zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
daj59 wrote:Thankfully no. How was your day?

Nice. Spent most of the afternoon outdoors at my brother's place in the country with the rest of the extended family. We had our Easter celebration today.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Budding??????
You aren't that much younger than me.
//smack

L O L Sorry.

I am a natural blonde -- although it's darker now that I'm older -- so the gray doesn't show that much. I just notice it because of its different texture and that it sticks out when it's coming in because it's short. I'm starting to pluck a few gray eyebrows here and there too.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:I don't mind them. Maybe because the people getting married tend to be in my age group (although they are getting younger all the time). It's fun getting the girls all dressed up though.

Younger?
Not here.
None of daughters friends are married and she is 24.
None are even engaged.

When we were kids, lots of us were engaged in college and married by a year out of school.
If you didn't go to college, you got married even younger.
Some of my HS friends are grandparents.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

zea3

dontwantaname wrote:I realized today that I am 80% gray. Decided to take a good look after seeing my cousin, who is only 4 years older than me (exactly, I was born on her 4th birthday) and she is completely gray and doesn't dye.

I guess I'll have to dye it way more often now.

KtC, you can't be gray. Just dye it back close to your color and give up until both kids go to school, or you are sure you can get the 45 minutes or so uninterupted.
That 20 minutes the dye is on, you can' t let them make you forget to take the dye out!
Son got sick at school once and I told them they had to wait! Dye in hair.

Hi Don't. My hair is going gray at the temples and I have one solid white lock in front. It is the only part that shows unless I pull my hair back. I hate to color it because the red is always so dark and intense the first couple of weeks, then it settles into what my natural color is supposed to be. For a while I had a blond streak to blend in the white patch, but I let that idea go. Maybe I'll try it again soon.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

daj59 wrote:L O L Sorry.

I am a natural blonde -- although it's darker now that I'm older -- so the gray doesn't show that much. I just notice it because of its different texture and that it sticks out when it's coming in because it's short. I'm starting to pluck a few gray eyebrows here and there too.

Well, that doesn't mean I can't still smack you.
How old are you?
It is all downhill after 50

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Well, that doesn't mean I can't still smack you.
How old are you?
It is all downhill after 50

49....just

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

zea3

daj59 wrote:49....just

So, have you started shopping for your condo yet?

ThunderThighs

Staff

zea3 wrote:So, have you started shopping for your condo yet?

Nah, that won't be until the end of the next school year. I've got time. Some of it will depend on where he goes to college for the first year or two. That'll decide which direction from here I go.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Evening everyone. I'm just about done. Couple floors to be mopped that I'm putting off, because vacuuming the other ones were felt in my back. Husband said, "You better be careful." I didn't hear him say, "Want me to do that for you?"

Most of my generation in the family figures d-i-l put off cleaning until it was too late, so cooked up the sick kid (who, by the way has not thrown up yet and "maybe won't have it as bad") rather than have the whole family see her dirty house. Not realizing the whole family has heard from m-i-l (my m-i-l) how filthy her house always is. I just wish there was some way of letting them know no one's buying the story.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Evening everyone. I'm just about done. Couple floors to be mopped that I'm putting off, because vacuuming the other ones were felt in my back. Husband said, "You better be careful." I didn't hear him say, "Want me to do that for you?"

Most of my generation in the family figures d-i-l put off cleaning until it was too late, so cooked up the sick kid (who, by the way has not thrown up yet and "maybe won't have it as bad") rather than have the whole family see her dirty house. Not realizing the whole family has heard from m-i-l (my m-i-l) how filthy her house always is. I just wish there was some way of letting them know no one's buying the story.

Sorry you are having to spend your day cleaning Poof. Surely there's someone in your family that's bold enough to just say it? That's usually me at work. I was the one to ask the chronic cougher (lungs flying kind of coughs) to close her door.

pooflady

daj59 wrote:Sorry you are having to spend your day cleaning Poof. Surely there's someone in your family that's bold enough to just say it? That's usually me at work. I was the one to ask the chronic cougher (lungs flying kind of coughs) to close her door.

Nah, no one will. My only consolation is that now they have to have it next year, so whatever was done and bought will have to be done and bought again.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Nah, no one will. My only consolation is that now they have to have it next year, so whatever was done and bought will have to be done and bought again.

That's one of those things that you can usually let drop as a "joke" in a group conversation and everyone else sort of joins in.

tennbeekeeper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tennbeekeeper

Hey, all! Happy Easter!

zea3

tennbeekeeper wrote:Hey, all! Happy Easter!

Hi 10B! Happy Easter to you too! How is baby B?

zea3

pooflady wrote:Evening everyone. I'm just about done. Couple floors to be mopped that I'm putting off, because vacuuming the other ones were felt in my back. Husband said, "You better be careful." I didn't hear him say, "Want me to do that for you?"

You could always call to check on the "sick" child tonight and say "It is a shame you guys won't be able to come since Jr. is ill. I know you would hate to expose everyone to whatever bug Jr. has. We will certainly miss you tomorrow."

tennbeekeeper

zea3 wrote:Hi 10B! Happy Easter to you too! How is baby B?

Sleeping quietly. She had a good day swinging at the park.
How are you doing?

pooflady

zea3 wrote:You could always call to check on the "sick" child tonight and say "It is a shame you guys won't be able to come since Jr. is ill. I know you would hate to expose everyone to whatever bug Jr. has. We will certainly miss you tomorrow."

Can't. There was a "bug." Three of them had it. Also betting, if she actually is sick, that d-i-l will come and son will stay home with sick child.

zea3

tennbeekeeper wrote:Sleeping quietly. She had a good day swinging at the park.
How are you doing?

