jess193

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jess193

Never commented on a shirt before .... but I LOVE THIS SHIRT!!! Want, want, want!! Awesome design.

linylou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages linylou
gargrazz wrote:I am officially the only person that likes my design and/or this song. :^)

not quite! I like it too

battlespikes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages battlespikes
Re: Inspired By Dio's Holy Diver

Man, this is one of the things I hate about these derbies, here is a shirt that I would sell my soul to the metal gods for but there is a high likelyhood that it will never get made. *sigh*

jamescho84

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamescho84
jbedwar1 wrote:Thank you so much for redoing it Cho. You have my vote now for sure. I didn't get a chance to read the replies on the other one after i made the comment about the colors, so i dont know if anyone was dogging me or whatever.... but i'm REALLY glad you resubbed it.
Well done as always.

Hey, thank you there. I think this might be the first shirt of mine that I've seen you like, so I'm pretty happy. I'm glad you pointed it out, I don't think I would've changed it if you didnt.

SBR / Tgentry / redghia / andy / jono / nyadolla / zorro / kuiosikle / jemma / jimi /bluchez / spryte : thanks a lot!.

soothedbyrainfall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soothedbyrainfall
Re: Insipred by Sheep Go To Heaven

Thanks so much for all the votes (and REvotes!)

soothedbyrainfall.net

soothedbyrainfall

thewarrior wrote:i'm not to familar with the song but this design is great!

Thanks! It's by They Might Be Giants

soothedbyrainfall.net

Mblanchett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mblanchett
Re: Inspired By: Back On Earth

I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Schrobblehead
bone1977 wrote:Would vote, but no zombie....

The zombie was eaten by a school of sharks after attacked by the ninja and thrown from the portal, and the penguin couldn't keep up so he tried using his rocket, but it didn't work under water. Don't even ask about the panda.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
bluchez wrote:Now, if that doesn't spell out specifically that you were to illustrate a favorite snippet or line and not necessarily the whole song (or more), I don't know what other justification I can provide.

This illustration is 100% as the theme intended, and will be easily recognizable as a devil with a golden fiddle, and that's enough for me to immediately think of a great song by Charlie Daniels. If it isn't for you, feel free to continue the argument on your own.

(And no, goading me into discussing my education does not usually work, but thank you for trying.)

Damn...i was waiting for his smackdown by posting his SAT scores.

brizz

soothedbyrainfall wrote:Thanks! It's by They Might Be Giants

I was so hoping for a James K. Polk shirt - Napoleon of the stump!

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte
SailorButterfly wrote:I wonder if the $ counts as text?

It does.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | s.w: 16 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

stevesmithis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevesmithis
koinosuke wrote:I call shenanigans on this being rejected. Alas, when there was finally a shirt I really wanted to buy, it got rejected on the basis of not so good reasons.

Definitely. This is the number one shirt in the derby for me. He used the Abbey Road silhouette. Big whoop. It's the most iconic image on the Beatles there is. I say let it back in!

jamescho84

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamescho84

This is awesome sbr!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
stevesmithis wrote:Definitely. This is the number one shirt in the derby for me. He used the Abbey Road silhouette. Big whoop. It's the most iconic image on the Beatles there is. I say let it back in!

And that is why it should be out. The abbey road silhouette is owned by someone. Besides being an incredibly pandering design (I'm of the impression that all attempts to incorporate band imagery should be axed, because that's creating knock-off fan merch, not inspired designs) it's a very illegal-to-profit-off design. Besides that, it's been done before. Woot is not about to stick their legal necks on the line, especially when there is merchandise with the same image on it. let alone the designer not owning the image. You really want an abbey road shirt? Check ebay. I'm sure there are 100 there for only a few dollars.

brizz

stevesmithis wrote:Definitely. This is the number one shirt in the derby for me. He used the Abbey Road silhouette. Big whoop. It's the most iconic image on the Beatles there is. I say let it back in!

Uhm, that'd be the problem. Do you think just anyone can put something like that on a shirt? it's called a copyright.

afisch11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages afisch11

Thanks for all who vote; this is my first Woot drawing, and i am excited about it, please any feedback is appreciated.

brizz

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=11276]Inspired by

i guess i don't get the witch part - it's supposed to be a "good fairy" no? the bunny is great...just kind of lost me with the background. I also fear how it will print...

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
mellian wrote:That's not a replacement lyric. If the song is sung in its entirety, that is the actual last verse of the chorus.

it's still an ugly lyric, and still a variation, original or not. O Christmas Tree is the same way. And indeed, most kids songs vary from person to person. I've also heard the "Good Fairy" state "I don't like your attitude" instead of "I don't want to see you". And again, I find this adaptation foolish.

That said, does anyone else feel the "good fairy" in this sketch really doesn't evoke any sort of 'good" or "fairy" vibe?

cephallus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cephallus

mindyk1212

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mindyk1212
Re: Inpired by: Menomena

I would totally buy one this shirt. I am huge Muppet fan. If they still had Muppet Fest, I would proudly wear this shirt there.

Check out World of Dice- All things dice featuring a unique collection of dice jewelry.
And Gifts and Blessings- Buy gifts for one and provide blessings for many.

KiraMoto

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KiraMoto

Ok. I love this shirt. This is my first comment on a shirt, and it is well worth my vote and comment. I hope I get to buy one.

ponies.

soothedbyrainfall

jamescho84 wrote:This is awesome sbr!

