dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

zea3 wrote:Does your mom like to read? She just may not see it as a "fun" gift for a child.

She reads. She thinks kids don't. Even after I won all the reading awards and she actually had to tell the Liberian that I was reading the books I took out every week. I wasn't just taking them out to get the reading club stickers.
I think it is the owning of the book that bothers her.
She doesn't understand how many times a little kid can listen to a book!

I remember a step niece saying she needed new books because she had read her son all the ones she had. My other niece and I just groaned...she couldn't be doing it right!
The other niece's kids have all of my kids books. (this is the step family....all married and had kids young...although not always in that order.)

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
dontwantaname wrote:She reads. She thinks kids don't. Even after I won all the reading awards and she actually had to tell the Liberian that I was reading the books I took out every week. I wasn't just taking them out to get the reading club stickers.
I think it is the owning of the book that bothers her.
She doesn't understand how many times a little kid can listen to a book!

I remember a step niece saying she needed new books because she had read her son all the ones she had. My other niece and I just groaned...she couldn't be doing it right!
The other niece's kids have all of my kids books. (this is the step family....all married and had kids young...although not always in that order.)

The niece was probably tired of the books! Little kids love repetition. My oldest could listen to "Are You My Mother?" 20 times a night!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

zea3 wrote:The niece was probably tired of the books! Little kids love repetition. My oldest could listen to "Are You My Mother?" 20 times a night!

This same niece wouldn't give the baby the blanket I got him. One of those soft things with a stuffed head sewn on.
She said no kid of hers was going to get attached to something .
This same niece found out she was pregant 8 weeks after her second was born.
The two babies will be 10 months apart.
You would think any self soothing thing she could find would be good!

Poor baby. Middle child and he was only a few weeks old!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 619 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Milk and Cookies was son's repeat read for a long time. That's the one that sticks in my mind.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:This same niece wouldn't give the baby the blanket I got him. One of those soft things with a stuffed head sewn on.

Reminds me of the people across the street from us in WA. Two adopted kids. Parents didn't believe in hugs. Didn't want the kids to be too soft. Daughter would come hug neighbors until nanny would stop her.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

daj59 wrote:Reminds me of the people across the street from us in WA. Two adopted kids. Parents didn't believe in hugs. Didn't want the kids to be too soft. Daughter would come hug neighbors until nanny would stop her.

That is just sad.
She is going to do all sorts of thing when she gets older for the physical attention.

The guys across the street wouldn't let their only child (adopted) bring his bear with him on vacation.
He was 3 or 4 at the time.
We thought they were nuts.
Still do.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
tennbeekeeper wrote:That is sweet!
Off to bed for me. We've had a long two days, so we are turning in early tonight.
Oh, and D'name, baby B loves "Goodnight Moon," now. You put a little inscription in the book, too, with a smiley face (in red) and she squeals out "Bob" (the Tomato) every time she sees it.

Night, 10B. Have a great Easter.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:That is just sad.
She is going to do all sorts of thing when she gets older for the physical attention.

The guys across the street wouldn't let their only child (adopted) bring his bear with him on vacation.
He was 3 or 4 at the time.
We thought they were nuts.
Still do.

And here I was telling son to stop hanging his stuffed Minnie (we were at DisneyWorld) out the window or he'd lose her and we weren't turning back. We turned back and I ran into the freeway to pick her up. Still won't let him forget that one.

FORUM MODERATOR

zea3

daj59 wrote:Reminds me of the people across the street from us in WA. Two adopted kids. Parents didn't believe in hugs. Didn't want the kids to be too soft. Daughter would come hug neighbors until nanny would stop her.

Most children crave affection. If they don't get it from their parents then they will get it from whomever is willing to give it, and we all know that is not a good thing. Sometimes when I go to one of my schools, little kids that have never met me will come up and give me a hug.

ThunderThighs

Staff

zea3 wrote:Most children crave affection. If they don't get it from their parents then they will get it from whomever is willing to give it, and we all know that is not a good thing. Sometimes when I go to one of my schools, little kids that have never met me will come up and give me a hug.

Yet working in a school, you have to be very careful with those hugs so they don't come back to bite you.

FORUM MODERATOR

zea3

dontwantaname wrote:This same niece wouldn't give the baby the blanket I got him. One of those soft things with a stuffed head sewn on.

The kid will become attached to something if he wants. He will probably pick something odd instead of a stuffed toy or blankie.

ThunderThighs

Staff

zea3 wrote:The kid will become attached to something if he wants. He will probably pick something odd instead of a stuffed toy or blankie.