Pretty good. Had the family Easter party today. Fun watching my 18 mo old niece "hunt" eggs! Pick it up, open it, dump it out, throw it down, pick up another egg, repeat... Also she would find the most melted chocolate and try to unwrap it. Fun to watch!

tennbeekeeper

zea3 wrote:Pretty good. Had the family Easter party today. Fun watching my 18 mo old niece "hunt" eggs! Pick it up, open it, dump it out, throw it down, pick up another egg, repeat... Also she would find the most melted chocolate and try to unwrap it. Fun to watch!

That does sound like fun!! The Easter Bunny is bringing baby B some chocolate and some of those little suction cup toys that you press down and they pop up after a few seconds. I hope she thinks those are funny.

Poof! You hosting dinner tomorrow?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Can't. There was a "bug." Three of them had it. Also betting, if she actually is sick, that d-i-l will come and son will stay home with sick child.

Maybe he is like hubby.
The one who was trying to decide who would stay home two years ago when son was sick.
Stay home for HIS FAMILY reunion.

He went.
He didn't really want to.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

zea3 wrote:Pretty good. Had the family Easter party today. Fun watching my 18 mo old niece "hunt" eggs! Pick it up, open it, dump it out, throw it down, pick up another egg, repeat... Also she would find the most melted chocolate and try to unwrap it. Fun to watch!

Nothing better than watching or playing with someone elses toddler!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

tennbeekeeper wrote:That does sound like fun!! The Easter Bunny is bringing baby B some chocolate and some of those little suction cup toys that you press down and they pop up after a few seconds. I hope she thinks those are funny.

Hi Tennabee!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

zea3

tennbeekeeper wrote:That does sound like fun!! The Easter Bunny is bringing baby B some chocolate and some of those little suction cup toys that you press down and they pop up after a few seconds. I hope she thinks those are funny.

Does baby B get to hunt eggs?

pooflady

Not voluntarily. Son's turn. Child sick. Supposedly. Of course you can't have 26 people come to the house with a sick child. So I'm having it.

ThunderThighs

Staff

tennbeekeeper wrote:Hey, all! Happy Easter!

Thanks 10B! Same to you and yours!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Why am I still dressed?
Hubby is in bed.
Son is in Eruope (for lesss than a week. Hope he has a day or two without jet lag)
Nobody should show up at the door.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

tennbeekeeper

zea3 wrote:Does baby B get to hunt eggs?

Hey, D'Name!

Baby B didn't get to hunt eggs so far! We have been so busy trying to get our sink installed, we didn't pay attention to that. I have some plastic eggs I'll have to put out for her tomorrow. She did get to hunt some last year, but had no idea what she was doing.

zea3

dontwantaname wrote:Nothing better than watching or playing with someone elses toddler!

Yep, always a good time! Also funny watching my brother talk to her. He likes to talk to children like they are all 40 yrs old. She was looking at him like he was insane!

tennbeekeeper

pooflady wrote:Not voluntarily. Son's turn. Child sick. Supposedly. Of course you can't have 26 people come to the house with a sick child. So I'm having it.

Hi, daj!

Oh, Poof. I know you will do a good job, but sorry you got stuck with it.

zea3

dontwantaname wrote:Why am I still dressed?
Hubby is in bed.
Son is in Eruope (for lesss than a week. Hope he has a day or two without jet lag)
Nobody should show up at the door.

Get comfy, we don't mind!

ThunderThighs

Staff

zea3 wrote:Get comfy, we don't mind!

Yep, I'm just about ready to go get my jammies pants on now that Maisy is walked.

tennbeekeeper

zea3 wrote:Yep, always a good time! Also funny watching my brother talk to her. He likes to talk to children like they are all 40 yrs old. She was looking at him like he was insane!

Oh, so that is why baby B looks at us like that!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

zea3 wrote:Yep, always a good time! Also funny watching my brother talk to her. He likes to talk to children like they are all 40 yrs old. She was looking at him like he was insane!

Better than my husband still using the toddler voice when he talks to daughter.
Not as bad, but you can still hear it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

zea3

dontwantaname wrote:Better than my husband still using the toddler voice when he talks to daughter.

She must love that!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Better than my husband still using the toddler voice when he talks to daughter.

Son is always giving me a hard time about how I can be yelling at him one minute and talk baby to Maisy the next. He can't figure out how I can switch moods so fast. I'm not mad at the dog!

zea3

daj59 wrote:Son is always giving me a hard time about how I can be yelling at him one minute and talk baby to Maisy the next. He can't figure out how I can switch moods so fast. I'm not mad at the dog!

Imagine how confused he would be if he had siblings! "Why am I in trouble, he did it first!" "I caught you, not him." "That's not fair!"

tennbeekeeper

daj59 wrote:Son is always giving me a hard time about how I can be yelling at him one minute and talk baby to Maisy the next. He can't figure out how I can switch moods so fast. I'm not mad at the dog!

Oooo, my husband is amazed how I can do stuff like that, too. You're not mad at the person calling, so you answer nicely, of course!

ThunderThighs

Staff

tennbeekeeper wrote:Oooo, my husband is amazed how I can do stuff like that, too. You're not mad at the person calling, so you answer nicely, of course!

Yep, that stumps him too!

ThunderThighs

Staff

zea3 wrote:Imagine how confused he would be if he had siblings! "Why am I in trouble, he did it first!" "I caught you, not him." "That's not fair!"

He never understood some of the "threats" his friends would use sometimes. These kids had siblings. "I'm going to tell!" and stuff like that. He'd never heard it before. I always just told him to tell them to go ahead and I'll get to the truth. They try it to get their way.

zea3

So Daj, what was your opinion of Prisilla Presley's dancing the other night?