Thanks !...and right back atcha for Rocky Raccoon. Seriously, I love that design so much I'm pushing it in my own design's thread: vote Rocky Raccoon!!!

soothedbyrainfall.net

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
AdderXYU wrote:it's still an ugly lyric, and still a variation, original or not. O Christmas Tree is the same way. And indeed, most kids songs vary from person to person. I've also heard the "Good Fairy" state "I don't like your attitude" instead of "I don't want to see you". And again, I find this adaptation foolish.

That said, does anyone else feel the "good fairy" in this sketch really doesn't evoke any sort of 'good" or "fairy" vibe?

This shirt was supposed to evoke a "twisted children's song" vibe. Aside from the crazy bunny, I made the fairy look very upset. Besides, how "good" could she be if she's turning innocent bunnies into goons? I hinted at the fairy-ness with the wand, wings and pointy ears (not as obvious). I tried making a nice fairy but it just didn't seem to fit.

afb264

quality posts: 0 Private Messages afb264
Re: Inspired by Devil Went Down...

Personally, I think the design speaks for itself. I love the colors, the concept, everything. No offense to the great state of Georgia, but I'd rather not have it on a shirt I'm wearing. Too touristy.

afb264

quality posts: 0 Private Messages afb264
jimiyo wrote:i keep looking back at this. i relaly like it. for me it reminds me of Smashing Pumpkins Spaceboy... that song has a lonely feel to it too... gmv

would have been nice to have drawn buttocks and a hint of a left hand cause it looks unfinished.

I kind of like the unfinished look--it adds to the overall simplicity and lonely feeling of "incompleteness." Heh, but that might be taking it too far though.

goldenmomiji

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldenmomiji
AdderXYU wrote:The picture on the shirt says "too many colors"
"too many colors" "too many colors"
The picture on the bus says "too many colors"
All through the town.

The photo of the bus says "I'm not yours"
"I'm not yours" "I'm not yours"
The photo of the bus says "I'm not yours"
All through the town

The layout of the bus says "boxy and dull"
"boxy and dull" "boxy and dull"
The layout of the bus says "boxy and dull"
All through the town

The designer of the shirt says "I don't care"
"I'll Still post" "who needs rules?"
The designer of the shirt says "I don't care"
All through the town.

The staffers of the woot say "Re-jec-ted"
"re-jec-ted" "re-jec-ted"
the staffers of the woot say "re-jec-ted"
All through the town

lolol I am impressed. Did you just make that up on the fly or did it take a bit of thought?

Please vote on my design!

AuntKissy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AuntKissy
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=10983]Inspired by

I'm already dancing to this tune in my new t-shirt--make this one--I love the colors, am ready for some warm weather to arrive--this will put us in the summer spirit!

amcatanzaro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amcatanzaro

I wish that this shirt was doing better! I love it!

I wasn't going to stay up. Drat! Foiled again!

Travel in style! Travel in a Woot shirt!

dasmonkeyboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasmonkeyboy
Re: Inspired by Torture Me

Torture me, Red Hot Chili Peppers

bonipoof

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonipoof
Re: Inspired by Thriller

I would wear this so very fast.

So. Very. Fast.

And I'm not even including the ones that were gifts!

aallen79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aallen79
Re: Inspired by I'm to my pants are too tight!

This is a hecka funny shirt. I would wear this to parties...or shindigs...or for casual use...you know like snow cone eating.

The22Lou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages The22Lou
Re: Inspired by Bend To Squares

Chea death cab for cutie ftw

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69

The weasels can almost smell the top 10....
edit: ...but bowing to the raccoon as it prepares to pass. Nice shirt, that one!

kirakaguya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kirakaguya

I love the design, but the background color I can't say I like as much. Personally I think it should be a darker background to help the main design stand out more.

acfejfar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acfejfar
Re: Inspired by Imagine

i would buy this just so i could write anything in the little bubble....now theres a good shirt

JadenKale

quality posts: 186 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: Inspired by Peaches

Peaches
by P.U.S.A. (Presidents of the United States of America)

Movin to the country gonna eat a lot of peaches
Im movin to the country Im gonna eat me a lot of peaches
Im movin to the country Im gonna eat a lot of peaches
Movin to the country Im gonna eat a lot of peaches
Peaches come from a can they were put there by a man
In a factory downtown
If I had my little way Id eat peaches everyday
Sun soakin bulges in the shade

Im movin to the country gonna eat a lot of peaches
Movin to the country gonna eat a lot of peaches

I took a little nap where the roots all twist
Squished a rotten peach in my fist
And dreamed about you woman
I poked my finger down inside makin a little room for a ant to hide
Natures candy in my hand or can or a pie

Millions of peaches peaches for me
Millions of peaches peaches for free

Look out

Look out

DCivay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DCivay

I've re-entered the shirt design following the correct guidlines (first time) I also included the lyrics to which the design is referring. The two people in the bottom middle are in a relationship and the surrounding figures represent different aspects of society's influence. Thanks for the interest!

blizzardfreak72543

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blizzardfreak72543

Great design, as is a great song. Too bad they didn't put it on an album. Hope it wins.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
acfejfar wrote:i would buy this just so i could write anything in the little bubble....now theres a good shirt

A simple google search reveals that such a shirt already exists! Order with the Writable Flex option at Spreadshirt, and all your thoughts will quickly come to life.

zackaroni4life

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zackaroni4life

your a terrorist...this shirt is clever and patriotic....stop trying to act all clever with your science...some ppl man just need to get slapped.