We were lucky. Son went from thing to thing. He'd be stuck on one thing for months, then it would be something else for months.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

zea3 wrote:The kid will become attached to something if he wants. He will probably pick something odd instead of a stuffed toy or blankie.

I still have younger son's blankie, holes and all. I'll give it to him someday.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

zea3

daj59 wrote:Yet working in a school, you have to be very careful with those hugs so they don't come back to bite you.

I don't hug back. I pat their shoulder and say "Thank you, now get back in line."

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:I still have younger son's blankie, holes and all. I'll give it to him someday.

I have my teddie in the cedar chest that my parents saved. I used to go to sleep by pulling the fuzz out on its chest. One boyfriend commented that he was glad I outgrew that habit.

FORUM MODERATOR

zea3

daj59 wrote:I have my teddie in the cedar chest that my parents saved. I used to go to sleep by pulling the fuzz out on its chest. One boyfriend commented that he was glad I outgrew that habit.

But it would be a great deal! A girlfriend who saves you money on body waxing!

ThunderThighs

Staff

zea3 wrote:But it would be a great deal! A girlfriend who saves you money on body waxing!

I'll try to remember that line next time.

I'm going to bed. Have a wonderful Easter!

FORUM MODERATOR

zea3

daj59 wrote:I'll try to remember that line next time.

Goodnight Daj.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Baths are done, still need to get the oldest to stay in bed.

I have my baby blanket (my mom found it extremely useful that my sister and I ALWAYS had a blanket in the car or whenever we traveled), and Orc's mom sent us his teddy bear.

My girls have never really bonded to any one thing yet. Oldest sleeps with no more than 4 things in her bed, but sometimes those things rotate. They are typically, bear, bunny, Wally (a moose), and dolly (we have real creative names happening). First thing both girls wouldn't leave the house without; a yellow stick.

On the kids books front: At one point Orc had every single kids book we had memorized. My parents sent more books. We still have them pretty good, even though there are many.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

KtCallista

daj59 wrote:I'll try to remember that line next time.

Goodnight!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Baths are done, still need to get the oldest to stay in bed.

I have my baby blanket (my mom found it extremely useful that my sister and I ALWAYS had a blanket in the car or whenever we traveled), and Orc's mom sent us his teddy bear.

My girls have never really bonded to any one thing yet. Oldest sleeps with no more than 4 things in her bed, but sometimes those things rotate. They are typically, bear, bunny, Wally (a moose), and dolly (we have real creative names happening). First thing both girls wouldn't leave the house without; a yellow stick.

On the kids books front: At one point Orc had every single kids book we had memorized. My parents sent more books. We still have them pretty good, even though there are many.

A stick...better to fight with in the back seat.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:A stick...better to fight with in the back seat.

Or to ward off scary things.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Or to ward off scary things.

actually it's awesome for teething

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:actually it's awesome for teething

No splinters?

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:No splinters?

No, it's a wood block that fits perfectly in the hand and is long and skinny and painted yellow. It is from a set of blocks they got given.

pooflady

Night all.

Happy Easter.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

HAPPY EASTER!!!!!

are those puckers? Happy Pucker Easter?!?!?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

Happy Easter everyone!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

cruzer wrote:Happy Easter everyone!!

Happy Easter Cruzer!!!!
What are you going to do today?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Night everyone!

If you celebrate it, have a great Easter!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

cruzer

dontwantaname wrote:Happy Easter Cruzer!!!!
What are you going to do today?

Well, I got my grandfather's tractor started, so I'm gonna ride that around tomorrow to see how it handles.

KtCallista

cruzer wrote:Well, I got my grandfather's tractor started, so I'm gonna ride that around tomorrow to see how it handles.

Sounds like a fun plan.

Happy Easter!

Happy Spring Everyone!

Goodnight all.

tall4agirl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tall4agirl

Happy Easter, everyone!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

FORUM MODERATOR

cruzer

Good afternoon all! Hope everyone is having fun with family and friends

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

cruzer wrote:Good afternoon all! Hope everyone is having fun with family and friends

I'm so bored. Home alone. And my chinchillas are sleeping. -_-;

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

cruzer

superspryte wrote:I'm so bored. Home alone. And my chinchillas are sleeping. -_-;

Better than some other possibilities

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

cruzer wrote:Better than some other possibilities

For sure. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

cruzer

superspryte wrote:For sure. ^_^

So what are you up to today ss?

ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:So what are you up to today ss?

//smack

FORUM MODERATOR