to ignore me.

How about a black T-shirt, removing some of the black you're using on the outside and changing his hair and back "fins" to purple (you might have to change his tongue to purple, too, to get the colors down to six). If you go with a black shirt, you might have to lighten up his guitar, too.

Hmm, that sounds like a lot of work, never mind, ignore this post.

NO 1 this ones for you... computer went down sorry for the late response

Please check it out

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Bryan818 wrote:NO 1 this ones for you... computer went down sorry for the late response

no1, I thought you said you had bad design color sense? These colors look great! :-D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

Schrobblehead

SailorButterfly wrote:no1, I thought you said you had bad design color sense? These colors look great! :-D

no kidding.

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
Schrobblehead wrote:no kidding.

kinda wish i did it on friday

Please check it out

JadenKale

Schrobblehead wrote:Ok, time for some fun-with-psychoanalysis. Does anyone see anything in the ink blots?

Ok, this is weird but I see:
scorpions
those guards from the wizard of Oz
smiling faces at the bottom of the design
an oriental dragon's face
and a lion

I could probably see more if I stared at it longer.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Schrobblehead wrote:Ok, time for some fun-with-psychoanalysis. Does anyone see anything in the ink blots?

I see faces. The middle one is a creepy clownlike face.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Schrobblehead wrote:If there's isn't already a "trade this crappy woot" thread it sounds like you need to start one and trade some unused woots.

My woots are all pictured in my sig. Once I hit 25 that will become an annotated list.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
superspryte wrote:My woots are all pictured in my sig.

O M G me too!

Schrobblehead

no1 wrote:O M G me too!

can't... stop... laughing... really... innappropriate... at... work... to ... laugh... so ... hard.

I'm pretty sure if you see something in the ink blots they are there. I intended the top portion to have a bird's face, a fish and a monkey like thingy sorta like the wizard of oz thing I guess, the middle has a dragon on the edges, but the center has 3 animals faces, each within the other and an octopus. The edges between the middle and bottom have a scorpion. The bottom has a clown fish--a fish that has a jack-in-a-box and a clown's face in it (but not really all that clown-like I guess). There is also a huge bird's face that is made up by the whole thing.

If anyone is actually interested I could post a close-up later when I have a chance to get on my home computer.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Schrobblehead wrote:can't... stop... laughing... really... innappropriate... at... work... to ... laugh... so ... hard.

I'm pretty sure if you see something in the ink blots they are there. I intended the top portion to have a bird's face, a fish and a monkey like thingy sorta like the wizard of oz thing I guess, the middle has a dragon on the edges, but the center has 3 animals faces, each within the other and an octopus. The edges between the middle and bottom have a scorpion. The bottom has a clown fish--a fish that has a jack-in-a-box and a clown's face in it (but not really all that clown-like I guess). There is also a huge bird's face that is made up by the whole thing.

If anyone is actually interested I could post a close-up later when I have a chance to get on my home computer.

Actually, it creeps me out. I'm good. ^_~

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:O M G me too!

I dub thee Scrappy. You remind me of Scrappy Doo.

Schrobblehead

superspryte wrote:Actually, it creeps me out. I'm good. ^_~

Then it had its intended effect. I titled it "Doctor, I am not well".

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Schrobblehead wrote:Then it had its intended effect. I titled it "Doctor, I am not well".

So I saw from the filename. ^_~

Schrobblehead

superspryte wrote:So I saw from the filename. ^_~

You can see filenames? Is that like a special power from an M.Night Shamalan movie? that wuz teh funneh

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Schrobblehead wrote:You can see filenames? Is that like a special power from an M.Night Shamalan movie? that wuz teh funneh

Right click, view image. ^_~

Schrobblehead

superspryte wrote:Right click, view image. ^_~

S-cubed you are a sneaky superspryte

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

So, I haven't checked, but are there any monkeys in the top 20?

And what the heck is a unipine?

Schrobblehead

SkekTek wrote:So, I haven't checked, but are there any monkeys in the top 20?

Mokey wrench was 18th when I last checked. 13th is also a monkey.

unipine? maybe a unicorn that really likes those tree shaped air fresheners.

Patchitect

SkekTek wrote:So, I haven't checked, but are there any monkeys in the top 20?

I think a unipine is a lone coniferous tree....

SkekTek

My Banana Pancakes is 44th out of 432 entries. I guess that's pretty good. Now I'm obsessed with the unipine from that Rilo Kiley video...

Schrobblehead

SkekTek wrote:My Banana Pancakes is 44th out of 432 entries. I guess that's pretty good. Now I'm obsessed with the unipine from that Rilo Kiley video...

totally forgot about that. funny little guys aren't they. That video kinda reminds me in a weird way of the music video for Float On.. I saw both those bands at ACL in 2005 and ran into Issac Brock at a mexican food restaurant that morning. That was fun.

Patchitect

Patchtone pantone equivalent color palette is now availible for inkscape and Gimp. Drop me a PM if you want the file... this time the rgb values are from a pantone approved source, i'll include the pdf file with the palette file.

SkekTek

Man, thought of another entry (but I shall resist). Moxy Fruvous- you will go to the moon. Image of a lunar lander on the moon, where there's... a monkey?

"You will go to the moon
There's plans for a hotel and a lagoon
You'll be savoring a star fruit
And kicking off your moonboot
Oh you will go to the moon.

Hey, you will go to the moon
A paradise to rival Cancun
And one side's always sunny
You'll be raking in the money
Oh you get paid on the moon"

Either that or their song King of Spain. Guy in kingly garb on a zamboni with Bill Clinton and Yeltzin. What the heck?!? you ask?

"Once I was the King of Spain (now I eat humble pie)
Hey Clinton! Hey Yeltsin! Got problems?
You phone me (now I eat humble pie)
I'm telling you I was the King of Spain (now I eat humble pie)
Now the Leafs call me up to drive the Zamboni"

Betcha noone thought of Fruvous. Those guys are out there. But then again, I wonder if anyone remembers them. Certainly noone on the shirt boards knows a lot about Phish...